2019 - A year of a little less Disney...who I am kidding no it isn't! Updated 8/22

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
So exciting!! I can't wait to follow along on Insta and see all the SWGE fun!
:cool1:

Tbh when I tried one a few years back it wasn't my favorite! haha so I never made it a priority for him but we will get him one sooner or later! I almost may have just had a bad experience waiting in a 45 minute line and not being able to ride Jingle Cruise lol

Amen sister that would be rough!
Hallelujah! So thankful I caught the price drop!!

For real! It will be such a fun whirlwind trip!
I cannot wait to be outta work and on my way! Only three more work days to get through!!

I went back and forth on that too. Now take this with a grain of salt because I didn't do either, but I told Jon over and over that I wanted to build a droid. Then we got there and I realized that as fun as the experience might be, it's $100 for a toy that is going to sit on a shelf and never get used. So unless you're super into droids or you know you'll have it out all the time, it might not be worth it.

Savi's I think is a much cooler experience. The magic of being to build the lightsaber then see it power up for the first time is almost existential (I've been told). So even though it's twice the cost of the droid, I think it's a lot more special. I'm working on getting Jon around to the idea that I might build one in May. At the very least it's an awesome decoration with a special memory attached to it.

But you (and DH) do you! Do neither! Do both! Do whatever feels special to you!
Okay this is what I needed to hear!! I don't really NEED either of them and I don't imagine I would do much with a droid beyond just making it and I totally leaned towards the lightsaber just for the experience. Idk I think if I do anything it will be the lightsaber and if we don't do that I'll just wait until another time to do something else!

dolewhipdreams

Counting days until my next Dole Whip
I almost may have just had a bad experience waiting in a 45 minute line and not being able to ride Jingle Cruise lol
Oh yikes yeah that'll do it hahaha

Idk I think if I do anything it will be the lightsaber and if we don't do that I'll just wait until another time to do something else!
That's the nice part about SWGE- it's not a limited time thing. So if you miss it the first time and realize you absolutely need one, you can always get it on the next trip.

• Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    That's the nice part about SWGE- it's not a limited time thing. So if you miss it the first time and realize you absolutely need one, you can always get it on the next trip.
    I think I'll have a better idea of whether or not I really want one after this weekend! At least thats what I'm hoping lol

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Small LA/Disneyland update

Yesterday after getting my time off approved I started looking into what I had booked, etc. Wouldn't you know that our flight times had changed so much getting there that our layover in Detroit was down to 32 minutes. (Really Jetblue you just HAD to not offer a straight through flight that day??) Which was no bueno. Even Delta was saying to call because we would more than likely miss our layover. (They are still selling the flight - why they sell flights with layovers that don't work is beyond me!)

Thankfully, I was able to call and get the flight changed. Unfortunately though, our flight now leaves Buffalo at 6 in the morning but our layover is an hour and 20 minutes instead of 32 minutes which I am praying that is enough!! (Although ATL seems to be a major hub for Delta and there are a lot of flights leaving after ours that we could hopefully get on!)

The only other viable option (aka the only one with a layover longer than 45 minutes!) was a much later flight that wouldn't get us into LA until 5PM which would be a tight turnaround for any dinner that night or anything. So now, we'll actually get to LA around 11:30AM and should have plenty of time to sight see and have dinner! We'll be tired but we managed well enough in Disney in June and for our Aruba trip so it shouldn't be too bad! I'll just have to give DH enough notice so he can mentally prepare lol

I also booked our Disneyland airport transfer for the way back to the airport! The plan for us transportation-wise will be to have our own car in LA and drive ourselves to Disneyland, drop the car off at the Paradise Pier Alamo location and then just take the Disneyland Express back to the airport. I figure the car will give us the freedom to see the things we really want to in LA and then in Disneyland we shouldn't need a car at all. Should work out perfectly!

emilyhuff

DIS Veteran
    Your LA plans are coming together so nicely!!! Where are you guys staying? I hope you do a TR for that, I am antsy to get back there!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Your LA plans are coming together so nicely!!! Where are you guys staying? I hope you do a TR for that, I am antsy to get back there!
    I definitely will be! We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel which I am SUPER excited for! I would have loved to have stayed at the Grand Californian but honestly, I'm excited for the light up headboards at the Disneyland hotel! haha

• Woth2982

DIS Veteran
    Id rather be tired and get there at 11:30 am than awake and get there at 5 PM. That layover would make me super anxious! Have you been to DL before? If not I would recommend making an ADR that includes priority seating for Fantasmic. It is VERY different there. My sister and I found that out the hard way several years ago. It will be fun to see it at Christmas time. I keep saying I need to get out there in November/December and then never do. I have a free place to stay (multiple if I asked around probably lol), I just never go!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Id rather be tired and get there at 11:30 am than awake and get there at 5 PM. That layover would make me super anxious! Have you been to DL before? If not I would recommend making an ADR that includes priority seating for Fantasmic. It is VERY different there. My sister and I found that out the hard way several years ago. It will be fun to see it at Christmas time. I keep saying I need to get out there in November/December and then never do. I have a free place to stay (multiple if I asked around probably lol), I just never go!
    Exactly!! I really would like to get some of our sightseeing done that first day (like going to the observatory to see the Hollywood sign) so getting there earlier will definitely allow that to happen! And gives us more leeway for things to go wrong! lol

And yeah, once I noticed how short the layover had gotten I knew I had to at least try to get it changed! Thankfully, it was no problem to change it, it was just hard to find an option that wasn't such a short layover!!

And this will be our first time to DL! I'm not 100% sure we'll be watching Fantasmic (its probably my least favorite nighttime show) but I definitely plan on booking a dessert party to see World of Color! If we do decide to do Fantasmic though I will probably book the Blue Bayou dining package! It mostly depends on whether or not we'd have to pick Fantasmic over fireworks because fireworks are definitely my priority!

I'm really excited for the Christmas overlays! They should all be up by the time we get there so I'm super excited!

CaseFace5

DIS Veteran
    Girl, I don't know how you keep all these trips straight! LOL. You're my hero! I can't believe you will be previewing SWGE this weekend! That's crazy!

All your plans for DL seems to be coming together nicely too!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Girl, I don't know how you keep all these trips straight! LOL. You're my hero! I can't believe you will be previewing SWGE this weekend! That's crazy!

All your plans for DL seems to be coming together nicely too!
    Many, many trip itineraries in excel!! It would be impossible without them! I have ones for each trip and then an overall spreadsheet with everything I need to book for each trip! Its worked out pretty well!

I'm seriously so excited for SWGE! I'm hoping that the previews will have the same capacity as they had to CM previews!

I feel like DL has been on such a back burner with all of the other trips but thankfully, it doesn't seem to be like a planning intensive park which is good!

• sahu

Earning My Ears
    We had to make the fireworks or Fantasmic choice too (we're going in September and they're only shown on weekends), and we ended up choosing Fantasmic. I've read that they show the projections and pipe in the music on the Rivers of America so hopefully we'll get to experience the fireworks a little at least! I'm kind of nervous to go to DLR because it's so unfamiliar compared to WDW and planning is so different!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    We had to make the fireworks or Fantasmic choice too (we're going in September and they're only shown on weekends), and we ended up choosing Fantasmic. I've read that they show the projections and pipe in the music on the Rivers of America so hopefully we'll get to experience the fireworks a little at least! I'm kind of nervous to go to DLR because it's so unfamiliar compared to WDW and planning is so different!
    Yeah I think it will be a matter of choosing one over the other for us too! We have the nights to do both but I really wanted to do Steakhouse 55 and I don't think I want to be rushing back into the park for a show!

It is so different planning for DL! I'm trying to follow my advise I give to my clients when I tell them to not stress about doing it all because you'll hopefully get back someday but that is proving hard to follow! haha I am interested to try out maxpass though. I'm going to be paying very close attention to FP times closer to our trip!

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
    Your trip is so close! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Glad you got your DL flights sorted out. I refuse to fly with a layover because I'm so afraid of missing the connecting flight!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    We leave for Disney tonight!! We are all packed and ready to go. The plan is to leave right from work which has actually been kind of fun because the moment I leave we are heading right to the airport! I actually should take a look and see if we could make a Friday night flight in December doing the same method... lol I guess I'll wait to see what time we actually make it to the airport today!

Speaking of December, we almost had a major issue! lol So when I booked the trip many moons ago I never told my Mom because I knew she'd think I was crazy for booking it so soon after Disneyland. Especially when we booked everything else and now have/had trips in June, July, August, September, November and December! lol But my brother just got word on his Officer school dates for the Air Force and wouldn't you know that he is set to graduate 12/20, just two days after we get home! When my Mom told me about it I figured I should probably tell her that I had a trip planned for earlier that week so A. I wouldn't be able to go and B. would she even be able to watch Joy still?

Thankfully, they aren't flying out to Alabama until the morning of 12/18 and Dan and I will be coming home 12/18 around 3:30 so it should all work out well enough! So once we get home I'll just take over watching my parents dogs until they come home on the 21st!

Currently, I'm waiting on SW to release the next round of flights, they keep changing the date so we'll see if they actually get released. I guess the rumor is they should beup today by noon and are getting released in increments bit I would actually prefer they did get delayed again because between our flights for this trip and the SW cc points I have coming I might be close to having enough points for both ways! But, depending on what they do go up as will totally determine if we make our quick February trip or not. I really hope it does work out though because it would set us up for Valentines Day in Disney! (I don't love Valentines day but I can make an exception for Disney!)

I'll try to update back on what the flight situation ends up as if I do get them today.

If not, and you want to follow along on our trip this weekend feel free to follow us here! - @cloeanddanvlogs & @cloe_girl1

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Your trip is so close! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Glad you got your DL flights sorted out. I refuse to fly with a layover because I'm so afraid of missing the connecting flight!
    I'm so excited!!

And I know! I was really hoping we could have taken the straight thru Jetblue flight out of Buffalo both ways for this trip but of course they decided to not offer it the day we needed it lol and if we took the one the next day we would have had to cut out all LA time. So hopefully this works out!

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
    BUMMER - the flights for pretty much all of February are astronomical so that pretty much puts a kabosh to that trip. Probably the universe telling me to cool it anyway! hahaha
    Totally astronomical! We have a trip planned and I don’t know how I am going to explain these flights to DH. Going is fine but coming home whoa, maybe we will just stay

Also have a fabulous trip!!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Totally astronomical! We have a trip planned and I don’t know how I am going to explain these flights to DH. Going is fine but coming home whoa, maybe we will just stay

Also have a fabulous trip!!
    Oh thats right!! Its bananas!!! Hopefully they'll come down in price or something. Even the point values are sky high, like usually one way for us at most hits 8k and the cheapest flight I found was 10.5k!!

And thank you!

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
    Have an amazing trip!!

I'm glad everything will still work out for December!

Ah I'm sorry about the flights for February- I guess it is a sign!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News