2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dachsie @Pdollar88 Do you, or anyone, have this in a template or shareable Google spreadsheet that I could copy? Or know where I can snag one? I'd love to make my own spreadsheet of must-try's, but it seems silly to reinvent the entire thing if there's one I can use!

Thank you!
I don't know how to use Google docs. I just made mine in excel. Sorry!

I hope this doesn’t sound mean, but please be careful before accessing or downloading a Google doc. I’m sure no one would intentionally give you a virus my company and others have really restricted access to this application because it does tend to Harbor things you don’t want to get on your computer

I just saw a thread on another site that the beaker/flask at the Light Lab is allegedly gone (sold out) and they do not expect more. Instead that drink is being served as a flight (“phlight”) with glow cubes. According to the CM this person spoke to, they always planned that the beaker would be limited in availability and they’d move to serve as a flight. On the one hand seems pretty crazy to me that they could have underestimated the demand so much that they’d sell out in under a week. But, on the other hand, crazier things have happened. This wasn’t on my list to try but I know it was for many so hopefully this info is wrong.

Last edited:
Wow, finally caught up! Thanks to everyone for the reviews and information. Can't wait until November when we get to indulge!

Can anyone confirm if the pizza window at Via Napoli is open during the festival? It was last year and it nice to be able to grab a quick slice without sitting down for a whole meal.

With everything F&W offers I know it sounds crazy to want a slice of pizza but what can I say, my husband and I are slightly picky eaters!

I just saw a thread on another site that the beaker/flask at the Light Lab is allegedly gone (sold out) and they do not expect more. Instead that drink is being served as a flight (“phlight”) with glow cubes. According to the CM this person spoke to, they always planned that the beaker would be limited in availability and they’d move to serve as a flight. On the one hand seems pretty crazy to me that they could have underestimated the demand so much that they’d sell out in under a week. But, on the other hand, crazier things have happened. This wasn’t on my list to try but I know it was for many so hopefully this info is wrong.

I just saw this on Instagram - the photo was from yesterday so I'd be interested to hear reports from today (we were supposed to go back today but my little one is sick). I like the idea of three glow cubes, but the beaker is really cool (and since I have two kids, I kind of needed another one - they're not doing a great job sharing the one we have!)

Edited to add: they seemed to be having a hard time with keeping all three of the flavors frozen - when I was there they only had blue, and a friend of mine reported going back twice over the weekend to find at least one of the flavors was unavailable. I would think that would be a bigger issue if you're going to offer them separately.

I sure hope that isn’t true because it was the only drink on my list since I don’t drink alcohol. If it no longer comes with a beaker I won’t be getting it.

We were there on opening day and they were already out of them, for the day at least - I think they did get some in for the next few days, but sounds like that is it

I certainly get not wanting to be saddled with thousands of unsold flasks, but you had to know Disney fans would like this and at least have enough to get through like 1/2 the festival!

Well rats.....I actually work in a lab and we have the "real" Ehrlenmeyer flasks (not to drink from, of course). I thought this festival one would be fun to have!

For those who have done it before, how much time should we allot for the Parisian Breakfast? We've got FEA FP that end at 10:45 and I'm not realizing we might be cutting it close.

For those who have done it before, how much time should we allot for the Parisian Breakfast? We've got FEA FP that end at 10:45 and I'm not realizing we might be cutting it close.

I've always been out of the breakfast by around 10:15 at the latest, but I could have left earlier. It's a buffet. You should be able to meet your FP cut-off time.

This year they upped the minimum for the LE gift card to $250.
Thanks... that's good to know. Do you have a picture of the LE card? Last year I didn't know about it until our last day and at that time didn't think we'd spend the entire $200. Now I wish I would have gotten it and I could have saved it to use this year!!! So this year, I will go on the first day to pick one up! Lord knows that $250 will go quick! haha! We always use GCs for the festivals.... just so much easier!

Last edited:
Thanks... that's good to know. Do you have a picture of the LE card? Last year I didn't know about it until our last day and at that time didn't think we'd spend the entire $200. Now I wish I would have gotten it and I could have saved it to use this year!!! So this year, I will go on the first day to pick one up! Lord knows that $250 will go quick! haha! We always use GCs for the festivals.... just so much easier!

There’s a picture in the post linked below.

https://disneypinsblog.com/epcot-food-wine-2018-limited-release-gift-card-lanyard/

When I saw it was vegetarian, I had to pass.

If you watch Walbergers they have tested the Impossible burger and sell it as their vegetarian options. During the shows they get people in their family to taste it and they all say it tastes and feels like a real burger. I am going to have to try it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter