2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunkering down for yet another snowstorm and arctic blast!

We are supposed to get 16 inches.

What a winter!

Can't wait for summer.

Stay warm to all my Dis friends up and down the East Coast!

Hunkering down for yet another snowstorm and arctic blast! We are supposed to get 16 inches. What a winter! Can't wait for summer. Stay warm to all my Dis friends up and down the East Coast!

Thanks!! It's cold here in NJ and quite snowy! Hoping my flight to MCO takes off on Saturday without a problem!

Hunkering down for yet another snowstorm and arctic blast!

We are supposed to get 16 inches.

What a winter!

Can't wait for summer.

Stay warm to all my Dis friends up and down the East Coast!

Hunkering down in Jersey too. Perfect night to try to plan the Disney vacation.

Hunkering down in Jersey too. Perfect night to try to plan the Disney vacation.

Or Hawaii ;)

Haven't done much in the past couple of days, but tomorrow might be a great day to go through the info I have.

Stay safe and warm everyone!

Hi all - we are booked in a 1 bedroom villa at BCV and I'm wondering about any special location requests we should be aware of. Is there a "better" place to be? Just not sure what options there are for the villas! Thanks!

We enjoyed being close to the elevators just inside the BCV lobby. Twice we were on first floor, once facing pool and once facing courtyard between BC resort & BCV. The other time we were up on third maybe with an oversized balcony overlooking the quiet pool.

The location is nice for accessing the elevators and/ or walking to BC Marketplace, the bus stop and closer to SAB.

You know, it's funny, my DD is a tomboy and was never into the Princess thing. But we did a couple of Princess meals (Cindy's, Ariel's Grotto at DCA) because we wanted to eat at those locations. My son *loved* the Princesses. He was chatting them up and charming them at the age of 3, beaming at them and flirting up a storm. At Cindy's Jasmine gave him a kiss on the cheek, and left a big red lipstick mark behind! He wouldn't let us wipe it off, and he had lipstick on his cheek all afternoon, proudly telling anyone who asked that Jasmine had kissed him! And at Ariel's at DCA, Belle taught him how to dance, and we have a great little video of him dancing with Belle.

So it seems to me that some boys can enjoy the Princesses too. ;)

We ate at Cinderella's Castle with our then 7 year old son (our only) - he loved it, even though he was/is NOT into princesses - and I got some adorable pictures :)

Hunkering down for yet another snowstorm and arctic blast! We are supposed to get 16 inches. What a winter! Can't wait for summer. Stay warm to all my Dis friends up and down the East Coast!

I'm there there with you! It took me 4 hours to get home from work in this mess and I only had to go 26 miles!! I am so over the winter. Counting down the days till disney!

:scared1: stay safe and warm my friends! I. Can't believe the awful weather back east.
Meanwhile here in the N.West, we have a temp inversion :rolleyes: crazy!

Leaving for Florida Saturday, so glad our connecting flights are in Houston!

Or Hawaii ;)

Haven't done much in the past couple of days, but tomorrow might be a great day to go through the info I have.

Stay safe and warm everyone!

Dee, I spent many snowy hours planning our Hawaii trip. Hope the info helps you out.

Just booked Undiscovered Future World Tour for the trip. Now I need lunch for that day and to possibly move dinner to a later time

Ahh... the memories! When one of my boys was little some imperious kindergarten huzzy decided that Thomas the Tank Engine was for babies and ganged up on him and his Thomas love with some of her other hapless toadies. No matter what I did I couldn't talk him back into his Thomas obsession..... but He did replace it with a Star Wars fever! No chick would ever dare mess with a guys Star WARS obsession.....

Today at the ripe old age of teenager he still thinks fondly of Thomas and we still have all of his trains for when he has kids, only this time his kids will have a Grandmom who patrols the playground listening for the dream killers and other losers who think they can peer pressure the joy out of innocent little dreamers. I'll sidle up to them and in a quite moment whisper that Santa Claus knows exactly who they are and that they won't be getting diddly squat for Christmas because they are SO MEAN!

Humph!

~Ninja Grandmom

You go girl! Reminds me of my youngest dd in pre school. After a boy told her she looked like a tea pot with her ponytail she refused to ever let me put her hair up in a pony!!

Although most of you are experiencing horrible winter weather, it hasn't been a great winter here in Florida either. Tonight another cold front is arriving. Low in the 30's all week and only in the 50's during day. 60's later this week but still 30's at night.

So if you are heading our way soon, shorts and tees and bathing suits aren't going to be needed.

Although most of you are experiencing horrible winter weather, it hasn't been a great winter here in Florida either. Tonight another cold front is arriving. Low in the 30's all week and only in the 50's during day. 60's later this week but still 30's at night.

So if you are heading our way soon, shorts and tees and bathing suits aren't going to be needed.

That is not good news at all. We'll be leaving for Florida Thursday morning and I've been waiting to pack until I had a better idea of how cold it will be there. We hit a cold snap in Florida like this when we stayed at the BWI in January of 2009 and we froze. So I'm planning to bring mostly warm clothes for this upcoming trip.

At least it will be warmer than the sub-zero temps back home. ;)

:crazy2: I hope by 29th things will warm up, ugh! Heck, it's in the mid 40s here! I really want some warm Florida sunshine! Wave that magic wand of yours!!pixiedust:

:crazy2: I hope by 29th things will warm up, ugh! Heck, it's in the mid 40s here! I really want some warm Florida sunshine! Wave that magic wand of yours!!pixiedust:

I'm trying my darnest ... got that magic wand twirling around and around. We're going to cancel our two nights at the cabins if things don't warm up!!

Must be a Jersey night, great minds are dreaming of Disney on this cold snowy evening. Dee if you could please change our dates to August 20 -27, 2014 BCV. It's a done deal, we booked today!! :dance3:

Hey Teena (or anyone in the know)!

How many connecting rooms are there at Y and B (each) on the club level? If you know.

Just trying to guesstimate whether we'll have a decent shot at getting them in August.

Speaking of August, are they rehabbing both Y and B during that time? I'm gleaning it should start with Club Level and work its way down...we won't arrive until around the 8/24---think it'll be done on both sides by then?

Thanks!!!

Hey Teena (or anyone in the know)!

How many connecting rooms are there at Y and B (each) on the club level? If you know.

Just trying to guesstimate whether we'll have a decent shot at getting them in August.

Speaking of August, are they rehabbing both Y and B during that time? I'm gleaning it should start with Club Level and work its way down...we won't arrive until around the 8/24---think it'll be done on both sides by then?

Thanks!!!

Sorry, have no idea on the connecting rooms. I'd guess you'd have a pretty poor shot of getting them if you booked garden view since there are very few garden view club level rooms at both resorts.

The rehab doesn't have a definite start date but it will be at the BC only to start and right now it looks like late summer for a start date. Once they finish the BC, then it's either the BCV or the YC ... I'm thinking probably the YC. Yes, they will start on the fifth floor, section by section, then the fourth floor, section by section, etc., etc. Most guests will not even know it is going on. They only do "noise" work during day time hours when most people are at the pool or at the parks. And the way they do it by section, it rarely is even known that it is happening. And if for some reason you experience a problem with the room you are assigned because of the rehab noise above or below you for example, like you have a small child and you come back to the room every day at 1 PM let's say to nap, well, if you did hear any noise, just speak to the front desk and they will get you moved. Since the noise work is done during the day time hours, it's rare that you would even know the work is going on.

Most of us have probably stayed at a Disney resort during the normal room rehab and didn't even know it.

So what are they doing durning this room rehab? From pictures the BC/YC rooms look fairly well kept. I've never stayed there though to see the rooms in person, but they look really nice. Whatever they end up doing I'm sure it'll look great as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!