• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all my dear GFers! I hope the Easter Bunny was very good to you.

There is less and less I can do from home when it comes to work. So, I've been cooking, baking and gardening. Yes, it has been a bit of bliss. One recipe that has been produced in the Follow kitchen is a certain Strawberry Soup! Put on some Disney music, close your eyes, sip some soup and imagine you are sitting in the RPC lounge. It almost works! :cloud9:🍓 Almost!

Now, any suggestions for my next GF dining extravaganza?!

Disney Parks Blog released the recipe for the Grand Floridan Chocolate Chip Cookie a few years ago!

Sticky buns?
Scones with Devonshire cream?

You have excellent ideas! Actually, we enjoyed scones, jam and cream out on our balcony last week. We had a series of lovely, mellow autumnal days down here. It really did feel like afternoon tea, enjoying some scones and looking out at the GF gardens ... just a little cooler than Florida! :-)

Disney Parks Blog released the recipe for the Grand Floridan Chocolate Chip Cookie a few years ago!

Ooh, now there's a thought! Thank you!

Off to find where we have tucked away the chocolate chips! 🍪

Are most of the standard rooms 2 queens w/daybed? Just hope we don't get stuck with a king bed. This would be for standard room lagoon view. The room descriptions are all over the place.

Me, wife and 3 littles so we definitely need 2 queens and a couch bed.

Are most of the standard rooms 2 queens w/daybed? Just hope we don't get stuck with a king bed. This would be for standard room lagoon view. The room descriptions are all over the place.

Me, wife and 3 littles so we definitely need 2 queens and a couch bed.

Yes, most standard rooms have 2 queens & a daybed. I think king rooms only accommodate 2 (possibly 3) guests, so a party of 5 will not be assigned a king room. Have a great trip :wizard:.

Hello to all my dear GFers! I hope the Easter Bunny was very good to you.

There is less and less I can do from home when it comes to work. So, I've been cooking, baking and gardening. Yes, it has been a bit of bliss. One recipe that has been produced in the Follow kitchen is a certain Strawberry Soup! Put on some Disney music, close your eyes, sip some soup and imagine you are sitting in the RPC lounge. It almost works! :cloud9:🍓 Almost!

Now, any suggestions for my next GF dining extravaganza?!
Well not specific to the GF but Disney in general

I made Jiko's Mac & Cheese right after we started our lock down
Next on my list is LeCellier's Cheddar Cheese Soup
Maybe I'll swap the strawberry soup for the cheese soup

Anyone know or have the recipe for the artichoke/spinach dip from RPC? Had a craving for that the other day

Hi everyone, we officially rebooked our sadly canceled May trip at the Poly to next May, but now it’s two weeks and we will be spending the first 4 nights at the GF staying RPC! It’s just me and my partner but we are really excited since the GF has been a dream resort for us both since we were kids and it was brand new. I’ll be celebrating my 40th birthday on this trip so we wanted to do something extra special, especially since we had to cancel this year.

That said, as we get started planning, I wanted to ask what is your favorite thing about the GF? Things to eat or do? With so much time we really want to enjoy what the resort has to offer.

Hi everyone, we officially rebooked our sadly canceled May trip at the Poly to next May, but now it’s two weeks and we will be spending the first 4 nights at the GF staying RPC! It’s just me and my partner but we are really excited since the GF has been a dream resort for us both since we were kids and it was brand new. I’ll be celebrating my 40th birthday on this trip so we wanted to do something extra special, especially since we had to cancel this year.

That said, as we get started planning, I wanted to ask what is your favorite thing about the GF? Things to eat or do? With so much time we really want to enjoy what the resort has to offer.
I’m sorry that you had to cancel your trip for this year, but congrats on booking RPC! I’m sure you’ll both love it!

My favorite part of any RPC stay was sipping wine in the lounge while listening to the music in the lobby :cloud9: I just love soaking in the sights, the sounds, and the amazing smell of the main lobby while taking a much needed break from the busy parks. It’s truly my happy place.

We haven’t been since Mizner’s Lounge was converted to Enchanted Rose but as a huge Beauty & The Beast fan, that would definitely be on my must-do list for our next trip.

You will love RPC! The lounge is spacious with plenty of areas to just sit and relax and enjoy the GF atmosphere. Other than enjoying the lounge, it's sometimes nice to just walk around the resort, taking in all the beautiful scenery :).

My favorite part of any RPC stay was sipping wine in the lounge while listening to the music in the lobby :cloud9: I just love soaking in the sights, the sounds, and the amazing smell of the main lobby while taking a much needed break from the busy parks. It’s truly my happy place.

I agree! :goodvibes

Like others have mentioned, just enjoying the lounge is always one of my highlights. While i love having my glass of wine while the orchestra or piansts play, my favorite time in the lounge is early mornings. I am a morning person, so while my DH is often still sleeping, I slip down there right before 7 AM, grab some coffee, and then sit by the window. I love watching Bay Lake and all the folks coming down for breakfast as the resort wakes up. One morning, I saw the Cinderella coach go by with a bride on her way to the wedding chapel.

If you have a theme park view, seeing the fireworks from your balcony with a glass of wine from the lounge is perfection. And if you don't have a theme-park view room, you can sit out at the tables by Gaspirlla's and see the fireworks from there.

I also love just wandering around the resort. And taking the boat back from Magic Kingdom on a nice day ;-)

We went in January for my MIL's 90th birthday and she left the resort only once to ride the monorail. Otherwise, she just had a grand time enjoying the resort. She loved popping down to the lounge for a snack or cup of tea any time of the day.

My only regret from our last trip is we didn't get enough resort time. We were the main helpers with my SIL and nephews (8 and 10) so spent a more time in the parks that we normally would.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter