******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone..
I have some questions, that may have been answered.. but it's late and I'm going cross eyed from reading 13 pages..

I'm booked at All Star Sports from 8/24/17 to 8/28/17. And I'd like stay at a moderate. I know Port may be on the FD plan, and from what I read, possibly CBR.

I need your advice.. should I change my reservation to Beach Resort (where I want to stay) or Port where it was available in the past?

Also, if I choose CBR, and that doesn't go on the FD plan.. how hard will it be to change..?

Or.. do you recommend something else..

This is too much pressure..

Thank you for your help..

I would just book exactly where you want to go for now. If it's not included in the FD promotion and there is no modify button online and you really want FD, just make a new reservation online and cancel your existing one.

Keep it simple. Don't stress! :)

I know you want CBR. Are you aware of the construction going on?

I would just book exactly where you want to go for now. If it's not included in the FD promotion and there is no modify button online and you really want FD, just make a new reservation online and cancel your existing one.

Keep it simple. Don't stress! :)

I know you want CBR. Are you aware of the construction going on?

I would avoid CBR until construction nears completion, unless you don't mind the anticipated inconvenience. It would be a deciding factor for me.

I would avoid CBR until construction nears completion, unless you don't mind the anticipated inconvenience. It would be a deciding factor for me.

I would try to avoid CBR and CSR this year. Although if they were the only two resorts offering FD I'd still go for it. :)

Just a hunch, but my guess is POR and POFQ will be excluded this year and both CBR and CSR will be included. The construction at those two resorts is scaring off a lot of people, and those people are going to one of the PO resorts instead. I think they'll have a harder time filling CBR and CSR than either of the PO resorts, so that's where they'll more likely offer discounts.

Just my guess!

Just a hunch, but my guess is POR and POFQ will be excluded this year and both CBR and CSR will be included. The construction at those two resorts is scaring off a lot of people, and those people are going to one of the PO resorts instead. I think they'll have a harder time filling CBR and CSR than either of the PO resorts, so that's where they'll more likely offer discounts.

Just my guess!

I think so too. Although maybe Riverview Royal rooms might be available. They're pricey, so DW makes good money off of them if they can get Sell them at rack rate.

to book them together you have to call and the phones are crazy.
you could book 2 rooms on line and call to link the ressies later. on line booking often opens up earlier than the phone lines

Will we need to do this on two separate accounts or can we go through the process on the same account all at once? We're actually going to be booking one room for our family an done for Grandparents. So maybe we need to sign into their account for one?

I wonder if Disney will send a few of these Unique Offer Code (UOC or originally Pin Codes) for free dining :coffee:

We're hoping for September 9 to be a FD date, and then we'll stay for 2 weeks and uber to Universal 3 days (2 days between theme parks and one day at Volcano Bay).

We have 4 kids (17,15,13, and 9 when the trip happens), so Free Dining is the difference between going and not going. Fingers crossed! I guess I should go ahead and make the reservation and then hope to add FD when it comes available? 180 days for reservations is in 13 days so I won't know for sure when I make reservations. It's giving me irrational anxiety. I mean, it's a vacation, but I can't even think about anything else.
I know the feeling...and it happens every time we are planning a Disney Vacation!

I am so grateful for these boards. Trying to guess what Disney is going to do and why is always a mystery but it's interesting to see if the guesses end up being correct (like CBR and CSR included in FD because of construction). I'm planning two trips, one this year and one for next. We are staying off site this year, so no FD for us. Next year we need free dining, so I'm carefully watching for what is happening this year as a guide. And here's where the stress comes in because most of us are looking at last year to try and predict this year! It's such a coin toss. But I welcome the company of all you Disney folks, it makes it just a little bit less frustrating. Thanks for being here!

Now that you mention it, mine is gone too. I modified it to add waterparks and more to my tickets at some point, and now my modify button is gone. Well that sucks.

I can. I go to My Itinerary on MDE (online), then click View Details, then after waiting for the page to load (takes a few seconds) I get Change Reservation under my confirmation number, then under Vacation Offer, over on the right side, it says Change, and that takes me to another screen where I can change my reservation.

I can. I go to My Itinerary on MDE (online), then click View Details, then after waiting for the page to load (takes a few seconds) I get Change Reservation under my confirmation number, then under Vacation Offer, over on the right side, it says Change, and that takes me to another screen where I can change my reservation.
I had that, but I just checked again and it's gone. I used it once to change my tickets in my package. I now only have the cancel option. My guess (and it's just a guess) is that it might have disappeared because I already used the change feature once.

I had that, but I just checked again and it's gone. I used it once to change my tickets in my package. I now only have the cancel option. My guess (and it's just a guess) is that it might have disappeared because I already used the change feature once.

Maybe, I just checked again and it's still there for me although it takes a while for the page to load and the option to appear.

Hi everyone, joining this thread again this year! Last year I was on here as CandiceF but my kids voted for a name change, LOL! Did everyone notice that CBR is now giving everyone who stays there a $75 gift card per room for every night of your stay. I wonder how this will effect FD at CBR? We chose not to do FD last year because we really want POR and it wasn't available in November but I am joining this thread in case they add POR this year in November.:) I was thinking that POR would probably be excluded in November again but now I am not so sure with the new discount being offered at CBR. That could also sway my family toward CBR if you get FD and a $75.00 per night gift card.:rolleyes:

Hi everyone, joining this thread again this year! Last year I was on here as CandiceF but my kids voted for a name change, LOL! Did everyone notice that CBR is now giving everyone who stays there a $75 gift card per room for every night of your stay. I wonder how this will effect FD at CBR? We chose not to do FD last year because we really want POR and it wasn't available in November but I am joining this thread in case they add POR this year in November.:) I was thinking that POR would probably be excluded in November again but now I am not so sure with the new discount being offered at CBR. That could also sway my family toward CBR if you get FD and a $75.00 per night gift card.:rolleyes:

Hi Candace!

I remember you from last year. :) CBR could be a great deal if you can get that $75 gift card. I know the people who booked the FD bounceback last year are entitled to it, but I'm wondering if it's for people who book right now or in the near future, knowing about construction. I thought maybe the offer was for people who booked before the construction was announced. I'm not sure.....but if it's open to everyone regardless.....great deal!

Hi Candace!

I remember you from last year. :) CBR could be a great deal if you can get that $75 gift card. I know the people who booked the FD bounceback last year are entitled to it, but I'm wondering if it's for people who book right now or in the near future, knowing about construction. I thought maybe the offer was for people who booked before the construction was announced. I'm not sure.....but if it's open to everyone regardless.....great deal!

I would absolutely hop on CBR if I were able to get a $75 disney gift card every night. However, it sounds like we had to have already booked, and it is YMMV.

I would absolutely hop on CBR if I were able to get a $75 disney gift card every night. However, it sounds like we had to have already booked, and it is YMMV.
That's what I was thinking too. And if that's the case, much better to book another mod.

Hi Candace!

Hi Disneylover99!!:teeth: If you check the CBR website under details by the notice of construction it mentions that guests of CBR will receive a $75 gift card per night of there stay (1 per rom) upon checkin! I was wondering if it applied to guests already booked too, but it doesn't mention that you had to already have a stay booked at CBR! What do you think Disneylover99?

Honestly I have the feeling Cbr is not going to be included in FD this year. Since they have it on their website telling guests they get the 75 gift cards each night they stay. I'm guessing they will book up. I had CBR and moved when I heard of the construction (dumb move on my part but oh well) because I didn't think we would be compensated and didn't wanna pay so much and not have the amenities. But with the gift card offer I would have happily stayed there. I would have got 600 in gift cards, so I called and tried to get moved back and they had nothing available... im kicking myself for being so hasty and moving.

I checked the website, and here's the text when you click "more details" on the construction:

As a result, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay at check in. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World® Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions please visit DisneyGiftCard.com.

From the sounds of it, it seems it's available to those who stay at CBR during construction, regardless of when you booked.

Honestly I have the feeling Cbr is not going to be included in FD this year. Since they have it on their website telling guests they get the 75 gift cards each night they stay. I'm guessing they will book up. I had CBR and moved when I heard of the construction (dumb move on my part but oh well) because I didn't think we would be compensated and didn't wanna pay so much and not have the amenities. But with the gift card offer I would have happily stayed there. I would have got 600 in gift cards, so I called and tried to get moved back and they had nothing available... im kicking myself for being so hasty and moving.
Ugh! That's frustrating. You try to be pro-active and you end up losing out. What resort did you move to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter