(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now thinking that my DH might just love RPC (and me too!!!) This upgrade will be a surprise for him so I guess I will be hiding all the invoices for this trip so he doesn't notice the price increase...I am really getting excited.

How exciting!!! Both of you will love RPC!! :wizard:

Hello fellow GF fans! :wave2:

Just popping in to share some info...

~ Passholder rates are now out for booking between October 4th and December 22...

Seems there is a bit more availability than there was a few days ago with the GP fall only offer...:wizard:

Happy booking and planning! :earsgirl:

Standard rooms have Cuisinart pods. They also supply little packs of cream and sugar but the cream is powder. They have liquid creamer at Gaspys if you fill a coffee mug there. Not sure if they have it for sale. Many pages back someone mentioned a case of Water was $17 at the resort.

Hi Everyone!!!! Is the above quote still accurate? I've tried using search and I'm getting really old answers. We are staying in the DVC villas (one bedroom) and my Mom drinks only decaf. I want to have plenty onhand for her, but I don't know if I should buy pods or what?? Can anyone help???

Hi Everyone!!!! Is the above quote still accurate? I've tried using search and I'm getting really old answers. We are staying in the DVC villas (one bedroom) and my Mom drinks only decaf. I want to have plenty onhand for her, but I don't know if I should buy pods or what?? Can anyone help???
The DVC villas have regular coffee makers not Cusinart Pods. If you're renting DVC points you won't get coffee refills but can prob bring or buy coffee at resort store, as well as coffee cream. If you just booked with Disney (not renting points) they replenish coffee items daily.

The DVC villas have regular coffee makers not Cusinart Pods. If you're renting DVC points you won't get coffee refills but can prob bring or buy coffee at resort store, as well as coffee cream. If you just booked with Disney (not renting points) they replenish coffee items daily.

Thank you so much for the info Sue......it's our first trip as DVC owners!!!:flower:

View attachment 114126
Are we in a beach mood, yet?
Only a few more days!!! I got the email to set up my texting. I also got another email to stream line check in too! Since I am a little crazy I have the room numbers for SL memorized so when I get my text with room number I can do a happy dance.

Mil surgery today but dr's are very optimistic that all will go well and back to herself in little time.

Gonna pack this weekend once I know mil is ok!

Oh and dd wants tonga toast so I told her do a run to poly, get takeout, take mono back to lounge. I'm not skipping rope drop for food! (She wanted to go have breakfast one morning at poly)

It is nice that you can food hop with the mono resorts!

They really replenish coffee daily? I thought it was only on the days they came to clean the room if you were staying long enough. That's good news!

Hello fellow GF fans! :wave2:

Just popping in to share some info...

~ Passholder rates are now out for booking between October 4th and December 22...

Seems there is a bit more availability than there was a few days ago with the GP fall only offer...:wizard:

Happy booking and planning! :earsgirl:

Thanks for the heads up Blue! I was thinking of buying an AP if the offer was good enough for an RPC CL room. It only adds about $400 more to our trip, but I may be going back to WDW next year and so it would break even cost wise. But...I must have called too late because when I called today the CM said there was no availability! I don't want to buy the AP until I know the discount and know I'll get a room but she said to try back everyday as people change their plans! Similar to advice I've received on here :thumbsup2

Only a few more days!!! I got the email to set up my texting. I also got another email to stream line check in too! Since I am a little crazy I have the room numbers for SL memorized so when I get my text with room number I can do a happy dance.

Mil surgery today but dr's are very optimistic that all will go well and back to herself in little time.

Gonna pack this weekend once I know mil is ok!

Oh and dd wants tonga toast so I told her do a run to poly, get takeout, take mono back to lounge. I'm not skipping rope drop for food! (She wanted to go have breakfast one morning at poly)

It is nice that you can food hop with the mono resorts!

So sorry to hear MIL did end up having to have surgery. Hopefully it goes well and she recovers quickly! Sending positive thoughts to you and your MIL! :goodvibes

Woo-hoo on your email for texting service!! The 12th is almost here and it sounds like you need this trip B-I-G time, what a hectic, crazy summer for you!

So sorry to hear MIL did end up having to have surgery. Hopefully it goes well and she recovers quickly! Sending positive thoughts to you and your MIL! :goodvibes

Woo-hoo on your email for texting service!! The 12th is almost here and it sounds like you need this trip B-I-G time, what a hectic, crazy summer for you!
Thanks! and YES!!!!

We leave on 10/31 for our 1st stay at VGF!!!! Is it too early to start packing????? :rolleyes1
Nope and have fun planning!

BLUE, thanks for the passholder update.

I'm finalizing my plans for our first VGF stay in 28 days and I have a timing question.

We have an ADR at BoG for 08.05 on 09/04. We are planning on leaving the resort at 07:15. Is that early enough or should we try to leave closer to 7? I'm not sure what the monorails are going to be like that day that early.

We will be checking in to SL on 8/17. I emailed IPO asking for connecting rooms but when I went to do online check-in - under preferences adjoining rooms was checked and couldn't be unchecked. There was no connecting rooms preference. Should I continue with online check in or wait til we arrive? Also any hints as to what rooms we should be requesting. Thanks in advance

We will be checking in to SL on 8/17. I emailed IPO asking for connecting rooms but when I went to do online check-in - under preferences adjoining rooms was checked and couldn't be unchecked. There was no connecting rooms preference. Should I continue with online check in or wait til we arrive? Also any hints as to what rooms we should be requesting. Thanks in advance
I've never bothered with online check in since we stay CL and I always want to make sure I am happy with the room they've given us. I would call IPO to make sure it was noted on your reservation (even though you emailed). They assign rooms 3-5 days ahead of your arrival ( at least that's what I've been told) so maybe you can call a couple of days before you arrive to see if you were assigned connecting rooms, if you are concerned. I know they are not allowed to tell you the room numbers for security reasons, but maybe they can at least tell you that the rooms are connecting??

They really replenish coffee daily? I thought it was only on the days they came to clean the room if you were staying long enough. That's good news!
Sorry, don't want to give misleading info. If you're DVC or renting DVC points from someone or an agency like David's DVC they don't replenish supplies you're correct. But if you just are doing a regular booking with Disney, anyone can book a DVC room just like standard rooms, then you get daily service like any wdw room. I hope I'm explaining it ok! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter