2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay....in case you didn't notice.....I have a new ticker!!!!!!:banana::banana:
DH finally saw the light of day (or got sick of me talking about it):rotfl2: and we are heading back in April!! Just for a short trip but I don't care!
We stayed at the BC in October and it was wonderful. This time we will be staying at the YC. Teena, I will still be over there visiting you at BC if you are there.:thumbsup2
Dee we are staying April 26th-29th YC SV CL. Thanks!!:dancer::dancer::dancer:[/QUOTE]

awesome!!! And the best part is you don't have a long wait.

Does anyone know why my quote says quote instead of actually showing the post? I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks!!

Does anyone know why my quote says quote instead of actually showing the post? I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks!!

There should be a
at the beginning of the sentences that you are quoting. :) Because the first
is missing, the /quote is showing up.

Hi all!! Sorry, I've been lurking for a bit now soaking in all the awesome info for our trip in Sept 2015... Another reason why I haven't posted (till now) was because as you can see, we have a ways until our trip! I saw the reno note above and there was a possibility mentioned of the reno starting in summer... are we speaking of this summer?

It will be our family's first time staying at BC and I'm leery now with reno talk... hahaha! Thanks!

It is a soft goods refurb of the rooms and remodeling of the club level lounge. It most likely will begin in the fall and be finished well before you arrive in 2015. :)

p. 93-95

You guys are keeping me busy this morning with your new trips!

:goodvibes

Hi! Please add us to the Be Our Guest list again! YC wv club level May 4-8th for my birthday trip. Luckily we booked the bounceback when we were there for my DH's birthday in Jan.--- website hasn't shown any availability even @ rack rate for weeks. Originally we booked until the 10th, but decided to try 2 nights in the Garden Suites @ BWI. This will make 4 trips with our AP this year; Y&B really has become our home away from home! :cloud9:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Please add me
Will be staying beach club sept 20 25

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

Hi all!

Been lurking around this board for awhile - we will be staying at Beach Club August 17-23rd. (kids don't know yet - we don't tell them until the morning of vacation - otherwise they will drive us crazy!).

Anyway, was wondering about 1st floor rooms. We booked Garden View. Will there be an exterior patio?

We have previously stayed at values but last trip we used Sandcastle Club and we loved being able to walk into Epcot. Really looking forward to August :)

Thanks, Helen

:welcome: and thanks for de-lurking

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:yay:

Hi all, I don't post much but stalk you guys pretty much everyday. I am happy to ask to be put on the Be Our Guest list again. We (me, DH, DD 6, DD 4) had such a great time last October we have decided to do it again (well more like I decided and DH just nodded and went along with it). We will be there October 4th - 11th, BC SV. I was really hoping to get a LV after being magically upgraded last trip but that room type was not available with our discount. O well, I'll still be in Disney at the Beach Club and who can complain about that!

I'll add you to the list

:thumbsup2

It's official! Please add us to YC club level September 21-27:banana: no one knows where we are staying yet. I thought we needed to splurge since it's a 10 year anniversary/late kindergarten graduation celebration trip. And F&W festival and MNSSHP too! :dance3: I cannot wait for March 25! I want to make my ADRs!

I'll add your trip details to the Be Our Guest list

Hi all!! Sorry, I've been lurking for a bit now soaking in all the awesome info for our trip in Sept 2015... Another reason why I haven't posted (till now) was because as you can see, we have a ways until our trip! I saw the reno note above and there was a possibility mentioned of the reno starting in summer... are we speaking of this summer?

It will be our family's first time staying at BC and I'm leery now with reno talk... hahaha! Thanks!

No better place than here to hang out while waiting for your trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Could you please add me to the Be Our Guest List ... we will be at YC 8/21-8/27. So excited for our stay. :goodvibes

Will do!

:goodvibes

Continued in next post...

p. 93-95, cont.

Okay....in case you didn't notice.....I have a new ticker!!!!!!

DH finally saw the light of day (or got sick of me talking about it):rotfl2: and we are heading back in April!! Just for a short trip but I don't care!
We stayed at the BC in October and it was wonderful. This time we will be staying at the YC. Teena, I will still be over there visiting you at BC if you are there.

Dee we are staying April 26th-29th YC SV CL. Thanks!!

:banana::banana::banana:

I am SO happy to hear this!

I'll add you to the list.

I am laughing so hard I can't stand it. After more than 50 trips to WDW I find myself having traveled with almost every type below. Which now leads me to almost only traveling with my core little family (myself, DH, DD5, DD7) who love everything Disney as I do. :thumbsup2

Join me in as I will be at the BC (probably) with the special deal many of you got :) for the weekend of August 23-25!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

After deliberating a stay between the Poly and BC I decided to go with BC! The construction at Poly mostly swayed my decision but we're also doing a split stay at CR and I thought it would be more fun to stay at different parts of the world instead of just being on the monorail circuit the entire time. We'll be doing water view CL at BC May 26-30 and park view CL at CR May 30-June 03:goodvibes

Sounds like a fantastic split-stay!!!

I'll add you to the list

:yay:

I am so happy to say that we are going to the Beach Club (again!!):):)

We are booked March 20-23. Dh, me, and the 2 college ds on spring break. My son broke his foot and its not healing but hopefully he will be in better shape in a few weeks. If not we will improvise with crutches and wheelchair and his walking boot etc.

We have to stay at the Swan the 18th and 19th because there are no rooms at the BC.

So can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list, thanks.

:welcome: back!

I am happy to add you to the list

Anyone know if there are any restrictions, other than no glass, about bringing in outside food or drink poolside at Stormalong Bay?

I know people sometimes bring cans of beer in coolers down to the pool. Can you bring in takeout food from one of the World Showcase restaurants or say, a pizza delivered to the resort?

Anyone know if there are any restrictions, other than no glass, about bringing in outside food or drink poolside at Stormalong Bay?

I know people sometimes bring cans of beer in coolers down to the pool. Can you bring in takeout food from one of the World Showcase restaurants or say, a pizza delivered to the resort?

I know I've brought pizza and snacks from the Beach Club Marketplace and no-one commented :)

I've taken beer from Captain's Grille poolside. Only thing I've been advised by the lifeguards is not to get it too close to the pool.

Just had to pop in to say... I'm finally out of triple digits!! Only 99 days left!! Considering it is 5 degrees right now (-13 w/ wind chill), it can't come soon enough! :cool1:

I am so happy to say that we are going to the Beach Club (again!!):):) We are booked March 20-23. Dh, me, and the 2 college ds on spring break. My son broke his foot and its not healing but hopefully he will be in better shape in a few weeks. If not we will improvise with crutches and wheelchair and his walking boot etc. We have to stay at the Swan the 18th and 19th because there are no rooms at the BC. So can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list, thanks.

So fun!!!! :-)

Anyone know if there are any restrictions, other than no glass, about bringing in outside food or drink poolside at Stormalong Bay? I know people sometimes bring cans of beer in coolers down to the pool. Can you bring in takeout food from one of the World Showcase restaurants or say, a pizza delivered to the resort?

We do it all the time. Absolutely no restrictions other than no glass and keeping food/drinks away from pool and you are welcome to do it. We even pour wine in plastic containers to bring down and pack full coolers of food and drinks for a long pool day.

Just had to pop in to say... I'm finally out of triple digits!! Only 99 days left!! Considering it is 5 degrees right now (-13 w/ wind chill), it can't come soon enough! :cool1:

Congratulations! We are 115 days out, but counting down with great anticipation. We have done everything we can do at this point, but I wish there were more activities, choices, videos, whatever, to keep me in the Disney mode until FP+ choices are open on My Disney Experience. DIS unplugged and DIS boards are helping, but would like more. Any suggestions? :confused3 I think I have found all the relevant informational videos on YouTube available at the moment.

Can't believe we got it going. :woohoo:
We are coming to celebrate my daughters high school graduation!
Arriving Monday June 9th and staying till the 14th.
My big splurge is to not only stay at the Beach Club (I love writing that:cool2:) but also added in Club Level! :yay::yay::yay:
I look forward to possibly meeting the ever helpful and famous TeenaS when w get there. :worship:
I have been reading this thread for days and have just loved it from the very beginning. Ninja Mom you have got my wife worried I'm losing it :crazy: because I have been laughing out loud so much as I have read this thread, your list of types of people was fantastic! :banana: I fell of my stationary bike while reading that. (I'm rehabbing from a total knee replacement :crutches:)

I would love any advice you can give me as we have never stayed here, I've just admired from afar a never thought we'd ever stay.

Our party consists of me :goofy: my DW ::MinnieMo DD 21 :earsgirl: and the girl of the moment DD18 :earsgirl: and her faithful companion, her Seizure Response Service Dog :dogdance: Milo, all 78 pounds of him. He is a handsome Golden doodle full of energy.
TeenaS we should be pretty easy to spot :jumping1:so if you want to go on break when you see us coming :scared1:, I understand.

We are not doing he dining plan as we are doing club level, so we only have a few reservations this week. We really want, almost need a balcony as we would like the space to sit and relax with Milo while DD gets an afternoon nap in on most days as if she gets too tired :worried:its no fun for any of us. If we don't have the balcony one of us has to stay right In the room and just read or do something quiet. Any suggestions on how to make sure we have a full balcony?

I look forward to watching this thread grow and hope to learn more and once back, contribute.

Thanks and have a great day,
YO

We are 35 days out and anxiously counting down. Bringing DSis 48 and we are celebrating our bdays. I turn 51 the day after we arrive! Just have to vent as DSis still doesn't have her theme park ticket so I can't make any FP+ reservations. Time is ticking away. She also hasn't given me any feedback on what she wants to do. Can you spell frustrated!! We go often so I would be content to hang by the pool most of the time but I know she wants to do the parks. Calm me down please!! Where does she fit in that travel partner list??!!

First floor rooms all have patios.

We will be there the same time as you August 17-27, at YC though.
If you can, why don't you join us for our BC/YC Fourth Annual Dis Meet in the Solarium on August 18. You will get to meet the famous Teena!

Thank you for information.

May see you on the 18th :-)

100 days until our very first stay at BC, 6/6/14-6/9/14! We've been there for breakfast and just to look around, but have never stayed there. We're super excited for Stormalong Bay!

Congratulations! We are 115 days out, but counting down with great anticipation. We have done everything we can do at this point, but I wish there were more activities, choices, videos, whatever, to keep me in the Disney mode until FP+ choices are open on My Disney Experience. DIS unplugged and DIS boards are helping, but would like more. Any suggestions? :confused3 I think I have found all the relevant informational videos on YouTube available at the moment.

I feel your pain! We read menus on allears, read threads here, read various disney blogs, and watch any random disney YouTube video we can find. Last night we watched little mermaid. Since we'll be there over SWW we're going to start watching the movies again as a family. Wish I was more help. We're going going crazy over here. Totally impatient. ;)

Have you read any trip reports? I have found a lot of good suggestions of things to do and places to eat from those reports. :)

We will be at the BC in three weeks from today and we can't wait. It will be really nice to see green things and flowers again, instead of snow, ice, dirty snow and salt everywhere. We plan to spend a lot of time at the pool, too. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter