2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what confuses me. I found a great deal through the Orbiz site, (thank you Shoreward!), on a standard room at the BC for June. We are wanting to go in July though, but June could work. I just don't like paying it all upfront! I checked out the Disney site and there was no availability. I really want to book this! But I have never went outside of Disney as far as reservations go.

I'm glad you were able to find room type/dates on Orbitz that might work out. The advance payment in full is the one major drawback of booking with Orbitz. If you can afford to pay up front, the overall savings (about 37.5% discount off of rack rate, right now, using their promo code, combined with Disney's current Spring offer) is really worthwhile. To make special room requests, you will have to call Orbitz, who will then contact Disney to place your requests. Just like Disney, any cancellations need to be made at least five days in advance.

If you sign up with Orbitz for their Rewards program, you earn $$ on each reservation, which can be applied toward the cost of future travel.

I am having a dilemma! We are heading to WDW in March with my daughter's college lacrosse team for a tournament at ESPN, it will be our fourth and final one as she is graduating this year :sad:. Anyway, My husband and I are heading down a few days earlier and staying for two nights at the Caribbean Beach before moving to the offsite condo with the team for a week - we really wanted to save money this trip, and haven't stayed at the CBR since our honeymoon 25 years ago! We are huge BC people - stayed there 3 times last year, but decided to be responsible this trip.

I have just discovered that the national cheerleading event we see at ESPN every year at the same time as us will be housed at the CBR...I have been reading about it on another thread, and yup, they will be there during our dates. Nothing personal against cheerleaders - I was one - I'm just reading about other's resort experiences with big tour groups in general. Based on what others are saying, I am thinking of switching to the YC/BC - I have an AP but the only AP discount now is a 1BR at BC (where I REALLY want to be), or a GV at the YC. We have never stayed there in all of our trips but would book it if we decided to switch. The price difference for the YC GV room from CBR is about $325 for the two nights :(.

My daughter says I am just looking for any excuse to switch to the BC! Should I just go for it since I know the YC?BC is the only place I will REALLY be happy, or should I be responsible and stay CBR? Which I was OK with but I feel like now is a gamble. I am torn.

And if I book a BC discounted room on Orbitz (they are available), can I link the reservation? I need to do this QUICK as my FP window opens next weekend and I don't want to be switching any reservations after I have booked them.

I'm glad you were able to find room type/dates on Orbitz that might work out. The advance payment in full is the one major drawback of booking with Orbitz. If you can afford to pay up front, the overall savings (about 37.5% discount off of rack rate, right now, using their promo code, combined with Disney's current Spring offer) is really worthwhile. To make special room requests, you will have to call Orbitz, who will then contact Disney to place your requests. Just like Disney, any cancellations need to be made at least five days in advance.

If you sign up with Orbitz for their Rewards program, you earn $$ on each reservation, which can be applied toward the cost of future travel.

Thank you for the help! It is an awesome deal...Very tempting!

My daughter says I am just looking for any excuse to switch to the BC! Should I just go for it since I know the YC?BC is the only place I will REALLY be happy, or should I be responsible and stay CBR? Which I was OK with but I feel like now is a gamble. I am torn.

And if I book a BC discounted room on Orbitz (they are available), can I link the reservation? I need to do this QUICK as my FP window opens next weekend and I don't want to be switching any reservations after I have booked them.
Since you are doing the responsible thing by staying in an off site condo with the team, you deserve to stay at the resort of your choice. ;)

You need the 12 digit Disney confirmation number, it starts with a 4, in order to link your Orbitz reservation. I got it by calling Orbitz and asking for the number. It took awhile since the Orbitz employee had to call Disney to get it. Once I had the number it was easy to link the reservation.

I also received an email from Disney today, welcoming me to the BC and giving me the 12 digit Disney number in the email. This came a day and a half after I booked the trip through Orbitz. So I guess I could have saved some time by waiting for the email from Disney.

I am having a dilemma! We are heading to WDW in March with my daughter's college lacrosse team for a tournament at ESPN, it will be our fourth and final one as she is graduating this year :sad:. Anyway, My husband and I are heading down a few days earlier and staying for two nights at the Caribbean Beach before moving to the offsite condo with the team for a week - we really wanted to save money this trip, and haven't stayed at the CBR since our honeymoon 25 years ago! We are huge BC people - stayed there 3 times last year, but decided to be responsible this trip.

I have just discovered that the national cheerleading event we see at ESPN every year at the same time as us will be housed at the CBR...I have been reading about it on another thread, and yup, they will be there during our dates. Nothing personal against cheerleaders - I was one - I'm just reading about other's resort experiences with big tour groups in general. Based on what others are saying, I am thinking of switching to the YC/BC - I have an AP but the only AP discount now is a 1BR at BC (where I REALLY want to be), or a GV at the YC. We have never stayed there in all of our trips but would book it if we decided to switch. The price difference for the YC GV room from CBR is about $325 for the two nights :(.

::yes:: I'd switch in a heartbeat!! Love YC!

Quick question about rope drop

I read the first few pages and saw that if you walk to Epcot at rope drop they usually drop the rope from that side a few moments after the rope from main entrance then saw in the post it said that was no longer accurate. We are definitely rope drop people love having the opportunity even on the busiest weeks of the year to hit the big attractions in the morning as long as we get their early. We are looking into bc for our Christmas visit this year :). And wanted to make sure if we made rope drop we would still be able to get into the rides easily if we came through international gateway.

Thanks for all your help

Just a quick post to say, "Happy New Year!" We will be back at BC THIS YEAR!! Happy to be able to say that!

Nannette also runs a shuttle service between WDW and Universal. You just have to be there when she is in Florida and it's probably a good idea if you are actually on the same trip as her.

Highlights of her transportation prowess include midnight explorations into the back roads of Ft. Wilderness and the occasional Yeti sighting (the REAL one not the broken one at Animal Kingdom).

This map represents a typical "Nannette Journey" trying to get from point A: The Beach Club to point B: The Magic Kingdom

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/28.3697531,-81.5542308/Walt+Disney+World+Resort,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL+32830/The+Campsites+at+Disney%27s+Fort+Wilderness+Resort,+Fort+Wilderness+Trail,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL/Magic+Kingdom+Park,+1180+Seven+Seas+Drive,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL+32830/Animal+Kingdom+Lodge,+Kissimmee,+FL/Disney%27s+Saratoga+Springs+Resort+%26+Spa,+1960+Broadway,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL+32830/Disney%27s+Polynesian+Resort,+1600+Seven+Seas+Drive,+Orlando,+FL+32830/28.3864915,-81.5860693/28.3683675,-81.5738813/Disney%27s+Animal+Kingdom+Theme+Park/@28.3682164,-81.5548269,13z/data=!4m47!4m46!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7ee634caa5f7:0xa71e391fd01cf1a0!2m2!1d-81.563874!2d28.385234!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7f960e02326f:0x2a5ec5e2508137cd!2m2!1d-81.55369!2d28.395717!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7e536aa54b81:0x66b8bcd58da841a!2m2!1d-81.581196!2d28.417662!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7e9dee78babf:0xe9cc1b9b6796550!2m2!1d-81.602674!2d28.35121!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7f8f3ce781e9:0x376af0185b105d1!2m2!1d-81.522409!2d28.376247!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7e19169ceacb:0x11d5182c68b0f632!2m2!1d-81.584175!2d28.405778!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0x3438044622233fbb!2m2!1d-81.591314!2d28.359719!3e0?hl=en

If you talk to Nannette while she is driving the possibility arises that you may wind up taking a side trip to Miami!

~NM

:rotfl::rotfl2:

What, for example, is the party at Stormalong Bay? I think, regardless, my husband and I are too introverted to turn up but if I know ahead of time, maybe I can get us used to it!

THREE WEEKS! YOU GUYS!

I have a couple of questions and it's okay to say I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. We have a couple of dinner reservations at MK resorts (Poly, Contemporary) - one at 6:50pm and one at 7:15pm and MK closes at 8 those nights. Are we going to be able to go back to MK to catch a bus back to YC? Epcot is open until 9pm those nights so would we be able to take the monorail back and walk through? Or should we just count on finding an alternate route? Thanks!

I can't wait! Made our airport shuttle reservations this morning!

I wonder if you can request a car seat from cab company? Maybe someone would know? Mears is the cab company Disney uses, you could call and ask. Seems too much work to drag a car seat for one 10 min drive.

If you're planning on spending the day at Epcot, walking from Poly to the TTC for Epcot monorail is the way to go! If you're planning on checking into BC first, maybe the bus to DHS would be easier, then walk or boat to BC. So you don't have to get on line at Epcot for bag checking :

Getting lost on Pangani trail :dance3: hilarious!

We have used Mears cabs many times and requested a booster seat which they had no problem providing but we have also used a car company recommended on the Dis which offered car seats as well as boosters if needed. Hope this helps :)

page 155-157

I have a question. I know I've seen it mentioned a few times on here, what's up with the towels on the chairs at stormalong bay? Do people really stake out chairs hours in advance? That's crazy!

I would totally do the pool noodle towel-removal job, Ninja Mom, with no shame, if that's true. :ssst:

~Cari~

Yes, the chair piggies are here, they are on cruise ships, they go to tropical resorts. They seem to be everywhere! Reports are that pool staff at SAB have been trying to remove towels that appear to be unattended.

Here is some great advice (from ~NM of course) and other info from the FAQ on Page 1 dealing with this subject:

Is it true that I need to set out a towel on a lounger 3 days in advance to reserve a lounger at SAB?

No. Please don't (see next post)

random survey of pool chair availability, mid-August 2014

Do guests play "The Towel Game" at Stormalong Bay? How do I deal with "Chair Piggies?"

Check out this useful post by NinjaMom:
Chair Piggies

:rotfl:

Thanks for the bump... that's what I was thinking as far as rooms go.

I plan to fax our room request 7-10 days before we arrive. I'll probably just leave the current request stand until then.

Martin

From what I understand, BC/YC room assigners do not pay attention to faxed request. You need to have your request added by phone (your TA), and if it is one of the requests you can add online, you can do that as well.

:thumbsup2

Dee, you've taken the monorail route from the Poly to BC/YC, right? Or maybe from the MK? I was thinking it might be a nicer way to go to the Beach Club after we check out at the Poly. Only hitch is luggage, which I understand can take quite some time to arrive. Faster to take a cab, but I don't want to schlep a car seat to Florida. I could always cab it there with tthe luggage, check in, and meet my sister in Epcot, which would probably be more fun for them (they can take the monorail). Not sure if I posted about this in August, but my mom called me on her cell phone from the Pangani Forest Trail saying she was lost and asking how to get to the exit. My sister's sense of direction is, if possible, worse than my mother's. So maybe everyone cabbing it is the best way to go...

Cabbing it would definitely be the suggested way to go! Great suggestions from others to call to see if you can get a car seat for the cab ride.

Otherwise, your suggestion to cab with the luggage and send your sister and kids along by monorail is an excellent one.

I can totally appreciate being directionally challenged- it runs in my family and we once got lost between Asia and Africa in AK (I think we were on the secret trail)

Good luck!!!

:goodvibes

I was hoping to do a split stay between the YC and AKL. All of the standard rooms are booked solid for any dates that we would be able to travel during 2015! I guess I will try for 2016 at YC. When should I book? Is the YC that popular?

:welcome:

I appreciate you posting and all of the helpful info our friends are providing. I have a couple of friends asking me for booking advice and I am passing along the Orbitz info to them.

Please let us know if you are able to book a trip when you want to!

:)

Yacht Club, July 18-25 :banana: Celebrating 15yr anniversary!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

Hey everyone!! So excited to be posting here!!!! We just decided to book out very FIRST stay at BC!!!!!!

We will head down august 26-sept 2

We have been to wdw a few times but never in august!!

I am not familiar with BC at all so any advice or tips are greatly appreciated!!

I plan to start reading through this thread!!!

Do you guys think the resort refurb will be done by the time we arrive?? I am really only concerned with the pool not being open.
Tia!!!! So excited for my kids!!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Please feel free to ask any questions you have here. The best place to start for info about the resort is the first page of this thread, especially Posts 13 (FAQ) and Post 14 (Other Useful Info).

I'm not sure if all of the rooms will be done by the time of your trip, but a majority should be.

WE ARE NOT AWARE OF ANY PLANNED POOL RENOVATIONS AS PART OF THE BC/YC ROOM REFURBISHMENTS.

It would surprise me (a lot) to have Stormalong Bay to be closed in August/September, unless it was for unplanned emergency repair. You should be ok.

"Let's ask the lions where we gazelles should stay"

If you know the BC/YC will make you happiest and you can swing it, that's what you should do. I was reading the Orbitz thread and it sounds like the major drawbacks are the requirement to pay in full at time of booking, and that you have to have Orbitz make any room requests for you. But otherwise, dining and fast pass reservations work just like a regular Disney booking.

:thumbsup2

Quick question about rope drop

I read the first few pages and saw that if you walk to Epcot at rope drop they usually drop the rope from that side a few moments after the rope from main entrance then saw in the post it said that was no longer accurate. We are definitely rope drop people love having the opportunity even on the busiest weeks of the year to hit the big attractions in the morning as long as we get their early. We are looking into bc for our Christmas visit this year :). And wanted to make sure if we made rope drop we would still be able to get into the rides easily if we came through international gateway.

Thanks for all your help

:welcome: to this forum.

We are a rope drop family, too (early EMH entry). Last time we stayed, we were held at the International Gateway turnstiles, after bag check, until the park officially opened at 8. We got through pretty quickly and didn't feel like we were at a significant disadvantage from those who entered EP from the front of the park.

Just a quick post to say, "Happy New Year!" We will be back at BC THIS YEAR!! Happy to be able to say that!

:woohoo:

What, for example, is the party at Stormalong Bay? I think, regardless, my husband and I are too introverted to turn up but if I know ahead of time, maybe I can get us used to it!

THREE WEEKS! YOU GUYS!

I have a couple of questions and it's okay to say I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. We have a couple of dinner reservations at MK resorts (Poly, Contemporary) - one at 6:50pm and one at 7:15pm and MK closes at 8 those nights. Are we going to be able to go back to MK to catch a bus back to YC? Epcot is open until 9pm those nights so would we be able to take the monorail back and walk through? Or should we just count on finding an alternate route? Thanks!

I can't wait! Made our airport shuttle reservations this morning!

That's actually a great question about the pool party. I don't really know what goes on there, but I will say that you will not be forced to participate if you are not interested. This must take place in the activities pool area (near the pool volleyball, so there are plenty of other places you would be able to go if you find it is not your thing.

Another excellent question about your return to the YC. I am not an expert on the operating hours of the monorail, but I suspect you should be fine getting back to the MK to take the bus, or to take the monorail from the TTC to EPCOT.

Only thing I don't know is what would happen if you arrive at EP after it closes at 9. Will they still let you in to walk through? Not clear. Plus, based on timing, you may be swimming upstream fighting foot traffic of everyone trying to leave EP after Illuminations.

Anyone have additional comments or experiences to share about these two questions?

YC Vacation! 27 May to 4 June.

:welcome: to this forum and posting on the DIS.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I have never done online check in. Does anyone know off hand what the room request choices are for both he YC and BC?

The last time I updated this info on Page 1, these were the online checkin options. It has been awhile, so I don't know if any have changed. I am also not sure why BCV lists full balcony as an option, since all rooms have large balconies. DVC friends- does anyone know if this still appears on the list for online checkins?

Beach Club 60 Day Check In:

Room Request Options- Choose 2 of the three listed:

Large balcony
Lower floor
Near transportation

Yacht Club 60 Day Check In:

Lower Floor
Near Transportation

Beach Club Villa 60 Day Check In:

Room Request Options-Choose 2 out of the four listed:

Near Elevator
Lower Floor
Woods View
Larger Balcony

Well, that didn't take long.

Booked the Beach Club this morning! There was ZERO availability at the BC through Disney but Orbitz had plenty of rooms and an awesome deal, $299 plus tax for Garden View for our March dates. $27 a night less than the AP rate (when it was available).:cool1:

I'm going to call Orbitz this morning and hopefully all will go well with linking, etc. Thanks everyone!

Well, that didn't take long.

Booked the Beach Club this morning! There was ZERO availability at the BC through Disney but Orbitz had plenty of rooms and an awesome deal, $299 plus tax for Garden View for our March dates. $27 a night less than the AP rate (when it was available).:cool1:

I'm going to call Orbitz this morning and hopefully all will go well with linking, etc. Thanks everyone!

To add to this - I was able to link my Orbitz reservation with the shorter Orbitz confirm # that they give you when you book - you don't need the disney confirm anymore. Disney did send me an email a day after I booked that lists the disney confirm # - but I had already linked with the Orbitz #.

I am loving reading through this thread! I've always wanted to stay at BC and this summer I am :cheer2: Doing a split stay first at AKL June 21-23 and then the 23-26 at BC. So excited!!

What, for example, is the party at Stormalong Bay? I think, regardless, my husband and I are too introverted to turn up but if I know ahead of time, maybe I can get us used to it! THREE WEEKS! YOU GUYS! I have a couple of questions and it's okay to say I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. We have a couple of dinner reservations at MK resorts (Poly, Contemporary) - one at 6:50pm and one at 7:15pm and MK closes at 8 those nights. Are we going to be able to go back to MK to catch a bus back to YC? Epcot is open until 9pm those nights so would we be able to take the monorail back and walk through? Or should we just count on finding an alternate route? Thanks! I can't wait! Made our airport shuttle reservations this morning!
Transportation generally operates for an hour after MK closing, so should be running till 9 the nights you need it. Depending on how long you dine, you should be able to get back to MK with no problem to catch a bus. Agree with pp that you may have an issue getting thru Epcot if you arrive close to 9, however, so that may need to be a game-time decision once you arrive at MK.

Can anyone let me know what type of coffee makers are in the rooms? I'm staying in a Garden room at the end of the month and would like to bring coffee from home, but need a little info before. Are they they single cup type of coffee filter baggies? I wouldn't think it would be more than a single cup type, but I could be wrong. Also, what type of coffee do they provide in the rooms?

Thanks in advance :)

Can anyone let me know what type of coffee makers are in the rooms? I'm staying in a Garden room at the end of the month and would like to bring coffee from home, but need a little info before. Are they they single cup type of coffee filter baggies? I wouldn't think it would be more than a single cup type, but I could be wrong. Also, what type of coffee do they provide in the rooms?

Thanks in advance :)

They replaced the small drip type coffee makers about 3 years ago. The rooms now have the Cuisinart pod machines, and we really don't care for the coffee they provide. You can see a picture about a third of the way down this post:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52219809&postcount=14

THANK YOU Natebenma!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im glad to hear that no pool refurb is on the horizon!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind any other refurbs, and I don't care about the rooms either.

IM SO EXCITED TO BE ABLE TO WALK TO EPCOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!