2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seriously thinking of spending a day at Universal during our April stay at the YC. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to manage it? We won't have a car unless we rent one. I am a big Harry Potter fan and would love to see all the HP stuff at Universal. I would think that this would be a good time to try to see it, since the crowds shouldn't be too bad in mid-April. But I don't know anything about how to manage to get over there.

I have found renting a car from National/Alamo at the Dolphin (which is about a 5 minute walk from YC) to be a cost effective and easy way of getting around.

Not knowing your exact dates in April, I priced out a compact for 24 hours, mid-April, which came out at under $62, using a basic coupon; a little search will give you an even better rate, or feel free to PM me for some specifics. There is a current coupon that gives you a free weekend day on a 3 day minimum rental.

With the low gas prices, in my opinion, you can't miss. I love the ability of being able to go wherever I want, when I want. Somehow usually forgetting to bring something along, a trip to Target, Walmart, etc. is not unusual. And, there is always the outlet shopping, if time allows, on those weather-unfriendly days.

There is plenty of free parking at YC/BC for guests; I've never had a problem finding a parking space there.

Wishing a Magical and Happy New Year to all!

Just realized that it's less than 120 days until I'll be checking into BCV/YC and less than 120 days until I'll be getting up with my refillable mug and taking my morning walk around the Lake & Boardwalk area, having my chocolate waffle for breakfast and then dining at Yachtsman for dinner. Just the tiniest bit excited here.

It IS a Happy New Year. Got my Be Our Guest reservation for the family for dinner in June. It's Jeanne's and Lily's favorite restaurant. And now Bob will get to experience it too in June. Happy New Year!!!!!

Great news. I love BOG.

I have found renting a car from National/Alamo at the Dolphin (which is about a 5 minute walk from YC) to be a cost effective and easy way of getting around.

Not knowing your exact dates in April, I priced out a compact for 24 hours, mid-April, which came out at under $62, using a basic coupon; a little search will give you an even better rate, or feel free to PM me for some specifics. There is a current coupon that gives you a free weekend day on a 3 day minimum rental.

With the low gas prices, in my opinion, you can't miss. I love the ability of being able to go wherever I want, when I want. Somehow usually forgetting to bring something along, a trip to Target, Walmart, etc. is not unusual. And, there is always the outlet shopping, if time allows, on those weather-unfriendly days.

There is plenty of free parking at YC/BC for guests; I've never had a problem finding a parking space there.

Wishing a Magical and Happy New Year to all!

Go to Costco's website and price out the car too if you have a membership (or know someone that does). They have great discounts on car rentals. The renter of the car does not have to belong to Costco just whoever makes the reservation for them.

Just a little excited!! Dee, thank you for pointing out the info on CL, I just spent a happy 45 minutes perusing pictures and dreaming of March.:) Happy New Year to all!

It IS a Happy New Year. Got my Be Our Guest reservation for the family for dinner in June. It's Jeanne's and Lily's favorite restaurant. And now Bob will get to experience it too in June. Happy New Year!!!!!

Fantastic! I love eating dinner there (not a huge fan of lunch for some reason). We've been lucky to get reservations our last two trips. Hoping we get lucky again for August.

Mears runs a shuttle that picks up at some Disney resorts, for around $20 per person, I think.

Dreams Unlimited (sponsor of the DIS) has a package deal that includes transportation and 1 day/2 park tickets for Universal/IoA, $150 per person.

Here's the link: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/terms-1day2park-roundtrip.htm

I have used a private car service to get between Disney/Universal and it is under $100 round trip (plus tip). We will be using Ed Korgan livery service for the 3rd time in February (MCO to US). I have heard good things about Tiffany Town Car as well.

Recent posters on the Disney to US Transportation thread have been suggesting checking into Uber.

Transportation between Disney and US/IoA

I'll come back and post a link from the Universal Boards about transportation and see if I can find the Dreams Unlimited deal.

Teena, cover your eyes...

The Harry Potter stuff rocks!

:wizard:

Nannette also runs a shuttle service between WDW and Universal. You just have to be there when she is in Florida and it's probably a good idea if you are actually on the same trip as her.

Highlights of her transportation prowess include midnight explorations into the back roads of Ft. Wilderness and the occasional Yeti sighting (the REAL one not the broken one at Animal Kingdom).

This map represents a typical "Nannette Journey" trying to get from point A: The Beach Club to point B: The Magic Kingdom

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/28.3697531,-81.5542308/Walt+Disney+World+Resort,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL+32830/The+Campsites+at+Disney%27s+Fort+Wilderness+Resort,+Fort+Wilderness+Trail,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL/Magic+Kingdom+Park,+1180+Seven+Seas+Drive,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL+32830/Animal+Kingdom+Lodge,+Kissimmee,+FL/Disney%27s+Saratoga+Springs+Resort+%26+Spa,+1960+Broadway,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL+32830/Disney%27s+Polynesian+Resort,+1600+Seven+Seas+Drive,+Orlando,+FL+32830/28.3864915,-81.5860693/28.3683675,-81.5738813/Disney%27s+Animal+Kingdom+Theme+Park/@28.3682164,-81.5548269,13z/data=!4m47!4m46!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7ee634caa5f7:0xa71e391fd01cf1a0!2m2!1d-81.563874!2d28.385234!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7f960e02326f:0x2a5ec5e2508137cd!2m2!1d-81.55369!2d28.395717!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7e536aa54b81:0x66b8bcd58da841a!2m2!1d-81.581196!2d28.417662!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7e9dee78babf:0xe9cc1b9b6796550!2m2!1d-81.602674!2d28.35121!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7f8f3ce781e9:0x376af0185b105d1!2m2!1d-81.522409!2d28.376247!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7e19169ceacb:0x11d5182c68b0f632!2m2!1d-81.584175!2d28.405778!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0x3438044622233fbb!2m2!1d-81.591314!2d28.359719!3e0?hl=en

If you talk to Nannette while she is driving the possibility arises that you may wind up taking a side trip to Miami!

~NM

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself. I am the product of a Disney World-saturated childhood (nothing wrong with that) and hope to continue the tradition with my own DS. Many of you already know my Disney-obsessed mama, Sue (Wood Nymph). I will be wandering around these pages to fuel the Disney fire, and avoid bombarding my poor DH with too much Disney talk.
:flower3:
~Cari~
P.S. I'm tentatively looking at the Beach Club for a spring 2016 stay.

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself. I am the product of a Disney World-saturated childhood (nothing wrong with that) and hope to continue the tradition with my own DS. Many of you already know my Disney-obsessed mama, Sue (Wood Nymph). I will be wandering around these pages to fuel the Disney fire, and avoid bombarding my poor DH with too much Disney talk.
~Cari~

I thought I recognized the username. :)

~Cari~

Welcome Cari! party::welcome:party:

We here on the BC/YC Thread are fond of nepotism! You can pick up your copy of the key to the Fantasy Suite Closet, which is the home for those of us wishing to never leave the resort. You have been assigned Bunk B 7 but if you snore you might be reassigned to a Balcony Bunk.

Newbies are generally given Karaoke machine duties during the laundry room drunken singalongs. This is because if we let Couchy run the machine she will only play Neil Diamond songs
wacko.gif
. You also might want to fluff up your pool noodle fencing skills as we usually request new members make a run through of the pool chairs and collect all the abandoned towels reserving spots for people who are actually at a park and nowhere near the pool.

Have you learned to make a Sunken Treasure yet? If not here are the ingredients so that you can practice at home!

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

Once your liver gets used to this lime green libation you should find yourself fully prepared for a stay at the resort!

~NM

~Cari~

I thought I recognized the username. :)

:welcome: to posting on the DIS and to this forum.

Any friend (or daughter) of ~Sue is an instant friend of ours!

We would be happy to help fuel your excitement for Disney and a possible stay at the Beach Club!

Dee

:goodvibes

Mears runs a shuttle that picks up at some Disney resorts, for around $20 per person, I think.

Dreams Unlimited (sponsor of the DIS) has a package deal that includes transportation and 1 day/2 park tickets for Universal/IoA, $150 per person.

Here's the link: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/terms-1day2park-roundtrip.htm

I have used a private car service to get between Disney/Universal and it is under $100 round trip (plus tip). We will be using Ed Korgan livery service for the 3rd time in February (MCO to US). I have heard good things about Tiffany Town Car as well.

Recent posters on the Disney to US Transportation thread have been suggesting checking into Uber.

Transportation between Disney and US/IoA

I'll come back and post a link from the Universal Boards about transportation and see if I can find the Dreams Unlimited deal.

Teena, cover your eyes...

The Harry Potter stuff rocks!

:wizard:
We really loved our Pre WDW 3 day Universal visit! Both Harry Potter sections were amazing!
We used *********** Towncar service to transfer us from Universal hotel to our Disney hotel.

I would caution against using just any cab. Mears is reliable, and most car services that give you a flat rate. But there are many Gypsy cabs that meters spin so fast it makes you dizzy.

Congrats!

Nannette also runs a shuttle service between WDW and Universal. You just have to be there when she is in Florida and it's probably a good idea if you are actually on the same trip as her.

Highlights of her transportation prowess include midnight explorations into the back roads of Ft. Wilderness and the occasional Yeti sighting (the REAL one not the broken one at Animal Kingdom).

This map represents a typical "Nannette Journey" trying to get from point A: The Beach Club to point B: The Magic Kingdom

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/28.3697531,-81.5542308/Walt+Disney+World+Resort,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL+32830/The+Campsites+at+Disney%27s+Fort+Wilderness+Resort,+Fort+Wilderness+Trail,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL/Magic+Kingdom+Park,+1180+Seven+Seas+Drive,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL+32830/Animal+Kingdom+Lodge,+Kissimmee,+FL/Disney%27s+Saratoga+Springs+Resort+%26+Spa,+1960+Broadway,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL+32830/Disney%27s+Polynesian+Resort,+1600+Seven+Seas+Drive,+Orlando,+FL+32830/28.3864915,-81.5860693/28.3683675,-81.5738813/Disney%27s+Animal+Kingdom+Theme+Park/@28.3682164,-81.5548269,13z/data=!4m47!4m46!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7ee634caa5f7:0xa71e391fd01cf1a0!2m2!1d-81.563874!2d28.385234!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7f960e02326f:0x2a5ec5e2508137cd!2m2!1d-81.55369!2d28.395717!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7e536aa54b81:0x66b8bcd58da841a!2m2!1d-81.581196!2d28.417662!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7e9dee78babf:0xe9cc1b9b6796550!2m2!1d-81.602674!2d28.35121!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7f8f3ce781e9:0x376af0185b105d1!2m2!1d-81.522409!2d28.376247!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7e19169ceacb:0x11d5182c68b0f632!2m2!1d-81.584175!2d28.405778!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0x3438044622233fbb!2m2!1d-81.591314!2d28.359719!3e0?hl=en

If you talk to Nannette while she is driving the possibility arises that you may wind up taking a side trip to Miami!

~NM
Bwahahaha!

~Cari~

Welcome :goodvibes

Welcome Cari! party::welcome:party:

Newbies are generally given Karaoke machine duties during the laundry room drunken singalongs. This is because if we let Couchy run the machine she will only play Neil Diamond songs. You also might want to fluff up your pool noodle fencing skills as we usually request new members make a run through of the pool chairs and collect all the abandoned towels reserving spots for people who are actually at a park and nowhere near the pool.

~NM

I expect nothing less. :dance3:

~Cari~

Hi there! I am new to this thread. We are planning a visit to the World in September 2015. We haven't been in a few years, so I'm feeling pretty rusty. This will be our first visit to the BC (considering a split stay at CR), and I am so excited!! Feeling like a WDW newbie since so much has changed since our last visit.

Question: What is the best route to get from BC to MK?

Thanks!!

Hi there! I am new to this thread. We are planning a visit to the World in September 2015. We haven't been in a few years, so I'm feeling pretty rusty. This will be our first visit to the BC (considering a split stay at CR), and I am so excited!! Feeling like a WDW newbie since so much has changed since our last visit.

Thanks!!

Welcome Mama! :cheer2::welcome::cheer2:

Are you driving or taking the bus? What ever you do, I would definitely NOT Follow Nannette! ;)

Here is a link to Google maps. If you zoom in you can read the road names. If you really zoom in you might see Sasquatch :wave2:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Magic+Kingdom+Park,+Seven+Seas+Drive,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL/Disney%27s+Beach+Club+Resort,+1800+Epcot+Resorts+Boulevard,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL+32830/@28.3782698,-81.5613726,14z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7e536aa54b81:0x66b8bcd58da841a!2m2!1d-81.581196!2d28.417662!1m5!1m1!1s0x88dd7fac3e06c229:0xf888e62fdee747bc!2m2!1d-81.555633!2d28.371577!3e0?hl=en

:teacher:
~NM

Fantastic!!!

:cool1:

Here's a quick question for all you YC experts...

I asked our TA to submit this room request with our YC Standard View reservation: high floor on Crescent Lake side of the resort.

The TA came back with "the water views are not Standard so I cannot guarantee that for you. I did get Disney to request the higher floor though."

I was not asking for a water view, just a standard view room on the lake side of the resort. Do these room types exist? I thought they did after checking Touring Plan's YC room finder... :confused3

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Martin

Bumping this up.

I don't know for sure, but I would be surprised if there were not a few standard view rooms overlooking rooftops on the lake side, back of the resort.

If I were you, I would go back to the TA and ask again for her to add the request- what could it hurt???

:)

Just a little excited!! Dee, thank you for pointing out the info on CL, I just spent a happy 45 minutes perusing pictures and dreaming of March.:) Happy New Year to all!

Glad you enjoyed a little trip down the rabbit hole looking at pictures and links. That's what they are there for!

:goodvibes

Thanks!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

I can't help you with driving directions if that is what you are looking for.

For me, the bus is the way to go. The ride from the BC to MK takes between 12-15 minutes plus any waiting time.

Please note that if you do drive to the MK, you will be parking at the TTC so you will have to take the ferry or monorail to the MK gates and that will add some time to your journey. The bus brings you directly to the entrance.

Another way to get to the MK is to walk to the front of EPCOT and take the monorail, but this is not a quick process. You need to go through bag check to enter EP through the International Gateway, then about a 25-30 minute walk to the front of the park. Wait for monorail. Take monorail to TTC, then change monos to get to MK.

I wlll often take the monorail back from MK to EP to get back to the BC, mainly because I enjoy the ride and some extra time in EP is never a bad thing!

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

:thumbsup2

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have finished the trip report about the August Yacht & Beach Club DIS meet. I have all of the chapters linked for your binge-reading pleasure. Click on the "What Happens at the Beach Club..." link in my signature.

I have also completed the Disneyland portion of my July trip, and have posted the first installment of the Hawaii trip. This report also has linked chapters. "Tale of Two Trips" in my signature.

Hope to see you there!

Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter