2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would send an email to guest relations explaining that you did not reserve this room type and you want it changed. It looks like there is plenty of time for them to find you a regular garden view room.

The handicap accessible room will have a walk in, or roll in, shower but not a bathtub. They usually only have one sink in the bathroom. The room usually has a king size bed.

Thanks for the suggestion. I finally was able to get back to CRO this morning as the system was down last night. I evidently spoke with a CM who didn't know what they were doing. My reservation is for a regular garden view room, not handicapped accessible. Also, an additional deposit was due on the reservation because I changed my dates which now includes a Saturday night stay. I asked the CM yesterday afternoon if an additional deposit was due and she told me no. Anyway, I'm quite happy I was able to get all of this resolved and now I'm just waiting on October to get here!!! :bored:

We heard about the trolley and hope there is a stop near our condo. Ice cream sounds perfect every night. I saw lots of restaurants too and hope we can utilize the trolley for them. Bob has a hard time walking far and the condo is right on the beach so I'm hoping it will be perfect for us.

I hope the trolley works out perfectly. Fingers crossed!

If you like ice cream, we also enjoy taking the trolley (it's free:cool1:) to the pier on the north end and getting some ice cream at Two Scoops. There are more benches across the street by the ocean that you can eat at if you want too.
Thank you! LOVE ice cream :)

Dee - We switched to a standard CL room from a deluxe room as the "kids" wanted to be on the 5th floor (same dates May 16-21). We'll see how this works out. Thought the space of the deluxe room would be better, family overruled. I am getting excited about bringing the family together and celebrating my birthday!!!

We are closing in on 60 days, time for a ticker.

Rebecca

Thanks for the suggestion.... I evidently spoke with a CM who didn't know what they were doing. My reservation is for a regular garden view room, not handicapped accessible. Also, an additional deposit was due on the reservation because I changed my dates which now includes a Saturday night stay. I asked the CM yesterday afternoon if an additional deposit was due and she told me no. Anyway, I'm quite happy I was able to get all of this resolved and now I'm just waiting on October to get here!!!
That's the reason everyone keeps saying to call back if you don't like the answer you get the first time. Odds are, you get a better one the next time around. Congratulations on being persistent and making sure you are getting what you want.

Katesdad

Have a Sunken Treasure at HH while sitting by the pool. You have to ask for it by name as it's not on the menu of the drinks they serve but when you ask, they will know you are a knowledgable member of the DIS. You have to go to the lobby of the BC on Sunday or Monday and say hi to our favorite greeter. Be sure to catch the fireworks from WS while sitting around the beach or standing on the dock with your grey goose slushi that you brought back in your plastic mug from France (they won't let you out of the park unless you hide the fact that you have it). Use the "secret entrances" a couple of times and you will feel like you know the place. And above all, have a really MAGICAL time.

What's in the Sunken Treasure???

page 195-199

Disney Math and the Commercial/Shows Work:
Just had to share my excitement with all of you as I know you can all appreciate "Disney Math." We have been going to Disney in October for the last three years and planned on going again this year but hadn't firmed up our plans yet. October is coincidentally my youngest daughters b-day month so my older daughter has been complaining that we always go for her sisters b-day and not hers. My older daughter will be turning 8 in May, well the other day we were watching one of the Disney commercial/shows on the Travel Channel and I said to my husband we should just go in May for Olivia's birthday. Well the show must have been having the affect on him because he said OK - yippee :yay:. Unfortunately followed-up by "but just May right, not October too" boooo :sad:. Well then the beloved "Disney Math" kicked in and I said, well if we buy Annual Passes that would more than cover the cost for two sets of tickets... plus then we would get a discount on rooms... o plus then we can get tables in wonderland and on it went until we bought the Annual Passes and booked Animal Kingdom for May and Beach Club with a magical deal for October. Think the "Disney math" is over, nope, because of course when I was online I saw that we could upgrade our Savannah view room to Club Level for only $40 more per day and well that just pays for itself then doesn't it :rolleyes1.

So all that to say, can you add us to the BOG list Oct 3 - 9th followed by Wilderness Lodge for 2 nights. Teena have your pins ready for October, I hope you will be there because everyday of our trips they ask if they can "go pin trade with Tenna"

The best part is they have no idea we are going in May and won't until they get off the bus and we throw them into the car :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Makes perfect sense to me!!!

What a great surprise that will be.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for October.

:woohoo:

This thread is so full of great info!

I was so excited to see the Frozen summer announced for this year. Do you know if the fireowrks will be visable from SAB? How do they do them so they don't conflict with illuminations?

I have a link in the FAQ post from my August trip. I was able to watch the Frozen fireworks from the bridge between BC and BW shortly after watching Illuminations from that spot. The view of the Frozen Fireworks was even better from the BC beach.

I'll post the TR link here in a minute.

Can you see any of the Illuminations fireworks from places around the resort?

There are a few places where you can view some of the high fireworks from EPCOT's Illuminations show. Many people recommend watching the fireworks from the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk resort areas. You can also see some of the high fireworks from the Beach Club beach or from the Stormalong Bay pool. Wood Nymph recommends the Yacht Club boat dock. Another suggestion (EagleScout) is to view the fireworks from the bridge connecting the YC and Swan resorts.

From bridge between Beach Club and Boardwalk (photo by pixarmom), from the beach (photo by creativeamanda) and from Stormalong Bay (picture by natebenma):

IlluminationsfromBoardwalkBridge-1.jpg
fireworksfrombeach-1.jpg
IMG_1936-1.jpg

Here's a link from my August 2014 trip report with pictures of the Illuminations Fireworks and the Summer Frozen Fireworks from the Boardwalk Bridge.

Fireworks as Far as the Eye Can See

:goodvibes:

Fantastic, this is exactly what I was hoping for but couldn't find the info. So happy we won't have to monorail resort "hop"! :yay:
We have a Cape May reservation for 9:40am, so if the schedule stays the same for this year we will have plenty of time to do the character meet at 8:30 and even the candy scramble at 9:00. Thank you, you guys are always the best for info!!

Hopefully I will be able to find Easter activities in early April, when the activities schedule is released and I'll post it here.

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list for April. If you are staying at the resort and would like to be added, let me know your dates.

:)

Popping in to make some changes to my dates (Dee I am still blaming you lol). We are leaving Anna Maria Island to check in at BC on 8/13 instead of 8/14 :) Our BC dates will be 8/13-8/19 and unbeknownst to my kids (DH wants to surprise them).....we will be headed over to the dark side to stay at HRH CL from 8/19-8/22. So excited!!!!!!!

"Some people claim that there's a woman to blame..."

Sounds like an amazing trip!!!

I'll make the adjustment on the BOG. Fortunately, I made your entry in cyber-pencil, so it is an easy fix.

;)

I am so excited yo be getting on a plane and arriving at the BC tomorrow!!! Last year I posted a bit every day so if you have questions just ask. So stoked but I am lying in bed knowing full well I am not going to get much sleep before that 445 wake up call!

Safe travels and have a fantastic trip!!!

:cool1:

Thanks for the suggestion. I finally was able to get back to CRO this morning as the system was down last night. I evidently spoke with a CM who didn't know what they were doing. My reservation is for a regular garden view room, not handicapped accessible. Also, an additional deposit was due on the reservation because I changed my dates which now includes a Saturday night stay. I asked the CM yesterday afternoon if an additional deposit was due and she told me no. Anyway, I'm quite happy I was able to get all of this resolved and now I'm just waiting on October to get here!!! :bored:

Glad to hear that!

:thumbsup2

Dee - We switched to a standard CL room from a deluxe room as the "kids" wanted to be on the 5th floor (same dates May 16-21). We'll see how this works out. Thought the space of the deluxe room would be better, family overruled. I am getting excited about bringing the family together and celebrating my birthday!!!

We are closing in on 60 days, time for a ticker.

Rebecca

I'll make the adjustment. What a wonderful family trip. I am hoping we can do something like this when our boys are college age.

:banana::banana::banana:

What's in the Sunken Treasure???

We have a whole section devoted to the Sunken Treasure in the Community post on Page 1.

I'll post the recipe here, but if you would like to see some additional glam shots of the drink, check out the page.

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

:drinking1

Last edited:
I am just bummed! I called to make a change to my Beach Club reservation and CM tells me that my reservation is for a handicapped accessible room/garden view. I did not request a handicapped accessible room when I first made my reservation. I'm concerned as the room type may keep me from be assigned to a room with a large balcony. This is the only room type available for my dates with a garden view. Has anyone had any experience with staying in an accessible room?
That's strange because we were assigned the same type room for our upcoming July trip too.

I called whe I was there in February to get a bounce back and the woman said that I was assigned a handicap room. I told her that I have no idea why that would be there. We had to upgrade to lagoon view to get the deal so I assume she didn't put handicap room on our new reservation.

Very strange.

"Some people claim that there's a woman to blame..."

Sounds like an amazing trip!!!

I'll make the adjustment on the BOG. Fortunately, I made your entry in cyber-pencil, so it is an easy fix.

;)
Lol LOVE that song...and I'll be at the one in CityWalk ;) Now to keep the secret for 5 months..... good thing for that pencil Dee

Hello everybody! I am a regular on the WL thread. I see a couple of familiar names here, hello Wood Nymph and pas 130!
Anyhow, I have made it to around p.6 of this thread, (wonderfully informative FAQ natebenma!), and I am thinking that a new version may start before I am done, so I better post now.
We last stayed at the BC way back in 1991 and got the wonderful promo rate of $125.00 a night! It was a short trip and I have wanted to go back for a while. But then we fell in love the WL. My DD got engaged on our trip this past summer, so we will not be going again for a while. But, I think I have convinced my DH that 2017 would be a great time to go. My DD wants to stay near Epcot this time and I agree!
So, finally :), my question. Are the BCVs harder to reserve as a cash customer than the VWL? We loved having all that room and the other amenities. I think 2 rooms would cost more, but I guess that would be our only alternative if we can't get a 2BR.
Anyhow, thanks for this wonderful thread! Loved the "Happy" video posted in the early pages.

Does anyone have any standard room club level recommendations for Beach Club? We tend to only sleep in the room, so view doesn't really matter, but since my 11 and 16 year old daughters sleep really late, a quiet location does! We usually stay at GF and know the room numbers we want, so not knowing what to ask for at BC is frustrating. We stayed at BC last spring for the first time, and our room was right by the lounge and concierge desks so we woke up to the sounds of people talking and laughing at 7am! Fortunately, that room doesn't exist anymore because we were told it was to be included in the lounge expansion. I would simply request to be far away from the lounge, but I don't want to be too far away since my husband and I tend to hang out there all morning until our kids wake up.

Totally unrelated, but I just wanted to say I live in Hershey. :D

We live in Lemoyne, just across the river from Harrisburg, and spend a lot of time in Hershey. We just bought season passes for this year. Debating if we want to risk the crowds for Easter weekend. I have a friend who braves it every year and says it's a bit crazy.

Hampden Township and then New Cumberland.

Too funny - my oldest goes to New Cumberland Middle School!

I got a pin code in the mail yesterday. It's for the same days we're already planning to stay, but I'll call on the off chance there's a good deal for a deluxe room. Can't imagine it will come close to the magical deal. I suggested something to Amara (my oldest Thing) about staying at BWI and she said an absolute no to the "creepy clown pool."

Hello everybody! I am a regular on the WL thread. I see a couple of familiar names here, hello Wood Nymph and pas 130!
Anyhow, I have made it to around p.6 of this thread, (wonderfully informative FAQ natebenma!), and I am thinking that a new version may start before I am done, so I better post now.
We last stayed at the BC way back in 1991 and got the wonderful promo rate of $125.00 a night! It was a short trip and I have wanted to go back for a while. But then we fell in love the WL. My DD got engaged on our trip this past summer, so we will not be going again for a while. But, I think I have convinced my DH that 2017 would be a great time to go. My DD wants to stay near Epcot this time and I agree!
So, finally :), my question. Are the BCVs harder to reserve as a cash customer than the VWL? We loved having all that room and the other amenities. I think 2 rooms would cost more, but I guess that would be our only alternative if we can't get a 2BR.
Anyhow, thanks for this wonderful thread! Loved the "Happy" video posted in the early pages.
Hi Bluecastle. :wave: Our story is somewhat the opposite of yours. We started out at the BC in the early 1990's and pretty much made it our exclusive resort until Feb 2013, when we decided to try the WL. We fell in love with WL and have stayed many times since, but still like to come to the BC, too. It is like taking two different kinds of vacations. :)

We've also stayed in a 2 BR BCV three times now and the convenience is great. We did a cash reservation all three times. I know that BCV is one of the most popular and difficult reservations to get for DVC members but I really don't know how it is for cash reservations. Since you have a bit of time to do a little research, you could just keep an eye on availability for your dates and see what it turns up. :)

Yeah...great video! Is the beach where the launch chairs are the place they show the movies at night?

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

:drinking1

YUMMY!

I discovered a recent post on YouTube which has video of the new Beach Club rooms:
I have been stressing over the decision to stay at BC or YC, but thought all newly renovated BC rooms had roman shades. This video shows the room with curtains. Does anyone know how you know which rooms have the curtains versus the roman shades? I am considering CL, but i would love to be able to request a room with "curtains"...that would solidify my decision to do BC CL instead of YC... Anyone know? of course i know requests are just that...requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter