2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Dee (not flat) would make an appearance!!!!!!!!!!

Me too....

Well, I'm the fixed BC part-time greeter .. almost ten years now. We have three roving part-time greeters that rove between the BC and YC (Al, Dave and Gene). The full-time greeter at the YC is Richard ... he use to be the full timer at the BC. Then the fixed YC part-time greeter is Gary. Gary is super friendly if you happen to be there the two days a week he works. You'd love him I'm sure. Right now we are in the process of getting a full-time greeter at the BC. I believe Al might be going for it and there is a chance Richard might come back to the BC.

I'm just a talker (I love my BC guests) and love everything Disney and want everybody's vacation to be the best possible and if I can help you with plans or problems, that's all I want to do!!

Teena...you are so much more than just the fixed part-time greeter, you are the BEST, MOST HELPFUL AND KINDEST PERSON & CM period, end of story :hug:!!

Yes!

That is funny, I almost phrased the question ..."Would Bob, Jeanne & Lily enjoy the Reese's Kandy Kakes because I've tried the York and they are yummy?"

And same situation here, when Hostess was on hiatus Tastykakes came in and I too wouldn't have paid any attention if not for this thread and Teena.

BTW -- great tip on waiting for party in AC during the summer. So simple, but so smart and probably overlooked more than people realize.

I'm sure Bob, Jeanne and Lily would love anything chocolate and peanut butter. Now me, on the other hand, love chocolate and mint ... never had the mint ones but they sound wonderful!

I just booked the flight. Final payment for resort and tickets is due next month, and I'm ready to pay now, just so that it seems more real. I am so excited!

Here's to hoping that the Seven Dwarves Mine Train is running by then. I saw that they took down some of the construction panels blocking the view.

I just booked the flight. Final payment for resort and tickets is due next month, and I'm ready to pay now, just so that it seems more real. I am so excited!

Here's to hoping that the Seven Dwarves Mine Train is running by then. I saw that they took down some of the construction panels blocking the view.

Last I heard and it was from other CMs ... nothing official ... was they hoped to start soft openings in March and an official opening sometime in April. I can't wait. I'm hoping it's "mild" so Lily will like it this summer.

Looking forward to meeting you in May!

Quick question, if I'm staying at Beach Club Villas, where do I check in?

Depends on time you get there and whether or not you did an on-line check-in. As of today, they are still doing a "test". If you check-in on-line ahead of time and if you get there between I think it's 9AM to 5PM, then you check-in at the Villas. However, if you do not do an on-line check-in or it is not during those hours, you check-in at the Beach Club front desk.

This is subject to change since this is just a test and I have no idea how long the test will be going on. Could be days, weeks, months, etc.

Sorry ... not very helpful!

Depends on time you get there and whether or not you did an on-line check-in. As of today, they are still doing a "test". If you check-in on-line ahead of time and if you get there between I think it's 9AM to 5PM, then you check-in at the Villas. However, if you do not do an on-line check-in or it is not during those hours, you check-in at the Beach Club front desk.

This is subject to change since this is just a test and I have no idea how long the test will be going on. Could be days, weeks, months, etc.

Sorry ... not very helpful!

Got any advice on online check-in? Should I do it?

Thank you for your quick replies!

Got any advice on online check-in? Should I do it?

Thank you for your quick replies!

Here's my personal feeling on on-line check-ins. And remember, it's just my opinion as a guest, not as somebody that works there.

If I want to chat with the CM at the front desk and ask stuff like "I realize my room isn't ready yet, but could you give me an idea of what the view is or what floor it's on" and depending on the answer, I might say, "oh my, I really hate the first floor and requested a room not on the first floor ... is there something else available today?" ... then I would definitely NOT do an on-line check-in.

However, when we stay at the cabins, I honestly don't care where the cabin is and only thing I want is a ready room, so I check "ready room" as my only request and I do the on-line check-in ... so it's quicker. I don't need to talk to anybody about where it is or anything ... please just give me my packet, tell me my cabin number and off I go to get my golf cart.

So in your case, if you don't have any questions or you won't be making a change to the room that was assigned to you because you don't care about anything except getting a room (like me most of the time), then do an on-line check-in. Quick and easy!!!

However, if you want to chat about your room location, etc. and perhaps make changes (if there is anything else available that day and if not then possibly setting up a room change for when your "desired location or room" is available), then for sure do NOT do an on-line check-in.

Hope that helps.

You can't book a CL LV room with five people. There are two YC CL LV rooms with daybeds but only two so they don't book people with five in a CL LV room. All have either two queens or a king bed (only 6 out of 28 are king in CL LV at the YC). There is a room layout somewhere out there ... I'm sure someone here can post it ... that shows the fifth floor so you can see where all the rooms are in reference to the lounge.

All club level lounges at all the resorts change their offerings ... they constantly make changes so it's rare to find the same thing year after year. The new offerings they have been testing have gone over well. I'm sure they are still making changes as they try to zero in on a set menu. Then that set menu will change after a while ... I think the longest I ever saw a set menu at the Y&B that never changed was a year. When one item doesn't seem to be a hit, they change it. Then a new manager or chef comes along and makes total menu changes. Same as in all the Disney restaurants. I'm still reeling from them taking away the ribs every night at Cape May but at least they are back ... if only two or three times a week. And I'm going to try and find out which nights have the ribs when I get to work on Sunday!!!

Wow! I didn't realize our room was so rare! We had a YC CL Lagoon view in April and it had two queens and a daybed. I thought that was the norm. :upsidedow

Wow! I didn't realize our room was so rare! We had a YC CL Lagoon view in April and it had two queens and a daybed. I thought that was the norm. :upsidedow

Yep, you got one of the two. Congrats!!

Keep in mind if you get a room with just two queens and have two kids that just don't want to sleep together, you can always have a rollaway sent to the room. It stands up during the day so it doesn't take up a lot of room.

Yep, you got one of the two. Congrats!!

Keep in mind if you get a room with just two queens and have two kids that just don't want to sleep together, you can always have a rollaway sent to the room. It stands up during the day so it doesn't take up a lot of room.

It was a great room! :goodvibes

Well, I'm the fixed BC part-time greeter .. almost ten years now. We have three roving part-time greeters that rove between the BC and YC (Al, Dave and Gene). The full-time greeter at the YC is Richard ... he use to be the full timer at the BC. Then the fixed YC part-time greeter is Gary. Gary is super friendly if you happen to be there the two days a week he works. You'd love him I'm sure. Right now we are in the process of getting a full-time greeter at the BC. I believe Al might be going for it and there is a chance Richard might come back to the BC.

I'm just a talker (I love my BC guests) and love everything Disney and want everybody's vacation to be the best possible and if I can help you with plans or problems, that's all I want to do!!

Well then, Can't wait to meet you in August!

What are some close grocery stores to BC area? We will have a car, picking it up at the Dolphin.

I like the Super Target across from Publix on 192 ... head toward Animal Kingdom Lodge. Turn left at light at Sherbeth Road. Turn right on 192. Drive a bit and Publix is on right and Super Target on left.

Down to 17 days!!! First flight for Dd and Dniece and first time for all of us at BC! So hoping we have some nice sunny warm weather!

I like the Super Target across from Publix on 192 ... head toward Animal Kingdom Lodge. Turn left at light at Sherbeth Road. Turn right on 192. Drive a bit and Publix is on right and Super Target on left.

Perfect! Thanks Teena. Take care of yourself and follow doctor's orders.

What are some close grocery stores to BC area? We will have a car, picking it up at the Dolphin.

If it were me.... and it has been... I'd go to the Walmart.
They have a great selection of reasonably priced groceries, liquor and other sundries like pool noodles and, and, and.... well it's a Walmart for pete's sake so you know what they have...

The closer supermarkets around Disney know they are dealing with a captive audience so the selection is poor, the prices are sky high and they never seem to have what you really need.

This is about a 15 minute /$20-25 with tip/ cab ride one way. Traveling during rush hour means the trip will take longer/cost more. I use Mears transportation TAXIS.

To get to the Walmart I find the taxi at the Bell services desk.

When I am done shopping I call Mears Taxi service (Disney approved provider) on my Cell phone 1 407 422-2222 and the cab picks me up at the Walmart in about 15 mins.

Here is the info for the Walmart closest to WDW"

Walmart Supercenter
3250 Vineland Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34746

PHONE # (407) 397-1125
Open 24 Hours

Pharmacy Phone
(407) 397-1202

LINK : http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder_details_short.do?edit_object_id=5420

MAP: http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder_directions.do?directionsOrNot=true&sfsearch_single_line_address=Epcot&edit_object_id=5420&continue=&sfatt=

Hope that helps those of us that are looking to save a little money and buy snacks/diapers/Liquor/beverages/big screen TV's for the room

I like to think of it as red neck club level!
~NM

New revised forecast - we are now getting another 5 inches of snow tonight, on top of the 12 inches we got today!

Teena - are you missing the PA/NJ area???

Teena - you take care of yourself. Sounds like you have a top notch doctor. Follow his orders and rest!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter