2014 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ: Vacationing in Grand Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
followthatmouse - :goodvibes

Hello! On the main page of this thread there are photos of a deluxe room in the main building. It shows a lovely deep tub with the caption "garden tub". Do you know if the deluxe rooms in the outer buildings have that type of tub as well?

As trishadono posted, the king deluxe rooms (main building) are different than the outer building deluxe rooms. There are links to photos of the outer bldg. deluxe rooms at the top of the "deluxe" post - other than the turret seating area, they are the same as a standard garden view room.

The king deluxe rooms have two types; the rectangular rooms over Gasparilla's have balconies with MK views and a Jacuzzi tub. The octagonal (or turret) rooms are larger with no balcony, but a large walk in closet and the garden tub you mentioned, and overlook either the courtyard or Beach Pool area.

HTH!:sunny:

Well ladies, funny (sad?) story: we've been staying at the Grand almost exclusively since 2002, and we've made many happy memories there. So, I just got the chance to show DD the room refurb photos, and SHE STARTED CRYING...I felt so bad for her! She really hates the new decor, I mean REALLY hates it...14-year-old girl = mood swings and drama! ;)

Seriously, though, I do feel for her and everyone else who is disappointed with the new decor. I still miss the royal blue and gold Alice theme from Conch Key...:(

Hopefully, by the time we get to go back, probably next fall, she will have had enough time to get used to it.

:sunny:

It is a beautiful weekend here so far!! A little windy but upper 50s, I'll take it!!

We are having nice weather this weekend, too ::yes::. Temps were in the mid 50s today with more of the same tomorrow. I was actually able to wear flip flops and capris, so I'm hoping we start seeing more of these warmer temps in the weeks to come :sunny:.

Well ladies, funny (sad?) story: we've been staying at the Grand almost exclusively since 2002, and we've made many happy memories there. So, I just got the chance to show DD the room refurb photos, and SHE STARTED CRYING...I felt so bad for her! She really hates the new decor, I mean REALLY hates it...14-year-old girl = mood swings and drama! ;)

Seriously, though, I do feel for her and everyone else who is disappointed with the new decor. I still miss the royal blue and gold Alice theme from Conch Key...:(

Hopefully, by the time we get to go back, probably next fall, she will have had enough time to get used to it.

I'm sorry your DD doesn't like the new decor, but I can relate as I don't like it either :(. But, like many have said, the GF is still Grand as the grounds are beautiful and the atmosphere is very relaxing, so I hope your DD can still enjoy the GF on your next trip :flower3:.

I found a link that has the Citricos wine list, if that helps. Not sure how old it is, I can tell you the wines are marked up quite a lot - but that is true of any restaurant, lol.

We've had the Veuve Clicquot Brut, it's pretty good and the mark up percentage is less than, say, the Gruet. The M&C Imperial half isn't too high, not sure how many people will be sharing - it's a slightly sweeter sparkling wine, but a lot of people like it. The Fairy Tale Cuvee is nice, not sure of the mark up there.

If you want to make a bigger splash, I heartily recommend the Ruinart.;)

Thank you, thank you!! I search everywhere for a list like this and couldn't find it!! Of course you have it!!!!:worship:

Thanks for all the recommendations too!! She'll love any of those!!

Thats so sad!!!! I don't like change either!!! I hope she gets used to it or finds something she likes about it!!!

BTW - I have a 17 year old!! I hear ya!!

pas, we were posting at the same time!:teeth: :hug:

Hey what is going on here...lol...I am your posting partner...;)

:thumbsup2 Excellent :hug:

pas :crowded: Welcome to the posting at the same time club! k&a&c'smom and I seem to do that often! lol...

Just wondering, Is there a fee for rollaway beds? Thanks :)

Yes..there is no charge to have a roll away in the room...but..most regular rooms at the GF accomodate 5..and there are two queen beds along with a day bed...There is however a charge if there are more than 2 adults in a room...

MickeyNut I know that your flip flops are out...Has spring finally arrived! :tiptoe:

Wishes Another thought about sending champagne to your friends..the Disney Florist has some very nice champagne..or wine packages..they will deliver to restaurants on property too...:goodvibes

grannyminnie Now that you have your new GF ressie what have you planned..Did you do your FPPs...and how about some dining...?? Its always about the food! Or are you just planning on being a lounge lizard..and relaxing more that running?? Inquiring mind..as usual...lol...

phyllis Maybe once you all see the newly refurbished rooms in person you and especially your DD will feel differently... I really wasnt a big fan of the most recent refurb prior to this current one..but it never detracted from my overall enjoyment our stays at the GF...

~ Just wanted to mention..at 60 days...in the wee hours of the morning no FPP for Anna and Elsa :confused: ...We are big Frozen fans.. and I foolishly mention to my DD that there was a meet and greet for them... she was excited about the prospect...lol...oh well...I see that they must be super popular...

Spring has finally arrived here...:wizard: Its about time!

Hope that you are all having a super grand Sunday! :earsgirl:

~ Just wanted to mention..at 60 days...in the wee hours of the morning no FPP for Anna and Elsa :confused: ...Since we have watched Frozen a few times since we bought it recently :blush:.. and I foolishly mention to my DD that there was a meet and greet for them... she was excited about the prospect...lol...oh well...I see that they must be super popular...

Spring has finally arrived here...:wizard: Its about time!

Hope that you are all having a super grand Sunday! :earsgirl:

Did you try booking a FP for one person at a time for E&A? That worked for us when we weren't able to get one. Our times are about 5 minutes different but the overlap for 55 minutes. Sometimes that works!

Ferrentinos Thanks so much for the idea! Didnt do that ..but I will be trying to do just that shortly! :goodvibes

Did you try booking a FP for one person at a time for E&A? That worked for us when we weren't able to get one. Our times are about 5 minutes different but the overlap for 55 minutes. Sometimes that works!

So glad I just read this!! Thanks for the tip! :-). We have 6 people total, so maybe I'll try 2 at a time first and see what I can get. If not, the plan is to head there in standby the morning we have an 8:00 ADR with a 9:00 park opening.

So glad I just read this!! Thanks for the tip! :-). We have 6 people total, so maybe I'll try 2 at a time first and see what I can get. If not, the plan is to head there in standby the morning we have an 8:00 ADR with a 9:00 park opening.

I hope that you are successful! You could also try to get them for a later day in your trip - we are going to try for them early in the trip (for our July trip) and then just keep trying for each MK day we have planned. Maybe by the end of your trip, there will be one available! Although going straight there at RD would result in a pretty low wait I would think. :-) Good luck!

Mydd19 loved the pics of the new room but when I told her the volcano is getting taken out at poly she was:furious:

It's so sad :sad1:when they lose their favorite thing. Then again if we didn't spoil them and take them to disney so often they wouldn't have that problem ....:rotfl2:

MickeyNut I know that your flip flops are out...Has spring finally arrived! :tiptoe:

~ Just wanted to mention..at 60 days...in the wee hours of the morning no FPP for Anna and Elsa :confused: ...We are big Frozen fans.. and I foolishly mention to my DD that there was a meet and greet for them... she was excited about the prospect...lol...oh well...I see that they must be super popular...

You know me too well :laughing:. I was actually able to wear capris and flip flops yesterday as the temps were in the high 50s :cool1:. I haven't seen any forecasts for this week, but I hope spring is finally here as I have had it with these cold temps :headache:.

I'm sorry FPP didn't work out for Anna and Elsa.....I hope you have luck with doing them one at a time as Ferrentinos suggested :goodvibes.

We are having nice weather this weekend, too ::yes::. Temps were in the mid 50s today with more of the same tomorrow. I was actually able to wear flip flops and capris, so I'm hoping we start seeing more of these warmer temps in the weeks to come :sunny:.
OOOOOoooooooOOOOOO flipflops, now you're talking :goodvibes

pas :crowded: Welcome to the posting at the same time club! k&a&c'smom and I seem to do that often! lol...

:rotfl: You were busy, I was subbing ;)

Mydd19 loved the pics of the new room but when I told her the volcano is getting taken out at poly she was:furious:

It's so sad :sad1:when they lose their favorite thing. Then again if we didn't spoil them and take them to disney so often they wouldn't have that problem ....:rotfl2:

Same for our boys! They really loved the new GF room photos. They also like the new Poly decor, but they like the Poly in any state, so that isn't surprising! Unfortunately, the CM who took us back to Hawaii earlier this week told our boys that the volcano is staying and will not be removed or altered. I asked if he was sure because I heard it would be removed. I say "unfortunately" because now our boys refuse to believe me when I say that credible sources report the volcano is going, and they will not be happy when it's gone!

We didn't get the chance to walk through GF like I hoped because the boys were too excited to get back to Hawaii for snacks and into the pool. So I thought we'd just enjoy our Poly time and start fresh in January with our GF stay. They did get a great view of the new construction-free GF from the monorail, and all were impressed!

OOOOOoooooooOOOOOO flipflops, now you're talking :goodvibes

Gotta love those flip flops ::yes::. I will wear them as long as I can, even when temps are only in the 50s (and sometimes mid to high 40s :rolleyes1).......it's a very sad day when I have to put them away for winter :sad:.

Thats so sad!!!! I don't like change either!!! I hope she gets used to it or finds something she likes about it!!!

BTW - I have a 17 year old!! I hear ya!!

If you could have seen the silent, pitiful tears rolling down her cheeks...honestly it was so sad...believe it or not, some of her fondest memories are of time spent at the Grand! You'd think a kid would remember rides and character interactions most, but she has always called the Grand "our" hotel and I was quite surprised by how saddened she was. Anyway, more happy memories will be made on future visits, but in the meantime, here are some not-great photos from 2004, when she was a little tyke and the rooms in Conch Key were Alice themed...

With some little friends:

With Gramps before bedtime:

Some little friends and a close-up of the bedspread detail:

Notice the Cheshire cat near the bottom of the photo?

DD still loves Alice in Wonderland, and I think the old decor had something to do with that. Honestly, I miss the Grand so much that by the time I get back there, I will be fine with however it looks!

Hello all :) I'm not sure if I am asking this in the right place. If not, could you please point me in the right direction? I am thinking of renting points in April 2015 and considering staying at the GF Villas. The person I am renting from has AKL as his home resort so he couldn't book until 7 months out, I believe. How hard is it to get a studio here at 7 months out? Also, how far away from the amenities are the villas? Im thinking of the food, pool, refillable mugs, and monorail station. I've been searching through threads and have not been having any success. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter