2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, NM. You have perfect timing. I was going to search for that taxi number, but you saved me the trouble. Do you know how long it takes for a cab to arrive if I call from the BC around 7:30am? The last time we stayed at the BC was the last few days of April and first few days of May in 2011 and the weather was gorgeous. It was sunny and in the 80's. And best of all, it wasn't too humid. We loved it. We ate at Cape May in January and fried shrimp is served on Sundays and Wednesdays now. When we were there on a Saturday in December there wasn't any fried shrimp.

Thanks Dee and Wood Nymph! I am starting to work on DH now. Fingers crossed. :-)

OMG ... real corn? When? I'm leaving the next day but I can cook it that morning and eat all day before heading to airport!!

We get there on Sunday the 17th of August. Put a big yellow circle on your calendar for that night's dinner. No more Florida "Cow" corn on that night....

I have been trying to figure out a way to get the good corn to you and now with this August trip and Southwest's 2 bags rule we are good to go!

Thanks, NM. You have perfect timing. I was going to search for that taxi number, but you saved me the trouble.

Do you know how long it takes for a cab to arrive if I call from the BC around 7:30am?

There are cabs lurking out in front of the BC at that hour but you can call Mears and request a cab ahead of time, like the night before, AND if you say you need a passenger van or even a regular taxi to pick you up, you can get that at whatever time you specify. The Cabbies know if Mrs. Wood Nymph called for a cab at 7:30 so your driver that gets the order will be looking for you. I am always impressed when the cabbies ask if I am so and so, so the correct person gets in the cab... Of course if I wanted to Steal a cab I would say yes and off we would go.... but the drivers do try to get it right.

If it were me... I'd check with the Bell services CM's because they will have a feel for how/when the cabs are around....

~NM

:love: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, FRIENDS!!!:lovestruc

Here's a couple of pictures of Teena's granddaughter Lily at her Valentines Day Dance last night, complete in her Minnie dress and matching sneakers

Caption: To Infinity and Beyond! or Disco Lily???

Hola everyone! I would appreciate it if you could take a peek at the Be Our Guest list to see if your information is correct.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

FYI- I will be away on vacation next week and MickeyT will be making note of additions or changes to the list for me. I'll make the updates when I get back. Mike- I'll take care of any activity until noon today, then I will send the list to you.

We are making our 4th trip to the Barceló Maya in Mexico- awesome all-inclusive resort with beautiful beaches and excellent snorkeling. Highly recommended if you are considering a tropical vacation- I have pictures in a couple of my trip reports from our trip last year and 2011.

I'll be checking in a few more times, but I want to wish everyone a great week!!!

Adios, amigos!

Dee and Teena - safe travels next week. Hope you both have fabulous trips!

No school again - our Easter break trip is looking bleaker and bleaker . . .

If it were me... I'd check with the Bell services CM's because they will have a feel for how/when the cabs are around....

~NM
Thanks, NM. We'll check with Bell services first. :)
Here's a couple of pictures of Teena's granddaughter Lily at her Valentines Day Dance last night, complete in her Minnie dress and matching sneakers

Caption: To Infinity and Beyond! or Disco Lily???
She looks adorable. :love:

We are making our 4th trip to the Barceló Maya in Mexico- awesome all-inclusive resort with beautiful beaches and excellent snorkeling. Highly recommended if you are considering a tropical vacation- I have pictures in a couple of my trip reports from our trip last year and 2011.

I'll be checking in a few more times, but I want to wish everyone a great week!!!

Adios, amigos!
I hope you don't have any travel delays due to the recent terrible winter weather.
Have a great time, Dee.
:beach:

Natebenma...have a great time in Mexico. I've been checking out their website and it looks very relaxing there. Enjoy!!:goodvibes

Dee ... have a super time!!!! I'll be thinking of you while I'm with my girls ... both of us will be at our happy places!!!

Thanks for posting the pics of the Princess. Jeanne said this year she was more interested in eating the popcorn and other stuff than dancing the night away although she had many suitors to dance with ... the Minnie outfit was a huge hit too!

Adios, amigos!

Safe travels Dee! Enjoy!

~N

Safe Travels Dee!!! It's so darn cold here I was telling DH that I wish I were BURNING the heck out of my feet walking from my lounge chair to the pool at SAB. But your trip to Mexico sounds even better!!!!!

Teena, I hope you are all better now for your visit!!

The pic of Lily dancing is adorable!!!!

Hola everyone! I would appreciate it if you could take a peek at the Be Our Guest list to see if your information is correct. Post 15: Be Our Guest list FYI- I will be away on vacation next week and MickeyT will be making note of additions or changes to the list for me. I'll make the updates when I get back. Mike- I'll take care of any activity until noon today, then I will send the list to you. We are making our 4th trip to the Barceló Maya in Mexico- awesome all-inclusive resort with beautiful beaches and excellent snorkeling. Highly recommended if you are considering a tropical vacation- I have pictures in a couple of my trip reports from our trip last year and 2011. I'll be checking in a few more times, but I want to wish everyone a great week!!! Adios, amigos! http://s657.photobucket.com/user/natebenma/media/Hijinks Trip Report/Disney/Comics/beachday.jpg.html
So fun.

Teena, I'm glad you have some answers and while COPD isn't what you wanted to hear, it's a livable condition. My mom had it too and was able to control it thru medicine. Having bronchitis is awful! I'm still coughing several times a day after having it during Christmas. Enjoy your trip with your girls! I'm sad I won't see you when I'm there next week but we'll catch up in June. Safe travels!

Dee, have a wonderful Mexican vacation!!!!! It will be nice to get away and to be in a warmer climate! This winter has been HORRIBLE! How much snow did you get yesterday?

Pixarmom, good luck with PHM next week! What corral are you in? I'm all the way back in M but I'm glad I'm not in P. I don't want to see the balloon ladies at all! I can't wait for Thursday!!!!! We get in around Noon then we are heading over to the expo. :-)

Happy Valentine's Day to all my YC/BC peeps, even Buzzy!

Dee have a wonderful trip! We will try to behave while you are away....wait.... I forgot about NinjaMom. Lol. Luv ya NM! I am sitting at ER. My mom fell this morning and looks like she lost a big fight. At least it is pretty comical listening to all the things she tells the staff here. She has Alzheimer's so it is quite entertaining. Happy Valentines day everyone!

Hi Everyone! With all this snow I am truly wishing I was at disneyworld right now.

We switched from the bcv to the yacht club for april 29th to May 5th. We upgraded to a lagoon view I got spoiled our last trip with our wonderful view and this trip is more about relaxing than running to the parks so I figured we would be in the room more. One of these days I will be able to stay back at the beach club but it's always booked

No power since yesterday. They are telling me it could be Sunday before my power is restored. Thinking about going to a hotel. Florida looks better every day.

With almost 30" of snow on the ground outside my window I am looking forward to some Florida weather! 4 more days til we can book our ADRs!

:cool1:

Another question. This will be the first trip DD can't accompany us. She's now a college student. Call me crazy, but I want to send her a small package every day so she knows she's being thought of. My thought is to get flat rate boxes from the post office and make out all the shipping labels in advance so the postage is paid for. Will I be able to take these packages to the front desk for mailing?

Another question. This will be the first trip DD can't accompany us. She's now a college student. Call me crazy, but I want to send her a small package every day so she knows she's being thought of. My thought is to get flat rate boxes from the post office and make out all the shipping labels in advance so the postage is paid for. Will I be able to take these packages to the front desk for mailing?

Awww....that is so sweet! :blush:

I don't see why they wouldn't take your mail, especially if you have it all packaged up with postage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter