2014 - The best is Yet to Come - planning for the Anniversary Trip

I hope you are feeling better soon Ruth!

And OMG!!! I love everything you made!!! Love the bag and the pouches! And that sweatshirt is waaaay awesome too!!! Great job!

I hope your office is back to rights again soon, and then you can resume your Dis time. :thumbsup2

D~

Hey, I could use your cleaning skills helping out with our condo flip. I've been washing walls, baseboards, doors etc. You are right, though, I never thought about all the plexi-glass in a museum...:faint: I hope the carpet is all in and you can have your computer back and running.

Thank you for posting the pics of your handiwork. I love them all, especially the large Mickey bag! And you're sending them ALL away?? Hope you make some for yourself as well.

Yes, your trip is right around the corner. There seems to always be so much to do at the last minute, but I'm sure you'll make it in fine fashion. We leave in two days and I'm needing to do sooo much! But what doesn't get done won't bother me. I've learned to just go with it and not let it get to me. Anyway, I probably won't be back on the DIS before my trip and definitely not during my trip, so I just say now I hope you have a wonderful time at Disney and I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your trip and comparing notes!

I hope you are feeling better soon Ruth!

And OMG!!! I love everything you made!!! Love the bag and the pouches! And that sweatshirt is waaaay awesome too!!! Great job!

I hope your office is back to rights again soon, and then you can resume your Dis time. :thumbsup2

D~

I am feeling better, but that may be because I have had my last antibiotic and I HATE those things.

Office is carpeted, put back together and much cleaner. So - I'm back on the DIs!!

The sweatshirt came out pretty cool, if I do say so myself. I wasn't sure if just spritzing would look right, but it's just about perfect for a dreamy version of the house and balloons.

Hey, I could use your cleaning skills helping out with our condo flip. I've been washing walls, baseboards, doors etc. You are right, though, I never thought about all the plexi-glass in a museum...:faint: I hope the carpet is all in and you can have your computer back and running.

Thank you for posting the pics of your handiwork. I love them all, especially the large Mickey bag! And you're sending them ALL away?? Hope you make some for yourself as well.

Yes, your trip is right around the corner. There seems to always be so much to do at the last minute, but I'm sure you'll make it in fine fashion. We leave in two days and I'm needing to do sooo much! But what doesn't get done won't bother me. I've learned to just go with it and not let it get to me. Anyway, I probably won't be back on the DIS before my trip and definitely not during my trip, so I just say now I hope you have a wonderful time at Disney and I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your trip and comparing notes!

I know you're on your trip, so I hope you're having a fabulous time!!

I have separation anxiety, a psychological scar from when I was a baby (nothing too serious, but it does go to show that even the first months of a baby's life can have life-long repercussions) so I get very stressed about leaving the pets, house, family...all that. The good part is that once we get outside of Birmingham Metro area that all goes away because there's not much I can do anyway at that point and relaxation becomes a way of life for the next how-ever-many days.

4 days holy crow :cool1: get over feeling sick and after all that cleaning & sewing you need a break Weather has not been bad ( I think the highest it got was mid 90's this summer ) right now it's in the 70's and humidity level is not stifling. Remember to bring your ponchos if you like to use them because that's pretty much what has been going on lately...nothing torrential just the PIA chance of something everyday.

Hope we talk soon :goodvibes

4 days holy crow :cool1: get over feeling sick and after all that cleaning & sewing you need a break Weather has not been bad ( I think the highest it got was mid 90's this summer ) right now it's in the 70's and humidity level is not stifling. Remember to bring your ponchos if you like to use them because that's pretty much what has been going on lately...nothing torrential just the PIA chance of something everyday.

Hope we talk soon :goodvibes

Well, I'm almost positive the 'sick' is actually my back acting up. I'm going to the chiropractor tomorrow.

I'll be bringing my rain coat, but it's about time for some new ponchos, so that may be on the souvenir list. Along with as much of the new HM merchandise as I can justify. Or afford. :rolleyes:

Luvchefmic said it, 4 days and while it seems like both forever and not enough time, we're coming, ready or not FL!!

I did get some sewing done this past weekend: a Deadpool bag, a MB cover so I don't break out from my own sweat and a "Thanks for letting us crash here" tote for my SIL. I can hear Lois now -"But where are the pictures?!?" Cale has already packed the camera, that's where the pictures are. I have a couple on my phone, but I haven't emptied that into the computer lately, so they are still there.

I'm feeling mostly better, enough so that I think that I can tell my back is acting up and that's some of my issue. I'm going to call the Dr office again to see about my results, etc this afternoon.

These last couple of days are going to be insane. I keep track of my Mom's finances, and there are a couple of things I need to take care of before we go. I need to mop the kitchen - my MIL comes over to check the house and take the mail in and my kitchen floor is a mess. I'm blaming the cat, as she has finally figured out how to get on top of the refrigerator and may be knocking things down. At work I really need to sign off on a project before I go because we need implementation no later than November 1st. And Cale is working extra hours to reduce the need for time taken.

I still need to pick up a couple of medications (allergy and acid reflux) before we go and water an snacks for the trip.

All of this before Thursday, because we head down to Greenville and SILs house after work. At least Cale takes care of getting the pets to the vet. And he's already set that up.

Wish me luck.

Bummer - I was so looking forward to pictures! :)

Sounds like a crazy few days ahead of you! I hope you are able to get everything done! It's going to be an amazing time anyways! WHOOOT!!!

D~

I know you're on your trip and I'm hoping you felt better before you left, got everything done you wanted to, and your back isn't acting up! I haven't been on the DIS since I got back except once to say I was back and then today. I'm working at the Condo and trying to get out to visit our parents, get groceries, do laundry, the usual after vacation.

I was just thinking that if Dan's work hadn't wanted him to change his vacation, we would be there now and could have met you and Cale! Hoping for one day. Have a great time!!

ETA: Oh, and yes, I would have asked about the pictures!! lol

Hi Ruth! How was your trip? I hope it was everything you'd hoped and that you both were well. I'll check back in with you another day. Have a good one!

Today, along with being Mole Day, is Cale and My anniversary. We've been married 10 years, mostly good, a little bad, and most often goofy.

This morning Cale surprised me with a video that he had made. He is sometimes so arty and thoughtful and sweet and romantic. As I watched a learned a few things. 1 - we have a lot of pictures of us together at Disney - always the selfie kind. 2 - I've gained a whole bunch of weight and need to get my life back under my control and 3 - my darling artistic husband can't spell. :) Of course the whole thought of a special video just for me made me cry - the irony that it was made by the man who STILL has not seen our wedding video because it'll make HIM cry not lost on me though.

It did kind of make me feel like a heel, though, because all I had was a store-bought card and an Aaron Rogers Christmas tree ornament. In my defense, I found it literally the day after he was bemoaning the fact that he could not find any Aaron Rogers or Cam Newton figures to add to his set of Football Players He Really Likes, which includes Tony Romo, Marshall Falk and Kurt Warner.

Anyway - 10 years is a pretty long time, but we both have longevity in the marriage models of our lives. His mom and dad - through a BUNCH of ups and downs that continue to this day - have been married over 50 years! For my mom and dad (and eldest sister) it was until death us do part. For Mom and Dad for over 40 years, until his death in 1999. DSis lost her first husband to complications of Leukemia in 1993, remarried in 1999 and that one is still going super strong (through a kitchen remodel) DSIL and DBIL have been married for 25+ years as well.

I'm still learning things about Cale everyday and come to love him more: even when I'm annoyed by whatever he's doing.

Okay - Mushiness over. I'll start the TR part of this Pt/TR soon: I promise. I'm about over avoiding thinking about being sick at Disney and am ready to talk about it.

Aw ! I had a crappy day and your love for each other turned it all around :love:

Happy Anniversary my dear friends !!

Awww... I loved hearing about the recap of your marriage... You guys are such an inspriation to anyone! And I am so happy for you that you found eachother. Happy belated 10th Anniversary! :woohoo:

I just stopped by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! :hug:

disney-thanksgiving.jpg

D~

Thanks Ruthie & D~!

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was happy and healthy. Mine was a peaceful oasis in the ongoing craziness that has become my life at work. :sad2:

Countdown to Christmas is happening now and I have set so many goals for myself I need to take a week just to make it happen. I think I've got three days, over all. Just like Sam the Eagle's grand finale in Muppetvision.

Stopping by to wish you a...

Merry Christmas!

Disney-Christmas-disney-32956752-1024-768.jpg

D~

Thank you for the holiday wishes.

So, to continue the pretense of a trip report, here's the basic theme for the days we were at Disney in September:

Day 1 - Rain: Ponchos before Main Street
Day 2 - EPCOT and MNSSHP with Guest Stars
Day 3 - Hollywood Studios morning, sick afternoon
Day 4 - Animal Kingdom death march morning; much better evening
Day 5 - Magic Kingdom take two, sick evening
Day 6 - OMG I'm dying!! - It's just a 24 hour bug, sleep and you'll be better
Day 7 - Wow, it really was just 24 hours and happy birthday
Day 8 - Final Day, a beautiful ending to a less than beautiful week.

There may be time for a more detailed recap after the holidays if anyone is still interested.

Well - I suck.

Bad work mojo happened after the holidays - so bad I'm sending out resumes. I love my job, am good at what I do, but there have been some organizational changes that, to be perfectly honest, if not checked soon may have the ultimate result of downgrading the organization, if not destroying it all together.

ANYWAY - our annual trip for 2015 is only a few weeks away and I haven't done anything except the daily highlights for the 2014 trip. Which really does boil everything down to the essence of everyday.

I hope everyone is well (which for most of you I keep up with elsewhere and can pretty much say - everyone's still kicking, which in this day is no small feat.)

Disney wishes to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter