(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have the monorails been functioning lately? I had heard a lot about them being down. Have a food and wine trip planned at BC but can't get all my days so considering our options.

I just booked a one night stay at GF over Thanksgiving! This will be our first stay there and we are so excited. We are “sneaking” away from my mother in law in the Villages for a quick Disney fix. We are considering GF for our next big Disney trip, and this will be the perfect opportunity to check out the resort as a guest. Can’t wait!!!

How have the monorails been functioning lately? I had heard a lot about them being down. Have a food and wine trip planned at BC but can't get all my days so considering our options.
During the 4 days of our stay last week, the MK monorail was down one morning and more buses were dispatched. One evening when were heading back to GF from Poly, the monorail that we were on had to be restarted and it took 10 minutes longer to get back to GF. Overall we were happy with the transportation services. We had our car on site and was planning to just drive to places. But with all the constructions and detour around MK, we gave up and just used the buses/monorails/boats.

I stayed at the Grand last month. The Epcot line was fine for my entire trip, but the resort monorail went down a few times. I was waiting for the resort line at TTC switching from Epcot and teal got stuck between MK and CR so Disney shut down the line. I just walked to Poly. My friend got a Dole Whip while I refilled my mug and we finished the walk to GF. Until the new monorails (hopefully) appear, I think we will be in a constant limbo. December of 2016 was the worst luck I have ever had with the monorails.

I just booked a one night stay at GF over Thanksgiving! This will be our first stay there and we are so excited. We are “sneaking” away from my mother in law in the Villages for a quick Disney fix. We are considering GF for our next big Disney trip, and this will be the perfect opportunity to check out the resort as a guest. Can’t wait!!!
We visited my inlaws in Florida many Tgivings and then did a few Disney days while down there. Enjoy!

We've still got 190 days until were back at the GF - seems so far away! I love coming on here to keep the excitement going though :yay:

We are thinking of adding onto our DVC membership and wanted to try staying at some of the resorts we have never stayed at before. Therefore I booked one night at the GF this coming Feb to check it out. My family consists of me, my husband, 6 year old daughter and a baby son. We are going to arrive on a Sat morning and leave Sun afternoon. We plan to just stay at the resort. What are some suggestions on what to do doing our time there? Activies/restaurants etc. Which restaurants would be most baby friendly? Thanks for any insight!

The GF is a great resort, you're going to love it! The pools are a great place to spend some time. It's also nice just sitting or walking around the resort taking in the beautiful surroundings. I think most restaurants are baby friendly (even signatures) so anywhere at the GF is good (except Victoria & Alberts), but if you don't want signatures, 1900 Park Fare and GF Cafe are good choices. There's also Gasparillas for quick service. Hope you have a great stay :wizard:.

We do split stays every trip, but my DH wanted to stay put for at least one trip, and totally agrees with you guys on the 9 nights in the studio! Maybe we’ll do that this year and can change things up next trip!!

I think I agree with the others to do the 9 nights in one place, but whether you split or not, I'm sure you'll have a great return trip to the GF :goodvibes.

8 more days till 9 at the GF!!!:lovestruc

The wait is killing me!!! Lol

You will be there before you know it! :yay:

I feel ya! 16 more days here!!! :love:

:jumping1:

30 days here! Im so exited now I cant imagine if I was at like 6! lol

The days will go fast and you will be checking in before you know it ::yes::.

12 more days here and we are so excited!

:cool1: :cool1:

24 days until our first stay at GF and our first trip without the kids (DD23, DD24)
The wait is taking forever!!!!!!

Have a great adults only trip! :goodvibes

11 days for me. If you see a middle aged woman pushing an even older woman in a wheelchair, that would be me and my mother! Say hi!

Have a great time :wizard:.

7 more days til our 1st stay at GF!!!

Have a great trip! :cool1::cheer2::banana:

The GF is an amazing resort, you're going to love it! Hope you have a great time :).

:tink:109 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eeyore:

The time will go fast! Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

We've still got 190 days until were back at the GF - seems so far away! I love coming on here to keep the excitement going though :yay:

It does seem far away, but your time to leave will be here before you know it! :)

Thanks so much for writing!! I completely agree! I can’t wait to get back!!!

You're welcome! Looks like you have a trip coming up in a few months, so that will break up the wait time and you will find yourself back at the GF before you know it :goodvibes.

Hello

Thinking of booking our first GF stay for 5 nights from Christmas Eve. Followed by 5 nights at BC or AOA family suite (tbd).

It will be me, Dh, ds (11) and MIL (78).

It’s a garden view outer building we were looking at. Do all of these have patios or balconies and if I request a room with a day bed for ds is it likely that we will get one or are they not in that many rooms?

Also are some outer building better than others.

Sorry for all the questions but my lovely MIL has just offered to pay for this trip for all of us for a Christmas, assuming DH gets his holidays approved. We’ve never been at Christmas before.

Thanks for any help or advice.

You're welcome! Looks like you have a trip coming up in a few months, so that will break up the wait time and you will find yourself back at the GF before you know it :goodvibes.

We do!! The only positive thing about waiting is we are doing GF 2x next year, so it will be worth it! It really is our favorite place to be.

Where are you staying in 2 months?!

Hello

It’s a garden view outer building we were looking at. Do all of these have patios or balconies and if I request a room with a day bed for ds is it likely that we will get one or are they not in that many rooms?
The GV outer building rooms have 2 queens and the day bed for all except the few "king by request" rooms.

The 1st floor is a patio then the rest have a balcony.

Also are some outer building better than others.

Sorry for all the questions but my lovely MIL has just offered to pay for this trip for all of us for a Christmas, assuming DH gets his holidays approved. We’ve never been at Christmas before.

Thanks for any help or advice.

I like Big Pine Key for pool access. Sago is quiet, Conch is great for boat, and Boca Chica have nice views of pool.

Really GF is pretty quiet and lovely everywhere.

Came back to add I think BC is where you may have the problem getting the daybed. You may want to check over that thread. AoA is nice with the extra space. The beds are comfy too!

The GV outer building rooms have 2 queens and the day bed for all except the few "king by request" rooms.

The 1st floor is a patio then the rest have a balcony.

I like Big Pine Key for pool access. Sago is quiet, Conch is great for boat, and Boca Chica have nice views of pool.

Really GF is pretty quiet and lovely everywhere.

Came back to add I think BC is where you may have the problem getting the daybed. You may want to check over that thread. AoA is nice with the extra space. The beds are comfy too!

Thanks so much for your reply.

I think Ds could share with his granny for 5 nights at a push if he had his own bed at the GF.

Thanks so much for your reply.

I think Ds could share with his granny for 5 nights at a push if he had his own bed at the GF.
Well call and ask to have it noted on your reservation you need the extra bed. It cant hurt. Also they wouldn't know otherwise. I have requested the extra bed and said traveling with a son and daughter so they knew why. You should say gma and son would like separate beds and they will try to accamodate.

You are welcome!

Hi :wave2: longtime lurker checking in

I have no trips planned but this is a GF Anniversary for Mom & I. It's the 30th (UGH now I feel really OLD) Anniversary of our first stay, we were in Conch Key don't remember much other than the building, they used to have M&M dispensers on the tables at 1900 PF and it was also the trip that I fell in :cloud9::lovestruc with the GF

:wave: @MickeyNut,:wave2: @BlueSkies, :wave: @Maxie86 and anyone else I know that I missed

I just returned from GF. I had a booking for the same room category as yours, Main building standard club room. My room request to DSS was "first available room with 2 queen and 1 sofa bed"... We arrived around 830am. Our room was ready around 1pm that day..... We got room 4001, the Grand Suite...2200 sq ft, 2 bed rooms for our 4 day stay.. It was a gift from the Mickey Mouse. Here are pictures of the room if you are interested to see: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-897#post-59568233

I would say all rooms in the main building are nice.
Hope your family will be the next one to get pixie-dusted....pixiedust:
a
Congrats on your mega dose of pixie-dust pixiedust:

My mother & I were also dusted with that suite in Dec 2010.

I have no trips planned but this is a GF Anniversary for Mom & I. It's the 30th (UGH now I feel really OLD) Anniversary of our first stay, we were in Conch Key don't remember much other than the building, they used to have M&M dispensers on the tables at 1900 PF and it was also the trip that I fell in :cloud9::lovestruc with the GF

:wave: @MickeyNut,:wave2: @BlueSkies, :wave: @Maxie86 and anyone else I know that I missed

a

Hi there! Have you been back to GF after your stay in room 4001??? I wonder how I would feel if I return to GF and stay in the standard room. For that reason, my DH and I decide to stay at a different resort next time so to preserve our magical memory at GF.
I also wonder how often GF opens that suite to resort guests.

a

:wave2:

Remember the snack drawer in the rooms??? Ds loved treating himself to KitKats and Goldfish crackers:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter