2014 Alaskan Cruise

March/April is not too far, does anyone know if there will be a huge price difference if we book now for 2014 July vs 2013 July? If there isn't we might be able to go in 2013 rather than wait a year.

Your guess is as good as anybuddy else's.

We'd go back to Alaska with DCL (did it in 2012) if they return to Seattle. The Seattle stop included Victoria, which was great even though it was short.

Our family members did DCL out of Vancouver and the flights were pricey, hotels pricey, transfers pricey.

Seattle was a breeze--cheap flights, public transportation to DT, extra port. Port times are short but that doesn't bother us at all. We're not (at this point) all day excursion people.

We did the 2012 Alaska cruise that started in Seattle and ended in Vancouver. We were told by crew members that in the future they would be going in and out of Vancouver. We found Vancouver to be extremely easy. (we also found Seattle to be easy, but I don't think the switch will be a big problem) We are really hoping to book 2014... today would be great! LOL

We did the awesome DCL Alaska cruise out of Vancouver in July 2012. We looked at the Itineraries for both Seattle and Vancouver. No contest. The Vancouver one was vastly superior to the Seattle one. Yup, a little more expensive to fly to Vancouver but so worth it!

I wish too they had said more..LOL..but all they asked me was about my castaway status and when i said silver, the guy said you will be able to book on Thursday :cool1: Then i called Costco to find out when they can book and the great TA there didn't even know the 2014 dates have come out! :confused3 :sad2:

Does anyone know if the 2014 itineraries are the same as 2013? Other than the added 9-night cruise? Thanks!
Also, has anyone flown into/out of Seattle and driven/taken train to Vancouver? Airfare may be much cheaper that way. Thanks again!

Does anyone know if the 2014 itineraries are the same as 2013? Other than the added 9-night cruise? Thanks!
Also, has anyone flown into/out of Seattle and driven/taken train to Vancouver? Airfare may be much cheaper that way. Thanks again!

That's a great idea, and if i have heard it right the drive is fantastic too. Very scenic. If anybody else has done this please let us know :)

ddixon1 said:

Yes, amtrak is a great option from Seattle to Vancouver. It's very affordable (usually around $30 per adult) and beautiful. It's super easy, too. There is also a shuttle bus that can take you from Seattle to Vancouver for a good price.

Yes, amtrak is a great option from Seattle to Vancouver. It's very affordable (usually around $30 per adult) and beautiful. It's super easy, too. There is also a shuttle bus that can take you from Seattle to Vancouver for a good price.
Momma2Jak...Appreciate that info...planning my first Alaskan cruise in 2014...any hotel suggestions in Vancouver??? TIA :)

I was hoping Disney would do Glacier Bay instead of Tracy Arm, any idea if they are considering this for the 2014 itineraries? Holland America is the only one I can find doing Glacier Bay from Vancouver (at least in 2013)...

Seven-night Alaska:

Ports: Vancouver, Tracy Arm (scenic cruising through fjord), Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan

Departure dates: June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7, 14, 21, 28, Aug. 4, 11, 18, 25, Sept. 1

NEW Nine-night Alaska:

Ports: Vancouver, Sitka, Tracy Arm (scenic cruising through fjord), Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan

Departure date: May 24
-----------------------
"Wishing" there were more 9 night cruises...Super happy DCL is returning to Alaska!

looking at booking on thurs for opening alaska does anybody know do all the sailing prices start out the same for all dates? never booked on opening day, thanks in advance.

I was hoping Disney would do Glacier Bay instead of Tracy Arm, any idea if they are considering this for the 2014 itineraries? Holland America is the only one I can find doing Glacier Bay from Vancouver (at least in 2013)...

There is a very lengthy application process to get permits to sail into Glacier Bay. DCL tried to get a permit before they started sailing to Alaska but either gave up or were not successful. Cruise lines that have sailed Alaska forever seem to have them wrapped up.

looking at booking on thurs for opening alaska does anybody know do all the sailing prices start out the same for all dates? never booked on opening day, thanks in advance.

No, prices are not the same for all dates. Prices go up for peak seasons, i.e. June and July.

Just booked through Costco.

Alaska 6/30/2014 7nt
2A, 2C (10, 10)
Cat 9A
Total price including tax $6906.48
Breakdown
No Trns, no obb
Costco cash card $550.00
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter