2018 trip

Tattylou

DIS Veteran
Hi-
We live in the Boston area so WDW is an easier flight for us. We haven't been to DL since April 2015 bc we have gone to WDW instead. We were thinking of heading back to DL in April 2018. So, I'm wondering how the SW-land construction is impacting DL? Are the majority of rides still open? We prefer DL to WDW in a lot of ways (ease of park hopping, ease of the "old" fast pass system, the better version of POTC and Space Mtn, Carsland....I could go on and on). Anyway, I'm interested in what anyone has to say about the changes going on there with construction and if it is worth the 3k mile flight. Thx in advance

Construction isn't really that noticeable, except for the current issue of the railroad and Rivers of America being closed, but they'll be reopened this summer and won't affect you. How things go as construction gets closer to completion, who knows? But, right now, it's not a big issue.

You may want to follow the MaxPass threads. Disney has announced changes to FP are coming, without many additional details, including when it will start. By 2018, the old FP system may be totally different.

You may want to follow the MaxPass threads. Disney has announced changes to FP are coming, without many additional details, including when it will start. By 2018, the old FP system may be totally different.

Thx, I have been seeing something about the possible changes....

Well, in April 2018, Rivers of America will be open again because it's supposed to reopen later this year. so that means that the trains will be operational again, along with Tom Sawyer's Island, the canoes, the Mark Twain, and the Columbia sailing ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter