(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love looking at all the pictures here of the GF. If all had gone right this year, we would be there right now. Instead, we got the tuition bill for DS college last night. In the meantime, I sent AAA an email for prices for a trip at the GF next year. Surprisingly, it is less than the prices on line direct from Disney. Well, it's nice to dream about going to the GF next year. This time next year, we will have 2 college tuition bills to pay.

Keep posting pics of the GF!!!

As to seeing the fireworks from SL, we stayed on the marina side and if you leaned over a bit, you could catch a glimpse of them. The view in front of Gasparilla is much better.

Have a Grand day my friends.

I love looking at all the pictures here of the GF. If all had gone right this year, we would be there right now. Instead, we got the tuition bill for DS college last night. In the meantime, I sent AAA an email for prices for a trip at the GF next year. Surprisingly, it is less than the prices on line direct from Disney. Well, it's nice to dream about going to the GF next year. This time next year, we will have 2 college tuition bills to pay.

As to seeing the fireworks from SL, we stayed on the marina side and if you leaned over a bit, you could catch a glimpse of them. The view in front of Gasparilla is much better.

Good to know! I requested a marina view room at sl.

Ya this is our first 2 kid tuition year! yuck!

Aww, I know you will make it back to GF soon! Everybody comes back to Disney eventually, the pull of the mouse is too strong! It's like gravity or something, just cannot resist it forever, lol.

48 more days until our first VGF stay!

Where's the best place to watch the fireworks from at GF? We will be getting to the hotel around 8pm on our first night there and thought it might be nice to watch the fireworks from the resort since we've never done that before.

Just about to do online check in and was wondering if there are any standard club level rooms that include a view of the water pageant? I would like to request this but I don't want to request something out of my room category. Thank you all for helping us plan our first stay at RPC
are you in the main building? i don't believe there is any really god view of the EWP from that building. it is not very close to the water and you would be higher up.

48 more days until our first VGF stay!

Where's the best place to watch the fireworks from at GF? We will be getting to the hotel around 8pm on our first night there and thought it might be nice to watch the fireworks from the resort since we've never done that before.
the marina outside of gasparilla's has a great view.

Awesome!!!! BTW, if your bag feels 225lb heavier when you arrive....ignore it, it is the heavy air from flight.

Tom
Since we have a direct flight with JetBlue we are going to let ME collect and deliver our bags!! So we will exit the plane and do our Disney stride to the bus!

5 days of cl food and drinks they should weigh me on the return flight though, I am going to gain a few for sure.:drinking1

are you in the main building? i don't believe there is any really god view of the EWP from that building. it is not very close to the water and you would be higher up.

the marina outside of gasparilla's has a great view.

Thanks! We're staying in the DVC building, but don't mind taking a stroll!

I agree with Beth Gaspies is a good spot, another is the boat dock.

Which room did you get? Studio or 1/2 br villa?

We booked a 1br, even though it's just 2 of us. I really wanted the king bed and the tub! Everyone says I won't use the tub, but if I have to sit in to do my makeup in the morning just to use it, I'll prove them wrong!

2014 1817.JPG
We booked a 1br, even though it's just 2 of us. I really wanted the king bed and the tub! Everyone says I won't use the tub, but if I have to sit in to do my makeup in the morning just to use it, I'll prove them wrong!
We had the 2 br which is the same set up less the one room. We loved the tub! You can watch the tv that's built into the mirror from it. Also the walk in closet was really nice to have. There are 2 mirror areas so you will have plenty of room.

2014 1935.PNG 2014 1938.PNG 2014 1813.JPG 2014 1818.JPG

Last edited:
We had the 2 br which is the same set up less the one room. We loved the tub! You can watch the tv that's built into the mirror from it. Also the walk in closet was really nice to have. There are 2 mirror areas so you will have plenty of room.

View attachment 110239 View attachment 110240 View attachment 110242 View attachment 110243

Do any of the other rooms (like King deluxe) have the tv in the bathroom mirror that you can watch from the tub or while getting ready in the morning???

Hi everyone I've got a question about standard view rooms at the Grand Floridian, I've seen some pictures that feature a table in the room with a chair, then underneath that table is another table on wheels that can be pulled out and moved around. Are those in all of the rooms? I've seen some room pictures that have them and some that don't, we've been in other resorts that have those and really found them useful so I was hoping GF would have it too. Anyone who is finials with the GF and knows if they are in all or most rooms, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter