2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean that from now on we can post pictures of random, anonymous people randomly caught in the act of enjoying Disney parks... something like this...

View attachment 169

Ooooh! This is going to make posting pictures of all the drooling and snoring witnessed on these road trips SO MUCH EASIER!

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy
Great pic!!

I need help to get a grip. I am staying BC CL in September. I have reading all I can to make sure I know everything to plan the best trip possible. I am making my self crazy of my ADR's. I have all put early MK and Epcot planned out . I read so many mixed reviews on to let the IPO make your ADRs or not to. I don't know what is right. Please help

We are staying at BC CL in June and I made my own ADRs...guess it's just a matter of you wanting to control it or handing it over. I've heard good stories on this thread of letting the IPO take over. I just like knowing it's done and I guess there is that satisfaction of knowing you got all of your desired ADRs and YOU DID IT YOURSELF! hahaha....

That said, I went in with a back up to all my number ones and made the hard to get reservations for later in our trip, you know, the 180+ rule....i.e. I had no problem scheduling Be Our Guest for our next to last day of our vacation.

Every resort has that "little something" that makes it special and evokes good feelings when you remember your stay. What's YOUR favorite thing about the beach/yacht club?

I'm counting 5 pool piggies!!! What a shot of the pool, though! It's huge!

Somebody needs to do an emergency sweep and clear those chairs of their chair hog detritus! Not counting those 5 chairs there are only 4,967 empty chairs left at Stormalong bay and you never know when the rush is on. Attention Sue M! You are the closest "Chair Marshall" in the field. Break out the leaf blower and clear the area for us would you?

~NM
PS. I do not in any way resemble that lunatic in Buzzy's picture.

Hooray...I can finally easily post my recent visit's photos, without trying to figure out how to do it.

BC room 4545 was recently refurbed, and I was probably one of the first guests to occupy the newly-redone room, which had two queens, but no daybed.

The room had a full balcony and overlooked the Quiet Pool and Boardwalk.

Hopefully, the pics will give a better idea of what some of the new features and furnishings look like. I will post a follow-up, as I was only allowed to attach 10 photos with this post.

All in all, the room looked very nice. However, the Roman shades simply let in too much of the very bright light from around the Quiet Pool, as they are mounted too far away from the door lite's surface. I fear that the attractive but light-colored carpet will become increasingly more stained. Its multi-level loop texture was already showing pulls and snags.

The wall switches were just the right height to operate the bedside lighting, while lying in bed. The lighted magnifying mirror, above the sink/vanity area (can't remember details about old mirror)is a nice feature.

As can be seen in photo, the desk and table combo are very similar to the old pieces; the new desk has outlets for charging/connecting devices (electrical +USB), as does the bedside table.

There are more photos, which will be posted in a follow-up.

Attachments

• Floor plan and map to single elevator for 4th floor access during construction.jpg
    Floor plan and map to single elevator for 4th floor access during construction.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 417
  • New storage unit with TV.jpg
    New storage unit with TV.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 382
  • New desk and table in refurnbed rooms.jpg
    New desk and table in refurnbed rooms.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 386
  • New carpet with coffe or cola spots.jpg
    New carpet with coffe or cola spots.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 374
  • Roman shades in refurbed room with light gaps.jpg
    Roman shades in refurbed room with light gaps.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 357
  • Wall switches at bedside to operate bedside lighting fixtures.jpg
    Wall switches at bedside to operate bedside lighting fixtures.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 374
  • Coffe and coffemaker in refurbed BC room.jpg
    Coffe and coffemaker in refurbed BC room.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 365
  • New Roman shades.jpg
    New Roman shades.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 328
  • BC 4545 view.jpg
    BC 4545 view.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 392
  • BC 4545 view toward Dolphin.jpg
    BC 4545 view toward Dolphin.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:

Hooray...I can finally easily post my recent visit's photos, without trying to figure out how to do it.

BC room 4545 was recently refurbed, and I was probably one of the first guests to occupy the newly-redone room, which had two queens, but no daybed.

The room had a full balcony and overlooked the Quiet Pool and Boardwalk.

Hopefully, the pics will give a better idea of what some of the new features and furnishings look like. I will post a follow-up, as I was only allowed to attach 10 photos with this post.

All in all, the room looked very nice. However, the Roman shades simply let in too much of the very bright light from around the Quite Pool, as they are mounted too far away from the door lite's surface. I fear that the attractive but light-colored carpet will become increasingly more stained. Its multi-level loop texture was already showing pulls and snags.

The wall switches were just the right height to operate the bedside lighting, while lying in bed. The lighted magnifying mirror, above the sink/vanity area (can't remember details about old mirror)is a nice feature.

As can be seen in photo, the desk and table combo are very similar to the old pieces; the new desk has outlets for charging/connecting devices (electrical +USB), as does the bedside table.

There are more photos, which will be posted in a follow-up.

OOOH!! It's like we are driving a new car! I like the way the pictures are now posting!! I wonder how long that "New Board Smell" is going to last....

~NM

:rotfl2:It says "click image to see the full-size version"...What a beautiful shot! Only four more months!!

Every resort has that "little something" that makes it special and evokes good feelings when you remember your stay. What's YOUR favorite thing about the beach/yacht club?

I like how the Bartenders at the resort ply me with liquor soaked maraschino cherries so I don't pester them too much.

We are speaking of buckets of maraschino cherries, all soaked in Buzzy's favorite, 151 proof rum! Sometimes they see me coming and they just have the bucket delivered to the laundry room, thus saving me the trip!

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy

On the DisUnplugged this week Pete said that once the boards were updated that the app will no longer be needed because disboards.com is now mobile friendly just open it up in your browser on the phone.
Oh my gosh, Thank you.

Somebody needs to do an emergency sweep and clear those chairs of their chair hog detritus! Not counting those 5 chairs there are only 4,967 empty chairs left at Stormalong bay and you never know when the rush is on. Attention Sue M! You are the closest "Chair Marshall" in the field. Break out the leaf blower and clear the area for us would you?

~NM
PS. I do not in any way resemble that lunatic in Buzzy's picture.

Nope, I left Saturday, Nanette's there now!! Sharp eye, I had to go back to the pic to look! I think Nanette should photocopy pic with chair hog warning and put it up on display at SAB! Ha!

Being greeted by Teena :goodvibes and floating in the lazy river on my pool noodle!

I have to say I hate the new Board. Actually, that's not how I'd like to say it... If I didn't like the people on this particular thread so much, I'd say the heck with it and never come back to the Dis. If anyone has used an Android phone and an iPhone - this is like the Android. It assumes that you know where to click to find something. It's not intuitive at all. This is supposed to be fun. If it takes effort to figure it out, I might as well be working.

And to symbolize how much I hate change, I'm going to switch my avatar to a picture of the Main Street Bakery's much missed giant Cinnamon bun. Assuming I can figure out how to do it.

Oh BOY! I dig this new board; very clean!
Dee, the Fabulous and Wonderful, could you add me to the Be Our Guest list for Sept. 4-12? We are buying into DVC :-)jumping1:) and staying at BCV for the first time!

Edit: well, the smilies are um… no longer jumping as they were from my add. Weird.

Okay, so now that posting photos is so easy, I'll post some more from my recent visit to the BC. The photos were taken in my refurbed 4th floor room.

Though I have personally experienced some poorly-soundproofed guest rooms, during prior visits, I must admit that the room was very quiet, this time, except for hearing the two kids swimming in the Quiet Pool after 8:30 PM. For the life of me, I don't understand how they could be having so much fun in the pool, when the temp outside was in the mid 40s. Brrrrrrr!

The new bathroom flooring looks like wood laminate, but I believe it's actually ceramic tile. As somebody else mentioned, the flooring now extends into the sink/vanity area, with a wide threshold dividing that area from the fully-carpeted hall and sleeping area. The new light-colored carpet would not survive very long at the sink area, before showing soiling and wear.

View toward Dolphn.jpg

Attachments

• 4th floor refurbed room upholstered headboard.JPG
    4th floor refurbed room upholstered headboard.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Electrical and USB outlets.JPG
    Electrical and USB outlets.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Tower of Terror - built into nightstand.JPG
    Tower of Terror - built into nightstand.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Slide-out table from under new desk.JPG
    Slide-out table from under new desk.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Bathroom and vanity area flooring.JPG
    Bathroom and vanity area flooring.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Overlooking Quiet Pool.JPG
    Overlooking Quiet Pool.JPG
    587.3 KB · Views: 184
Ahhh, finally got in. Can't find the threads I had subscribed to any longer (anybody know where those might be?) and my picture is gone and not sure how to subscribe to this thread...not much for change I guess :) debating if I should stay up til midnight to complete my fast passes!! 60 more days!

:-):-)
We will be there May 15-20. The number I got from the conference confirmation won't link with MDE? In any case I am super excited! We are surprising out boys with the trip. They are 9&11. We are picking them up from school on that Friday and taking them straight to the airport. I am a big trip planner to this is very odd for me to take a "go with the flow" trip! I have covertly been asking questions like magic band color!

So much fun! Looks like we will just miss you.
The number I used was the confirmation I got in an email. It started with 45. Call them if you can't get it to work. Need to be able to make those fast pass reservations.:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!