2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are leaving for the Beach Club on Saturday and I can't wait!!! So far it looks like we will be getting there just as the rain is leaving - thank god!! I have officially mentally checked out of work and have become completely useless. I feel bad but I just can't get myself to do anything except think about this trip! My last detail is waiting for the activities schedule so I can plan what night to watch the movie. Saturday can't come fast enough!! Teena, hoping to stop and say hi on Sunday or Monday - you are working right?

Yep, Sunday and Monday. See you soon!

The YC rooms are scheduled to be refurbed after the BC rooms. BC is underway and, based on reading here, YC should begin sometime next year. So, you're likely to get the rooms shortly before they are refurbed. We're staying around the same time!

BC rooms haven't been started yet. Sometime in October but probably at least a week from now.

page 35-38

Sorry I have been absent for the last few days. Had some family drama.

My dear dad, who is generally of pretty sound mind and body for his 81 years, thought it was a good idea to participate in a 5K Walk-a-thon for the cancer center at the local hospital in 85 degree heat on Sunday. Well, he passed out and lost consciousness and ended up with an overnight stay in the very hospital he was walking for.

Thankfully, lots of nurses were around him when it happened. After a battery of tests, no medical issues were found and the diagnosis was fainting, probably due to dehydration.

Fortunately, nothing was broken, but his face and hands are full of some pretty nasty abrasions.

:hug:

Dee...sending :hug: and wishing your dad a speedy recovery!!

Thanks!

My dad is really an incredible guy. His sense of humor has remained intact through this whole ordeal, including asking the very nice technician doing the ultrasound of his heart if he was pregnant.

:lmao:

LOL that is too funny. Sounds like he has a great sense of humor. :rotfl2:

Dee, I hope your father has a speedy recovery. He sounds like a fun guy with a great sense of humor!

Dee and Sue, thanks for the replies. I'm going to probably submit a request to rent DVC points through a third-party vendor with the BCVs as my #1 choice, so I'll let you know if in fact I'll be staying there next September for my 40th birthday! Thanks!

Hi Guys!
Arriving at our favorite destination on October 8th. Does anyone know if the new club lounge will be open yet...are there any progress reports?

Can't wait!:cheer2:
Holly

shoreward said:
Unfortunately, a baggage only transfer is not allowed upon arrival at MCO; you must ride the bus to your resort, if you want your bags collected and delivered to your room.

However, you are allowed to check-in for your return flight, get your boarding passes, and drop off your bags at the resort's airline check-in stand, without having to ride the ME back to the airport.

Interesting and glad I asked. I thought otherwise. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Hi all, I'm planning a family trip to the BC in January 2016 to celebrate a big birthday and this thread has been super helpful already. Looking forward to following along for the next year, and I'm sure I'll have loads of questions as our trip approaches. :cool1:

Wish I could see the new BC lounge but for now just happy I get to stay at BC again!! We are going over fall break and leave on Saturday!! Since it falls right between mine and my sons birthday we decided to splurge (ok, and because I REALLY like the BC) and upgrade our room to a standard BC room from the POFQ. I like the POFQ too but whenever I'm at the BC I feel like I'm home. :cloud9:

Can't wait to be there and enjoy MNSSHP and Food and Wine and the BC!

I have a chance of getting a great rate on a standard room at the Beach Club and wanted to know are there any standard rooms on the first floor ? Where are most of the standard rooms located ? Thanks for any help :)

Since most of the standard rooms overlook the driveway, the large flat roofs of the BC business area and shops, and the parking area, there might not be any on the first floor. But it doesn't hurt to ask. Most of the standard view rooms are on the third and fourth floors.

You should ask for first floor if that is what you would like, though, just in case they can give it to you. :)

page 41-43

Thank you everyone for the get-well greetings for my dad. He is doing really well, not sore, but staying pretty close to home. His face is really banged up.

Just made a reservation for Yacht Club Feb 18-24, 2015. Just my husband and I (kids staying home with Grammy) - first adult only trip in years!

I will be attending a 3 day conference at the YC and will be participating in the Princess Half Marathon Weekend (running the 5K, the 10K and the half marathon). Nothing like killing yourself on a trip to Disney :rotfl2:

We have never stayed at any of the Epcot resorts before and we are looking forward to it!

Have any of the YC rooms been or are being refurbished?

Thanks!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

:cool1:

As others have responded, the YC rooms will be refurbished after the BC rooms are completed. We don't know when that will be, but it won't happen before your February trip.

:)

Dee - sorry to hear that your dad hit a little "bump in the road," but glad to hear he's doing well. I think most of us, at one time or another, underestimate the risk of dehydration during extreme heat. It's a good reminder for all of us "running around" at the parks during the summer to stay hydrated!

Good to have you back!

Thanks!

I am reposting this reply since it is such great advice.

My dad passed out as he was opening a bottle of water because he was concerned with dehydration. As a summer veteran of WDW, I know that you should drink more water than you think you need, and before you feel that you need it!

:sunny:

I have a chance of getting a great rate on a standard room at the Beach Club and wanted to know are there any standard rooms on the first floor ? Where are most of the standard rooms located ? Thanks for any help :)

:welcome: to this forum!

As others have replied, we don't believe there are any standard rooms on the first floor.

If you do book a room at the BC, request the first floor anyway, it is possible that you could get placed there even if it is a different room category. And let us know so we can add you to the Be Our Guest list!

:goodvibes

Hi Guys!
Arriving at our favorite destination on October 8th. Does anyone know if the new club lounge will be open yet...are there any progress reports?

Can't wait!:cheer2:
Holly

Others have beat me to the news that the Club Lounge opened this week.

:cheer2:

We are all jonesing for pictures, hopefully someone staying soon can help us out!!!

:bitelip:

Hi all, I'm planning a family trip to the BC in January 2016 to celebrate a big birthday and this thread has been super helpful already. Looking forward to following along for the next year, and I'm sure I'll have loads of questions as our trip approaches. :cool1:

I'll put you on the Be Our Guest list for 2016. We look forward to getting to know you and answering any questions we can as your trip approaches.

:)

I can not wait to see pictures! We moved from YC CL to BC CL and now we are super excited for the change!

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip? Feb?

:cool1:

I have updated the Be Our Guest list through this mornings posts. Please take a moment to look it over to make sure your information is listed correctly.

Thanks!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter