(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

Just booked a standard room with a passholder discount for club level in the outer buildings. We head out in 17 days and I am beyond excited. We've stayed club level at AKL and loved it.

This is our first stay at GF - (we have visited many times for dining and Christmas decor) I put requests in for a dormer room or upper floor. Is there any suggestions for staying at the resort? Any tips? Things I should check out? Thanks!

Also- I'm skimming through the thread and so many gorgeous pictures!

Sarah
How exciting! Our trip is close too, but we've been counting down for a very long time! We might be there at the same time...we leave in 18 days (not counting today):) I hope we have good weather...no rain! BTW, I agree with Trish on the marina side of the Sugar Loaf CL. It's SO pretty on that side!

How exciting! Our trip is close too, but we've been counting down for a very long time! We might be there at the same time...we leave in 18 days (not counting today):) I hope we have good weather...no rain! BTW, I agree with Trish on the marina side of the Sugar Loaf CL. It's SO pretty on that side!

How exciting, we are a few weeks after you but we have the countdown fever as well. I second the marina view. While we don't stay club level, we request Sago as a garden view room there can, and usually is, a view of the marina!!!!

Tom

We got back from VGF on Saturday. It was the most amazing trip ever and I am so in love with the GF! I was so worried that after wanting to stay there for 20 years that it wouldn't live up to my expectations, but it definitely surpassed them! I cannot wait to go back and I can't imagine staying anywhere else ever again. Now I might be able to answer some questions on this board :)

We got back from VGF on Saturday. It was the most amazing trip ever and I am so in love with the GF! I was so worried that after wanting to stay there for 20 years that it wouldn't live up to my expectations, but it definitely surpassed them! I cannot wait to go back and I can't imagine staying anywhere else ever again. Now I might be able to answer some questions on this board :)

You have now encountered "THE PROBLEM!" I feel like I'm cheating on the GF when I stay anywhere else on property. But next month we are going for Food and Wine, so it is much more convenient to stay at an Epcot resort........and then ALL the nieces decided they wanted to come while I'm there in February so we are doing a spilt stay --I'm not staying in a single room with 5 with only 1 bathroom, so we are for the first time staying value at AOA -- the kids picked it out -- 16, 17, 23 and 24, so I'm game if they are. They've all stayed with me at the GF before so it is going to be an experience!

Tom

mandy200587 - can you see what is going on in Gasparilla's? I know that it was closed for rehab (don't know why, since it was redone 3 years ago). Has it reopened?

Here now for our babymoon. Crowds are not what I was expecting for Level 1/2/3 on most crowd calendarso but we're rolling with it. AND we are in Boca Chica room 8523. Dormer room and even though we booked just a lagoon view room we walked out on our balcony and just about passed out when we saw a full view of Magic Kingdom!! I'm going to have a huge problem staying anywhere else - the service is amazing, but more importantly this is the best room I've ever stayed in on Disney property!

Here now for our babymoon. Crowds are not what I was expecting for Level 1/2/3 on most crowd calendarso but we're rolling with it. AND we are in Boca Chica room 8523. Dormer room and even though we booked just a lagoon view room we walked out on our balcony and just about passed out when we saw a full view of Magic Kingdom!! I'm going to have a huge problem staying anywhere else - the service is amazing, but more importantly this is the best room I've ever stayed in on Disney property!
Yes, unfortunately, Disney is always crowded! But just think what the crowds would be like at level 10! I'm glad you got an awesome room! Have a fantastic time:)

You have now encountered "THE PROBLEM!" I feel like I'm cheating on the GF when I stay anywhere else on property. But next month we are going for Food and Wine, so it is much more convenient to stay at an Epcot resort........and then ALL the nieces decided they wanted to come while I'm there in February so we are doing a spilt stay --I'm not staying in a single room with 5 with only 1 bathroom, so we are for the first time staying value at AOA -- the kids picked it out -- 16, 17, 23 and 24, so I'm game if they are. They've all stayed with me at the GF before so it is going to be an experience!

Tom
I know exactly how you feel! GF will always be my favorite, but I am starting to like trying out other resorts too! For many years, we stayed nowhere else, but then we realized that other resorts have nice features too (like SAB at BC!) so we've started stepping out of our comfort zone for the past couple of years...which actually has allowed us to afford more trips per year:)

BTW, I think AOA looks really fun... Plus I like the price of their suites!

This is my biggest worry for our November trip! Crowd levels on our park days are 2 and 3 but based on current zero availability at GF for that time and how hard it is to get ADRs, I am guessing it's going to be what I would consider a 6 or 7!

I think now there are no true 'low' crowd periods. I think a 1 isn't what most people would think a 1 would mean, but is in comparison to full capacity...sadly!

This is our third year in September I believe and I can truly say this is the most crowded I've seen it at this time. The resort doesn't really reflect it but the monorail and parks do.

This is our third year in September I believe and I can truly say this is the most crowded I've seen it at this time. The resort doesn't really reflect it but the monorail and parks do.

Ugh! Sorry! It's good to hear that the resort at least is an escape from the crowds!

Yes!!!

There's been some issues off and on still with the monorail, it was down this morning to Epcot. Express was down for a bit this afternoon. Don't know about Resort one having any issues yet.
Do they provide you with a bus to Epcot?

Tom
I'm trying aoa in January with 3 20/21 yr olds! I thought I saw you post on the Ada board but I got busy and forgot to see what you posted. Heading there next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter