2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me about previous Easter Sunday activities at the resort? From various websites, it looks like there have been easter baskets for sale but not any character meets like they have at Contemporary, Poly and GF? There is a lot of conflicting information on previous years, and they haven't released info for this year yet even though its only a few weeks away. I'm trying to figure out whether to keep my Cape May Breakfast reservation that morning (I'm staying at Yacht Club), or if I should just plan to hop around at the monorail resorts to meet the Easter characters there (which are only available during the same time frame as my breakfast reservation). TIA!

This thread is so full of great info!

I was so excited to see the Frozen summer announced for this year. Do you know if the fireworks will be visible from SAB? How do they do them so they don't conflict with illuminations?
I know that the Frozen fireworks were visible from the area around the Yacht Club. I'm not sure about SAB. Disney doesn't seem to care if fireworks conflict. The frequently have Wishes and Illuminations going off at the same time. If you stand on the boat dock you could watch both Illuminations and the Frozen fireworks at once if they happen to be going off at the same time. :)

The theme park forums on the DIS have some good info about changes going on at the World, but my favorite source of information is my friend Missy's blog page Magic of Main Street (Facebook and on the web). Great, topical news, fantastic writing and pictures by her husband Franklin that will blow you away!!!

I haven't read if the work on the MK hub is done yet. Anyone know?

Pirates is scheduled for refurbishment from May 11-Sept 25. Boo!!! It will be closed during my trip with teens

http://www.magicofmainstreet.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-to-close-for-most-of-summer/

Not sure about Cinderella's Coach, yes "The Hat" is gone, Backlot Tour is closed forever. I don't think Disney has officially announced what will be happening over in that area of the park. There is speculation of a Star Wars expansion or possibly a Pixarland/Carsland addition like at California Adventure.

Very brief piece about Soarin and Toy Story- slated for late 2016. This news doesn't say if the attractions will be offline during the work.

http://www.magicofmainstreet.com/disney-is-expanding-soarin-and-toy-story-mania/

I have heard the Maelstrom attraction is being permanently replaced with a something Frozen.

The biggies at Animal Kingdom: Lion King has a new theatre in Africa and Avatar land is under construction in the Camp Mickey/Minnie area that formerly hosted the theatre .

:listen:

Aw, thanks Dee!

If only I lived closer I'd join you (not that I was invited lol):lmao:

And you would be more than welcome!

Would you consider please sharing the recipe with us? Thanks!

~NM

Here it is! The egg whites aren't cooked, in case that's a concern for anyone. I grew up on this dessert and look how I turned out!

VELVET PIE
1 baked pie crust
1 env. unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups milk
3 egg yokes, beaten
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
rum to taste or 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
3 egg whites
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup heavy cream whipped
1/2 sq unsweetened chocolate
Add gelatin to water; set aside.
Scald milk, stir slowly into combined yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, salt. Cook in double boiler over hot, not boiling, water, stirring, until custard coats spon. Remove, add vanilla or rum (I have always used rum), and gelatin; stir until melted. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until it mounds when dropped from spoon. Beat with beater until just smooth. Beat egg whites until they peak when beater is raised; slowly add 1/4 cup sugar, beating stiff. Combine the beaten egg whites and the whipped cream. Fold into custard along with the nutmeg and shaved chocolate. Turn into shell. Refrigerate until set.

I was so excited to see the Frozen summer announced for this year. Do you know if the fireowrks will be visable from SAB? How do they do them so they don't conflict with illuminations?

Last August, we could see the fireworks while in the pool. I can't guarantee it's the best view. We didn't know they were going to start until they did. But it was cool to see them while we were swimming (I think we were in the shallow section where the sand is).

I was so excited to see the Frozen summer announced for this year. Do you know if the fireowrks will be visable from SAB? How do they do them so they don't conflict with illuminations?
If the timing is the same as last year, Illuminations will be at 9:00 with the FSF fireworks at 9:45. From the beach you should be able to view both (we are going to give this plan a shot in May with the SWW fireworks!)

We just had our "Pie Day Eve" celebration at work...tons of pizza and several triple berry pies...YUM!!! We had a pi calculating contest where I brought in some string, various sized circular lids and some rulers. Everyone was measuring circumferences and diameters and doing the division. I came closest with 3.10909! I won more pie......

Can anyone tell me about previous Easter Sunday activities at the resort? From various websites, it looks like there have been easter baskets for sale but not any character meets like they have at Contemporary, Poly and GF? There is a lot of conflicting information on previous years, and they haven't released info for this year yet even though its only a few weeks away. I'm trying to figure out whether to keep my Cape May Breakfast reservation that morning (I'm staying at Yacht Club), or if I should just plan to hop around at the monorail resorts to meet the Easter characters there (which are only available during the same time frame as my breakfast reservation). TIA!

I've been looking for this information too. Haven't found any 2015 information yet, other than the egg hunt activity in World Showcase.

I haven't seen anything yet posted for this year but for the past eight years or so, there is a Candy Hunt at the BC Easter Morning and some characters usually are there too.

Does anyone know what is in a sunken treasure?

See the hyperlink Post #16 on the first page of this thread. Scroll down past the photo of the Oreo Bon Bons. There's a photo of the drink and its recipe. Eagerly anticipating my first one later this year!

Did you really say you were going to monorail resort "hop" on Easter???

Here is the listing of Easter activities at the Yacht & Beach Club LAST YEAR (2014)

Sunday, April 20- Easter Activities

8:30-10:15am Character meet and greet at BC lawn by volleyball courts

9am Easter Candy Scramble at BC lawn by volleyball court (arrive 5 minutes before start time)

Stormalong Bay: 11:00-11:30 Egg Scramble, 11:30-12:39 tie-dye tshirts, 12:30-1:00 Egg-citing Prize Walk 1:00-1:30 Egg on a spoon relay

:goodvibes:

Hello Natebenma ---- just wanted to :teleport: in to say ----- :wave:

:goodvibes --Bob

:wave2: Bob!

:welcome: to this thread!

It was really nice to meet you in Disneyland and once again, I apologize that it was so brief.

Hope you and your daughter are doing well. I believe you are having some unexpected awful winter weather this year.

:cold:

We might...well, I'll try to watch the OG Cinderella on DVD tonight...you know, just to re-familiarize myself with the story line :)

My daughter has a few friends who are going just to see the Frozen animated short and then leave before Cinderella starts!!!! :eek:

We might...well, I'll try to watch the OG Cinderella on DVD tonight...you know, just to re-familiarize myself with the story line :)

My daughter has a few friends who are going just to see the Frozen animated short and then leave before Cinderella starts!!!! :eek:
That's pure crazy!

I am just bummed! I called to make a change to my Beach Club reservation and CM tells me that my reservation is for a handicapped accessible room/garden view. I did not request a handicapped accessible room when I first made my reservation. I'm concerned as the room type may keep me from be assigned to a room with a large balcony. This is the only room type available for my dates with a garden view. Has anyone had any experience with staying in an accessible room?

I am just bummed! I called to make a change to my Beach Club reservation and CM tells me that my reservation is for a handicapped accessible room/garden view. I did not request a handicapped accessible room when I first made my reservation. I'm concerned as the room type may keep me from be assigned to a room with a large balcony. This is the only room type available for my dates with a garden view. Has anyone had any experience with staying in an accessible room?
Actually, this past August my mom and I stayed just for one night in an accessible room until our room was able to be changed the next day. The room location was great, overlooking the back entrance and it had a great full balcony. We just really wanted a room with a daybed thus the room change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter