(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're renting points through Daves and wondering what type of coffee makers the villas have? We only get housekeeping on day 4 and I don't want to run out of coffee! :)

I believe 3 regular packs and 1 decaf (we just left the villas). They have wonderful "nespresso expresso" from a self serve machine in the lobby. It's actually a "lungo" pod with 3 choices of pour. S., M., and L.

We are here at the GF RPC now. I have to say check in was pretty bad. No one to greet us so we stood in line at the check in desk for about 10 min. Bad timing as a large group came in before us. The CM then had to get another CM who brought us over to another CM who brought us upstairs. I asked her about the change and she just shook her head and said lots of cuts! We got a text that our room was ready as we were going up to the room.
Well then, maybe they need to cut the prices!! :sad2: You're paying for upgraded service and extra perks in CL so if it's not delivered, don't charge for it!! (can ya tell I'm somewhat annoyed at the insane prices? :crazy2: )

Agree, and this goes to show it happens at all levels right up to the GF club.

In many instances I don't think people are purposefully rude, but I think they just go into vacation oblivion mode.

One morning I heard the family next door hanging out in the hallway at 645 am. Talking and laughing, getting ready to go on about their day. 15 minutes passed with me just hoping they would go on and leave but finally at 7 I had to poke my head out and ask them to keep it down. They at least looked embarrassed and did leave but really, use some common sense.
I think that was rude of you telling other guests to be quiet for laughing and being happy,you sound a bit "stuffy"

I think that was rude of you telling other guests to be quiet for laughing and being happy,you sound a bit "stuffy"
Nope, I disagree. It was 15 minutes outside her door. Maybe the poster was out until 2:00 AM, don't think those same neighbors would appreciate the same concern for noise and FUN at that time. No reason to hang out in the hallway for any length of time with no concern for noise(laughing and happy too- doesn't matter) Just my two cents worth.

Nope, I disagree. It was 15 minutes outside her door. Maybe the poster was out until 2:00 AM, don't think those same neighbors would appreciate the same concern for noise and FUN at that time. No reason to hang out in the hallway for any length of time with no concern for noise(laughing and happy too- doesn't matter) Just my two cents worth.
whilst i completely understand yr point of view & its great if absolutely nothing "bothers" us ,i know that if it were me outside that door trying to get my family out with sunglasses,hats sun cream & all the last minute things we keep running back excitedly for ,i know that if my neighbor were to stick their head out of the door telling me to be quiet & move away, that would ruin my whole day!!..I think Disney is the wrong place to expect that even in the Flag ship hotel!...Maybe somewhere like the Maldives would be more suited!! Maybe also the complainer did come home at 2am and maybe next door did hear but wasn't petty enough to knock on the wall

whilst i completely understand yr point of view & its great if absolutely nothing "bothers" us ,i know that if it were me outside that door trying to get my family out with sunglasses,hats sun cream & all the last minute things we keep running back excitedly for ,i know that if my neighbor were to stick their head out of the door telling me to be quiet & move away, that would ruin my whole day!!..I think Disney is the wrong place to expect that even in the Flag ship hotel!...Maybe somewhere like the Maldives would be more suited!! Maybe also the complainer did come home at 2am and maybe next door did hear but wasn't petty enough to knock on the wall

645am is too early to be making noise in pretty much any neighborhood and the same is true in a hotel room. I am quiet in the hallways at any hotel regardless of what time it is. You want to have a conversation with your family, do it IN YOUR ROOM where I can't hear you, not in the hallway. You think I'm stuffy and rude? I won't say what I think of your response.

Someone waking my whole family up at 6:45am would ruin MY whole day. It is most definitely RUDE to be loud in the hallways of a hotel ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD at any time, unless there is some sort of emergency requiring all in the hotel to be notified. At 6:45am, the level of rudeness is heightened.

It's not like she stepped into the hall and said "shut up and leave already", that would be rude. However, stepping out into the hall and politely asking someone if they could possibly hold the noise level down a little is not the worst thing in the world. Like others, of course I expect to hear noise in the hallways and whatnot at all hours, but it's not usually for prolonged periods of time and I think that's when it starts to become a bother to others. I think everyone, as a whole, needs to be aware of their surroundings and try to be accommodating to each other, everyone is on vacation to have a good time but there are ways to be do that and still be aware that you aren't the only ones in the "world".

Someone waking my whole family up at 6:45am would ruin MY whole day. It is most definitely RUDE to be loud in the hallways of a hotel ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD at any time, unless there is some sort of emergency requiring all in the hotel to be notified. At 6:45am, the level of rudeness is heightened.
Just wait 'til they do it a 3am! Some people do not understand hotel living.

HI everyone
My DH and myself will be staying in a studio in the villas for the first time this April. Can anyone tell me if the pools have umbrellas? My DH does not like the sun and after some time I also like some shade. Can't wait to be staying there!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Congrats on your first VGF stay! Yes there are table at the pool with umbrellas..also there are some spots at the courtyard pool due to the large lovely palm trees!

This was our first RPC visit, although we do stay club level at the Grand Californian (the "other" Grand) several times a year. A CM did not meet us at the car, we needed to inform the valet -- and a club CM found us at the regular registration counter. Our room was 4330, which was last on my request list, one of the 6 deluxe king turret rooms. We were very happy with the room, walk in closet and easily the largest hotel room we have stayed in (other than a suite).

We liked how the lounge is directly accessible from all the club level rooms, so it's feels quite spacious. GCH has a small club lounge (key card to enter) which is often crowded. The lounge food was good, slightly more variety than GCH. The lounge service was excellent, there was often several CMs replenishing the food.

Glad that you had a grand stay at the GF! Thanks for sharing your thoughts....Love the monorail view from that deluxe room...:goodvibes

We are here at the GF RPC now. I have to say check in was pretty bad. No one to greet us so we stood in line at the check in desk for about 10 min. Bad timing as a large group came in before us. The CM then had to get another CM who brought us over to another CM who brought us upstairs. I asked her about the change and she just shook her head and said lots of cuts! We got a text that our room was ready as we were going up to the room.

Sorry for the bumpy start to your trip....:eek: Sounds like it got a lot better though!

Erika AKA TgrlvsPooh did an excellent SL TR, as Dispro mentioned. Hope the link works here https://erika_murphy.silvrback.com/disney-s-grand-floridian-resort-and-spa
And yes there is a kids TV area :)

I had mentioned about TgrlvsPooh's TR too...but hadn't shared the link....thanks for adding that!!! :thumbsup2 Highly recommended reading...as she does write such good TR!

I'm sorry they made you wait in that line. The least they could do is to have a check-in counter and line for CL stays. We'll be there soon and I'm not looking forward to the cutbacks. I think they should cut back our room rate at this point. :(

Almost trip time for you!!!! :dance3: Don't worry...even with some of the changes the overall service and ambiance of the resort are still grand!!! :wizard:

They have even stopped using the concierge desk that is on the left when you first walk in. They are now at the check in desk so there are less CM to check you in.

Heard about that during our recent stay..I would think that it would make the check in desk a whole lot busier....

Does anyone know if there will still be monorail maintenance going on at the end of April?

Found this right here on the Dis...kind of vague with the dates...as are many Disney rehabs....lol...

Monorail - 1/13/2016-4/2016 The monorail is under refurbishment and may have modified service or routes. You should check on the day of travel the best option to use. Alternative transportation options may be available.
HTH...:)

My two cents on the noise in the hallway...there is such a thing as consideration for others...being loud for an extended period of time in a hotel hallway ( yes 15 minutes is a long time IMO at any time of day ) is not ok..its inconsiderate....

~ Yet another page two rescue.....:eek: ...lol..GF groupies must be enjoying the beginning of the weekend! :earsgirl: GF gal who is busy planning ADRs for our summer trip....

Hi everyone! I don't know what it is about this week but I've really been wishing I was in Disney right now!!! It's so funny how after a trip I think "Ok, I've got my Disney fix for another year or two" and then I get home and just want to be back - despite the annoyances I had on the last trip - LOL!!!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend and enjoying some sunshine - even it it's not in Orlando!

Oh - and about hallway noise - absolutely ridiculous for people to be outside in the hall at 6:45 a.m. talking outside other people's doors. I don't think there's anything rude about asking them to please be quiet or go into their own rooms to talk.

Just booked the villas for late January 2017 and saw this message on the DVC booking site:
Some common areas of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa may be unavailable to Disney Vacation Club Members staying January 23 – 29, 2017 due to a special event. Members who have reservations at The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa during this time period will be contacted by Member Services at a later date to provide further details. At that time, Members who wish to cancel for these particular dates will be able to do so with no penalty, and will receive assistance booking alternate accommodations.
Anyone know what this special event is?

I posted this on the CL thread, and thought I should post here too: Our first CL stay will be this summer at GF Sugarloaf. So excited! Has anyone had any experience getting family portraits done by Disney Photography at GF. Saw it as an option in the email from IPO. Thoughts?

Hey everyone, hope everyone had a magical weekend!!:tinker:

~ Yet another page two rescue.....:eek: ...lol..GF groupies must be enjoying the beginning of the weekend! :earsgirl: GF gal who is busy planning ADRs for our summer trip....

Hey Blue - Love planning for ADRs, finished mine for July not too long ago!!:yay:

Hi everyone! I don't know what it is about this week but I've really been wishing I was in Disney right now!!! It's so funny how after a trip I think "Ok, I've got my Disney fix for another year or two" and then I get home and just want to be back - despite the annoyances I had on the last trip - LOL!!!

Hi Loveshak22 - every year I thinking we need to take a year off from WDW and the Grand and I just can't bring myself to skipping a year, I get that pang for a Disney Fix!!:tinker:

Regarding hallway noise, I was once tempted to say "you might want to tone it down, I've a got two hormonal teenagers inside who are about ready to come out and test the twinkie defense." Fortunately, they got some common sense and quieted down.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter