2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this Jonny Depp love and Matthew McConaughey love...
JNPants and I would like to know if there's room in the hot tub for Chris Evans.
Is that cool?

Hi folks,

We are super excited for our first BC stay next month. We have two garden view rooms, and we requested connecting (which we were told is "guaranteed" because of the number of adults and children in our group), and "full balcony" (which is just a request). The reason we want a full balcony is my elderly mother. Sometimes she doesn't feel up to going to a park with us in the morning, and really enjoys being "outside" on her balcony with a cup of coffee and a good book.

I'm wondering if you know if it is even possible to have both of these requests met?

I am asking because I spent some time this morning on another website (Touring Plans) which has a clickable map of the views from all the rooms, and while I found a good number of connecting garden view rooms, I could not find one with a full balcony. I wonder if I should switch to "standard" or "water view"?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hi folks,

We are super excited for our first BC stay next month. We have two garden view rooms, and we requested connecting (which we were told is "guaranteed" because of the number of adults and children in our group), and "full balcony" (which is just a request). The reason we want a full balcony is my elderly mother. Sometimes she doesn't feel up to going to a park with us in the morning, and really enjoys being "outside" on her balcony with a cup of coffee and a good book.

I'm wondering if you know if it is even possible to have both of these requests met?

I am asking because I spent some time this morning on another website (Touring Plans) which has a clickable map of the views from all the rooms, and while I found a good number of connecting garden view rooms, I could not find one with a full balcony. I wonder if I should switch to "standard" or "water view"?

If you look at the different views of the BC resort, you'll see that in most cases the type of balcony is determined by what floor you are on, not by what room category you choose. For example, if you get a room on the third floor then you will get a standing balcony whether you have a water/lagoon view or a garden view, for example. I know there are some exceptions, but that is the general idea. The only way to increase the chances of having a place for your mother to sit outside would be to request a ground floor room. Most of those have patios. You could also switch to the YC which has full balconies for 99% of their rooms. But there isn't a way to guarantee a full balcony at the BC.

Would anyone happen to know if you can request a rollaway at BC even if you have a daybed? We are a family of 5 and I usually take an air mattress but thought the rollaway would be easier. The boys do not like to sleep together. Teenagers:confused3:crazy:

If you look at the different views of the BC resort, you'll see that in most cases the type of balcony is determined by what floor you are on, not by what room category you choose. For example, if you get a room on the third floor then you will get a standing balcony whether you have a water/lagoon view or a garden view, for example. I know there are some exceptions, but that is the general idea. The only way to increase the chances of having a place for your mother to sit outside would be to request a ground floor room. Most of those have patios. You could also switch to the YC which has full balconies for 99% of their rooms. But there isn't a way to guarantee a full balcony at the BC.

Thank you so much. This is super helpful. We may look into switching to YC.

Thanks for the great info guys, our party consists of all adults and just on ex child (teenager), so I know we can't get guaranteed connecting rooms based on whether the children out number adults. So I think when we book I'll request two of the rooms connecting and one adjoining. It'd be nice if they do give us a grand gathering reservation number to keep everything together but as much as I've called for info for this trip and mentioned our party size or how many rooms we needed no one has mentioned anything about a grand gathering, but thanks for the heads up on that and I'll ask about it when I make the reservations.

From Sunstroke to a Concussion: A "Trip" Report to Remember

Catchy enough???? :rotfl:

Love the title! I'm off to start reading your report now.

This time next week I'll be on a plane to Ft Lauderdale :banana::banana::banana: then 4 days there :beach: before driving up to wdw, woohoo. POR this time.
Looking forward to our dinners Teena :goodvibes

Love that less than one week countdown! I hope you have a great trip. :goodvibes :banana::banana::banana:

This is our view from room 5659, BC Club Level Lagoon View. This was our trip from August 2012. A great location just a few doors down from the elevators and lounge, and we were located directly over the back entrance. We preferred this room over the one before it (looking for those photos!!) as that one looked out over SAB. It was kind of noisy from the pool and music. This is a dormer room, so it was a bit smaller than others, no daybed, and it had a sloping roof, but full balcony, which is a must for me and my people watching.

You get the additional photo bonus of the amazing house made chips and pepper dip from the Club Level lounge.......yumm....:)

Our room was the one all the way to the right - under the dormer. Great location, but let me tell you that yellow flag right near the balcony was SO SQUEAKY - wished we had brought some WD40!

I am SO excited to be staying at BC for our trip this May !! (May 22nd - 31st). I paid a little extra for a garden view, just in case we get a balcony :) This is our first deluxe - we were at POFQ in 2009, and CBR in 2010. Haven't been back since, as we do take vacations to other places, too ! I've read through this thread, but haven't waded through the older ones yet. I can't believe how excited I am to be right there at Epcot - just the thought of being able to wander back to our room after an evening of fun makes me giddy !
My one question (for now ) is - if our room at BC was the furthest from Epcot - how long would it take to walk in (assuming no line at the International Gateway) and to the UK pavilion ?? How about if our room was closer ? I am originally from England (I've been here in the US 16 years) - and the thought of being so close to the pub and to fish and chips is too wonderful for words ! LOL

Our room was the one all the way to the right - under the dormer. Great location, but let me tell you that yellow flag right near the balcony was SO SQUEAKY - wished we had brought some WD40!

Thanks for sharing your great pictures and bringing back some memories of those amazing chips!

I see a new room request to add to the list - furthest room from the squeaky flags. :lmao:

Here is the link to the website.

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/Login.aspx

You need to log on and enter your resort reservation number. The fast pass becomes available monthly, in other words, dates in February just opened up in the last week, or so. You can only make get one per trip. You can select your meal, too, if you choose to.

We used this for our December trip and it was great. There is a kiosk for check in, located to the left of the entrance to the bridge, and you bypass a huge line to get in the door. You do not get an email confirmation of the fast pass and it does not appear in your MDE account. I recommend that you take a screen print of the confirmation so that you can bring it with you, just in case your name isn't listed.

When I tried to get another lunch fastpass for our January trip, I wasn't able to do it using my email address, the one I had used for the December reservation. My DH has his own MDE account, so I logged in using his email address. That worked and I was able to get another fp for our upcoming trip.

I'm not sure what I'll do for our March trip. I've run out of email addresses. :confused3

ETA: I've heard that the concierge at your resort can get a fast pass for you, but I haven't really seen very much information about this.

We went with friends who had trouble with their MDE IDs, so all of their FPs had to be made and matched with ours when we got to the YC. CL staff were amazing and did it all. Your results may vary. ;)

We made our choices ahead of time, but our friends were not able to. If you decide not to make your meal selections ahead of time, there is an extra step when you get there - you have to go to another room to order. If you have already ordered you go straight to find a table. However, based on our experience, the time was not significant. Again, your results may vary.

Took some digging, but here you go!

Ah yes, I remember this view! :rotfl2:

Hi folks,

Again, others have given you great advice. We got adjoining rooms (one with a daybed) at the YC CL, close to the lounge and elevators, and an amazing view with balcony. If balcony is important, I would consider a switch (although I still :love: BC)

All this Jonny Depp love and Matthew McConaughey love...
JNPants and I would like to know if there's room in the hot tub for Chris Evans.
Is that cool?

I don't know about the hot tub but he was spotted on the pool slide!!! :cool1:

12034558303_1f645806c2_z.jpg

Signed, your Pal Buzzy the Fly

Again, others have given you great advice. We got adjoining rooms (one with a daybed) at the YC CL, close to the lounge and elevators, and an amazing view with balcony. If balcony is important, I would consider a switch (although I still :love: BC)

Sounds lovely. Thank you! :)

So excited...just booked a mom plus the kiddos June vacation at the Beach Club. My hubby has a work trip planned and isn't the biggest DW fan:confused3. Normally as a party of 6 we wouldn't be able to afford a deluxe resort, so I'm secretly ok with him missing this once:rolleyes1.
Our dates are 6/8-6/15. Just wondering if you all think the size of the room will be an issue. Our girls are not into hair and all that yet, so I don't foresee a bathroom issue. There is a chance my hubby would join us the last few days which means we would definitely have to switch resorts.

The kids were really wanting to do the water parks this time, but I'm hoping with the amazing pool at the BC they won't miss it. I am a little weary of trying to keep track of 4 at a water park...

We would really like a full balcony, is there a floor you would suggest?
Also, it's only $100 more per night to upgrade to CL, is it worth it in your opinion. I would not be partaking in any alcohol, so I'm thinking probably not. I can't see us spending $100 a day on snacks and breakfast.

We are here (Beach Club) now for our very first stay. Oh my gosh, we LOVE it! Can't wait to come back for our August stay (club level--woohoo!).

Would anyone happen to know if you can request a rollaway at BC even if you have a daybed? We are a family of 5 and I usually take an air mattress but thought the rollaway would be easier. The boys do not like to sleep together. Teenagers:confused3:crazy:

From experience, no you can't.

My husband and I have a reservation at the Beach Club, AAA rate garden view from 7/19 thru 7/27! :cool1:We were planning on staying at the Yacht Club last year, and needed to change resorts due to my daughter and her family joining us. Hopefully we will make it there this year! I am hoping for a little better discount so maybe we can try club level, but either way we are really excited!:yay::yay:

I am SO excited to be staying at BC for our trip this May !! (May 22nd - 31st). I paid a little extra for a garden view, just in case we get a balcony :) This is our first deluxe - we were at POFQ in 2009, and CBR in 2010. Haven't been back since, as we do take vacations to other places, too ! I've read through this thread, but haven't waded through the older ones yet. I can't believe how excited I am to be right there at Epcot - just the thought of being able to wander back to our room after an evening of fun makes me giddy !
My one question (for now ) is - if our room at BC was the furthest from Epcot - how long would it take to walk in (assuming no line at the International Gateway) and to the UK pavilion ?? How about if our room was closer ? I am originally from England (I've been here in the US 16 years) - and the thought of being so close to the pub and to fish and chips is too wonderful for words ! LOL

Most of the GV rooms are fairly close to Epcot. The rooms at the closest end of the resort are about a 6-8 minute walk, I would guess, depending on whether you walk at a fast clip or just stroll there. The furthest GV room is probably just another two minutes or so away. I doubt it would take more than ten minutes to walk to the UK. The BC is right next door to Epcot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter