2019 - A year of a little less Disney...who I am kidding no it isn't! Updated 7/15

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
Did you see all the DAH Villain's event stuff on Instagram? Looks like so much fun.
Yes! I can't wait!! I saw someone comment somewhere that it was getting bad reviews but idk what they were talking about because it seems like most people had a great time! I know we'll have fun regardless just because we like being in the park at night with lower crowds (and never meet characters anyway) so I'm super excited!

I saw someone say that at the end of the night the villains were all on the train station waving goodbye and interacting with guests so I definitely want to see that!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
June Trip

6 DAYS AWAY!

This was me and DH's from our first trip as a couple to Disney about 7 years ago! We stayed at All Star Sports because it was the only thing we could afford. I don't think either of us ever thought we'd be staying at the Contemporary someday!!! (Also RIP to this view because of the bungalows lol)

This week is already flying by. And we have a busy weekend planned so this trip will be here before we know it! DH and I are going to the Allentown Art Festival in Buffalo tomorrow with my family and then dinner with our friends tomorrow night. Then on Sunday, I will be heading to the Buffalo Zoo with one of my best friends, her son (its our yearly tradition!) and Calista and her boyfriend. It is going to be such a fun weekend!!

Speaking of Calista and her boyfriend allow me to divert from Disney related things just to share something so fun that she got to do! So her friend (and the girl who did my makeup for my wedding) was involved in a wedding photoshoot to promote a bunch of different wedding related businesses. The couple that was supposed to participate backed out literally the night before after everything had been reserved/booked/tons of money spent so Calista's friend asked if her and her bf George would fill in. Well let me tell you, these pictures turned out gorgeous and Calista legit looks like a model! (idk why this surprises me because she always looks pretty, I guess the professional photos help!!) And if you don't care at all, feel free to skip through these photos but they are just too pretty not to share!! (Plus I feel like you all probably feel like you know Calista because shes in a lot of my reports!! haha)

The dress she wore was a $12,000 dress. You read that right. I didn't add a zero accidentily. $12K! I told my parents this is not good news for them when she does get married down the road! hahaha

this one legit popped into my newsfeed and I was like oh what a pretty model. And it was my sister lol!

Just so pretty!! Okay back to our regularly scheduled programming!

With the first VAH last night I was happy to see that people seemed to really be having a great time! I read some reports that crowds were a bit high but I have to imagine the sheer number of bloggers/instagrammers/influencers that were there is probably a big contributing factor! But I'm excited! I saw some reports that the villains were waving goodbye to guests and interacting with them from the train station at the end of the night so I hope they do that again next week!

I haven't really come up with a plan yet for how we'll tour the park for the AHs. Last time we started in Tomorrowland but I think we might start in Frontierland this time just to switch it up! I did read that Space was down for a bit at the beginning of the night so hopefully that doesn't happen for our party!

September Trip Update

So I decided to book DH and I a cabana at Stormalong Bay for our pool day! Right now, if it seems the only way to do SWGE at DHS during our trip is to do the crazy early morning rope drop (STILL praying for some AHs! lol) then my though is that we can head back to Beach Club after for breakfast at Cape May Cafe and then head to the pool to nap/swim/relax in the cabana. The cabana is from 10-2 which will hopefully be enough time!

Even if we don't try to do SWGE this morning, I think it will still be nice to have a cabana for our pool day! DH lovesss anything boujie like that so I know he'll love it! haha

Last edited:

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
Gorgeous photos of your sister! She will definitely make a beautiful bride one day.

I was watching a live stream of VAH last night and it was definitely a ton of media. I read that the media were being walked through the FP lines so hopefully we won’t have that issue because it won’t be the first night! The villains at the train station is such a nice way to end the night- I hope they continue it also.

Oo a cabana at Stormalong Bay sounds lovely especially if you’re going to SWGE early!

• Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Gorgeous photos of your sister! She will definitely make a beautiful bride one day.

I was watching a live stream of VAH last night and it was definitely a ton of media. I read that the media were being walked through the FP lines so hopefully we won’t have that issue because it won’t be the first night! The villains at the train station is such a nice way to end the night- I hope they continue it also.

Oo a cabana at Stormalong Bay sounds lovely especially if you’re going to SWGE early!
    Yeah the pictures turned out gorgeous! Hopefully her and her bf do end up getting married otherwise whoever she ends up with will have some big shoes to fill! haha

Thank goodness they were there last night and not our night! (Although I would have loved to be able to meet some of my favorite influencers! haha)

Yeah I think it should definitely work out! I mean I'm sure we'd be fine even just chilling by the pool but DH tends to like to have shade if I want to be by the pool so it should work out pretty well! I think they said they keep a fridge stocked with pops and waters and give us some fruit along with it so that should be nice too!

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
    Amazing pictures! when its time to get married she should let them set it all up and then she can wear the 12k dress (or another one) for free and they can have all the pics... ok this probably cant happen but its a dream

The Villains events look soo cool! Have so much fun cant wait to hear about them!

AH Cant wait to hear how the Cabanas are!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Amazing pictures! when its time to get married she should let them set it all up and then she can wear the 12k dress (or another one) for free and they can have all the pics... ok this probably cant happen but its a dream

The Villains events look soo cool! Have so much fun cant wait to hear about them!

AH Cant wait to hear how the Cabanas are!
    She should!! That was the weird part because they didn't give my sister or her bf any sort of compensation other than getting the pictures so hopefully when the time comes to get married they can say Hey, remember us and all the business we got you? lol

I was definitely worried to hear the reviews of the Villains AH but it seems like most people who paid oop themselves felt the night was worth it so thats good! I can't wait!

I hope it will be a nice spot for us to chill! I do need to call back and get some money off because I totally forgot to get the AP discount when I called so that will be nice!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    2 more days!

Of course, work is dragging by and I am spending most of the day trying to make a list of things I still need to do (drop off a present to my friend's son, ups, target, get pictures and videos off of my phone so I have space!). This is the first trip in many that we are taking the early morning flight out so it feels a bit more stressful that we need everything done tomorrow night instead of having time to get last minute things done!

We should be good though, clothes-wise we are both pretty much packed. I convinced DH to pack last night rather than waiting until tomorrow night and I'm so glad we did because the Villains shirt I bought him didn't really fit so there was enough time to order another from Amazon and it should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I can still return the other one :confused3 (pretty sure I asked DH to try the shirt on the week I bought it but ya know, husbands lol)

Idk how people pack without outfit planning because it was so difficult trying to make sure DH was packing enough clothes. I still don't even know that he is bringing enough lol especially with how hot it will be but hopefully he'll be able to make due!

Got my nails done yesterday only to realize this morning that my nails are blue and my toes are a hot pink :rotfl:I usually try to coordinate them a bit but oh well lol Ill just pretend I'm going with a "make it pink, make it blue" Sleeping Beauty theme! haha

All I know is that I can't wait for today and tomorrow to fly by!!

• Newsies

Headlines don't sell papes.
    Calista looks absolutely stunning in that dress!! Those photos are beautiful!!

I also heard really positive things about VAH, so I'm excited for you to try it and give us your opinions!!

So exciting, you're only two days away!! The last two days are always the s l o w e s t. Good luck as you finish packing and those last-minute trip errands!!!

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
    Wow those pics of Calista and her bf are stunning!

It does sound like the after hours was a lot of fun, can't wait to hear your experience with it!

Very cool that you booked a cabana for Stormalong Bay!

I hope the next 2 days fly by for you!

dolewhipdreams

Counting days until my next Dole Whip
    Just so pretty!!
    Oh WOW these are stunning! Also I would soooo nervous wearing a $12K dress.

With the first VAH last night I was happy to see that people seemed to really be having a great time!
    Yeah the reviews look awesome! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you :) My one piece of advice on AH's (I can't remember if you've done any before) is avoid rides that tend to have long down times. We rode the People Mover for our first DAH and were stuck on it for 30 MINUTES 😳

So I decided to book DH and I a cabana at Stormalong Bay for our pool day!
    Cool I didn't even know that was an option.

I convinced DH to pack last night rather than waiting until tomorrow night
    Praise!!!

Ill just pretend I'm going with a "make it pink, make it blue" Sleeping Beauty theme!
    Yes I love it!!

Ah it's so close!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Calista looks absolutely stunning in that dress!! Those photos are beautiful!!

I also heard really positive things about VAH, so I'm excited for you to try it and give us your opinions!!

So exciting, you're only two days away!! The last two days are always the s l o w e s t. Good luck as you finish packing and those last-minute trip errands!!!
    Aren't they???

I made the mistake of watching a youtubers packing video and it made me wish I could just get out of work to get everything wrapped up! (Even though logically the things I haven't packed are the last minute things that I can't! haha)

Oh WOW these are stunning! Also I would soooo nervous wearing a $12K dress.
    Right??? She said the shop owners were pretty chill about the whole thing and really just wanted to get the dress shown so hopefully it would sell. But thats pretty steep for this area so idk who is paying $12k for a dress unless they are going out to NYC for one!

Yeah the reviews look awesome! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you :) My one piece of advice on AH's (I can't remember if you've done any before) is avoid rides that tend to have long down times. We rode the People Mover for our first DAH and were stuck on it for 30 MINUTES 😳
    We did one last July! And its funny because we did the People Mover first and it did stop for like a minute and it wasn't until after we got off and I read others reports that it could have been much worse!!! DH loves the people mover so I don't know that I'll totally get away without riding it haha hoping we can get on before the party starts at least to avoid losing precious party time!!!

Cool I didn't even know that was an option.
    It's pretty new for Stormalong Bay! I'm pretty sure they started like 3/18 of this year because it was going to be just after our pool day for our March trip. There's two options, half days or full day. The half day was around $125ish with the annual discount. While not cheap, I think we'll enjoy having some shade and a spot to ourselves! I think you get a fruit plate and a stocked mini fridge of drinks with it too.

Praise!!!
    Ugh seriously!! I basically pack the whole thing for him anyway with a couple of questions to him like "do you want to bring this?" so he really had no reason to say no lol and saves me the stress of doing it the night before!!

Yes I love it!!
    Love a theme! hahaha even if it wasn't on purpose!

• the2ndstar2theright

DIS Veteran
    Ahhhh!!! It's so close!! I am the crazy hyper-planner that tries on ALL the clothes and knows exactly what shirt I'm wearing with which shorts (and which ears) and usually which day I'm wearing what. So I totally understand:rotfl: I hope y'all have the most magical time!!

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
    The photos of Calista are gorgeous, and what a cool opportunity!
    Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!
    Oh, and your packing vlog was really cute!!!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Well we are all checked in for our flights on Southwest! I had contemplated paying $50 for the two of us to get earlybird boarding and then I considered possibly just paying $25 for one of us to just hold some seats but I decided that money was better saved for Disney snacks and souvenirs!!

I mostly was thinking of paying because I was worried about oversleeping or forgetting to check us in but I was able to get up no problem and secured us B17 and B18. Which is even more impressive considering the flights were booked separately (to best utilize credits and such) so I had to do my best to check them in as close as possible! I used my desktop computer for Dan's and my phone for mine and it obviously worked out perfectly!

If you didn't know, Southwest only allows three forms of payment for flights so a lot of times the best way to make use of them (if you have more than 2 credits to use) is to pay for each leg of the trip separately and pay for each person individually. So we could have used up to 8 different credits/giftcards (each giftcard counts as a separate payment) - 12 if we had enough credits to cover the whole cost of each leg of the flight. Why would one have so many credits? Let's say you purchase a flight for $125. The flight then drops to $115, so $10 credit. A week later, the same flight drops to $105, another $10 credit. Surprise sale! The flight went down to $97! Another $8 credit. Well, even though these credits are all under the same flight confirmation number, they each become individual flight credits for $10, $10 and $8 instead of one credit for $28. A bit sneaky, and something I didn't know until I had that exact scenerio happen to me! lol So rather than have the credits go to waste I just use this method so I can use them all! Just something to keep in mind if you are someone like me who watches flight prices like crazy and gets the credits!

I was able to tick off a lot of my packing to dos last night so I feel much less stressed today! And Dan's new Villains shirt was delivered so hopefully it fits. If it doesn't though, I may just have him get the Villains shirt sold at the party since its probably close to the same price as the one I bought him with the AP discount! lol

Only 3 more hours of work to go! Woo!

If you want to follow along on our trip - personal insta (where I post most of my pics/updates!_ @cloe_girl1, and hopefully we'll be posting some things to our new insta @cloeanddanvlogs

Last edited:

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for that tip on SW flights! I've never had a flight decrease in price after I've booked it, but good to know if it does ever happen!

Have an amazing trip!!! :jumping1:

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    I didn’t spring for earlybird check on this time because I’m traveling alone, and I actually got A group! I’m hoping that means the flight isn’t full, but they usually are.

Have a great trip! (Maybe I’ll see you tomorrow!)

Newsies

Headlines don't sell papes.
    I'm so excited for you!!! I hope you have an AMAZING time!!! Safe travels!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News