2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** Updated 7/29 with Corral Info

Nice. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Half to see if I spot that costume. Have you done costumes before? I'm always too worried that I wont be able to run in whatever I go for, or that it will be too uncomfortable during the later miles.

Nice. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Half to see if I spot that costume. Have you done costumes before? I'm always too worried that I wont be able to run in whatever I go for, or that it will be too uncomfortable during the later miles.

I was able to run Tink in wings and a tutu for all 13.1 and it did not bother me at all. I had not practiced with them either - I thought I might look crazy out running in that outside of the Disney bubble. ;)

I think as long as the costume is relatively lightweight and you are able to wear running clothes as the costume itself, or underneath the costume, you'll be fine. Plus, it's so much fun! I can't wait to plan my costume for the 10K.

So, how is everyone's training going so far?

Hi! I'm in for the Half!

I still need to secure my hotel. In 2011 I stayed at the Sheraton by the convention center. I haven't even taken a look yet.

I've just been diagnosed with compartment syndrome. Making arrangements to have the surgery ASAP. Will be a bit tight time wise, but I'll just be aiming to finish, not for any specific times or anything.

I'm in for Dumbo again this year! Going to try and train for Dopey next year as well as my next crazy challenge! :crazy2:

That's a $120 savings. I wonder how traffic is getting there and also how convenient the parking garage is to the start? If it's not horrible saving the money might be nice.

I just got back from DL and stayed at the Holiday Inn on Walnut again and ended up cancelling my reservation there for the race, I really love this hotel at $100 a night but just can't justify $200 a night. I ending up booking the Hilton Garden Inn south of the convention center on Harbor, it's not within walking distance but with my AP I get free parking at DL and I ended up saving $150! It's got good reviews on TripAdvisor and Expedia so I have my fingers crossed.

I've done at least half a dozen races in costume now.. i almost don't know what to wear to a non-costume race! LOL! what's funny IMO is that you have to train IN the costumes, so you don't chafe or have problems during the race.. Last July I ran as a stormtrooper, complete with mask (not helmet, thank goodness!) and I had to see how breathing in it would be. Let me tell you I got a lot of weird cars/looks from passerbys on the streets when I ran around with it! "uhh.. there's a stormtrooper running around.. no really! look!" :rotfl2:

Check Etsy for iGlowRunning, Wanda makes running costumes inspired by Disney characters, so they're made of running material, and/or are specifically for running! There are others out there, we're very creative! :D

I'm in for the 10k! :cool1: It's my first Disney race, but I'm running with a friend who has done a few. We're so excited to run in costumes, although we haven't narrowed down our ideas list yet.

I just got back from DL and stayed at the Holiday Inn on Walnut again and ended up cancelling my reservation there for the race, I really love this hotel at $100 a night but just can't justify $200 a night. I ending up booking the Hilton Garden Inn south of the convention center on Harbor, it's not within walking distance but with my AP I get free parking at DL and I ended up saving $150! It's got good reviews on TripAdvisor and Expedia so I have my fingers crossed.

If that's the HGI near Buca di Beppo, it can be walked..it's just not that fun of a walk. :)

I signed up for the 5k as my first race. I am trying to walk more, but was just diagnosed with planter fasciitis in my left foot. Any hints on training without aggravating my foot? I walked from the Amtrak station to Disneyland yesterday and by about 2 hour in the park, my foot was killing me. I know I will make the pace cutoff because I can walk the 3 miles to work (up and down 2 hills) in about 40 minutes, but have not started running yet

Thanks Sunflare. I am working on getting inserts for the shoes I rotate through. Using a small water bottle that I can roll under my foot, and doing stretches my Dr. gave me.

This is not the way I wanted to start off on a new endeavor though

I'm in for DDD again! I'll be in costume too, just not sure what yet. Last year was Incredibles with my DH and loved it!

I'm in for DDD again! I'll be in costume too, just not sure what yet. Last year was Incredibles with my DH and loved it!

yay! can't wait to see you! i'm doing incredibles for the 5k, dunno for 10k, we're brewing ideas (stepmother & drisella/anastasia; anna, elsa & hans; etc lol).

yay! can't wait to see you! i'm doing incredibles for the 5k, dunno for 10k, we're brewing ideas (stepmother & drisella/anastasia; anna, elsa & hans; etc lol).

I think that seeing everyone's costumes is one of the best parts of a Disney run. I am excited to be a more confident runner for this 10K because I will be able to "costume watch" more!

We are officially under 200 days to go!

longhorns2, got you added and good luck with your second round of DDD. Let us know when you decide on what costume you'll be in. I always love to hear how creative everyone is.

Camonkeygirl, sorry to hear about the PF in your foot. But just treat it right and hopefully you'll be good to come August. Rest, ice, stretching, insoles like sunflare mentioned. Good luck, and congrats on signing up for your first 5K.

blearbear4, I have you down for the 10K. Have fun running with your friend. I just got a friend of mine to run her first 10K and I ran it with her. We wanted to do costumes in theory but we were never able to make it work. But it was a great experience to get to run with her. Do you have a list of ideas you're considering so far?

RichieTruxillo, I got you listed for DDD. Good luck on your road to Dopey! I can't even comprehend how many miles that is over the course of 4 days. It looks like such an incredible feat.

zanzibar138, I'm sorry to hear that! Good luck with your recovery and road to the 10K!

Flipmomof3 Got you listed as well. Good luck narrowing down a hotel. Don't wait too long! I know a lot of places book up fast.

SultanPprShkr, I think that's part of what is hindering me in actually going the whole costume route: training beforehand in costume and sticking out like that, lol. It's one thing when we are running with our fellow runDisney comrades who can really appreciate what we are wearing. It's another thing to just be running out and about at home (regardless of how close I am to Disneyland, lol). I'm just a very self conscious person I guess.

Costumes do look like so much fun though. One year! One year I will do it.

As of right now, training is on hold for me because of my knee. I'm close to start running again but I'm not in a hurry to push it and really injure myself. I didn't feel right when I tried to go for a jog the other day. I finally have a couple days off in a row coming up so I'll give it another try, probably on day two so I can get one day of complete rest. Sometimes I forget how tired I get from my two jobs.

I'm in for DDD! This will be my second race at Disneyland ( did Tink 10k and half last month) and will be part of earning my second coast to coast this year :)

Any advice about August weather? I know last year was very warm, but is that typical? I'm used to running here in New Jersey during the summer with temperatures in the 80's- 90's and high humidity so I'm not sure how that would compare to CA weather.

Hey Belle Ella! I noticed in the Front page you still have the 5k at 9am. They've actually changed the time again to 5:30 am....sucks for the kids, but DS is looking forward to it! I found the info on the RunDisney site.

I am so excited!!! I have my hotel booked & I'm registered for the DL half now for Southwest to let me book my flight.

I've done every runDisney 5k they offer here at WDW, the Tower of Terror 10 miler twice and I just completed my first half marathon during WDW marathon weekend. I know how to run here at WDW but I'm worried about running in DL. I've only visited twice so I can't go over the course in my head like I did the WDW half. Any tips/tricks?

How are DL race weekends different than WDW race weekends?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter