2019 - A year of a little less Disney...who I am kidding no it isn't! Updated 8/22

CourtneyM86

Earning My Ears
Oh my gosh, your Aruba trip looked amazing! I've been there once but it was a few years ago - that island is SO beautiful! Friendly people, great beaches, awesome restaurants and I did feel so much 'safer' than some other islands I've been to where we don't even leave the resort.

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
And back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Well big things happened yesterday! First of all, it was my birthday!

I did have to work since my birthday unfortunately fell on the day that is like the biggest no-no to take off but it actually ended up not being too bad. Dan met up with me and took me to one of our favorite sushi places for lunch and then my parents threw me a small get together/birthday party that my family and aunts came to. Dan spoiled me and bought me this amazing digital photo frame (Aura) for my birthday which has unlimited cloud storage and means we will finally be able to see our favorite trip photos all the time! Its really an awesome frame and I can't wait to start uploading our pictures, Dan actually added some last night and it was so cool to sit in our living room and see our pictures :love:

But the gifts and family time weren't even the best part of my birthday! So like I mentioned, I had invited my Aunt Mary Lynn to meet up with Dan and I for Hoop De Doo for a small birthday celebration for her. Well, then my other Aunt Sally (both my Moms sisters) came into some money (they all received the money from my Grandpa passing away) and she decided to fly down for the weekend to spend some time with my her sister so of course she needed to come to Hoop De Doo too. Well, as soon as I told Dan the update he said how jealous my Mom was going to be. I knew she would be but I didn't think there was much that could be done.

Well, apparently there was! Originally, my Mom was going to fly down with my Aunt Sally Thursday 9/12 on Allegiant out of Niagara Falls (we have a very small airport) and then she would drive up with my Aunts and go to Hoop De Doo with us and then they would all head back to Tampa and stay at my cousins house. My Dad was surprised that my Mom would only get such a small taste of Disney. So then I quickly looked up what flights SW might have into Orlando. I figured she should be able to get to Orlando and get on the Magical Express easily enough by herself and she could at least spend the night at the Beach Club with me and Dan and then go back to Tampa with my Aunts after Hoop De Doo.

Well then Calista was starting to feel like she wanted to go (of course lol). The good part about Calista going is that I know Calista can handle getting the two of them through the airport and to the Magical Express since she has flown to Europe multiple times and managed on her own. The bad part about Calista going was that she was really going to be pushing the sleeping capacity at my cousins house. And probably wouldn't really be the trip to Florida she would be looking for.

So Calista and my Mom are going to Orlando Thursday on a Southwest flight and they'll take the Magical Express to the Beach Club. Dan and I will be doing the Highway in the Sky dine around this night so we all should be back to the Beach Club around the same time I would imagine!

I've already added them to the Beach Club reservation so that should be no problem!

But then there was still the pesky problem of them not really having anywhere to sleep at my cousins. At first, Dan was hesitant to have them stay with us during their whole time in Florida and said if they booked their own room somewhere he didn't care if they were with us in the parks and such. So we booked my Mom and Calista in a room at Pop Century for two nights (they will be leaving on a 4PM flight out of Orlando on Sunday). I didn't want to force Dan to have them stay with us because that's not fair to him, while I would love it I just don't think it would be good if it wasn't his choice. Well as soon as we got home he changed his mind and said they could stay with us when we switch to the Polynesian (he originally thought they also had annual passes and didn't realize they needed park tickets + room + airfare) so thats the plan! I've already added my Mom and Calista to our Narcooses and Ohana meals while they are with us. And they will get to see both Hollywood Studios (hopefully Star Wars land!) and Animal Kingdom which is Calista favorite. It really couldn't have worked out any better!

The only things I need to do is get them added to the Polynesian stay and somehow work some magic with fastpasses!! The only problem with the Polynesian is that I added the meal plan for DH and I so I'm hoping it wont be an issue adding them. I figure I can always try to add them once we are there but hopefully it wont come to that!!

Exciting stuff! I guess we'll get somewhat of a "girls trip" after all! lol just plus DH!

• Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Oh my gosh, your Aruba trip looked amazing! I've been there once but it was a few years ago - that island is SO beautiful! Friendly people, great beaches, awesome restaurants and I did feel so much 'safer' than some other islands I've been to where we don't even leave the resort.
    Yeah its just all around an amazing island!! I definitely felt a lot safer in Aruba compared to the Dominican where we didn't leave that resort at all except to and from the airport lol the Bahamas didn't feel super unsafe but definitely not as safe as Aruba!

sahu

Earning My Ears
    Aruba looked beautiful! And how exciting that your September trip is becoming a little family trip too!

emilyhuff

DIS Veteran
    Also, was your birthday yesterday? I feel like I read that somewhere? Maybe not! If so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

• Woth2982

DIS Veteran
    Love all your Aruba photos! I know I saw quite a few on insta, but def not as many! It sounds like a great trip! I am sorry you had that annoying flight delay, but at least it didnt get cancelled (that happened to my friends trying to get to FL last month)!

Woth2982

DIS Veteran
    Happy birthday! So crazy how your weekend plans have changed in like a day! It will be fun for you all to have a big hoop de doo party for your mom. I took DH there on our "Minnie-Moon" and he STILL talks about it. So nice to have a DH who lets me plan everything ha! I think it sounds like it will be a fun trip with all of you there, and so nice of Dan to let them stay with you!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Love all your Aruba photos! I know I saw quite a few on insta, but def not as many! It sounds like a great trip! I am sorry you had that annoying flight delay, but at least it didnt get cancelled (that happened to my friends trying to get to FL last month)!
    I was definitely worried that they would cancel the flight! Honestly the anxiety of not really knowing what was going on or what would happen was the worst part!

Happy birthday! So crazy how your weekend plans have changed in like a day! It will be fun for you all to have a big hoop de doo party for your mom. I took DH there on our "Minnie-Moon" and he STILL talks about it. So nice to have a DH who lets me plan everything ha! I think it sounds like it will be a fun trip with all of you there, and so nice of Dan to let them stay with you!
    Thank you! I know haha I think it will be fun to have all of us there though!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    September Trip

Welp I made a huge boo boo. I could have SWORN that I booked the Frozen dessert party the minute they were available but apparently I did not. I don't have a clue what happened!! All I know is now they are completely booked up and we more than likely won't be doing it. I know its not a huge deal but I am pretty bummed about it because I just could have sworn I booked it! Although, it was the days before Aruba and theres a good chance I thought I did and then I just never double checked it. What. a. bummer.

Anyone ever find one last minute? I'm going to add it to my things I check daily! lol

• emilyhuff

DIS Veteran
    We have definitely added the dessert party (the MK one at least) within a month of our trip so definitely keep checking!!! If you are able to upgrade to club level at CSR maybe have signature services check for you? - I know its not the same trip but you never know!!!

Did you make a ressie for Oga's cantina today?

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    We have definitely added the dessert party (the MK one at least) within a month of our trip so definitely keep checking!!! If you are able to upgrade to club level at CSR maybe have signature services check for you? - I know its not the same trip but you never know!!!

Did you make a ressie for Oga's cantina today?
    I definitely plan on checking daily!!!

And yes I did! Good thing my Mom and sister decided last night to come! lol We currently have two reservations because I wasnt sure that the first went through, one for 10:45 and one for 3:30! I also made a Savi reservation to build a lightsaber for another day! Woooo!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    I swear I feel like my head has been on a spindle all day! My back is killing me from all the stress I'm holding between my shoulders!

The good news is that I was able to add my Mom and Calista to almost all of our fastpasses for Friday and Saturday. Thankfully, Friday our fastpasses were kind of meh (Hollywood Studios new tiers can seriously go somewhere with themselves!) so I actually cancelled SDD and picked up a TOT for the four of us. As much as I love SDD, it wasn't until 5:30 anyway and I was hoping to refresh it to begin with so at least this way I don't have to worry about us not having a good tier one FP for DHS. Plus, TOT is my Mom's favorite anyway so it works out! The only fastpass I wasn't able to add them to was Flight of Passage. I am hoping I'll be able to find something between now and then or refresh day of. Fingers crossed!

The best news is that since the Oga's Cantina reservations released today I was able to get one for the four of us! In fact, I have two booked lol the first one I got was for 10:45AM. It took a couple tries but it eventually went through but I never received an email, it wasn't showing in my plans and all I had was a confirmation number. I wasn't feeling super great about that so I kept trying for another and was able to book one for 3:30PM. Of course as I finally booked the second one the email for the first came through lol I'm thinking that the later one will probably be more feasible for us to get to (and more likely a time we will want to have dranks) but I'm keeping both for now since I'm not really sure how the whole thing is going to work!

dolewhipdreams

Counting days until my next Dole Whip
    Wow what a whirlwind of a birthday! How fun that your mom and sister can come join you for a couple of days!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Wow what a whirlwind of a birthday! How fun that your mom and sister can come join you for a couple of days!
    It really was! And it escalated quickly!! But I'm excited. I honestly was feeling a little guilty to be staying in a lake view room at the Poly without my Mom and now she'll get to enjoy it too!

amazingact21

Upendi
    Happy belated birthday! I saw the picture you shared of you and Joy with your matching spirit jerseys and oh my goodness! How adorable!!!

Wow, you've made some big additions to your trip! I think it's so sweet of you to include Calista and your mom to your plans and let them stay at the Poly with you and Dan. And your HDD meal is going to be so special and sweet now. My mom has two sisters so I have two aunts, and there's something really nice about spending time with a lot of the women in your family. :goodvibes

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
    What an amazing addition to your September trip!

Going to be so fun!

I love Aruba and can’t wait to go back, so happy you had such an amazing time!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Happy belated birthday! I saw the picture you shared of you and Joy with your matching spirit jerseys and oh my goodness! How adorable!!!

Wow, you've made some big additions to your trip! I think it's so sweet of you to include Calista and your mom to your plans and let them stay at the Poly with you and Dan. And your HDD meal is going to be so special and sweet now. My mom has two sisters so I have two aunts, and there's something really nice about spending time with a lot of the women in your family. :goodvibes
    Thank you!!

Yeah I think it will be fun to be all together! My Mom and sister are both out of their skins excited too which is fun!

What an amazing addition to your September trip!

Going to be so fun!

I love Aruba and can’t wait to go back, so happy you had such an amazing time!
    It should be fun!

Aruba was amazing!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News