(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya on the weather! It's a balmy 39 degrees here in WI right now :rotfl2: We feel lucky.

Getting so excited for August. With Pandora, ROL, new Soarin, Miss Adventure Falls--actually all of TL for that matter as we have never visited-- and the many new restaurants in DS since our last visit, it will bring lots of exciting firsts this trip.

Oh the waiting......:bored:

Good morning! :wave2: I have a question/request for those with experience with Sugar Loaf in regards to room requests. I'm curious to hear any pros/cons/perspectives on location relative to the lounge, noise level from lounge, floor level, or anything else I should keep in mind. I'm familiar with GF having stayed RPC last year, but I've never stayed in SL.

For context, it would be four of us, two adults and DS6 and DD2. We do a lot of resort/pool time, so tend to be in/out of the room quite a bit. I tend to value convenience in daily comings/goings and being close to the lounge as priorities in our other WDW resort travels. My gut is telling me courtyard view, first floor, close to the lounge would be a good fit for us?

DS2 still sometimes naps every other day and we'd be putting her to bed some nights in the 8-9pm range. She'll sleep through anything but still curious as to any noise level from rooms towards the center.

Thanks in advance! :thanks:

Good morning! :wave2: I have a question/request for those with experience with Sugar Loaf in regards to room requests. I'm curious to hear any pros/cons/perspectives on location relative to the lounge, noise level from lounge, floor level, or anything else I should keep in mind. I'm familiar with GF having stayed RPC last year, but I've never stayed in SL.

For context, it would be four of us, two adults and DS6 and DD2. We do a lot of resort/pool time, so tend to be in/out of the room quite a bit. I tend to value convenience in daily comings/goings and being close to the lounge as priorities in our other WDW resort travels. My gut is telling me courtyard view, first floor, close to the lounge would be a good fit for us?

DS2 still sometimes naps every other day and we'd be putting her to bed some nights in the 8-9pm range. She'll sleep through anything but still curious as to any noise level from rooms towards the center.

I have stayed in SL twice when RPC was being refurbished. You could not pay me to stay on the first floor of the building. One of the loudest areas I have ever experienced in any resort. The ends may be okay but I cannot imagine being in the rooms that are literally right outside the lounge. We were in the turret room top floor on both trips and I still found it a bit noisy. However, if you value the ability to easily come and go and be close to the lounge offerings it may work for you.

Take my opinion for what it is as after those two trips we would move to another CL rather than stay in SL. We love RPC and the atmosphere, but we are very reserved and quiet.

I never found SL to be noisy in the room...I have never stay on the 1st floor though. If the deluxe rooms are still by request I would definitely request one, and if it is not still by request I would try to book one if its in the budget. I love the extra room especially with a toddler that may be napping in the bedroom. They have a separate sitting room with sofa and 2nd TV, they also used to have a table and chairs but I think that may not be there now, it's been several years since we stayed in one. There are only three deluxe rooms and they all face the courtyard pool. My next favorite would be a marina view, you can see the fireworks from some of them, but not all. The building really isn't very big so no room is that far from the lounge, but unless on the 1st floor you will have to take the elevator down. I wouldn't mind the 1st floor if it wasn't one of those right outside of the lounge, and with little ones it would be more convenient for coming and going to the pool.

How about these:

Narcoosee's
V&A
Citrico's
1900 PF
Tea Room
GFC

Just to name a few--->:teeth:
V&A is out of the price range unless we don't eat the rest of the week. :D:oops: We've done Narcoossee's, 1900PF and GCF. Just trying to decide which to repeat vs. which to try.

We stayed GF SL in October 2015. My DD's were 4&5 at the time. I requested a pool view and to be near an elevator. Our room ended up being on the 3rd floor (which was great) but it was the FIRST room next to the elevators. I didn't need to be that close! However, we had zero noise issues and it ended up being a pretty good location. I was told the hotel was fully booked but you would've never known it. I never waited long for an elevator. The lounge did seem loud to me and I was grateful we were not on the first floor. We are going back in June, and I plan to request an upper floor since that memory stands out. It was very easy for me to go down in the mornings and grab a muffin for the kids and coffee for myself to bring it back to our room.

We stayed GF SL in October 2015. My DD's were 4&5 at the time. I requested a pool view and to be near an elevator. Our room ended up being on the 3rd floor (which was great) but it was the FIRST room next to the elevators. I didn't need to be that close! However, we had zero noise issues and it ended up being a pretty good location. I was told the hotel was fully booked but you would've never known it. I never waited long for an elevator. The lounge did seem loud to me and I was grateful we were not on the first floor. We are going back in June, and I plan to request an upper floor since that memory stands out. It was very easy for me to go down in the mornings and grab a muffin for the kids and coffee for myself to bring it back to our room.

Awesome, thank you so much! Really appreciate the detail. :thanks:

KacieD - The dessert looks delicious! You have a beautiful view of the pool from your room. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Just booked a last minute trip to the GF May 11-14!! Had not planned on going back until the Fall but couldn't resist being in the MK for the finale of Wishes. My Husband and I got engaged during Wishes in 2007 so the show holds a special place in our hearts. Flights were reasonable so with a decent AP discount we decided to go for it!!

Our last few trips were during F&W so we stayed at the BC for convenience (our second favorite resort). The Grand feels like home though and I am really looking forward to being back.

I'm keeping plans to a minimum as we'll likely spend most our time at the resort. Made reservations at 'Ohana (a must!), Via Napoli and GFC for breakfast. Was surprisingly lucky to score a Dessert Party reservation for the last night of Wishes so I'm hoping that will help with the anticipated crowds. The rest of the time we'll be at the pool bar with our favorite bartender, Pete. Should be a memorable and relaxing trip!! Only 64 days to go...

@KacieD or anyone for that matter could you please tell me if they still have the Lobster Hash on their in room dining menu. TIA

We stayed at SL a few years ago and requested a "quiet room" (I always make that request). We were on the top floor at the very end of the hall nearest the main bldg with a pool view. It was very quiet, even when the Courtyard Pool games were going on during the day. Hope that helps!

We stayed at SL a few years ago and requested a "quiet room" (I always make that request). We were on the top floor at the very end of the hall nearest the main bldg with a pool view. It was very quiet, even when the Courtyard Pool games were going on during the day. Hope that helps!
We always request quiet rooms, too. Usually I make the request as "away from elevator". One year, we were in the room right next to the elevator. We had to move because all we heard through the wall, continuously, was the thunk of the elevator doors closing. It was maddening! And of course, kids screaming and running as they got off the elevator.

Last edited:
Hello fellow GF fans! Page 2 rescue!!!:wave2:

KacieD Thanks for the lovely photos..GF pics are the next best thing to being there! Btw..great view!

Lisann Thanks to you too for that wonderful video...I could listen to the GF Society Orchestra every day! :lovestruc

I never found SL to be noisy in the room...I have never stay on the 1st floor though. If the deluxe rooms are still by request I would definitely request one, and if it is not still by request I would try to book one if its in the budget. I love the extra room especially with a toddler that may be napping in the bedroom. They have a separate sitting room with sofa and 2nd TV, they also used to have a table and chairs but I think that may not be there now, it's been several years since we stayed in one. There are only three deluxe rooms and they all face the courtyard pool. My next favorite would be a marina view, you can see the fireworks from some of them, but not all. The building really isn't very big so no room is that far from the lounge, but unless on the 1st floor you will have to take the elevator down. I wouldn't mind the 1st floor if it wasn't one of those right outside of the lounge, and with little ones it would be more convenient for coming and going to the pool.
What she said!! :thumbsup2..with the exception that we have stayed in rooms on the first floor and not found it to be noisy at all...also in rooms over the atrium without issue..

How about these:

Narcoosee's
V&A
Citrico's
1900 PF
Tea Room
GFC

Just to name a few--->:teeth:

Grand list!! :goodvibes

Just booked a last minute trip to the GF May 11-14!! Had not planned on going back until the Fall but couldn't resist being in the MK for the finale of Wishes. My Husband and I got engaged during Wishes in 2007 so the show holds a special place in our hearts. Flights were reasonable so with a decent AP discount we decided to go for it!!

Our last few trips were during F&W so we stayed at the BC for convenience (our second favorite resort). The Grand feels like home though and I am really looking forward to being back.

I'm keeping plans to a minimum as we'll likely spend most our time at the resort. Made reservations at 'Ohana (a must!), Via Napoli and GFC for breakfast. Was surprisingly lucky to score a Dessert Party reservation for the last night of Wishes so I'm hoping that will help with the anticipated crowds. The rest of the time we'll be at the pool bar with our favorite bartender, Pete. Should be a memorable and relaxing trip!! Only 64 days to go...

Enjoy..sounds wonderful! Some of our best trips have been those last minute ones! :thumbsup2

We are busy working in our summer ADRs..you know..it's always about the food..lol...:tongue:...now if Disney woyld just release ROL dining packages for our time frame..we'd like to book Tiffins for that...

Happy planning everyone..:earsgirl:....happy GF Gal who wants to finalize my ADR list! Lol..

PS...Tom.. have you unpacked yet???:littleangel::laughing:

View attachment 224075 View attachment 224076 View attachment 224077 We just love this place! We have been here 3 of our 5 nights, and it has been wonderful in every way! Food is great, the pools are perfect, and the transportation has been (mostly) easy! I'm sold!

Kacie so glad that you are having a fantastic time - what amazing pictures! We stayed at the GF 10 years ago when my son was turning 2, so your pictures are really taking me back! The restaurant is Narcoosees, right? We always eat there every trip. Were you staying in Boca Chica, that's where we stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter