2019 - A year of a little less Disney...who I am kidding no it isn't! Updated 8/22

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
So while I finish out 2018 on my other PTR here I decided to start a new trip report for everything we have planned so far in 2019! Which feels so far away still and its just a little over a month away! Maybe it's because everything we have planned that is Disney related isn't until the second half of 2019! haha

So lets back things up before we hop into this pre-trip report!

Who am I?

My name is Cloe :butterfly

I am a life-long Disney fan. My family went to Disney basically every other year growing up and over the last ten years pretty much every year. And now that I make my own money I go usually two-three times a year (or 4 if you count 2018!:rotfl:) My Mom doesn't really understand why I love Disney so much and usually spends every trip trying to figure it out. I don't know the specific reason and I'm sure the loads of family memories I have there are a part of it but I can't really qualify it and I know all of you DISers out there totally get that! :thumbsup2

I am thoroughly obsessed with all things Disney (see above haha) and my family tells me so often! By day I am a boring ole financial analyst which helps keep me super organized and my type-A personality makes my itineraries super intense! By night, I am a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations and also make Disney ears! Obviously, my love of Disney has flowed over into my personal life and I wouldn't have it any other way! Basically, I spend so much time reading TRs and planning my own trips and enjoy helping others with their trips that I pretty much said why not put all of this knowledge to good use!

My normal partners in crime to Disney World are my DH Dan

We are high school sweethearts who got married in July 2017 and have been together for 10 years now! Dan never went to Disney growing up so his first time was with my family and a lot of times with me since! I don't know that he will ever be Disney obsessed like I am but he seems to have come to terms with the fact that we will be going there yearly for the rest of our lives :rotfl2: I honestly don't know that I could marry someone as obsessed with Disney as me because I ENJOY planning our trips and it is half the fun to me trying to piece together the perfect puzzle of a trip. So to have to share that with someone? Yeah, I'll stick to my non-obsessed DH! haha Thankfully he still enjoys watching Disney youtube vloggers with me and will listen to my Disney thoughts, so he's a good mix!

If I'm not in Disney with DH then I am with my Mom and my sister, Calista!

They definitely aren't as obsessed with Disney as me but do enjoy going for the most part. My Mom just enjoys the alone time with her girls and Calista doesn't say no to any trip! Although usually by the end of a Disney trip Calista is over the Disney of it all but then loves it again when she gets home. I never understand her! :confused3

And those are the introductions!

So what are the trips that we have planned for 2019?

1. Tentative (as in I have a hotel and dining reservations booked but haven't actually run it by my Mom, sister or Dad [usually helps pay for our girls trips!]) - March 14th-18th - this would obviously be a pretty short trip. We would fly into Disney the night of 3/14 and then fly home the night of 3/18. My only reason for potentially booking this trip is -
A. My Mom has 3/15 off from work (she works in an elementary school) and would only need to take one day off from work.
B. This isn't Spring Break prime time so it shouldn't be THAT busy. We did the week before Easter in 2018 and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Columbus day in 2018 so I think even if its busy we'll be okay
C. My Annual Pass (oh yeah I didn't mention that - I got an AP in March 2018 which is mainly the reason I went so often this year!) expires 3/23/2019. To me, that seems like a good enough reason to squeeze just ONE more trip in.
D. Lastly, we live in Buffalo, NY and if you know ANYTHING about this area and our winters then you know we will more than likely be VERY deserving of a trip somewhere warm where we aren't buried under tons of snow!

So we shall see if this trip happens - if it does you will be the first to know!

2. Anniversary trip to Aruba - promised DH a non-Disney anniversary trip this year!

3. September 10th - 16th - Trip with DH to Walt Disney World. Reasons for this trip
A. Dan has never been to Disney during the Fall and expressed to me when I went on my trip with my Mom and sister this October how he would want to go during this time of year sometime. So this would be a perfect time to see the Halloween and fall decorations, hit up F&W, and attend a MNSSHP!
B. I can't go a whole year without going to Disney. That just won't happen! I had originally thought since we were doing Aruba in July and with my AP expiring we might not do a trip but that didn't last very long!
C. I considered booking a trip in May but we've already been in May before and while we enjoyed it there wasn't really much going on other than the end of F&G. And it was busy since Florida schools were already out so that wasn't exactly calling to us! I also don't plan on renewing my AP right away because then I will feel pressured to go right after it's activated so by waiting until September its more of a gap and just a better time for us to go! I will definitely be getting an AP on the September trip to get back to WDW once SWL opens! Plus, the discounts and memory maker alone make it worth it to me to at least get one of us an AP and thats obviously me :cool1:

4. November 13th - 18th - Trip to Disneyland with DH for the FIRST TIME EVER!!! I have never been to Disneyland in my whole life and I am so excited to finally have a trip planned to go! We never used to have a straight thru flight to LAX but now BUF flies straight thru with Jet Blue so it works out perfectly! Especially since I have credit card points to use! Again, I considered doing a spring trip here but there are a few reasons why I chose November instead -
A. Star Wars land should be opening in DLR in Summer 2019 which means it would be open in November! That would be so cool to see there before the WDW version opens so that was a driving factor!
B. I really want to see all of the holiday decorations and ride overlays that Disneyland has to offer. There's just nothing better than the holidays at Christmas so I think this would be super cool to see! I've been watching all of the updates this November to see when everything has gone up and since we wouldn't get to DLR until the 15th we should see everything that we want to!
Added trip! - Walt Disney World at Christmas! Well the week before Christmas haha We will be heading to Walt Disney World 12/14-12/18 again to enjoy all of the Christmas-y goodness Disney has to offer!

I will be back with general itineraries for the Disney trips! I haven't had trips planned this far out in idek how long so its fun to move things around now before things are set in stone! I've already changed around the September trip SO many times! Now it's time for me to really start researching and planning the Disneyland trip!

Gonna be a fun year!

Last edited:

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
So the trip to March is still tentative. I've talked to my Mom about it but we just don't know if my Dad will be on board with it. We've decided to table to discussion until after Christmas. It's just never a good time to bring up a trip when you are buying so many presents!! (It seriously never ends!)

Even though it may not happen (I mean I will probably go no matter what - just not sure about my Mom lol can always sub in DH if I need to! :rotfl:Although she'd be super mad if I did that!) I still have a hotel booked. Actually I have two hotels booked!

I originally booked Pop Century because that's just our go-to for our girls trips. But I started thinking about what we'd probably want to do this trip and we really would just want to relax more and maybe hit the parks up at night or just do like two park days and more rest days.

So I took a look again at the resorts available with the discounts and there was a pretty decent deal for the Yacht Club with my AP discount. Which just seems like kismet since it will be the very last trip for my AP before it expires! So I booked it. And I also kept Pop Century because if the option is trip at Pop or no trip, Pop would win lol I just think it would be nice to be able to have the really cool pool at the Yacht Club to chill at. And if you are going to spend more time at the resort its definitely better to be at a Deluxe than a Value! (Don't get me wrong - I love Pop but its definitely better for those park commando days!)

I also booked the Yacht Club because on Thanksgiving my Aunt was telling me how the Yacht Club would be her dream resort to stay at. While I've always wanted to stay there or even Beach Club, I never considered them because my sister was NOT a fan of walking through the international gateway. To her, it didn't have the same feel as walking through the front and seeing Spaceship Earth. So I've respected her opinion and always made sure we would go through the front. And definitely didn't book any EPCOT resorts because there's no point in booking them if you are going to still park in the front of the park! So we were talking about the Yacht Club and I told my cousin why I've never booked there and low and behold Calista says she is over this and doesn't care how she walks into EPCOT (mind you the last time we did walk through the back on a trip with another Aunt of mine in AUGUST 2017 she basically pouted the whole day because she was thrown off). So if she doesn't care then I will definitely try the Yacht Club out!

I really hope the trip does happen. My Mom's birthday is March 5th so it would be a fun way to celebrate her birthday.

So the plan for the trip as of now -

March 14th - Take the latest flight out of Buffalo to Orlando. Which I think lands around 11PM. So it would be a late night but hopefully not too bad!

March 15th - Lunch at Beaches and Cream and then head to EPCOT for Flower and Garden. Would plan on FPs for TT, LWTL and SE. And then dinner at Via Napoli, our favorite or head to Disney Springs for Morimotos, which is another favorite!

March 16th - Lunch at Ale and Compass, relax by the pool, dinner at Artist Point

March 17th - Possibly the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour, breakfast at Kona Cafe, head back to resort to swim and relax for a few hours, MK FPs Mine train, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and dinner at Be Our Guest

March 18th - lunch at Sebastians, possibly head to HS for the day. We could skip HS and just do a shopping at Disney Springs day and take an earlier flight home than our normal land-at-midnight flight. This would save buying a three day ticket and we would be able to just buy my Mom a two day ticket. Personally, I think it would be nice to at least do the three FPs at HS but either way would be fine!

So those are the tentative plans. Hopefully they come to fruition!

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
Ahh what an exciting year 2019 will be for you!

I hope you're able to make the girls trip in May happen! And even better if you can stay at the YC!

Omg you are going to love Disneyland, it's so magical!

• Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Ahh what an exciting year 2019 will be for you!

I hope you're able to make the girls trip in May happen! And even better if you can stay at the YC!

Omg you are going to love Disneyland, it's so magical!
    I really can't wait!!

I am really hoping that we can do the girls trip, the plan would definitely be a more low key trip and to really just enjoy the resort and not be so go-go-go. So we'll see! I'm certainly keeping my fingers crossed!

And I really can't wait for Disneyland! I was tempted to do a spring trip there but Christmas just looks SO magical there. Plus, Star Wars Land being open seems like a big draw, hopefully it won't make it unbearably busy but even still it seems easier to manage hitting bigger rides there as long as you make rope drop! (I hope! haha)

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Well, we basically got the all clear for our March girls trip!

The only downside as of right now is that I'm not sure my sister will be able to join my Mom and I. Which will definitely be different since we've always gone with the three of us but she is doing cheer at her college this year and I guess they CANNOT under any circumstances go away before their competition. I would move our trip but the main reason for these dates were to go before my AP expires and that is 3/23 so that's pretty much the latest I can go!

I still have the hotel and all of our dining reservations booked to include her so she can always decide last minute if she wants to come or can come!

The plan -

Thursday March 14th - Fly in on the last flight out of Buffalo. I believe this will land close to 11:30 at night so it will be a late night! We will just head to the Yacht Club to check in for our first ever stay there! I think the cheapest category I could book was water view but I think we will love that!

Friday March 15th - we will have lunch at Beaches and Cream (since we are right there!) and then we will probably head to EPCOT this day for Flower and Garden. For dinner we will either eat at Via Napoli or leave EPCOT and head to Morimotos for dinner. This would be the only oppotunity for us to really eat at Morimotos on this trip and it became my Mom's favorite on our last trip so I think she'll probably pick that!

Saturday March 16th - I'm thinking will be a hang by the pool and relax day. We will have lunch at Ale and Compass and dinner at Artist Point. Artist point will be a repeat for me after my December trip but I think my mom will want to do it since her pre-k class that she works in is obsessed with Snow White!

Sunday March 17th - I really want to do the Marceline to the Magic tour in the Magic Kingdom. But this would require a REALLY early morning so I'm not sure my Mom and sister will be capable of doing it lol My thought was for us to do the tour and then head over to Kona Cafe for a later breakfast. Head back to the hotel to chill by the pool and then back to MK for a later night (FPs starting at 3 or 4) and then dinner at Be Our Guest!

Monday March 18th - Today we will be checking out to head home so we will definitely start our day with resort airline checkin! And then we will head to either Sebastian's or Sanaa for lunch. I think I would prefer Sanaa for lunch but it would be kind of out of the way if we end up doing Hollywood Studios this day. We could always do Animal Kingdom though which would definitely be the closer option. I guess I'll have to see what my Mom and sister would prefer to do! I mean, its not like Sebastian's is connect to Hollywood Studios anyway so I guess it really wouldn't matter! And then we will fly home on the latest flight back!

I can't wait!

Last edited:

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
    Yay I'm glad the girls trip has been green lit! Hopefully your sis will be able to go, but if not it will be nice getting some one on one time with your mom!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Yay I'm glad the girls trip has been green lit! Hopefully your sis will be able to go, but if not it will be nice getting some one on one time with your mom!
    Yes! I'm excited either way! I have a feeling my sister will come around anyway though because thats what she always does!

• Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Update for the March trip - Calista is officially coming! Yay!

I know my Mom would probably be upset without her there and I really would rather she come and get to enjoy staying at Deluxe for a whole trip for the first time with us!

But now that they are both coming and the trip is official I asked them about doing the Marceline to the Magic tour and they both said no. Bummer. I guess Calista just absolutely hates tours so its just of absolutely no interest to her. I'll have to try and squeeze it in with DH in September I guess! lol They probably wouldn't be able to get up that early anyway:confused3

My Mom and sister also voted on doing Morimotos the night of EPCOT. Not that we had a bad food experience the last time but we did just have a weird experience. A man sitting with his family spent THE WHOLE MEAL staring a hole through Calista and I. It was very awkward and kind of just brought a weird vibe to the meal. And since the night of EPCOT is really the only night we can do Morimotos we will just go there instead!

I'm just so excited this trip is coming together!

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
    I need to start a PTR for the Epic Girl's trip. But, I think I will just focus on what Joe and I are doing and then do a TR all about my time with the girls...So much to think about!!!! So glad your trip is coming together!!!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    I need to start a PTR for the Epic Girl's trip. But, I think I will just focus on what Joe and I are doing and then do a TR all about my time with the girls...So much to think about!!!! So glad your trip is coming together!!!
    Yes you definitely should! I'm sure there will be things that you'll do on your own and everything so it will be nice to hear your perspective!

• Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Nothing really new to report on the March trip so I figured I would start on the plan for DH and I's September trip :woohoo:

So like I mentioned previously, DH and I have never been to WDW in September and hes never been to F&W! So this seemed like the perfect year to do it! I've always wanted to go at an "off" time (as if that exists anymore) and even though I work at a job where I can do that, I never have! Mostly because our anniversary falls in the summer so if we are going to go somewhere I want it to be then. But since we are doing Aruba for our anniversary in 2019 it gives us the perfect opportunity to head to WDW in September!

And I know September is still pretty far away but in Disney terms it really isn't and I pretty much have this whole trip planned out so I figured I might as well post it here so I can update as I make changes (which I most certainly will! haha)

The trip dates are 9/10-9/16. I don't see me really adding any days onto the trip this time because of all the other trips we have planned in 2019. The only thing that could potentially change is if we like flying home in the morning on our December 2018 trip I may consider booking a final night at the Hyatt at the airport to give us a full last day but we will see!

So I don't really expect it to change all that much like our July 2018 anniversary trip did!

As of right now I have a package booked for Pop Century for 5 day park tickets and the room. I plan on upgrading my 5 day ticket to an AP once we get there though and will most likely purchasing the TIW card. I just find those discounts with TIW to be SO much better than the dining plan. I can never make the math work for the dining plan for us, no matter how hard I try! (Granted if you would normally order that much food then it probably is worth it. But I get almost nauseous if I overeat so its really not worth it to me!) Plus, we can get whatever we want without the dining plan and not worry about credits so this is really has been the way to go for us!

So the plan (as of right now haha) for the trip is to leave midday (hopefully an 11AM flight) on Tuesday September 10th which will get us in around 2 or 3. We will be doing a split stay with the first part of our trip at Pop. I just love Pop and it definitely is the best for us when we plan on spending more time in the parks! I'm thinking for dinner we will start out with Hoop De Doo Revue. Which I haven't done since I was 8! And I don't think I really appreciated it then! lol So that will be fun for us to do! And I think will be a fun way to start off the trip! I'll probably book the second showing for us just to give us more time to get ready and leeway for flight delays (because we obviously have terrible flight luck! ha!) And as I mentioned, I have hopes of upgrading to an AP so I'm thinking we might need to head to Disney Springs upon arriving to upgrade my ticket to an AP and get the TIW card.

On Wednesday the 11th we will head to EPCOT to enjoy F&W (it will be DH's first F&W experience!) I'm thinking for lunch we will probably just hit up some booths or grab quick service somewhere depending on how hungry we are! I may also book San Angel Inn as a back up. On my last two trips we've done sit downs for lunch in EPCOT and its really been so enjoyable! Yes, it was a little more expensive than a quick service but to have air conditioning and a server and a nice atmosphere compared to the craziness that can be quick services it was awesome. On our July trip, our EPCOT day was definitely our most park commando day. I feel like this always happens to me in EPCOT because there are so many great restaurants to try so we always stay all day! So I think instead we will head out at a reasonable time, change at the resort and then head to Yachtsmans Steakhouse for the first time. I really wanted to try this on our last trip but the reviews hadn't been all that great and I bumped it for Narcooses (which I don't regret!)

On Thursday the 12th we will head to Hollywood Studios! I'm hoping that we will be able to get a Slinky Dog FP for this day even though it will only be 60+2 for us. I have faith though! I think we will start our day with lunch at Beaches and Cream and then head to HS! We've never eaten here before so it will be nice to try! We won't spend the whole day at HS though because I plan on us doing the Highway Dine in the Sky this evening! I know its expensive but it looks like such a fun experience! And I really think DH would enjoy it! We had watched someone's instastory when they did it after our trip and DH commented that we never do anything fun like that on our trips. I almost smacked him :rotfl:

I figure we might be a little burned out (aka hung over) after the monorail crawl the evening before so I plan for Friday the 13th (oy!) to be a rest day! I'm hoping the Gondolas will be up by this trip and that we can ride them over to try out Sebastian's for lunch at Caribbean beach! (They are just saying Fall though so my hopes are not high!) If they are not open I think we may just head to Disney Springs and hit up chicken guy! And for dinner I'm thinking Jiko!

The next day Saturday the 14th we will be checking out of Pop. We will first head to AK and eat at Satuli Canteen for lunch. Again we won't do a full day here. We will head to our new resort for a couple of days, the Poly! Dinner tonight will be Narcooses. I figure since we will be at the Poly it will be an easy walk or monorail over for us!

The next day, Sunday the 15th, we will head to hopefully a ~10AM reservation for the Cali Grill brunch! I loved this with my Mom and sister and I think Dan would like it, too! And since we are on the monorail loop it will be super easy to get to! Other than Cali Grill brunch, this day is a bit up in the air. There are two options -

A. We spend the afternoon enjoying the pools at the Polynesian and then head to MNSSHP that evening, possibly get an earlier dinner at Beauty and the Beast or maybe even Skippers Canteen or the Plaza. And enjoy the party and be able to hop back on the monorail after the party.

Or B. Go to the brunch and then directly to the Magic Kingdom to spend the afternoon there and avoid what seems to be the oversold parties... I'm really torn! I mean I have time to decide but its a tough decision! We would probably have dinner at Kona or Flying Fish this night if we don't go to the party and then watch Hallowishes from the beach. The deciding factor will probably be up to Dan and if he really wants to do a Halloween party! I had some pretty serious FOMO not doing one this year but it was really all just in my head! lol

Option B is definitely the cheaper option! (And probably the least crowded!) But its also our last night and only MK day and MK at night, to me, is the most magical. So I may just suck it up and deal with the crowds and do the party.

(Now these plans are TOTALLY under the assumption that this will be the night that MNSSHP falls. I looked at the past couple of years and it seems they usually do fall on a Sunday so that would probably be the case. If MNSSHP isnt this night I would not head to MK anyway because MK on non-party days is now THE WORST)

For our last day, Monday the 16th, we will head to EPCOT again to check out all of the F&W items we didn't hit on our first EPCOT day! Plus, we can just take the monorail right from the TTC! I think this day we will just stick to quick services in Mexico or the UK or just rely on the booths! Depending on the time of our flight home, I may book Cape May Cafe as a farewell dinner for us. I think Dan would like the seafood buffet but I'm not sure about that big of a dinner and then hopping on a plane. So that may change (I mean lets be real - a lot of this could change!) And then we'll take the last flight out home!

I have definitely found that in trying more restaurants I am finding it harder and harder to put the itinerary puzzle together! Because we always want to hit up our favorites every time! But I think the restaurants I have picked will work out well for us because there's a mix of old and new for us. I wanted to try Citricos this trip but that's where dinner is on the Highway in the Sky dine around so I didn't want to do that twice. The restaurants that will be new for us are - Yachtsman Steakhouse, Highway in the Sky, Cape May Cafe, San Angel Inn, and Sebastian's (or Chicken Guy). New for Dan - Cali Grill brunch, Hoop De Doo Revue and Beaches and Cream.

I mean I'll be honest, food and where I want to eat is a huge driving factor into how I plan our trips. It's worked out pretty well for us! Although, I think this trip will even be a bit more relaxed than July 2018 because I won't feel the need to run back to the parks after dinner since there shouldn't really be anything new (because I am not holding my breath that Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railway will be open by then!)

I'm really looking forward to this trip! Its actually only nine months away from today! Crazy!

Last edited:

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
    Yachtsman Steakhouse
    AWESOME!!! We have dined here many times...

Cape May Cafe
    Have done breakfast a few times, and we've liked it.

San Angel Inn
    Not my fav, but willing to give it another shot...We had a horrible server.

I actually almost booked Pop but thought Gia would like the Little Mermaid room better. However, we will walk over there one day to show her the giant Lady and the Tramp...

Love The Poly!!!!!!!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    We are home from our weekend Christmas adventure and boy did it go by fast! But we had an amazing time and I can't wait to write up the trip report for it!

Although I will say we spent our last night hanging out at the Wilderness Lodge and walked around Boulder Ridge...I am SO tempted to book a weekend here renting DVC for next Christmas season! I really need to talk myself out of this since we will be doing Disneyland in November...

That would just be crazy right?

Thankfully, it can't even be rented right now since its still 12 months out but I would obviously want to decide soon since I'm sure that's a prime DVC month.

Last edited:

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Well, I submitted a request with a DVC rental company so that when the 11 month window opens up I have the best chances of getting Boulder Ridge.

:rotfl:

I think that's really the only place I'd be willing to stay right now so if we don't get it then I will take it as a sign that it was not meant to be!

I've done some research and that seems to be a very popular week for DVC and Boulder Ridge in general so we shall see! I thought I would be happy with just doing Disneyland at Christmas (in November) next year but theres just something SO special about WDW at Christmas. I mean who knows, Disneyland may be awesome too but at least this way I get to do both!

Last edited:

sahu

Earning My Ears
    I hope you get the DVC booking! I own at Copper Creek and will be trying to book a Dec trip too - it's so beautiful at that time of year!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    I hope you get the DVC booking! I own at Copper Creek and will be trying to book a Dec trip too - it's so beautiful at that time of year!
    I hope we do too! I think if I ever bought DVC I would do Copper Creek or Polynesian. DH says now Boulder Ridge is on the table now too haha I was all set to buy sooner rather than later but I'm just not sure I'll ever be able to afford the number of points I would realistically want so for now I'm just going to stick with renting!

Last edited:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News