2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I on the other hand enjoy being in one of these rooms as it makes it that much easier to pester people passing by for things like left over snacks and pin trading. An added bonus is that they help me pick out that days outfit after I model of number of combinations from my collection of Disney vacation wrinkle wear.

~NM

:rotfl:

I can't recommend it enough! We have made some wonderful memories. Each of them has enjoyed not having to share the planning with 4 other opinionated people (though Mom does get to make suggestions, LOL). He chose BCV (well, he wanted to split with BLT but I couldn't make that happen) and is so excited about his grand return to SAB.

Nice! Have you done Disney with the others or have they chosen something else? Is there a certain age you choose?

I on the other hand enjoy being in one of these rooms as it makes it that much easier to pester people passing by for things like left over snacks and pin trading. An added bonus is that they help me pick out that days outfit after I model of number of combinations from my collection of Disney vacation wrinkle wear. ~NM

Lol!

I on the other hand enjoy being in one of these rooms as it makes it that much easier to pester people passing by for things like left over snacks and pin trading. An added bonus is that they help me pick out that days outfit after I model of number of combinations from my collection of Disney vacation wrinkle wear.

~NM

Excellent. :rotfl2:

Nice! Have you done Disney with the others or have they chosen something else? Is there a certain age you choose?

Oh, they have all chosen Disney World! :goodvibes

Age 7-8 has proven to be ideal for us but I think most ages are good...except my oldest was too young for our first mom and me trip - he got sick with a tummy bug - so we ended up having a re-do when he was 7 which was perfect. Since then, I have replicated that with the other two and it was good. Our kids are similar ages, BTW, my oldest two are each a year younger than your oldest two and my youngest is 7. If I had unlimited funds, I would love to go on 8th grade grad trips with the older boys now they are willing to rode thrill rides with me (all are slow to develop a love of coasters, Splash and TOT - and their dad refuses to, as well - but my oldest finally will do everything and enjoy it...he and I had some fun adventures just the two of us on our last family trip in late 2013).

Here are a couple more pictures I took at the Beach Club last week.

If I'm at Epcot, and I'm taking the shortcut back to BCV, I walk through the gate to get onto Beach Club property, and I go past these Beach Club rooms:

Then I walk past these Beach Club rooms:

I personally would feel uncomfortable in the ground floor rooms in the first group. People taking the short-cut walk RIGHT by your patio door.

In the ground floor rooms of the second group, people are walking past your room, but at least there is a hedge between your room and the walkway.

I don't have the "which BC rooms are located where" link, but I'm sure somebody can put the room numbers to these rooms if people are interested.

The first group of rooms without the bushes in front of the patio look like they would be rooms numbered 1512 to 1530. The second group of rooms look like they would be the rooms numbered 1578 to 1596. Is that the villas building at the end of the line of rooms?

Deciding between CL GV and regular GV rooms. Regarding the ones with a king bed, do those few rooms have another sleeping spot like a pullout chair or sofa to accommodate 2 parents and 1 tween? Thanks!

~NM

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

We are booked 11/21-11/30 at BC CL. I hope the renovations are complete by then

ninja mom... i am lazy.... when is your second ticker trip dates for?

I'll be down after Nannette's shift is up in October. One of us has to be at WDW at all times or the world will end...

So I'm at BC from Aug 17th to the 23rd with Janet Mom (Note to self: start looking for lost change in the sofa cushions at friend's houses to use as bail money)

Then I'll be back again from October 15th to the 24th and I'll be staying at what some call the Cinder Block Palace/Pop.

THEN I have a Bouncey Back reserved for Sun November Nov 16th to Fri the 21st at Pop Cinder Block but I have to see how the finances are shaking out for that one. (Would anyone like to buy a Kidney?)

It isn't easy keeping up with Nannette but somebody has to do it so it might as well be me!

~NM

THEN I have a Bouncey Back reserved for Sun November Nov 16th to Fri the 21st at Pop Cinder Block but I have to see how the finances are shaking out for that one. (Would anyone like to buy a Kidney?)~NM

Are you really arriving the day after I leave??!?!?!! How appropriate!! :)

~N

Deciding between CL GV and regular GV rooms. Regarding the ones with a king bed, do those few rooms have another sleeping spot like a pullout chair or sofa to accommodate 2 parents and 1 tween? Thanks!

Never mind!:yay: Just booked a split stay: GV YC and then GF CL:yay:

Disney magic....take me away......pixiedust:

Is there a link somewhere that lists all the conventions going on at the Beach & Yacht club?

The only convention you have to be concerned about is the one that will be going on from August 17th to the 23rd when I will be down at the BC for the BC/YC/BCV Dis thread meet.

I'm in charge of recreation so I've got quite the line up planned. I don't want to let slip too many details but much of it involves nudity and heavy drinking. We need some one to coordinate the Dance/Cheer team... Are there any volunteers coordinated enough to make us look reasonably athletically inclined?

;)

~NM

The only convention you have to be concerned about is the one that will be going on from August 17th to the 23rd when I will be down at the BC for the BC/YC/BCV Dis thread meet.

I'm in charge of recreation so I've got quite the line up planned. I don't want to let slip too many details but much of it involves nudity and heavy drinking. We need some one to coordinate the Dance/Cheer team... Are there any volunteers coordinated enough to make us look reasonably athletically inclined?

;)

~NM

Sign me up, we are there the 16th-26th... :rotfl2:

Please tell me if this would be possible and what you think?!?!

Right now we are booked at BCR CL on a bounceback for September 20th for 7 nights. We are thinking of moving to POR if/when FD comes out - we will have family there and our kids want to be together. So...I'm excited but broken hearted about missing out on the BCR. It's our favorite! I can't stop thinking about that wonderful little walk to Epcot and Stormalong Bay!

Could we book POR on Free Dining for the first 5 night (7 day hoppers), then keep our BCR bounceback package for the last 2 nights? I've never done a split stay and this would only be feasible if we can use both discounts. Too pricey otherwise.

1. Can we have two packages with 2 different discounts back to back?
2. Does anyone know if my bb has to be a package or just a room only discount? We won't need tickets at BCR since it will be the last 2 days.

Thanks!

Please tell me if this would be possible and what you think?!?!

Right now we are booked at BCR CL on a bounceback for September 20th for 7 nights. We are thinking of moving to POR if/when FD comes out - we will have family there and our kids want to be together. So...I'm excited but broken hearted about missing out on the BCR. It's our favorite! I can't stop thinking about that wonderful little walk to Epcot and Stormalong Bay!

Could we book POR on Free Dining for the first 5 night (7 day hoppers), then keep our BCR bounceback package for the last 2 nights? I've never done a split stay and this would only be feasible if we can use both discounts. Too pricey otherwise.

2. Does anyone know if my bb has to be a package or just a room only discount? We won't need tickets at BCR since it will be the last 2 days.

Thanks!
Yes

If your BCR bounceback is a room only reservation with a room discount, then yes, you will be able to modify your BCR reservation to make it only two days. You can keep the room only discount on it.

If free dining comes out then you would be booking a new reservation. Free dining usually requires a ticket purchase. So if you go to POR first, then you would have no problem getting free dining for the length of stay there. But your free dining will end at midnight on the day that you check out of POR.

If your bb is a room only discount then it does not have to be a package. :) If it is a free dining bb then it has to be a package.

Did you already add tickets and make it a package when you booked the bounce back for Sept?

Yes

If your BCR bounceback is a room discount, then yes, you will be able to modify your BCR reservation to make it only two days. You can keep the room only discount on it.

If free dining comes out then you would be booking a new reservation. Free dining usually requires a ticket purchase. So if you go to POR first, then you would have no problem getting free dining for the length of stay there. But your free dining will end at midnight on the day that you check out of POR.

If it is a room only discount then it does not have to be a package. :)

That's such fantastic news!!! Thank you for your response. I always thought split stays sounded like such a hassle. I wouldn't even consider them. Now that I'm faced with not staying at BCR it suddenly sounds like a great option! LOL. Thanks again!

I guess I'm still wondering how this will affect our magic bands and everything else. But, one issue at a time. I'm sure it will all come together.

I guess I'm still wondering how this will affect our magic bands and everything else. But, one issue at a time. I'm sure it will all come together.
A split stay will not affect your MB's at all. Except for one thing, you will get two sets instead of one. :) It also won't affect your ADR's and fp+. But if you were going to use Magical Express, they will need to be updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter