(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought my first AP and look forward to a bunch of trips this coming year.

Congrats on the purchase of your first AP! I bought my first AP last June as I had a second trip in Oct with my niece, so those 2 trips alone made it worthwhile for me. But those APs can be addictive...lol. I'm currently working on a trip for May or June (can't pass up the 40% AP discount on most of the deluxes ;)), with the thought of possibly renewing as I want to take my niece back in August before she starts school and then again in Dec for the Christmas party. Not only are the room discounts nice (especially with 40%), but the dining and merchandise discounts are great as well! Have fun planning all of your trips, I can't wait to hear all about them :wizard:.

I know what you mean about them being addictive! lol And I haven't even activated mine yet...
I'm also looking at May, early in the month when my youngest sister is taking one of her kids and their children. Of course, I've mentioned the bd trip, it being when I will activate the AP.
And I'm tossed between that great Labor Day special we see crop up every year, and also thinking about July 4th, but can't do both. I have read about how much fun so many of the Dis-ers had last July 4th at the Poly and it's tempting. But again, you never see the GF discounted as much as that Labor Day special, do you? And with me being by myself on most of these trips (unless I can talk my sister into buying an AP), the GF is normally going to be out of reach for me.

I know what you mean about them being addictive! lol And I haven't even activated mine yet...
I'm also looking at May, early in the month when my youngest sister is taking one of her kids and their children. Of course, I've mentioned the bd trip, it being when I will activate the AP.
And I'm tossed between that great Labor Day special we see crop up every year, and also thinking about July 4th, but can't do both. I have read about how much fun so many of the Dis-ers had last July 4th at the Poly and it's tempting. But again, you never see the GF discounted as much as that Labor Day special, do you? And with me being by myself on most of these trips (unless I can talk my sister into buying an AP), the GF is normally going to be out of reach for me.

Mine doesn't expire until June, but I've already been contemplating renewing for a few months now :laughing:. I've never been over July 4th, but that would be a fun time to go. That Labor Day deal is usually pretty good, but like you said, I don't think the GF is discounted as much as others (it seems to be Poly and BC that are highly discounted, at least whenever I've priced it out in the past). I hope the next round of AP discounts is as good as the current one because that 40% helps alot (but then it also makes it very hard to not book a lot of trips...lol). Good luck with your sister and her getting an AP, that would be great if she would get one and travel with you :).

I had the most amazing experience staying at Grand Floridian over the weekend. We were upgraded to the Victorian Suite! It was my first time staying in club level, and I'm a bit spoiled now since this was the nicest room I've ever been in! We got to the hotel around 3pm and they told us our room wasn't ready yet, which was odd since they usually are around check-in. They didn't even mention that we were upgraded, I noticed when looking in the app that the room category changed, they just said we had a really nice room. I had never heard of this suite before and had to Google it lol. I wonder how much it actually costs a night, the only information I could find is that its a couple grand. Best Pixie Dust ever!

Wow! What an amazing Room!

Do you have pictures??

Hi ahcupcake! Good to see you posting! I remember all those trips you and your mom got to take. I just bought my first AP and look forward to a bunch of trips this coming year. Maybe I'll get that magical upgrade to the Walt Suite like you did!!

Hi @grannyminnie :wave::wave2:
Long time no "see". Congrats on your first AP and yay :cool1: for booking a bunch of short trips. Fingers crossed pixiedust:
Ahh yes the trips I hope to get back for their 50th which may or may not coincide with mine ;-) I still love to "fantasy" trips, haven't done that in a while.

I am a bit sad though as recently I found out one of my favorite GF CM's( I think she was favorite of many though) isn't there anymore.

I am a bit sad though as recently I found out one of my favorite GF CM's( I think she was favorite of many though) isn't there anymore.

Oh, no! Any change can be a wrench. When it's a change to our GF's routine and it is like losing a part of the family. As the GF family lost Richard a while back, a void was created where once there was a beloved cast member. Obviously another void has been created in your enjoyment, too. I know we all have our favorite CMs. Perhaps this particular CM was one of our favorites, too.

Long time no "see". Congrats on your first AP and yay :cool1: for booking a bunch of short trips. Fingers crossed pixiedust:
Ahh yes the trips I hope to get back for their 50th which may or may not coincide with mine ;-) I still love to "fantasy" trips, haven't done that in a while.

My sister and I were sad to find out that our favorite CM at the GF retired last year. It doesn't seem the same, going down there and him not being a part of our experience. I know there are several GF CMs that we recognize and look forward to seeing.
I sure hope you get to plan that REAL trip to WDW soon!!

Surprisingly both AP and LD rates are as good or not better at GF.

Good luck!

It's getting cl that can be tricky based upon availability and offering.

Surprisingly both AP and LD rates are as good or not better at GF.

Good luck!

It's getting cl that can be tricky based upon availability and offering.
Yes, I noticed that the GF is actually lower priced during the Labor Day special and was very surprised. I haven't checked CL because I will be doing solo trips most of the year and will not have my sister to pay half the rate.

Just switched from a Garden Wing Standard View at the Contemporary to a Outer Building Garden View room at the GF for a whole $10 more per night. I gotta say I really do love the AP discounts that are available for May this year. Incredible savings off the rack rates. I haven't stayed at the GF in over 20 years, looking forward to returning in May.

Does anyone have a favorite building they request that is the closest to the main building?

Oh, no! Any change can be a wrench. When it's a change to our GF's routine and it is like losing a part of the family. As the GF family lost Richard a while back, a void was created where once there was a beloved cast member. Obviously another void has been created in your enjoyment, too. I know we all have our favorite CMs. Perhaps this particular CM was one of our favorites, too.

Let's just say that she was an CL CM. She's still at Disney just not at the GF. So I'm wondering if she's at another resort or one of the parks

Let's just say that she was an CL CM. She's still at Disney just not at the GF. So I'm wondering if she's at another resort or one of the parks
It's certainly possible. CMs do, on occasion, move into training, accounts or other personnel departments. Some of our all-time favorite CMs are - or were - at RPC. I'm sure that your fav will be missed at the GF.

Just switched from a Garden Wing Standard View at the Contemporary to a Outer Building Garden View room at the GF for a whole $10 more per night. I gotta say I really do love the AP discounts that are available for May this year. Incredible savings off the rack rates. I haven't stayed at the GF in over 20 years, looking forward to returning in May.

Does anyone have a favorite building they request that is the closest to the main building?

Congrats on the change and the discount. I agree, the AP discounts this time around are great :wizard:.

My two favorite outer buildings are Big Pine Key and Boca Chica. Both overlook the courtyard pool and are close to the main building and beach pool. With that said, the GF isn't all that spread out so while some buildings are closer to the main areas than others, none of them are far away :).

Congrats on the change and the discount. I agree, the AP discounts this time around are great :wizard:.

My two favorite outer buildings are Big Pine Key and Boca Chica. Both overlook the courtyard pool and are close to the main building and beach pool. With that said, the GF isn't all that spread out so while some buildings are closer to the main areas than others, none of them are far away :).

Oh I know, I couldn't believe the savings when I seen it pop up. I doubt very much we'll be seeing discounts that big once Galaxy's Edge opens up. Might as well enjoy it while we can.

Thanks for the advice on buildings much appreciated.

Oh I know, I couldn't believe the savings when I seen it pop up. I doubt very much we'll be seeing discounts that big once Galaxy's Edge opens up. Might as well enjoy it while we can.

Thanks for the advice on buildings much appreciated.

I agree, I think once Galaxy's Edge opens discounts will be hard to come by....especially 40% :(.

You're welcome! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter