2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by crazy4wdw, Nov 25, 2016.

1. tlynk

tlynk DIS Veteran

We are planning to attend in September! I know we are crazy but that seems like the best month for us with the exception of the heat.

2. loves to dive

loves to dive DIS Veteran

I've been in Sept. for the last 3 years. No worries, yes it's a tad warm but it will be fine.

brnrss34 and tlynk like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. GeorgiaHoo

GeorgiaHoo DIS Veteran

Looks like we'll be going the first/second week of November. Really enjoyed the F&W when we went in 2015 (last week of October). Hoping for ok crowds in November 2017.

5. julieFitz

julieFitz Mouseketeer

We have the option of going for the first few days or the last few days - which do you think is better? We don't mind the August/Sept heat.

6. loves to dive

loves to dive DIS Veteran

I've gone the first week for a couple of years (it's when my AP expired and I'm always trying to get in one more trip). The only problems I've found is that there aren't as many of the special events offered that first week, for some reason they tend to be better in October. I can't speak to the last week.

julieFitz likes this.
  7. JB Smooth

JB Smooth Earning My Ears

sorry for the stupid question, but can someone give me a simple explanation of what F&W festival is? We will be there during it for the first week of Nov and i was curious on what the details are.

do they offer tastings and samples for free or do you pay for everything?

is there something like an all you can eat or sample package?

How much are the tastings? im assuming they are small tapas portions.

TIA

8. likesdisney

likesdisney Mouseketeer

Does anyone remember when they announced the booth's and menus for F&W last year?

9. GeorgiaHoo

GeorgiaHoo DIS Veteran

Food booths spread across the various countries in Epcot. All types of different foods/desserts/drinks. Price ranges from I'd say around $3-$7 for food. No samples. Smallish portions but some items are large enough to be more than a snack if not quite a meal. Here's a link to a guy who did reviews of last year's offerings, including menus. http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/epcot-2016-food-and-wine-festival-reviews/. We really enjoyed some of the food when we were there in 2015 and are looking forward to it again this year in November. Can get really crowded on weekends. If you are on the Disney Dining Plan then almost all of the food items are a snack credit, which can be a really good value for some items.

I think there are some packages you can purchase but never done it, though I don't believe any of it is all-you-can-eat.

10. GeorgiaHoo

GeorgiaHoo DIS Veteran

gwynne likes this.
  11. useakiss

useakiss Am I there yet?

Just booked my Resort reservations for Sept 2-10. I'm scared of how hot it might be, but everything else about that time just works best for me. Part of why I've booked such a long vacation is so that I can take breaks from the heat. Totally looking forward to this event!

Cee and gwynne like this.
  12. Nhebron

Nhebron Mouseketeer

Just booked for the first week of November.

gwynne likes this.
  13. meower13

meower13 Earning My Ears

DH and I were shocked and delighted to find out our late August/early September trip we booked would include Food and Wine this year! that plus 36 snack credits make us two very happy bunnies!

Cee, gwynne and AngelDisney like this.
  14. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw Restaurant Board Moderator Moderator

June 13, 2016.

anita46, Ms. Heimlich and gwynne like this.
  15. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw Restaurant Board Moderator Moderator

If you like Halloween, the first portion of the festival will take place when the Halloween decorations are up at the MK and Mickey's Halloween Party will be scheduled. If you go during the last portion of the Festival, you will be able to see some of the Christmas decorations. In 2016, the first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was scheduled on 11/7 so most of the Magic Kingdom Christmas decorations would have been up.

julieFitz and gwynne like this.
  16. JDirrim

JDirrim Earning My Ears

SOOOO EXCITED!!!! My fiance and I will be starting our honeymoon off at WDW Sept 20-22 then we will get on a cruise! Excited we will be able to enjoy F&W while we are there!!

Ms. Heimlich, Gryhndmom and gwynne like this.
  17. Im_her_Mickey

Im_her_Mickey Earning My Ears

We're going to be there on our honeymoon the first week of October. Soooooo excited for F&W!

BEASLYBOO, Ms. Heimlich and gwynne like this.
  18. Tygerlilly

Tygerlilly Mouseketeer

I've been dying to go to this for a few years now, but either couldn't afford the trip or was pregnant for it, so I'm excited to finally make it this year! We will be there the second week of October, staying off site in a giant house with 11 Other family members.

Now to decide if I want to upgrade our tickets to annual passes or just stick with hoppers.

gwynne likes this.
  19. Daisybell911

Daisybell911 Looking for my Dinglehopper!

I'm so gosh darn excited! We are going 9/7-9/14 for my honeymoon AND my birthday. It makes it even better that my fiancé has never never been to WDW so this is going to be the best trip EVAR!!!!

Cee, BEASLYBOO, Ms. Heimlich and 2 others like this.
  20. jimmytammy

jimmytammy <font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br

Headed to F&W Oct. 12-20! Cant wait till they release the info for food booths and Eat to the Beat shows

ilovejsparrow and soniam like this.
  21. KNovacovschi

KNovacovschi DIS Veteran

Quick question. We usually go to F&W in September however this year we won't be able to go to Disney until Nov 12-18th and with the 13th being the last day of F&W I'm wondering what the last day is usually like. Do they still have all the food booths open and do they still have merchandise available. I don't drink so I'm not worried about the alcohol portion of it.