2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Not a regular here, but I started reading this thread back in July after I booked a fall 3-day weekend for us at the YC. You guys are great! I learned about room views, what to request, and all about the secret entrance/exit.

Anyway, on Monday afternoon we returned from our F&WF Quickie Weekend at the YC, and we fell in love with it all over again! My first trip to WDW was way back in 1997...yep, my first trip to the World was when I was 31! We stayed at the YC back then with friends, but have been staying primarily at the GF since 2002, since we loved it and its proximity to the MK. Our DD was 3 1/2 at the time, and has grown up loving the GF, so was hesitant about trying someplace new to her. We loved it so much that we will probably book another long weekend at the YC next fall, too.

So, I knew to request a SE-facing room for the water view we had booked (thanks Touring Plans), and we hoped for an upper floor. I also added some room numbers that TP had recommended. Upon check-in, we were told that none of those 4th floor rooms were available, but they did have for us a 3rd-floor room, almost directly underneath those. Well, room 3049 had a stunning view - we were so happy that we could even see IllumiNations from the balcony the one night we weren't in the WS.

Here's the view at sunset, turning my head ever so slightly left:

This is straight on and slightly right:

This is a panorama of the entire view:

And here's sunrise Monday morning:

The secret door was great, but half the time we returned and it was locked, and Magic Bands couldn't get us in. With tired feet, that was a bummer!

All in all, it was an awesome trip! The YC is awesome! SAB is fantastic! Gotta finish dinner, but if I think of anything else, I'll add it...

:sunny:

Hi all,

Not a regular here, but I started reading this thread back in July after I booked a fall 3-day weekend for us at the YC. You guys are great! I learned about room views, what to request, and all about the secret entrance/exit.

Anyway, on Monday afternoon we returned from our F&WF Quickie Weekend at the YC, and we fell in love with it all over again! My first trip to WDW was way back in 1997...yep, my first trip to the World was when I was 31! We stayed at the YC back then with friends, but have been staying primarily at the GF since 2002, since we loved it and its proximity to the MK. Our DD was 3 1/2 at the time, and has grown up loving the GF, so was hesitant about trying someplace new to her. We loved it so much that we will probably book another long weekend at the YC next fall, too.

So, I knew to request a SE-facing room for the water view we had booked (thanks Touring Plans), and we hoped for an upper floor. I also added some room numbers that TP had recommended. Upon check-in, we were told that none of those 4th floor rooms were available, but they did have for us a 3rd-floor room, almost directly underneath those. Well, room 3049 had a stunning view - we were so happy that we could even see IllumiNations from the balcony the one night we weren't in the WS.

Here's the view at sunset, turning my head ever so slightly left:

This is straight on and slightly right:

This is a panorama of the entire view:

And here's sunrise Monday morning:

The secret door was great, but half the time we returned and it was locked, and Magic Bands couldn't get us in. With tired feet, that was a bummer!

All in all, it was an awesome trip! The YC is awesome! SAB is fantastic! Gotta finish dinner, but if I think of anything else, I'll add it...

:sunny:
I think you were right down the hall from us.. 3093

AKL CL offers and has been offering Mimosa's for a while now! Yum!!!

Lol! We will meet up eventually!!!

~N
No Mimosa when we stayed, but :lovestruc AKL CL. I'm sure our butt prints are still in the chairs by the rail closest to food tables ::yes::

I want to say GF gave me champagne when we arrived, but I am not positive
Again, nope!! Not us! And this was a recent stay, late August.

:rolleyes1 I must be doing something wrong, lol.

Best place to go for an early morning cup of coffee? I'm anticipating lots of early morning walks with DD, and thought the BW bakery would be a great place, but I noticed they don't open until 8. Is there coffee earlier than 8 anywhere?

Aside from coffee maker in room? We've gone to Marketplace or the little pub off YC lobby to fill up with coffee before heading off, but they all have the same brand of coffee as in the room.
I'm not sure what time they open, maybe someone can chime in. But they were always open early enough for us to go there, and get to park opening.

Thanks everyone I will see about turning the head on the shower I didn't notice it had adjustments :). That was like showering in a wind tunnel on a rainy day. Last night I took a bath and used my refillable cup to rinse my hair.

I find this to be true at the YC. If DIsney wants to know why we aren't recycling our towels it's b/c of the mess we're cleaning up after all the showers. Having only stayed YC/BC for the last few visits, I forgot what it was like at a another hotel. In summer we did a WL/YC split and had no problem at the WL!

page 91-92

Did anyone take advantage of room only discounts in the season around May last year? I'm wondering what was available for bc? Since standard is already booked for my dates, I'm guessing that's out, but maybe garden view? Or was it only club level? We really want to stay there, but we'd need the discount.

:welcome: to this forum!

I hope you are able to find a discount that works for you!

:goodvibes

Shower issue worked out. I adjusted the head and now there is no wind issue. The precious guest must love splash mountain ;)

Now my prob is that I bought two HM bags! Yesterday I found the cross body and grabbed it, but today they had the letter carrier which I didn't think I wanted but I saw a woman with one the other day and really liked the look

Glad the suggestions about the shower head worked!

I would say your dilemma is a good problem to have!

:hmghost:

After much deliberation over dates and Wdw vs DcL, we have confirmed our stay! Doing CR 11/15 and switch to YC GV 11/16-24. After that we head to Marco Island til 12/1. :cool1:
16 days to go!!

:woohoo:

I'll make sure your Be Our Guest listing is correct.

:goodvibes

Yay!! So excited to be headed back to the BC late March! :cheer2::cheer2:

We are going to stay CL again and I'm excited for it has been awhile since we stayed on the CL floor. Have the rooms been changed? I read on here the lounge was expanded/updated but didn't know if the rooms were too. Do you think there will be any construction in March? I mean noticeable not individual room upgrades. We thought about the YC but wanted to see the new lounge, lol!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for late March.

I think Teena answered, but you should be all set in March. They are currently working on the BC CL rooms as we speak. They expect to be done in late November/early December.

:cool1:

Hi all,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your trip and the spectacular pictures!!!

Would you mind adding them to the YC View Thread, or giving me permission to add them?

Room 3049? or something else?

This is the thread: Yacht Club View Thread

:goodvibes:

Hey we have changed our dates to 11/14/15-11/21/15. Still at the bc. Thanks

I'll revise your dates.

I notice I have you on the list for this November and next Nov. Just next year?

:thumbsup2

Best place to go for an early morning cup of coffee? I'm anticipating lots of early morning walks with DD, and thought the BW bakery would be a great place, but I noticed they don't open until 8. Is there coffee earlier than 8 anywhere?

:welcome:

I think the Ale & Compass in the Yacht Club lobby opens at 6:30 and the Marketplace at the Beach Club opens for coffee either at 6:30 or 7.

:coffee:

Well. Well. Well. It's Halloween!

That means a few different things. Candy. Costumes. And Happy Birthday Dee!

:bday:And Thanks from all of us for all you do:bday:

I'll revise your dates.

I notice I have you on the list for this November and next Nov. Just next year?

:thumbsup2

Yes just next year. Thanks :thumbsup2

Hi can you remove me from the be our guest list please. A change of plan has us staying CL at AKL instead

:wave2:

Awesome to see you back here!!!

All of the info we have about the refurb is in the first post of this thread.

This is what we know- the work is mostly interior, rooms and hallways. We have not heard that there will be the construction destruction like is occurring at the Poly. Everything possible will be done to avoid disruption to guests- areas being worked on will be taken out of service while being refurbed.

We don't have timetables for the work, but we believe it will be about 10 months to a year for the BC rehab and then the YC rehab will start.

Somewhere in between, we have heard that the BCV will undergo some rehab work, but we don't know the scope or extent of the work on the villas.

Hope that helps.

And my fingers are crossed for happy news for your family!

:cloud9:

Thanks Dee! Docotors visit this morning was very encouraging, so keeping our fingers crossed!

They've got coffee at the BC Marketplace, and if you happen to be in the BW area early in the morning, try the Belle Vue Lounge.

The BC rehab will be done by October 2015 ... it will be going on in the BCV and YC then. And it's nothing like the Poly. You won't even know it is going on even if you were staying while it was going on. They only do an area at a time and of course those rooms are taken out of inventory.

Thanks for the clarification Teena. That might be a problem for us as we're gonna need at least a 2 BR and a studio just for immediate family. I hope the refurb won't bother us too much, I want to be home at BCV for a change!

Thanks for the clarification Teena. That might be a problem for us as we're gonna need at least a 2 BR and a studio just for immediate family. I hope the refurb won't bother us too much, I want to be home at BCV for a change!

They only do a section at a time and all noise work is done between 10 AM and 4 PM when people are at the pool or parks. Unless you are around the resort in between those hours, I doubt you will even know it is going on.

They've got coffee at the BC Marketplace, and if you happen to be in the BW area early in the morning, try the Belle Vue Lounge.
Thanks! I hope DD is tired enough that she sleeps later, but since she can nap in the stroller whenever she wants I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm glad there are some coffee options outside of our room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!