• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well I promised these back at Thanksgiving so I flew back down for these pix .

Just kidding ! Dh and I are having fun in the fla sun and had dinner with @Dispro1 abd family at Narcoossees last night .
Happy new year ! View attachment 372477View attachment 372478View attachment 372479View attachment 372480View attachment 372481View attachment 372482

Happy New Year!

Glad you got to stop by the Grand I know you love so much also!

You still plan on trying to make the balloon drop?

October is a popular time, with Food and Wine and Mickey’s Not So Scary, so if you are interested, you should act soon. It is already within the 11 month window.

I have stayed in both 1BR and 2BR at VGF. Both are spectacular.
Both have a full kitchen, balconies, washer/dryer, etc.

A one BR has a King bed in the bedroom. There is a queen-sized sofa and a Murphy bed in the living area.
The Master BR has an adjoining sink area with a spa-type tub. That adjoins the bathroom, which has another sink area, a walk-in shower, and a toilet. Usually the living room dwellers would use this sink, while the Master BR dwellers use the other sink. But all will share the shower and toilet.

A 2BR comes in 2 varieties. A 2BR lockoff sleeps up to 10. It is basically a 1BR as described above, with an adjoining studio. The studio has a bathroom so you have 2 showers, 2 bathtubs, 2 toilets etc. You have a King Bed in the Master, a Queen Bed and a queen sofa in the Studio, A Queen sofa in the living area of the 1BR section, and Murphy beds in both.

A dedicated 2BR sleeps up to 9. There is a Master with a King, and a 2nd bedroom with 2 queens. There is a sofa bed and Murphy bed in the living area. There are 2 full bathrooms, so you get 2 showers, 2 toilets, 2 bathtubs.

A 2BR is more comfortable with the extra bathroom. A 1BR is doable but crowded if everybody gets along and you can navigate the sharing of the bathroom.

The Murphy beds are not bad, but best used for a child. They are not the best for an adult male. If you know the Murphy beds at Poly,, they are similar.

Thank you very much for the assessment!! Very helpful!!!

Forgive the dark pics, we arrived late to our one bedroom villa in November. I haven’t figured out how to upload some of the larger photos, but these give you a general idea of some of the bathrooms and kitchen. It was beautiful, but it was only my husband and I. I would think for 5 people, one being a family friend, that the 2-bedroom would be amazing!

View attachment 372081 View attachment 372082 View attachment 372083 View attachment 372084 View attachment 372085 View attachment 372086 View attachment 372087
Beautiful photos - I think I'm sold!!! I think we will try for a 2BR. Was your room considered standard or lake view? I can see the water in the photo but I wasn't sure of the classification!!

Thank you for sharing!!

Is the 3 bedroom grand villa available only through the DVC, or is there an option to reserve this room like you would any other resort room?

Beautiful photos - I think I'm sold!!! I think we will try for a 2BR. Was your room considered standard or lake view? I can see the water in the photo but I wasn't sure of the classification!!

Thank you for sharing!!

It was a lake view, room 1316, I believe (3rd floor). We’re trying a standard studio in May, I’m hoping I’m not disappointed after the last room! It really was so beautiful! My husband loved the GF so much more than our following room at Copper Creek (and WL in general), which really surprised me. Needless to say, we can’t wait to go back!

Is the 3 bedroom grand villa available only through the DVC, or is there an option to reserve this room like you would any other resort room?
It is possible to reserve it as a hotel room, but only if no DVC member has reserved it. And there are only 6 GVs. One on each floor. So you might have better luck renting DVC points at the 11 month mark.

We are heading back to WDW in a month :cloud9:, but with a group, so not staying at GF :sad1:. However we can’t stop planning our Feb 2020 GF trip (pretty sure I have hubby convinced)! I’m considering renting a poolside cabana, but am finding wildly conflicting numbers as far as the rental cost for 1/2 and full day. Does anyone have recent numbers for off-peak times? Also, is it “worth it”? THANK YOU in advance! :thanks:

I was told in commander porters no balloons so we walked back to poly . Yay me it’s tine for EWP! Oh and 6:30 fireworks on the beach at poly were great !

They had 2 pop up bars in gf lobby! Lots of festive people .

Then a few pix at breakfast and leaving gf .
80F98CD3-DE92-4FFE-9FD1-3D54C0AD90E3.jpeg 8F8F0C0F-A83E-45CB-8466-4DACF6A6B6A1.jpeg 621FDFF4-F812-4662-A72F-1563A20464A8.jpeg FF66BA21-D432-48CB-A7F8-6F192902770C.jpeg B5AC94D9-5235-40B8-A20B-AD347F4123A8.jpeg B22DBA2B-0A8D-4716-9FD4-F39F1DF42607.jpeg 2D9635B8-C804-4DEE-9D5D-601C428BF687.jpeg 9FEBC35B-B13E-4187-A5B0-0136ED68C7C9.jpeg

Last edited:
I was told in commander porters no balloons so we walked back to poly . Yay me it’s tine for EWP! Oh and 6:30 fireworks on the beach at poly we’re great !

They had 2 pop up bars in gf lobby! Lots of festive people .

Then a few pix at breakfast and leaving gf .
View attachment 372760 View attachment 372761 View attachment 372762 View attachment 372763 View attachment 372764 View attachment 372765 View attachment 372766 View attachment 372767

Great pictures!! Did the beach stay that quiet once the fireworks started? That bar is great!! Wish it was always there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter