(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from my 1st stay at the GF, it was a really good stay. I was booked in a garden view room and was upgraded to a lagoon view room. Big Pine Key 1st floor facing the Poly.

The only minor problem that I had was the new housekeeping policy. I totally understand the need for security and the new policy. It just did not work very well a couple of days for me. I was not feeling well and needed a nap in the afternoon. From about 1-3PM, housekeeping knocked on the door x5 and I got a phone call as well.

I explained the 1st time that I was ill and would like housekeeping to come later. Then came more and more knocks. By the 5th knock and the phone call, I was about out of politeness.

I ended up going down to the front desk later that night and explained what happened. Apparently there is a door sign that says "room occupied", the manager said I could have also called housekeeping and they would work around my schedule.

I had one more incident with housekeeping and multiple knocking even thought I told them each time I was in the room and would be for a while.

I am sure the new process is still in the working on the kinks stage.

Otherwise, the staff was great. I met Richard, he was wonderful.

I quite enjoyed myself, especially Mizners and the music.

Sorry about the housekeeping/security issues, but glad you had a nice time and enjoyed the GF :).

Here is Sandy Cove. A great place to stop even if visiting!

Note they have almond milk etc for those that need it and no cases of water either.

*** looking closely at the pics later I do see 6 pack waters on the top shelf***

F6E887CA-2D3C-4B8D-A405-14BF4A3567B8.jpeg 0A541B9E-5888-4948-A060-2939F9F25D0B.jpeg 0E22CE66-09A7-4350-8B29-C392F16298F3.jpeg F77EF26E-8301-4547-8DF6-17CF8262D904.jpeg 72378D36-824C-464F-8479-AA5B770831E1.jpeg 2EAB5A0D-0B40-4DDD-9966-B40C28DA966B.jpeg AF40398B-D3F5-4299-AB3D-29C42E331E5E.jpeg 830829A3-B966-48ED-8938-866C124EBBCA.jpeg 1756ABA4-8BF4-45BF-82CD-A570CB2E7A50.jpeg

Last edited:

Housekeeping: We didn't get it all at on our trip.

Honestly it was ds fault for the MOST part. However we missed both afternoons because they came after we had been in hot tub and all tucked in for a rest. 2 of the nights ds was in the room. Our last night after not receiving any service I saw the turndown across the hall from us when we left at 4:15pm for the night. We we got back we still didn't get it.

They did text me asking for a convenient time to inspect the room. I found the maid and said can you at least take the dirty linens? We were FULL! We were in the room at 3pm and just hanging out so I offered to let her inspect the room. OMG it was like a parent looking for stuff in a teens room. Weird.

Oh well I saved lots of money I would have tipped with. Since they only give one bottle of shampoo etc you didn't need that and gf keeps extra towels in the hall so wasn't a big deal after all.

I just posted this because I have seen lots of posts on this subject. Since we were textable I didn't have the door knocking issue like others had.

Final one!

I gave up alcohol for January unless on vacation. So when we got up from the lounge at 2:45 for our 3:30 ME I might have handed the cm a paper cup and requested some champagne. Some POG might have fallen in there too.

I might have had a nice stroll around the grounds and lobby:rolleyes1:flower1: :drinking1

8DC7BB19-6AF1-4A9F-A569-D5CAB54720C2.jpeg

Honestly it was ds fault for the MOST part. However we missed both afternoons because they came after we had been in hot tub and all tucked in for a rest. 2 of the nights ds was in the room. Our last night after not receiving any service I saw the turndown across the hall from us when we left at 4:15pm for the night. We we got back we still didn't get it.

They did text me asking for a convenient time to inspect the room. I found the maid and said can you at least take the dirty linens? We were FULL! We were in the room at 3pm and just hanging out so I offered to let her inspect the room. OMG it was like a parent looking for stuff in a teens room. Weird.

Oh well I saved lots of money I would have tipped with. Since they only give one bottle of shampoo etc you didn't need that and gf keeps extra towels in the hall so wasn't a big deal after all.

I just posted this because I have seen lots of posts on this subject. Since we were textable I didn't have the door knocking issue like others had.
All this stuff seems so strange (the room "inspections"). I'm not commenting on that other thread. It seems to have taken on a life of it's own tho.
And thanks for all the pics! Especially the food ones...:thumbsup2 Know you had fun because I saw on the food pics you posted!! :rotfl:

All this stuff seems so strange (the room "inspections"). I'm not commenting on that other thread. It seems to have taken on a life of it's own tho.
And thanks for all the pics! Especially the food ones...:thumbsup2 Know you had fun because I saw on the food pics you posted!! :rotfl:
That’s why I posted here . I was frustrated with no cleaning and then they were mad at ME because I wouldn’t let them during our break .

If I didn’t solve it via text I think it would have been not good.

I am willing to pay for an upgrade at check in. If there is no availability for one I am fine with the room category I have booked but I figured it pays to ask at check in. I am very particular because I do not want a dormer room.

My question is when asking for an upgrade are the rooms discounted since they are not booked? Or do they charge a rack rack?

@trishadono thanks for the pics of the store! That definitely helps, but do you remember if they sold bottles of liquid creamer in the fridge section, I didn't see it in the pics, but was hoping to buy it for the room we are staying in the villas..

I am willing to pay for an upgrade at check in. If there is no availability for one I am fine with the room category I have booked but I figured it pays to ask at check in. I am very particular because I do not want a dormer room.

My question is when asking for an upgrade are the rooms discounted since they are not booked? Or do they charge a rack rack?

There are always exceptions I’m sure, but any sort of paid upgrade at check-in would normally be at the rack rate, unfortunately. Disney doesn’t really do day of discounting to fill rooms.

@trishadono thanks for the pics of the store! That definitely helps, but do you remember if they sold bottles of liquid creamer in the fridge section, I didn't see it in the pics, but was hoping to buy it for the room we are staying in the villas..
I looked at my pix again and to the far right from nequick that is 1/2 and 1/2.

Agree with @GADisneyDad14 i have asked and always offered rack rate.

I hope you got those turn down chocolates! I’d want the toiletries restocked too. I use the shampoo! Saves me room in luggage so I can over-pack more :sad2: Lol.
I have to admit I’m a concerned about this security check for our next trip. It is weird. And intrusive. I hope by August they will have stopped this nonsense. Like you we are usually in the room around 3 for a break. Or by pool.

I hope you got those turn down chocolates! I’d want the toiletries restocked too. I use the shampoo! Saves me room in luggage so I can over-pack more :sad2: Lol.
I have to admit I’m a concerned about this security check for our next trip. It is weird. And intrusive. I hope by August they will have stopped this nonsense. Like you we are usually in the room around 3 for a break. Or by pool.
Jp got chocolates 1 out of 3 nights . I didn’t get any!

I would have asked for early room service but our hall was tiny and I would watch maid cone towards me . I still don’t know why they kept skipping our room until we showed up?

I agree hope it settles soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter