2014 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ: Vacationing in Grand Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickeynut - I need pedicure, but I am sooooo looking forward to those flip flops...trying to shop for new ones now, but it doesn't seem like there are many out yet.

LOL on needing a pedicure. I could use one as well, but I'm always too excited when the weather warms up after it being so cold for so long that I don't even care what my toes look like :rotfl::rotfl:. With that said, since the weather is FINALLY starting to feel like spring, the pedicure will come very soon :goodvibes.

We are at 100 today!!! We are all excited for our first Grand stay!

Your trip will be here before you know it and you are going to LOVE the GF :wizard:.

99 days for us!!!!! So excited!!!! Double digits!!!!!!!

:cool1:

Very excited - just finalized our reservation for a 2 bedroom at VGF for Oct 8-14. We were wait listed for the night of the 9th and it just came though today! We usually say at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and have stayed at the Poly and at WL but have never stayed at the Grand so this is very exciting for us - 4 adults and 2 girls 10 and 11. We're planning a day or 2 at the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP on one night. I'm hoping to get a reservation for dinner at Be Our Guest. We enjoyed it very much in January. Any suggestions for any other restaurants at or near the GF? I'm enjoying this board and the great photos. Thanks!

Congrats on being able to snag a 2 bedroom villa. We've stayed at the Poly, WL, & AKL and while all 3 are great resorts (with the Poly being our favorite overall), the GF is just as amazing and I'm sure you will love it :goodvibes.

Hi fellow Disney lovers,
We will be staying in the GF for the first time this summer and we are pretty excited. I went to Disney 3 times as a kid. We always stayed offsite. This will be the 7th time my DH and I have taken our kids. We have previously stayed at Poly (2), POR (2), CB (1), and the Swan (1). The Poly holds the favorite resort for us because of the theme, location, volcano pool, and the self serve Dole Whip machine. My parents are joining us this time and we were originally going to stay at POR again but they wanted to try a resort on the monorail so they offered to pay the difference. Naturally, we wanted to stay at The Poly, but they didn't have any standard rooms available but they did at The GF!! I never thought that we would get the chance to stay at this beautiful resort. When we would ride the monorail to the MK and would stop at the GF, I would daydream about staying there. I really hope it exceeds our expectations.
Even though our kids have been there so many times, they are still as excited as if it were their first trip. We started going when they were really young. As they get older (and taller), we get to experience new adventures and attractions. Last year was the first year we could ride Splash Mountain and it quickly became a favorite for us. I can't wait to see what new things we can try this year!
I am looking forward to trying out the Magic Bands. I hope the FP+ is as good as it sounds!
Sorry for the long post!

You are going to love the GF :wizard:. As I mentioned above, the Poly is our favorite, but the GF runs a very close second. Everything about the Grand is amazing. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Just booked our Club level Theme park view vacation for November! It has been too long- Last visit was July 2012

:cheer2:

We just booked our club level theme park view November trip too!

:cool1:

I am going to make the reservation! Every time we go to Disney, we say "someday" we'll try it...we said we'd go for our 20th anniversary (didn't happen), then it was for our 25th (didn't happen), then last year, we said for our 30th...well, since there are no guarantees in life, there's no time like the present! 29 years is a good enough number for me.

I hope you enjoy V&A :).

We are here!

Hope you're having a great time :goodvibes.

Sorry I've been MIA had a slight accident, went grocery shopping on Sat and the trunk lid fell and hit my face & shoulder so I've been recuperating( nothing major just a sore cheek & shoulder surprisingly I only have a tine black n blue mark on my shoulder) ..So I'm here in my soggy part of PA dreaming of WDW and the GF

Hey Mickey, Everything is good here just a little soggy at the moment

Hi ahcupcake :wave:. Sorry about your accident....I hope you are feeling better :flower3:.

We have had a lot of rain here, too, but I think spring has finally arrived. The sun is shining and the temps are supposed to be in the 60s all week :sunny:.

mickeynut grannyminnie and k&a&c'smom Are you girls out and about and enjoying some spring weather now that its finally arrived...

I am loving this weather!!! The flip flops are out and the capris are easily accessible for our 65 degree temps this week :laughing:.

I linked up my tickets from UT today on MDE...easy peasy lemon squeezy

Glad you were able to get your tickets linked on MDE :thumbsup2.

We are headed back in 23 days, staying SL for four nights. Plan on making it a resort heavy trip with 3 out of 4 dinners (Citricos, V&A Queen Victoria Room, and Narcoosee's) and we have a cabana booked for a day, as well.

Can't wait!

Have a great trip :wizard:.

~ Still no luck with the Anna and Elsa FPP...but I wil keep trying!

Good luck with FP+.....I hope you are able to get it pixiedust:.

Hello, my Grand friends!:wave: I've been busy with tax prep the last few days, finally finished.:crazy2: I'm never this late, I was starting to feel kind of nervous.

I don't have any of the social media accounts! Not into twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Foursquare, nuttin'.:laughing:

Yay for the taxes being done :thumbsup2. That can get very frustrating, especially if you run into any problems along the way :headache:.

You're not the only one.....no twitter, Facebook, etc. for me either.

Bummer about that chair! Any chance the room you toured was a connecting room? I am *hoping* that is the key to getting a chair. We have requested a non-connecting room for sound reasons but would LOVE to have the chair as an added bonus!!!!

Sounds like you are having a "Grand" vacation. Enjoy :beach:

The room we viewed was not a connecting room.

Indeed, we are aware of the "sound reasons." ;)

Off to Epcot....

All the best. :thumbsup2

Yes, we are having a "grand time" in our suite. Thank you!

Glad you're having a great time :goodvibes.

I had to laugh about the social media accounts. I too have shunned all social media accounts and feeds. I do not want the drama, the pressure of responding, or (aahhheem-clearing throat) anyone from my past hunting me down....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: If I want to talk to anyone, I will call, text, or email them. Otherwise....I am happy not to be included in all that craziness :joker:

These are my thoughts as well and I had to laugh about your comment about not wanting anyone from your past hunting you down :laughing:. I'm the same way......I don't care to be involved in all of the craziness and/or be tracked down from others.......I call, text, or email anyone I want to talk to ;).

Good Morning :wave2:
ahcupcake Ouch! Glad you are doing ok after your accident..and on the mend... I knew that you would have lots of V&A info to share given the amount of times that you have dined there! Its always about the food!!! As for those clownys!!!! :faint: Don't evah want to see one of those in my room!!! lol....

Had to edit..over on my smilies yet again!!!! LOL...
Thanks Blue......Well it is my FAVORITE restaurant and I don't mean just in WDW.I'm having serious V&A withdrawls...Aw come on you know you LOVE those clownys ;):joker::rolleyes1 They need an evil grin smilie I could use it here

ahcupcake - sorry, but I don't have any of the social media accounts! Not into twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Foursquare, nuttin'.:laughing: If you PM me the link, I'll be glad to add it to the first page.:thumbsup2
Ok I'll PM you the links as soon as I get this posted

LOL on needing a pedicure. I could use one as well, but I'm always too excited when the weather warms up after it being so cold for so long that I don't even care what my toes look like :rotfl::rotfl:. With that said, since the weather is FINALLY starting to feel like spring, the pedicure will come very soon :goodvibes.

Hi ahcupcake :wave:. Sorry about your accident....I hope you are feeling better :flower3:.

We have had a lot of rain here, too, but I think spring has finally arrived. The sun is shining and the temps are supposed to be in the 60s all week :sunny:.
Oooo a pedicure I could use one of those, my feet look nasty. Need my toes looking purty for my NYC trip next month.......Thanks MickeyNut cheek is still a little sore..Rain is a sure sign of Spring and temps are supposed to get to the low 70s later this week and I've had no robin sightings yet

That's it! we've booked a split stay YC and then GF CL sugarloaf!!!!

Yay! So excited! But,....just wondering what kind of room request,or if I even need to add it. We for sure want a balcony. That's it really. Do we need to request a balcony? I guess I would prefer a higher floor rather than a ground level patio, so does that sound about right? Upper floor, full balcony?

And, one last thing, what level is the CL lounge?

Thanks!!!!!!!:yay::yay:

Yay! So excited! But,....just wondering what kind of room request,or if I even need to add it. We for sure want a balcony. That's it really. Do we need to request a balcony? I guess I would prefer a higher floor rather than a ground level patio, so does that sound about right? Upper floor, full balcony?

You are going to have a fantastic time at SL!!

The lounge is on the first floor. Upper floor and full balcony tells them what they need to know about your preferences. You can also request the side of the building you want. One side faces the marina, Sago Cay and the Monorail. The other side looks out over the courtyard gardens and pool. Both views are lovely. I requested marina side and enjoyed looking out at the water and Monorail. Another tip is that if you check in early in the day and your preferred room is not ready they will offer you a clean and ready room. They offered me a dormer room on the fourth floor, but I elected to wait and was very happy I did.

Enjoy the anticipation!

Thanks Circusgirl! Oooooooh----both views sound nice.... I don't know....I think I would like either one. Our lil boy might prefer the marina/monorail view...hmmmmmm

Oooo a pedicure I could use one of those, my feet look nasty. Need my toes looking purty for my NYC trip next month.......Thanks MickeyNut cheek is still a little sore..Rain is a sure sign of Spring and temps are supposed to get to the low 70s later this week and I've had no robin sightings yet

Hope your cheek feels better soon :hug:. A NYC trip....how exciting :yay:....have a great time!!

What a great split......the best of both worlds :goodvibes. I agree with Circusgirl that both views from SL are great. We had a marina view and I loved it.....but a courtyard view would be just as nice, IMO :wizard:.

That's it! we've booked a split stay YC and then GF CL sugarloaf!!!! Yay! So excited! But,....just wondering what kind of room request,or if I even need to add it. We for sure want a balcony. That's it really. Do we need to request a balcony? I guess I would prefer a higher floor rather than a ground level patio, so does that sound about right? Upper floor, full balcony? And, one last thing, what level is the CL lounge? Thanks!!!!!!!:yay::yay:
Hi everyone! Congrats on your upcoming trips!! We just booked our vacation and we are doing a split
Stay (gf and YC) as well!!!! We are so excited and counting down to our stay!!!

Hey all! :wave2: Congratulations to all those booking a stay.

There's another excited party here!

We are just three weeks from the start of our vacation and a month away from Mickey's Place. The thought of the GF in the Spring is just gorgeous. We have had several days of rain - steady, grey rain. So, with thoughts of the trip in my head, I ventured forth to buy new swimwear. I actually found two things that didn't make me look ridiculous! The next item on my list is to book a cabana day! You can't have the trial of trying on swimwear without a rainbow at the end. :goodvibes

We are also staying for the first time this summer! We've also done a few stays at poly and have dreamed of a GF stay!!!! I understand your excitement! When in the summer will you be there? We are staying in July.

Also staying at GF for first time after a few stays at Poly. We were originally booked at Poly again, but we found out the volcano pool would be closed during our time there so we switched it up. I've heard nothing but great things about this resort- but part of me is afraid it will be too "fancy" for my boys. Please tell me it's as kid friendly as Poly?!?

Hi Everyone!!:wave2:

Friends of mine just got their Magic Bands!! I am so excited for them.....but I want mine!!! lol lol!!! Still some time to wait!!!:coffee::hourglass

Also staying at GF for first time after a few stays at Poly. We were originally booked at Poly again, but we found out the volcano pool would be closed during our time there so we switched it up. I've heard nothing but great things about this resort- but part of me is afraid it will be too "fancy" for my boys. Please tell me it's as kid friendly as Poly?!?

That's exactly why we switched as well but we are thrilled that we did. We have only stayed at Poly with DD3 - spoiled I know! But we bought AP in January and decided during our "year of Disney" we would try other places out! The construction at Poly didn't really make us move but we didn't really want to deal with that either. We are doing AKL next month, GL SL in July and then a split between YC and WL in the fall! All hotels are going to be kid friendly - it's Disney! We think that DD3 is going to love the pools and the character meals! We rented a cabana which will be a blast - and you can't forget the monorail there too! DD3 loves riding that at and the boat around! You'll love it, I'm sure!!!

I am so excited for you happymomof1 !!! Our plans sound similiar we are a staying in sugarloaf too!!!!

I'm so excited to try out SL for the first time in July! It has always felt out of reach for us to even stay at GF let alone try out the amazing food and atmosphere of CL! :-) So excited!!!

ahcupcake - sorry about your accident, hope you are all better soon.:hug: I added your link to the "Suite Photos" post.

Isn't is awesome when your taxes are finished? Such a load off your shoulders. I had to laugh about the social media accounts. I too have shunned all social media accounts and feeds. I do not want the drama, the pressure of responding, or (aahhheem-clearing throat) anyone from my past hunting me down....:rotfl2: If I want to talk to anyone, I will call, text, or email them. Otherwise....I am happy not to be included in all that craziness :joker:

YES!! So glad to get the taxes finished - I had 9 returns, counting Fed & State (one kid had 2 state returns, ick).:faint:

LOL about not wanting anyone from your past to hunt you down - good thinkin'!;) I just don't have enough interesting things to say, I'm really pretty boring. Can't imagine having to keep up with all that nonsense. lol

LOL on needing a pedicure. I could use one as well, but I'm always too excited when the weather warms up after it being so cold for so long that I don't even care what my toes look like :rotfl:. With that said, since the weather is FINALLY starting to feel like spring, the pedicure will come very soon :goodvibes.

Yay for the taxes being done :thumbsup2. That can get very frustrating, especially if you run into any problems along the way :headache:.

I'm with you, I usually end up wearing flops or other sandals before I get a pedicure, I'm just too anxious to get the party started.;) Speaking of pedicures - I lost my nail lady a couple years ago, she moved away, and I have yet to find anyone who does as good a job.:headache: First world problems, right?!:laughing:

These are my thoughts as well and I had to laugh about your comment about not wanting anyone from your past hunting you down :laughing:. I'm the same way......I don't care to be involved in all of the craziness and/or be tracked down from others.......I call, text, or email anyone I want to talk to ;).

LOL! We need to start a club. Not the "He Man, Woman Haters Club" - we need an equally great title.:p

Thanks Circusgirl! Oooooooh----both views sound nice.... I don't know....I think I would like either one. Our lil boy might prefer the marina/monorail view...hmmmmmm

Both views are lovely, maybe you would prefer to leave it to pixie dust and see which one you get.pixiedust:

Hi everyone! Congrats on your upcoming trips!! We just booked our vacation and we are doing a split
Stay (gf and YC) as well!!!! We are so excited and counting down to our stay!!!

YC and GF are a great split, love it!!

Hey all! :wave2: Congratulations to all those booking a stay.

There's another excited party here!

We are just three weeks from the start of our vacation and a month away from Mickey's Place. The thought of the GF in the Spring is just gorgeous. We have had several days of rain - steady, grey rain. So, with thoughts of the trip in my head, I ventured forth to buy new swimwear. I actually found two things that didn't make me look ridiculous! The next item on my list is to book a cabana day! You can't have the trial of trying on swimwear without a rainbow at the end. :goodvibes

:laughing: You absolutely deserve a rainbow after that angst! Just one month to go, woohoo!!:cool1:

YAY for your first GF stay. You will love it, the Grand is very kid friendly - just take a look at the new pool features, they are now all geared to children.

Hi Everyone!!:wave2:

Friends of mine just got their Magic Bands!! I am so excited for them.....but I want mine!!! lol lol!!! Still some time to wait!!!:hourglass

Have fun with the anticipation, hope yours arrive soon.:goodvibes

That's exactly why we switched as well but we are thrilled that we did. We have only stayed at Poly with DD3 - spoiled I know! But we bought AP in January and decided during our "year of Disney" we would try other places out! The construction at Poly didn't really make us move but we didn't really want to deal with that either. We are doing AKL next month, GL SL in July and then a split between YC and WL in the fall! All hotels are going to be kid friendly - it's Disney! We think that DD3 is going to love the pools and the character meals! We rented a cabana which will be a blast - and you can't forget the monorail there too! DD3 loves riding that at and the boat around! You'll love it, I'm sure!!!

I'm so excited to try out SL for the first time in July! It has always felt out of reach for us to even stay at GF let alone try out the amazing food and atmosphere of CL! :-) So excited!!!

"Year of Disney" - love it!:cloud9: I'm so happy for you, getting to stay at a resort you have dreamed of, here's hoping you have a magical, Grand vacation.pixiedust:

Quick questions: do SL CL rooms have nespresso machines,and, is water, soda and coffee available from lounge 24hrs a day?

Also, pls let me know if any of you CL frequenters have trip reports or photos posted of CL lounge and rooms. Almost all pics on concierge photo thread are of Flicker and Photobucket pics that have been removed and are no longer visible.
Thanks for all your help!

That's exactly why we switched as well but we are thrilled that we did. We have only stayed at Poly with DD3 - spoiled I know! But we bought AP in January and decided during our "year of Disney" we would try other places out! The construction at Poly didn't really make us move but we didn't really want to deal with that either. We are doing AKL next month, GL SL in July and then a split between YC and WL in the fall! All hotels are going to be kid friendly - it's Disney! We think that DD3 is going to love the pools and the character meals! We rented a cabana which will be a blast - and you can't forget the monorail there too! DD3 loves riding that at and the boat around! You'll love it, I'm sure!!! I'm so excited to try out SL for the first time in July! It has always felt out of reach for us to even stay at GF let alone try out the amazing food and atmosphere of CL! :-) So excited!!!

You do have an awesome year of fun planned!

Quick questions: do SL CL rooms have nespresso machines,and, is water, soda and coffee available from lounge 24hrs a day?

Also, pls let me know if any of you CL frequenters have trip reports or photos posted of CL lounge and rooms. Almost all pics on concierge photo thread are of Flicker and Photobucket pics that have been removed and are no longer visible.
Thanks for all your help!

The in-room coffee makers in all the regular rooms (non-suites) are Cuisinart 2-cup models; photo on the first page, in the "Guest Room Photos" post (post #4).

The CL rooms are identical to the regular rooms, except for deluxe rooms, suites, etc. Photos on the first page, in the Guest Room Photos post.

There are links to photos and video of the CL lounges on the first page, I will add it for you here.:flower3:

You do have an awesome year of fun planned!

Thanks! We decided to just "go for it" this year - we are trying to hit as many big things this year as we can - and so that we wouldn't be sad at the end of our Nov trip we put a deposit down on a cruise for summer 2015 - I figure we can pick our two favorite resorts from this year for before and after the cruise! Now - after July 2015 I may go into serious Disney-withdrawl!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter