2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
High HockyMomNH. Dee keeps updates on the first post of the refurbishment. The current word is fifth and fourth floors are completed, and the pool is either done or proceeds in sections so that it stays open. I also got the letter, and I'm going at the end of August.

Your Disney Cakes are cool. Tell us about them.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even think to check the first page.

I made all the cakes in my sig. I love doing Disney ones. It's a hobby of mine, although it's been a while since I've done any baking. I just do them for family and friends. I'm not a baker by trade.

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list! We will be coming back to BC for a family trip Nov. 8 - 15. DH,DDs and I are bringing my DSL, who had 2 strokes last year and has had a rough time of it. She has always wanted to come to WDW with us, so we're bringing her on a "you only live once" trip to celebrate her recovery. We'll be meeting up with my other DSL, who we don't see very often for some wonderful family time. We are so excited!! :yay: I am especially excited to be coming back to BC, which I missed SO MUCH during our last trip!

Woooo Hooooo! pixiedust:

image.jpg [/GALLERY]

Trying to attach a picture. This is as of about 20 mins ago from our back yard on the first day of spring! Really?????

image.jpg1_zpsyxgbcbsk.jpg
[/URL]

Okay...so the test thread was no longer open so I tried. The above was taken 1/2 hour ago from our back yard. Really?????? On the first day of spring?

Yuck!!! Ours is coming overnight.

It looks like you figured it out, but just want everyone to know the direct photo upload option is not working right now. It has only been available intermittently the past few days.

Photobucket uploads are still working, but there is an issue with the code. Here's my ode to spring...

Snow here, too. My kids got a snow day (so did my husband). I'm jealous of him sitting at home in his flannel pjs.

We love the bc and Iam thinking of surprising my girls with a trip the first week of Dec 15, but Iam worried that It might be too cold for sab? We love the epcot area but I was thinking about staying at WL any thoughts?

2012 BWV
2014 BCV

Sitting at the airport ready to fly to MCO and I get a text from Disney that says to check at the front desk when I arrive. I was trying to go direct to the room. Is this good news bad news or no news :)

Sitting at the airport ready to fly to MCO and I get a text from Disney that says to check at the front desk when I arrive. I was trying to go direct to the room. Is this good news bad news or no news :)

Not sure.

My guess is there is some reason why you are unable to do the direct to room, but I don't know what that reason is.

Please let us know when you get the answer.

Wishing you safe travels. Have a fantastic trip!!!

:cool2:

We love the bc and Iam thinking of surprising my girls with a trip the first week of Dec 15, but Iam worried that It might be too cold for sab? We love the epcot area but I was thinking about staying at WL any thoughts?

2012 BWV
2014 BCV

The average temps for December are mid 50's for lows and mid 70's for highs. Of course you may get unusually hot or cold weather depending on your luck. The pool water is heated though. For me I would probably pick WL at this time of year. Good luck deciding.

High HockyMomNH. Dee keeps updates on the first post of the refurbishment. The current word is fifth and fourth floors are completed, and the pool is either done or proceeds in sections so that it stays open. I also got the letter, and I'm going at the end of August.

We're also going the last week of August, but we haven't received a letter. Any idea if it is possible to request a refurbed room? I'm not concerned about construction noise on other floors, but one of the reasons we decided on BC vs Poly was the high likelihood of getting a "new" room - original estimates were that room renos would be complete around 8/22. I knew we were cutting it close and taking a risk, with our arrival on 8/28, but I'd be totally bummed if everything but one floor was complete at that point, and we got stuck in a non-refurbed room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter