2019 - A year of a little less Disney...who I am kidding no it isn't! Updated 5/17

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by Cloe Colton, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

It's definitely one of those things that you really do need to plan ahead for! Especially if its a busy time of year for DVC (like F&W or the holidays), you really need to get your request in before the 11 month window even opens up!

Right?? I also have to assume that Disney knows they can easily sell tickets to an after hours for this land so I'm really hoping they'll do one on either of our trips this year!

the2ndstar2theright likes this.
  2. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I'm so excited! I think we probably will end up doing Universal beforehand as long as DH can get the time off. That will definitely be more for him than me but I think we'll both enjoy it!

Ugh its SO frustrating!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. suse66

suse66 Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!

Wow!!!!

Oh my gosh, that is going to be amazing!!!! So fun to look forward to!

evre13 likes this.
  5. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

Ugh I know! I do think they are waiting to see how things go at Disneyland.

Maybe someone bought it to literally just rent it out? But that is awsome!!!

6. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I was totally shocked!

It will definitely be nice to have something to look forward to next winter! Not looking forward to breaking that news to my Mom though haha although I'm tossing around the idea of maybe a President's Day weekend trip with her and my sister since my sister SHOULD technically have off if shes student teaching!

Has to be right? I really wish they would just implement some sort of reservation system for those of us staying on property or SOMETHING. I really do want to see the land but I don't have the patience to wait in Star Wars fans lines lol I know they mean serious business!

Maybe! I'm not really sure if those who bought points already got points allotted for 2019 so maybe someone figured they would rent them out instead of banking them? Either way I am grateful! lol

StarWarsMomofGirls! likes this.
  7. lvcourtneyy

lvcourtneyy DIS Veteran

Awesome that you were able to get Riviera booked! Being able to do Universal for a couple days before your cruise sounds perfect but really no matter what you end up doing, it'll still be a great trip.

I'm very confused about there being no late nights in the fall for SWGE. The early hours work for us but it seems crazy to me that the park is still gonna close pretty early. Especially since anyone off-site or who can't make it early will probably be trying to get in line for the ride at park close which I would imagine will get crazy long!

8. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Yeah I really hope we'll be able to do Universal before the cruise! It won't be cheap but I think it will be worth it! I don't think there's ever any real way to do Universal cheap so its probably just worth it to spend the money and go!

Right? Like yeah they extended the park hours to 10 but thats honestly nothing. And if its like when Pandora opened they shut the stand by line down before the park even closed so CMs weren't stuck in the park all night. Just surprises me that they haven't announced any sort of after hours! Ideally I would LOVE a passholder preview after opening but I would DEFINITELY pay for an after hours!!

lvcourtneyy likes this.
  9. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

So I did this for our March trip and I (think) I enjoyed having a list of our must dos! haha I say think because I did feel slight pressure on myself (obviously my own doing) to check things off of my list but it still made for a good way to keep track of getting all the things done that I definitely wanted to do!

New things (to both) that we will be doing on our June trip!

· Staying at the Grand Floridian AND in club level! I would probably count CR too as we only stayed club level there for basically less than a night after some issues at Bay Lake Tower (if you've never read by July 2018 TR go read that now!) but still not technically new!

· Villain After Hours - not our first AH event but the first themed one!
    · Skipper Canteen
    · Citricos

· Wine Bar George Brunch - I think I've landed on us keeping this reservation. The reviews have been phenomenal and DH isn't much of a pool guy anyway so one hour of pool time should be more than enough for him. I know its probably a waste of money to not just eat the CL breakfast but yolo!
    · Savor the Savanna - Really looking forward to this!
    · Possibly the Sanaa lounge for the first time! I have really been craving the bread service so I think this will be a fun way to end our night!

Dan’s first time -

· 1900 Park Fare - This was our go-to breakfast reservation growing up so I'm excited to bring Dan there! I have a feeling it will be very nostalgic for me!
    · Doing the meal plan! I've only done the meal plan once myself almost 10 years ago but DH never has! Will be interesting to see what he thinks of it!

Things I want to try or do–

Animal Kingdom

· Pongu Pongu – alcoholic Night Blossom - still didn't try! Or even just a normal night blossom. I didn't even get ONE night blossum with my Mom and Calista in March :sad:
    · See the Festival of the Lion King – got a FP this time!

· Zuri Sweets - animal sugar cookies, these look really cute!

Magic Kingdom

SNACKS! So DH and I have 8 snack credits to use during the first few days of our trip and I think we are both excited to use them! Here's what I plan to use my four on -

· Ice cream sundaes from Plaza Ice Cream Parlor either before or after HEA - DH will be getting one too I'm sure!
    · Drink from Starbucks - DH is very excited that you can get any sized drink from SB with a snack credit :rotfl:

· Peter Pan Float
    · Tangled eclair or the Lost Princess cone - I've heard the eclair is not great so I might just go with the cone!
    · If you are keeping count this leaves 2 snacks for DH to use which will probably end up being Starbucks again either in DHS or our second MK day which I won't be mad about! Or a cinnamon roll from Gastons! And possibly the new Mickey donut from the lunching pad! :lovestruc (although I'm not sure the donut is considered a snack!)

*Side note - I feel like DH is going to REALLY like the dining plan because it will very nearly give him that all inclusive feel, especially coupled with club level lol he was so excited when I was telling him all the things the snack credits can be used for. So pray for our bank account after this trip! haha*
    · Meet Mickey & Minnie at the Town Square theater in their birthday celebration outfits! - Never did this on our March trip - no fastpasses and it was too busy. But we have fastpasses this time so it should happen!!

EPCOT

· Get DH a redo ride through SE after our disaster ride in December!
    · I wish EPCOT had a summer festival :sad1: but since there isn't a festival I might finally get to try a cronut!

· Sparkling Strawberry Cocktail popsicle from Italy! This should be a fun summer snack to try!
    · Kaki gori from Japan - along with the popsicle I think this would be fun to get!

Hollywood Studios

· Sunset Boulevard – Southside Fizz
    · Baseline taphouse - we definitely want to try to stop here while we're at DHS! This is one of our favorite spots and I have a feeling its going to be a madhouse once SWL opens!

Souvenirs I want –

· I am considering getting the commemorative path stone, I always wanted to have one in front of MK growing up and I think it might fun to have one for my backyard or something. DH thinks its crazy though so we'll see if he gets onboard!
    · I really want the 70s vibe yellow WDW tshirt. It looks so cute! I tried to get it in March but it was not available in my size when I found it so hopefully this time! I think we need to get DH a fun people mover shirt or something while we're there!
    · Contemporary pin! When we got to stay there for one night in July I really wanted to get a pin to remember the occasion but I guess they were redoing them at the time? The new ones were released not long after we left so I definitely need to get one!
    · Definitely a Grand Floridian pin too!!
    · If they do release a Villains AHs pin, I'll probably get one of those too!
    · If we have time, possibly stop in the Harley store to get Dan a Harley hat to wear while he's out riding. If we wait until our September trip the riding season will basically be over where we live so this should work out well timing-wise!

We are both just SO excited for this trip. Only 34 days out! We spent last night dreaming of all the amazing food we'll get to eat on our trip and how nice the trip is going to be! Can't come soon enough! lol

September Trip Thoughts -

I REALLY hope WDW uses the virtual queue system that they are implementing at Disneyland after the reservation period. I was trying to figure out if we could somehow wake up for the super early EMHs during our September trip and our HS day backs up to our Highway in the sky dine night. So I don't think that's going to happen! So I am keeping my fingers crossed!

If not, I may have us go the morning of our rest day, if DH is down (if we can't get in on our first afternoon in DHS). This will TOTALLY depend on how crazy the crowds are though. My thought is that we could head over from Beach Club (probably walk) at like 7AM (I do not see us trying to be the first ones in at 6AM - waiting is waiting lol). Hopefully we can wait in line for the ride, be done by 9, ride SDD and head back to the Beach Club for breakfast at Cape May Cafe at 10:55 and then rest/nap at the pool after. This is obviously BEST case scenerio, and if reports from the first week of it being open are that you can't even come close to the land/ride during those EMHs I'll scrap the plan. But that's like my back up plan...that I haven't even run by DH :rotfl:

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  10. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Your list sounds amazing! So many fun things to try!!

I like to make lists like that too otherwise once i'm there I'll forget what I said I wanted to buy or eat!!

11. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Same!! Otherwise there are just too many things to remember!

12. StarWarsMomofGirls!

All of it sounds great! You are getting close!!!

13. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I seriously can't wait! I'm so glad we ended up booking this trip because waiting until September for Disney again would be way too long!

14. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

Following along! I saw your comment on my DTR/TR and wanted to check out your trips for the year!

15. lvcourtneyy

lvcourtneyy DIS Veteran

Great list of must dos! I’ve started doing the same thing cuz there ends up being so many things I see on social media that I want to try & i totally forget until I’m back home and see them again!

16. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Making a list of things to buy is a great idea. I think I need to steal that one, because I'm afraid I'll get caught up in the parks and forget everything I hoped to scope out. :laughing:

17. StarWarsMomofGirls!

I make a list and still forget!

I keep meaning to try the Frozen Mint Julip at Casey's Corner, and each trip I forget!

18. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

Great Must Do's list!!!

19. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Thanks for joining!!

It's so easy to forget them all once you are there!

Its so easy to do. I found that keeping a list on my phone for each park worked and then just glancing at it before we left for the park usually worked for me!

Haha! I feel like there's no real fool proof plan! Especially because in Disney things are always changing so even when you do remember you don't want to trek across the park just to try something!

Hopefully I'll try the mint julep at some point!

Thanks!

Raeven likes this.
  20. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

DH is SO excited for Disney, which definitely makes it more exciting for me! He's been watching even more Disney vlogs so it's been fun! He really wants to try vlogging our trips this year so we'll see how that goes. He also wanted to try to vlog last July and he lasted all of about ten minutes in recording B roll so we'll see :rotfl: He does seem far more determined this time though considering he's purchased TWO different vlogging cameras and will sell whichever one he likes less haha

We watched Happiest Vlogs on Earth last night with their VIP tour and now DH also wants to do one of those! Same, DH, same! :rotfl2:He apparently never knew it was a thing so hopefully someday we'll be able to make that happen! I'm thinking maybe once both rides in Star Wars land are open I might be able to convince my brother and his gf and my cousin who lives in Florida and her friends who like Disney to all pitch in for one! Probably just a dream but maybe!

In our vlog watching we also saw one of Narcosses and it almost caused us to cancel Citricos and switch to Narcooses lol I definitely want to try Citricos but we do love Narcooses. Its such a tough call! Right now, I think we will keep Citricos as it is since we are planning to eat at Narcooses in September. We definitely love trying new restaurants but its hard when you know how much you love a certain meal! But reviews are good for Citricos so hopefully we enjoy it!

21. lvcourtneyy

lvcourtneyy DIS Veteran

Isn't it funny when they decide to start paying attention to Disney things and think they come up with things on their own :rotfl:? Mike does that a lot especially when we're watching vlogs and I have to stop myself a lot of times from saying Duh I told you that forever ago lol.