(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some rooms have a balcony and others do not. If you want one, request one. Otherwise I think any pool view you get will be wonderful.

Oh no! I thought all the rooms had balconies:sad::sad::sad::sad:. Which rooms/buildings have them, and which don't? And the ones that don't have a balcony...what do they have? Thanks!!

Oh no! I thought all the rooms had balconies:sad::sad::sad::sad:. Which rooms/buildings have them, and which don't? And the ones that don't have a balcony...what do they have? Thanks!!
The regular rooms have balconies or patios, it's the deluxe rooms with the extra bump-outs that do not due to building shape. You get a lot of extra space with the deluxe room but if need a balcony more have them than not. Make sure to call and request one.

So if you hooked a std, lagoon or TPV room you are ok!!:)

The regular rooms have balconies or patios, it's the deluxe rooms with the extra bump-outs that do not due to building shape. You get a lot of extra space with the deluxe room but if need a balcony more have them than not. Make sure to call and request one.

So if you hooked a std, lagoon or TPV room you are ok!!:)

Wonderful! We booked a standard room. Thanks so much!!

pjSH0Q1.jpg
rUWgqgR.jpg
zpgbyCI.jpg

We are here in a Sago Cay dormer with a view of the marina! We love the proximity to the Main Building and dining venues.

Our "Spa Day" was marred due to another guest's behavior and this is what happened:
We checked into the spa early due to our room not being ready. Had an amazingly relaxing time in the spa pool and had the tile loungers to ourselves over a 4-hour time period... akin to a private spa experience!

While waiting in the Relaxation room immediately prior to our treatments, where people enter and exit to get to the lockers, a Caucasian lady begins to leave and asks a CM for help. At the doorway, she fake bows and in a cartoonish-Asian accent says: "Is it ... Um ... Say oh nair uh?"
I respond: We only speak English; it's just "bye."
She responds: "Could have fooled me."

In the hallway, we hear her asking the CM if we are Chinese... No, we are 3rd and 4th generation Americans!

Not a great way to have pleasant GF memories and this happened less than a minute before our massage therapists arrived to welcome us!

Spa photos:
Senses Spa located across from the Villas
image.jpg
Relaxation Room that is poorly situated. All spa traffic flows through this room. As described above, not a "relaxing" area.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Spa area includes whirlpool, tile loungers, and steam room. In the photos, the lines of algae/mold behind the glass waterfall can be seen. Loungers were lukewarm, at best.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Locker room was very nicely equipped and well-serviced. Two rain showers and vanities areas were in addition to the locker area. Soft plushy robes were in great supply.
image.jpg
We had a "massage for two" and Jacob and Tara, our massage therapists, were excellent at deep tissue massage! I receive massages every three weeks because I'm training for the Princess and Tink 10K runs and the quality of this Senses massage was amazing. CM friend, an entertainment performer, felt wonderful after her massage.

We both felt that our treatments were excellent but we rated the spa area a 7 out of 10 due to size, the loungers, and obvious mold growth. Also, if the flow of traffic were better designed, we certainly would have been relaxed immediately prior to our massages.

Last edited:
We are here in a Sago Cay dormer with a view of the marina! We love the proximity to the Main Building and dining venues.

Our "Spa Day" was marred due to another guest's behavior and this is what happened:
We checked into the spa early due to our room not being ready. Had an amazingly relaxing time in the spa pool and had the tile loungers to ourselves over a 4-hour time period... akin to a private spa experience!

While waiting in the Relaxation room immediately prior to our treatments, where people enter and exit to get to the lockers, a Caucasian lady begins to leave and asks a CM for help. At the doorway, she fake bows and in a cartoonish-Asian accent says: "Is it ... Um ... Say oh nair uh?"

In the hallway, we hear her asking the CM if we are Chinese... No, we are 3rd and 4th generation Americans!

Not a great way to have pleasant GF memories and this happened less than a minute before our massage therapists arrived to welcome us!

Spa photos:
View attachment 125058
Relaxation Room that is poorly situated. All spa traffic flows through this room. As described above, not a "relaxing" area.
View attachment 125059 View attachment 125060 View attachment 125061
Spa area includes whirlpool, tile loungers, and steam room. In the photos, the lines of algae/mold behind the glass waterfall can be seen. Loungers were lukewarm, at best.
View attachment 125062 View attachment 125063 View attachment 125064 View attachment 125065
Locker room was very nicely equipped and well-serviced. Two rain showers and vanities areas were in addition to the locker area. Soft plushy robes were in great supply.
View attachment 125066
We had a "massage for two" and Jacob and Tara, our massage therapists, were excellent at deep tissue massage! I receive massages every three weeks because I'm training for the Princess and Tink 10K runs and the quality of this Senses massage was amazing. CM friend, an entertainment performer, felt wonderful after her massage.

We both felt that our treatments were excellent but we rated the spa area a 7 out of 10 due to size, the loungers, and obvious mold growth. Also, if the flow of traffic were better designed, we certainly would have been relaxed immediately prior to our massages.

The "No diving" sign makes me giggle. I'm not sure how you could dive.

Don't let one poorly mannered guest ruin your trip. You only had to put up with him or her for 10 seconds. Just imagine everyone else who has to suffer daily contact!

Spa photos:
View attachment 125058
View attachment 125062 View attachment 125063 View attachment 125064 View attachment 125065
View attachment 125066

So sorry! Stupid people can be found even at the World.

Glad your spa was nice tho! Training is a lot of work. I have been stuck at 1mile all summer, I don't think I'll be entering any marathons anytime soon ;)

Back from our wonderful visit to Disneyland...:love: As it was on my last visit, the DL Hotel did not disappoint! :cloud9: I don't know how to post pictures and honestly this visit did not take that many. If anyone has any questions I can answer, I'll be happy to try.
I've lost touch with this thread...who is at the GF now, besides hiroMYhero?

Back from our wonderful visit to Disneyland...:love: As it was on my last visit, the DL Hotel did not disappoint! :cloud9: I don't know how to post pictures and honestly this visit did not take that many. If anyone has any questions I can answer, I'll be happy to try.
I'm here. Leaving today boohoo!! Glad you had a nice DL trip.

So sorry! Stupid people can be found even at the World.
Yes, CM friend and other CMs can attest to that. When she is in a role where she isn't encased in fur, she hears racist statements and slurs by guests and other CMs on a far too often basis and posts these incidents on her Facebook. Before we left Senses, the incident was posted and garnering a multitude of responses.

I had never encountered this before during any of our previous onsite stays and never while at DL. It couldn't last forever, I guess, and I'm sorry it occurred at GF... at least I know everyone on this thread are nice people within the cyber-world. :)

Yes, CM friend and other CMs can attest to that. When she is in a role where she isn't encased in fur, she hears racist statements and slurs by guests and other CMs on a far too often basis and posts these incidents on her Facebook. Before we left Senses, the incident was posted and garnering a multitude of responses.

I had never encountered this before during any of our previous onsite stays and never while at DL. It couldn't last forever, I guess, and I'm sorry it occurred at GF... at least I know everyone on this thread are nice people within the cyber-world. :)
I'm so sorry you encountered this at the GF but it shouldn't happen anywhere. There is no excuse for rude behavior. Enjoy the rest of your stay and ignore the rude peeps.

Hi! Hope you will do at least a mini-TR so I can hear all about your visit!! Safe travels back home...did you book a bounceback? (what's the percent off now, still 35%?)
Thanks. The only BB now is for free dining. I'll have to wait for ap rates to book a January trip. I'll try to do a mini yr but probably won't have time until the weekend. Back to work tomorrow to earn more Disney money.

Good to know! I just booked the Fairy Tale Suite @ DLR for our March stay:cloud9: PM me about your DL trip if you want to brag about your ladies great time!

I also booked GVTR for a 4:45 dinner (food is enough for us girls) for January too! Need my GF fix!:lovestruc

There has been so many comings and goings lately, I can't keep track either! Have been enjoying the pix and mini TR's:flower3:

Mandy Beautiful pictures..thanks so much for sharing them! :goodvibes

Spa photos:
View attachment 125058
View attachment 125066

Hiro Glad that you are enjoying your stay! :thumbsup2 For some reason I cannot view your photos?? Sorry to hear about your spa encounter...and others have said there are ignorant people everywhere....:eek: ..Glad that it was a brief encounter...and that you overall enjoyed your spa time....

WELCOME BACK!! :goodvibes grannyminnie! Happy to hear that you had another wonderful trip to DL! Was this your first stay at the DL hotel?? It I have browsed pics of it online...and it looks lovely....

I'm here. Leaving today boohoo!! Glad you had a nice DL trip.

Safe travels home....Loved the pics...:goodvibes Its the next best thing to being there!

Good to know! I just booked the Fairy Tale Suite @ DLR for our March stay:cloud9: PM me about your DL trip if you want to brag about your ladies great time!

I also booked GVTR for a 4:45 dinner (food is enough for us girls) for January too! Need my GF fix!:lovestruc

There has been so many comings and goings lately, I can't keep track either! Have been enjoying the pix and mini TR's:flower3:

:cheer2: What a magical trip that is going to be :cake:....Enjoy every memory making minute!!! GVTR is a great way to get a GF fix.... I think that scones and clotted cream make a fine dinner.... :lovestruc...lol...I think that Dispro is the next one heading to the GF....:goodvibes

SomeImagination The GV rooms at the GF are anything but standard...they all (well mostly..there are a few behind the pool house views in BPK and Boca Chica I believe..) have very lovely views of the pool or marina (yes marina view is in the GV category...:thumbsup2) or the beautiful grounds in general....each of the outer buildings has their pluses ..proximity to the pool..main building etc....Our fave is Boca Chica...right close to both the courtyard pool and the boat dock ..and has very nice views of the main building across the courtyard pool area...No matter what you chose...or are assigned...I am sure that you will be pleased! :lovestruc

Hope that everyone is having a terrific Tuesday....:flower3: preppy GF gal who is sorry to say that this is the last day of summer....:wave2:

Hi, Blue!! No, this was my second stay at the hotel...I tell ya what, when it gets down to it, I would honestly be hard pressed to choose my favorite between it and the GF! No kidding...
And did you notice I cancelled my next stay? Sis and I have decided that we don't want to go again so soon...well, let me re-phrase that: the money needs to build up again and hubby might not take kindly to another visit to Mickey so soon! lol

What?? You are going to be in the Fairy Tale Suite?? Holy cow? I am sooooo jealous! I'll PM ya when I get the chance, ok?

Thanks. The only BB now is for free dining. I'll have to wait for ap rates to book a January trip. I'll try to do a mini yr but probably won't have time until the weekend. Back to work tomorrow to earn more Disney money.
Lol...wonder if anybody on this thread spends money on anything else??? hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter