2019 - A year of a little less Disney...who I am kidding no it isn't! Updated 8/22

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
Thanks for sharing about your Aruba trip! The pictures are gorgeous. It looks like a lot of fun and very relaxing.

Happy belated birthday!

Wow - how awesome that your trip turned into a family trip AND that your DH is good to go along with the changes! I can kinda see how it would be amazing for you and just so-so for him lol but I'm sure it'll be a great time!

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
Your Aruba trip looked great! I love looking at pictures of the ocean, so clear and beautiful!

I swear I feel like my head has been on a spindle all day! My back is killing me from all the stress I'm holding between my shoulders!
I have been sleeping with all this stress in my back, so I know exactly what you mean!

The good news is that I was able to add my Mom and Calista to almost all of our fastpasses for Friday and Saturday
YEAH on girls trip! And adding them on.

• disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
    Wow! Aruba looks like an amazing trip, great photos!

Love all your Disney plans, let’s try to say hi in Epcot!!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for sharing about your Aruba trip! The pictures are gorgeous. It looks like a lot of fun and very relaxing.
    Aruba was truly amazing!!

Happy belated birthday!

Wow - how awesome that your trip turned into a family trip AND that your DH is good to go along with the changes! I can kinda see how it would be amazing for you and just so-so for him lol but I'm sure it'll be a great time!
    Thank you!

I know, DH is awesome :love: we have plenty of trips coming up where it will just be the two of us so I think hes okay with this. Plus, they will only be with us for a couple of days and I'm sure at that point in our trip it might be fun to have some other people to talk to!

Your Aruba trip looked great! I love looking at pictures of the ocean, so clear and beautiful!
    There's nothing better is there??? I couldn't believe how beautiful the water was in Aruba!

I have been sleeping with all this stress in my back, so I know exactly what you mean!
    It's awful! lol I can usually handle most planning things but this was a lot at once! And I didn't want to miss something!

YEAH on girls trip! And adding them on.
    Super exciting!!!

Wow! Aruba looks like an amazing trip, great photos!
    It was amazing!

Love all your Disney plans, let’s try to say hi in Epcot!!
    Yes, lets!!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    August 2019!

You guys, DH and I will be in Disney in less than a week! I seriously can't believe its almost here! Especially since the actual trip was so up in the air for so long its crazy that its only 6 days away!

I really enjoy writing down all of the new things we are doing/things we want to buy/new things we want to try before each trip. A. Its proof that Disney always has something new to do and B. its just fun!

New things to us this trip!

- Staying at Coronado Springs for the first time! And getting to stay in Gran Destino Tower! I am so excited for this! Definitely glad we switched here of Caribbean Beach.
    - Toledo - we will be eating here late Saturday night and again this restaurant looks awesome. I'm so excited to try out the Tapas and everything here, DH is really excited for this dinner too!
    - 3 Bridges Bar & Grill - I am really hoping we make it here for a late dinner arrival night. I'm thinking we should be able to hang out for a little bit at least since its open until midnight!
    - Cruella's Halloween Hide-a-Way Party - SO excited for this! Definitely glad I booked it!
    - For Dan, it will be his first ever Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! Very exciting!
    - This was on my list for June but we ended up canceling (and no guarantees we will make it this time lol) but Wine Bar George Brunch! I want to get here eventually but I'll see how we're feeling the morning of and if we really want to be running around before our flight. We'll see!
    - And the most important of all - STAR WARS GALAXY'S EDGE! DH and I are both super pumped for this and I'm so happy that the reviews have been all glowing by the CMs who are doing previews now, I can't wait!

Souvenirs we want to get!

- SWGE Pin (if they have one, especially if there's a special preview pin or an AP pin)
    - Dan wants to get a SWGE shirt (something gray I'm sure lol)
    - Dan also wants to get the flight from the cantina (if we can? not sure how that works with the two drink max?) if they have the board it comes on. But he said that the ones in DL have been sold out forever so they probably won't be in Disney. Also, I had zero clue about this and can I say how proud I was of DH for knowing about this!
    - Coronado/Gran Destino pin
    - MNSSHP pin
    - MNSSHP shirt (but only a t shirt if they have it, I've learned that I never wear the 3/4 length shirts )
    - Cruella De Ville Pin - just any pin with her on it. I don't think her party will have anything for it but either one with her or the dalmatians on it!
    - Disney's newly released Perfection game! Okay so the old Perfection was the ONLY game my Grandpa had at his house. And it basically sums up any holiday I spent there with my cousins. Ironically, Disney released their version ON MY BIRTHDAY which I'm taking as a sign from my Grandpa as a happy birthday (I know its stretching the whole sign thing but I'm going with it lol) and I need to get this game!
    - Haunted Mansion wishables! I am hoping the Haunted Mansion wishable will still be available by the time we go!

Lastly, things we want to try!

- Dan has NEVER had a Dole Whip so he really wants to get one. Or to try the Redds Revenge float. I'm not sure we'll get to that this trip but we will surely try!
    - For me, in Oga's Cantina I want to try the Fuzzy Tantan and the Hyper Drive drinks! I also want to get a Blue Milk with rum!

Here's our plans for August!

Fly in Southwest, land around 9PM. We decided we are just going to grab our own luggage and bring it on the Magical Express. Even though we should land before the 10PM cutoff I just don't really want to deal with the added stress of worrying that our flight might be delayed (we know our luck) or even just waiting around until midnight or later for our luggage to be delivered to our room. Terminal A's luggage carousel isn't THAT far out of the way so it shouldn't be too much of an issue!

Hopefully we'll make it to Coronado by 10:30ish and can head down to Three Bridges Bar & Grill for some drinks and maybe some light apps.

Friday I don't have anything planned for the morning. I'm hoping that we might be able to head to the pool for a couple of hours and just get some relaxation in before we head out for our busy night! If it's raining though I'm not sure what the plan will be! Around 3ish we'll head to the Magic Kingdom for a couple of fastpasses, grab a light dinner at Columbia Harbor House and then start our night for Mickeys Not so Scary! I think our plan will be to hit all of the rides with layovers first and then see where that leaves us. We will be doing Cruella's party so we won't have to watch the first parade since we will have a guaranteed viewing of the second. Definitely a see-where-the-night-takes-us kind of night! We'll also be meeting up with my cousin for a bit this night which should be fun!

Saturday we will be heading to Batuu! Our reservation period is for 11-3 but I'm not sure if we will need to be there beforehand? (I'm assuming yes) So we'll probably aim for heading there around 9AM to give us time and grab some Starbucks or something! Our goals for SWGE are the ride, walking around, trying fun foods and drinks and visiting the Cantina!

After SWGE the plan is to grab some drinks and snacks from Baseline Taphouse. Hopefully, I'll be able to do some refreshing and get us a fastpass for any of the tier one rides but we'll see. Probably around 5 we're going to head over to EPCOT to enjoy the rest of our night there! Not sure what we'll do but it should be fun! Hopefully we will get to say hi to Caroline and Su-Lynn!

Sunday we have an OpenTable reservation for 11:00AM at Wine Bar George for brunch. Like I said, we'll go if we feel like it but who knows! We might choose to just hang out at the resort instead!

Our flight leaves at 4:10PM which means ME will be picking us up around 1:10 (BOOO) but at least we aren't still on the 8AM flight! lol

A quick trip but I feel like there's a lot packed in there!

September 2019

So I currently have a reservation for Savis for 9/10 but Dan thinks building a droid might be more fun. Which would you choose? I'm also not sure if we really need to do either lol its such a tough decision!

Also, I just have to note how much my Mom and sister are looking forward to September! Which I find hilarious since they both adamantly said after March that they needed a Disney break lol It must have been meant to be though with the Ogas Cantina reservations releasing the next day and the flight they booked home for $91 is up to $257 now! Talk about good timing! I'm also kind of glad I never got a Cali Grill brunch reservation now! lol would have killed me to cancel it!

queenofthehill

Mouseketeer
    Happy Belated Birth to my fellow Aug baby :) Your Aruba pics were everything. I especially loved your rose gold sequin bikini. Deets? And if you can share your work out plan too b/c girl you are smokin!

• buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
    Your trip to Aruba looks amazing! Those Flamingos :love:

Well big things happened yesterday! First of all, it was my birthday!
    Happy Birthday, again!

The good news is that I was able to add my Mom and Calista to almost all of our fastpasses for Friday and Saturday. T
    That's awesome! Such a relief to have that taken care of!

You guys, DH and I will be in Disney in less than a week!
    Woot! Have fun! I will be watching all of you girls on FB!

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
    Such a good list!

August trip is going to be a blast, quick but fun!! Sept looks like it’s shaping up are you trying to find garden grill brunch for 4?

I love it, I need a Disney break to, omg yeah we are going to Disney! I feel like this is most people who like Disney but aren’t 100% in disboard territory.

Oh I vote Droid! I am hoping I can get this booked for feb, I am not sure if you need to reserve a spot in advance or if you just show up or what.... who knows if it will even be the same hen but I should probably look into that!

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
    Dan also wants to get the flight from the cantina (if we can? not sure how that works with the two drink max?) if they have the board it comes on. But he said that the ones in DL have been sold out forever so they probably won't be in Disney. Also, I had zero clue about this and can I say how proud I was of DH for knowing about this!
    So, right now, they say they don't have the drink cups. So, they aren't doing the flight until they ahve the cups. Rumor is that they will have them by opening. So, not sure if they will have them for AP previews. I hope so, I know Gwen wants the Porge one!

Our reservation period is for 11-3 but I'm not sure if we will need to be there beforehand? (I'm assuming yes)
    I have seen some photos of LONG security check in lines. So, I would def plan to get there early. I know I am going to have to push us to get out early for our 9 AM slot!

So, reading your adjenda. I am thinking Saturday night might be the best time to run into each other. (hopefully)

• Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Happy Belated Birth to my fellow Aug baby :) Your Aruba pics were everything. I especially loved your rose gold sequin bikini. Deets? And if you can share your work out plan too b/c girl you are smokin!
    Thank you!! The rose gold swimsuit was from Pretty Little Things, the orange, pink and purple were from White Fox Boutique and the cheetah one was actually from Walmart! haha

And thank you! I actually don't do too much but I do try to walk a couple of miles with my Mom a couple nights a week and I walk Joy! Oh and in the summer I tread water at my parents haha thats my favorite thing to do because it burns a lot for very little effort!

Your trip to Aruba looks amazing! Those Flamingos :love:
    It truly was! The flamingos were so fun!!

Happy Birthday, again!
    Thank you!

That's awesome! Such a relief to have that taken care of!
    Yes definitey! Especially because DH was mainly concerned about fastpasses so I was relieved how easy it was to add them to most of them!

Woot! Have fun! I will be watching all of you girls on FB!
    :goodvibes

This trip is SO close now!! I'm so excited for you two, you're going to have a jam-packed trip!
    I know!! So fun though!

I would definitely go with the droid!!! They're so much fun!!!
    That's probably the smarter move! lol

Such a good list!
    I love writing these lists out! Always so much to look forward to!

August trip is going to be a blast, quick but fun!! Sept looks like it’s shaping up are you trying to find garden grill brunch for 4?
    I have an alert still set for Cali Grill brunch, I just upped it to 4 people so if one shows up we definitely will!

I love it, I need a Disney break to, omg yeah we are going to Disney! I feel like this is most people who like Disney but aren’t 100% in disboard territory.
    Haha yeah, my Mom claims that my Dad said no more Disney this year but thats definitely not what prompted them to be like that. Unless he said it to them before the trip and they were trying to convince themselves otherwise! But I'm happy they are excited!

Oh I vote Droid! I am hoping I can get this booked for feb, I am not sure if you need to reserve a spot in advance or if you just show up or what.... who knows if it will even be the same hen but I should probably look into that!
    Hmm thats two votes droid, I think I need to change my reservation! lol

So, right now, they say they don't have the drink cups. So, they aren't doing the flight until they ahve the cups. Rumor is that they will have them by opening. So, not sure if they will have them for AP previews. I hope so, I know Gwen wants the Porge one!
    Darn! Well, hopefully they'll have some by the time we get back in September! But I won't hold my breath lol

I have seen some photos of LONG security check in lines. So, I would def plan to get there early. I know I am going to have to push us to get out early for our 9 AM slot!
    Yeah I saw some of those too! Like what the heck is going on! lol I think we'll try to plan to be there at 9 for our 11AM slot!

So, reading your adjenda. I am thinking Saturday night might be the best time to run into each other. (hopefully)
    [/QUOTE]

That would be great! I'll let you know when we're back to Coronado from EPCOT. I don't think we'll stay for Illuminations since I want to get out before the crowds so it shouldn't be too late!

queenofthehill

Mouseketeer
    Thank you!! The rose gold swimsuit was from Pretty Little Things, the orange, pink and purple were from White Fox Boutique and the cheetah one was actually from Walmart! haha

And thank you! I actually don't do too much but I do try to walk a couple of miles with my Mom a couple nights a week and I walk Joy! Oh and in the summer I tread water at my parents haha thats my favorite thing to do because it burns a lot for very little effort!
    Thanks. I was at Walmart over the weekend for cleaning stuff and passed by their swim stuff and definitely saw a few things that caught my eye. Maybe I'll actually check it out next time.

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
    Your time in Aruba looked amazing!! The excursions all looked great but especially Flamingo Island- how cool! And I just love all your outfits and bathing suits- you are so adorable!

Happy belated birthday! That's so great that your mom & Calista will be joining your trip!

Your plans for next week sound great!!

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
    That would be great! I'll let you know when we're back to Coronado from EPCOT. I don't think we'll stay for Illuminations since I want to get out before the crowds so it shouldn't be too late!
    That sounds good. I am thinking that we will grab dinner and bring it back to the resort or try the food at 3 Rivers and let the girls swim that night. So, hopefully that will work.

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Small update for Disneyland November 2019!

I have officially requested, submitted and received approval for my LA/Disneyland time off! Idk why but I feel like I've been holding my breath surrounding that trip feeling like it wouldn't happen for some reason! But thankfully, this was the last hurdle and I am SO EXCITED! So is DH, we're both really pumped to see something new. He's especially excited for Lamplight lounge, that's like number one on his list! lol

I am sort of worried about our flight to LA on Delta that day. We only have a 38 minute layover which I feel like could lead to a missed flight. They did send me an alert that I could potentially change the flight at no cost to me but there aren't a whole lot of great options. I may call just to see what they say.

I do have to admit that I am super bummed that Rise of the Resistance won't be opening before we go on our trip. I was really hoping we would be able to ride it there before WDW but I guess that won't be happening!

I was also able to score a cheaper rate for our one night stay in LA at the W Hollywood. My Dad does security for a local Sheraton every once and a while and it falls under the Marriott Bonvoy umbrella which means we can use the friends discount for our stay! It's not a huge savings but it is nearly $100 which is better than anything so I'm very happy about that!

It feels so strange to not have our dining booked yet for Disneyland but I think I'll actually be making them while we are at Disney in September! haha

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Your time in Aruba looked amazing!! The excursions all looked great but especially Flamingo Island- how cool! And I just love all your outfits and bathing suits- you are so adorable!

Happy belated birthday! That's so great that your mom & Calista will be joining your trip!

Your plans for next week sound great!!
    Aruba was amazing!! And thank you! Lots of planning went into those outfits! haha

And thank you! I'm pretty excited that they'll get to come for part of it! Should be fun!

I can't wait!! Also, how exciting that you got to go to SWGE!! I was so surprised to see that!!

That sounds good. I am thinking that we will grab dinner and bring it back to the resort or try the food at 3 Rivers and let the girls swim that night. So, hopefully that will work.
    Hopefully!!

dolewhipdreams

Counting days until my next Dole Whip
    Dan has NEVER had a Dole Whip so he really wants to get one
    Timon's_jaw_drop.gif
    What. How.

I want to try the Fuzzy Tantan
    So good!

but at least we aren't still on the 8AM flight!
    Amen sister that would be rough!

A quick trip but I feel like there's a lot packed in there!
    For real! It will be such a fun whirlwind trip!

Which would you choose? I'm also not sure if we really need to do either lol its such a tough decision!
    I went back and forth on that too. Now take this with a grain of salt because I didn't do either, but I told Jon over and over that I wanted to build a droid. Then we got there and I realized that as fun as the experience might be, it's $100 for a toy that is going to sit on a shelf and never get used. So unless you're super into droids or you know you'll have it out all the time, it might not be worth it.

Savi's I think is a much cooler experience. The magic of being to build the lightsaber then see it power up for the first time is almost existential (I've been told). So even though it's twice the cost of the droid, I think it's a lot more special. I'm working on getting Jon around to the idea that I might build one in May. At the very least it's an awesome decoration with a special memory attached to it.

But you (and DH) do you! Do neither! Do both! Do whatever feels special to you!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News