(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! We are about three months home from our GF ten day trip. I'm missing the GF and WDW. I'm having our second daughter in 4 days, so no 2016 WDW trip. My almost 5 year old and I are really missing it this year! We are spoiled!!!! She keeps saying "When we go to Disney World when I'm 5...."

smart child.

Hi guys! We are about three months home from our GF ten day trip. I'm missing the GF and WDW. I'm having our second daughter in 4 days, so no 2016 WDW trip. My almost 5 year old and I are really missing it this year! We are spoiled!!!! She keeps saying "When we go to Disney World when I'm 5...."

I totally get your homesickness for the Grand Floridian! I just love the magically elegant lobby! Did you know there is a woman who sits in the lobby all day every day. I can totally understand why she likes it there.
Best wishes to you and your family for your new little addition in just a few days!

We're here!!! We were originally staying at BC for our upcoming June trip, but just changed it last night to stay (for the first time!!) at the GF!!! We're booked in a "outer building-deluxe room-garden view" room! We have 2 teenagers (16 & 14) and we're excited about the extra room. Is is safe to assume those rooms all have 2 queen beds plus the full pull out bed or is that something I need to request?

Also, I booked a room only reservation for the first night (ahead of when our trip was supposed to start) b/c the incoming flight times didnt work out well with my plans :rolleyes1 so now I have 2 reservations (for the same room type) but what is the probability I can stay in the same room the first night and then for the next 6 when the package kicks in??

So excited to be staying at the GF!! We also have a few "first" meals at the GF planned for this trip too - Narcoossee's, the Cafe and 1900 PF....

EEEEEKKKK!!!! :love::love::love::flower1::flower1::flower1:

Disney's website lists 4 different ways your room could be set up for Outer Building a Garden View, including two queens and a pull out, but also a king and a pull out, or just two queens. You may want to call a CM to be sure. Years ago I stayed in an outer building with a garden view and had a room with a view of the marina and lake.

Disney's website lists 4 different ways your room could be set up for Outer Building a Garden View, including two queens and a pull out, but also a king and a pull out, or just two queens. You may want to call a CM to be sure. Years ago I stayed in an outer building with a garden view and had a room with a view of the marina and lake.

hmmm...we have reserved a "outer building - deluxe room - garden view" and the description I see on the Disney site is: "Views of Courtyard Pool or Marina, 2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed Sleeps up to 5 Adults".

Where do you see where the other room bedding options are listed? I think I'm missing something...:worried:

hmmm...we have reserved a "outer building - deluxe room - garden view" and the description I see on the Disney site is: "Views of Courtyard Pool or Marina, 2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed Sleeps up to 5 Adults".

Where do you see where the other room bedding options are listed? I think I'm missing something...:worried:

There are outer building garden rooms that aren't "deluxe" and I think this is the misunderstanding here. The deluxe rooms are larger with a turret, I believe.

On the Disney website, when you choose a resort and choose the outer building garden view. Then click on room description.

On the Disney website, when you choose a resort and choose the outer building garden view. Then click on room description.
Yes, you folks are right, I just went to the Disney Wesite and now I see that there are two types of rooms in the Outer a Building garden view. Since she has a deluxe room she should have a room with two queens and a pullout.

32 hours later and still snowing!! We are at 14 inches so far! I'm going nuts around here. So I am making ADRs for our Apr 30th checkin date at GF. I mean, what else is there to do?

I'm so bored!!!! :crazy2: :bored:

Just wanted to jump in quickly. I'm booking our GF fall trip and did see that the regular garden view outer building rooms have a balcony. The deluxe one is a bigger room, but no balcony because you get the extra square footage from the turret shape of the building. So there is a trade-off....more space or else a balcony. Choice would depend on your needs.

This may have come up a million times in this long thread, but it could easily be missed in the room comparisons.

Just wanted to jump in quickly. I'm booking our GF fall trip and did see that the regular garden view outer building rooms have a balcony. The deluxe one is a bigger room, but no balcony because you get the extra square footage from the turret shape of the building. So there is a trade-off....more space or else a balcony. Choice would depend on your needs.

This may have come up a million times in this long thread, but it could easily be missed in the room comparisons.

Thanks for the clarification!! This is our first stay at GF, and I haven't had time to obsess over it for too long so I'm just learning!! For our family the bigger room is better than the balcony...we have 2 boys (16 and 14) and they dont sleep in the same bed and are quite tall and need their "space" and indoor space is better than outdoor space!!

Thanks for the clarification!! This is our first stay at GF, and I haven't had time to obsess over it for too long so I'm just learning!! For our family the bigger room is better than the balcony...we have 2 boys (16 and 14) and they dont sleep in the same bed and are quite tall and need their "space" and indoor space is better than outdoor space!!
Actually it's just the top floor deluxe that doesn't have a balcony. The other 3 floors do have a balcony off to the side.

We're here!!! We were originally staying at BC for our upcoming June trip, but just changed it last night to stay (for the first time!!) at the GF!!! We're booked in a "outer building-deluxe room-garden view" room! We have 2 teenagers (16 & 14) and we're excited about the extra room. Is is safe to assume those rooms all have 2 queen beds plus the full pull out bed or is that something I need to request?

Also, I booked a room only reservation for the first night (ahead of when our trip was supposed to start) b/c the incoming flight times didnt work out well with my plans :rolleyes1 so now I have 2 reservations (for the same room type) but what is the probability I can stay in the same room the first night and then for the next 6 when the package kicks in??

So excited to be staying at the GF!! We also have a few "first" meals at the GF planned for this trip too - Narcoossee's, the Cafe and 1900 PF....

EEEEEKKKK!!!! :love::love::love::flower1::flower1::flower1:
Call reservations and make sure the 2 reservations are linked as a continuing stay. When you arrive go to the resort check in desk and make sure your reservations are noted as continuing stay, and remind them you would like the same room. That night I'd go to front desk again to make sure you're in the same room. Doesn't hurt to be too careful. I did this last winter when I had 2 reservations at the same resort. The next morning you'll have to go thru the formality of checking out of first reservation & checking into new one. I do it real early so it doesn't interfere with getting to rope drop.
I think your chances are good you'll be able to keep room.

32 hours later and still snowing!! We are at 14 inches so far! I'm going nuts around here. So I am making ADRs for our Apr 30th checkin date at GF. I mean, what else is there to do?

Wanna make a snowman? :duck:

Call reservations and make sure the 2 reservations are linked as a continuing stay. When you arrive go to the resort check in desk and make sure your reservations are noted as continuing stay, and remind them you would like the same room. That night I'd go to front desk again to make sure you're in the same room. Doesn't hurt to be too careful. I did this last winter when I had 2 reservations at the same resort. The next morning you'll have to go thru the formality of checking out of first reservation & checking into new one. I do it real early so it doesn't interfere with getting to rope drop.
I think your chances are good you'll be able to keep room.

When I log into My Disney Experience I can see both reservations since I linked them myself, but is that the same/enough or do I need to call back to the 407 number and talk to a person?

also, since I'm getting 2 sets of Magic Bands I'm assuming I need to use the first set of for the 1st night and then the 2nd set for the remaining nights?

I really hope we can stay in the same room - DH would not be impressed if we had to move - and would I mention that in my room request too??

thanks!

I'm in the same boat as far as snow! I think we're at almost 36 hours and about 22 inches :faint:

Except, I don't have an April trip to look forward too :headache:

I'll live vicariously through the Dis though :thumbsup2

Congrats on the upcoming birth of your second Princess!

Hi friends...I am at hour 42 at work :( 6 more to go. I was able to dig out my Jeep but I'm in need of a DISboards fix. Hope my other Grand friends are faring well in the post-Snowmaggedon madness!!

Sounds like a long 3 days!! Hopefully you get home soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter