2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me what currency is used for the washers and dryers at BC? Quarters, dollars, or credit cards as in POFQ? thanks

Hi,

I see people posting the slide is back up which was "phase 1" of the stormalong refurbishment. Does anyone know yet if they started "phase 2" which is the lazy river? It was scheduled to be done a couple of days before I leave, and I wanted to know if they were still on schedule.
The lazy river was the main reason I booked Beach Club.

Thanks

We just booked a studio villa at the Beach Club for Sept 5-12. We plan to surprise our kids who will be 5 & 9 at the time. I am soooo excited! Hoping for a refurbished room! :) We've only been to Disney once...that was in Dec & we stayed at POR. We visited the Boardwalk & fell in love with the Epcot area. I can't wait to show my kids this pool!!! My DH has requested a more laid back vacation this time. Lol. So...what is everyone's favorite activities to do around the resort? And best places to eat? Thanks everyone. Love planning for Disney.

Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to ask but thought I would start here. We are DVC owners and usually stay at AKL but my husband has a conference at Yacht Club so we are going do a surprise trip for our boys and tag along! I booked our first night through Disney but the rest of the trip was booked through the convention site. Does anyone know if we are going to be able to link that reservation to MDE? I am going to buy annual passes through DVC but we won't trade in the voucher until we are there. Any help is appreciated!

Yes. We are DVC owners, and I have a conference at the Yacht Club! We were able to link the conference reservation with MDE.

When will you guys be there? Maybe the same conference? We will be there May 21-25.

I am excited to say we are headed back to YC for a few days before our first DCL cruise! :yay: :cool1: :yay:

Details are: July 27 - August 1 YC Concierge, me, DH, DD18, DS 14
**Celebrating DD graduation from high school and DS graduation from Middle School

We just booked a studio villa at the Beach Club for Sept 5-12. We plan to surprise our kids who will be 5 & 9 at the time. I am soooo excited! Hoping for a refurbished room! :) We've only been to Disney once...that was in Dec & we stayed at POR. We visited the Boardwalk & fell in love with the Epcot area. I can't wait to show my kids this pool!!! My DH has requested a more laid back vacation this time. Lol. So...what is everyone's favorite activities to do around the resort? And best places to eat? Thanks everyone. Love planning for Disney.

June is our second time staying on property!! First time was POR just like you. Love that resort! Can't really say what our favorite activities around the resort are yet, it will be our first time!! I'm sure we are going to love the pool, Boardwalk area and beaches & cream! We are really looking forward to relaxing at the resort, swimming, watching movies and making s'mores on the beach. Dee does a fantastic job letting everyone know what's going on at BC. check the first few pages of the thread to get good ideas on what to do. Great resource!! We are going to eat at Cape May cafe for dinner one night...we love seafood and you can't beat a seafood buffet!! As for other places to eat,last trip we had a great time eating at whispering canyon cafe at the wilderness lodge. We also did the dinner show at the Polynesian. Lots of fun!

Hey! Our "room" on the new board is nice and comfy!

Hope everyone survived the move...

Guys I need help badly. I booked a last minute stay for my daughter for the 4th at the Beach Club for her birthday. Can anyone tell me what buildings and floors have been renovated? She has a autoimmune condition so we are doing a light trip and having a fresh new room would a little extra help with keeping her healthy. We check in on the 4th but I was told I cant request a renovated room since they dont know what rooms are renovated by looking in the computer. They said to call back once I knew with the specific area I want. I searched on here but it seems the search function is down. Thanks

Guys I need help badly. I booked a last minute stay for my daughter for the 4th at the Beach Club for her birthday. Can anyone tell me what buildings and floors have been renovated? She has a autoimmune condition so we are doing a light trip and having a fresh new room would a little extra help with keeping her healthy. We check in on the 4th but I was told I cant request a renovated room since they dont know what rooms are renovated by looking in the computer. They said to call back once I knew with the specific area I want. I searched on here but it seems the search function is down. Thanks

Hey cinderella73.
Last I remember all of the 5th floor was finished. Part of the 4th is finished and they are still working on sections there. Not sure which sections. Maybe some current visitors can answer.

Hey cinderella73.
Last I remember all of the 5th floor was finished. Part of the 4th is finished and they are still working on sections there. Not sure which sections. Maybe some current visitors can answer.
Thanks Mickey T ! I wish they started at the bottom. I hate heights! lol Hopefully someone knows which buildings.

I just wanted to point out a new button. It's labeled "Go to first unread" This will be a great help for when the this thread heats up and moves quickly.

~NM

Love the new boards. Sadly I am still unable to use the Dis mobile.
I still have an Error message.

My avatar disappeared :(. Oh well, at least the Seahawks didn't win tonight!

Thanks Mickey T ! I wish they started at the bottom. I hate heights! lol Hopefully someone knows which buildings.
Nice thing about the BC/YC, it's only one building. If you look at the map on page one you will see what I mean. As far as which section of the fourth floor, I don't remember anyone really saying. Perhaps someone there now can fill us in.

As far as this "new look", it's going to take some getting use to.

Katesdad

Woah! Where am I???

Getting used to the new look and changes on the DIS. They changed page numbers. We were on page 188 or so, now it is 143. Must be more posts per page. Wonder what our thread page limit will be now (previously 250). Also wondering if the 25 photo/smilie limit remains.

My family will be staying home today as we are expecting another foot or so of snow. Good timing, though, Mother Nature. We need a bit of decompression time after the last couple of weeks of Spamalot, followed by the Patriots Superbowl victory (gift) last night.

:cheer2:

p. 142-143

We just returned from WDW yesterday from our stay at WL. While we were there we stopped by the Beach Club for a really nice visit with Teena. She is so much fun to talk to. :goodvibes Then it was lunch at Crews Cup lounge where DH had his favorite Angus burger and I had my favorite clam chowder. We also returned another night for dinner at Cape May. They have a new procedure for the crab legs. They bring them to you rather than have them on the buffet. It probably cuts down on waste.

We also went to Downtown Disney (DTD) and noticed that the DTD bus now only shares between YC and BC. It no longer shares with all five Epcot resorts like it did last March. And the resort buses now only stop at the Marketplace bus stop. They don't have a stop at the West End right now. I don't know if that is going to change once construction is finished.

Thank you for the information about the crab legs at Cape May and the DTD bus.

:thumbsup2

I've read Most of the pages of this thread, and its very informative. Staying at BC late April and would love to meet Teena if she doesn't mind strangers seeking her out. I don't want her to think I'm a stalker. I'll be there 4/25-5/3 Thanks

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15)

Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

Teena will be delighted to meet you!!!

:cool1:

For those travelers waiting to book on Southwest their website is now showing Feb. 19th as the date they will open their schedule for booking flights after August 7th.

Thanks so much for the headsup!

:goodvibes:

Is my first time at BC (stayed at YC before over 20 years ago, but not BC) And have never been to SAB so I'm excited about that also. Not sure about going on the water slide, I've not been on one since I was a teenager (in other words years and years ago lol) I have seen the seven dwarves mine train on my last trip to Disney but it was down for some reason that day (I guess for some mechanical reason cause it wasn't scheduled to be down). I am really looking forward to being up early in the morning when it's nice and quiet and enjoying the area around crescent lake with my coffee before it comes to life. (my quiet time to enjoy the coffee, getting up early isn't everyones idea of a good time on vacation lol but I enjoy that quiet time with a coffee)

There's a couple of sundae's on my list to try from Beaches & Cream! (Does anyone know if you can take one 'to go' or do I have to sit down there like a table service restaurant in order to get one?)

MickeyT posted a picture of the takeout menu a little while ago (November). I'll see if I saved a picture or if I can find it here, or maybe he will post it for us again.

:)

We can't wait to meet you, Teena! We'll be there from June 6 - 18th. We'll try to keep our problems to a minimum...hopefully there won't be any!

I'm sure I mentioned I will be at the World at the same time. Feel free to say hello if you see me. Although I will be towered over by a bunch of 13 year old boys, so maybe you will want to steer clear!

:rotfl2:

Can someone tell me what currency is used for the washers and dryers at BC? Quarters, dollars, or credit cards as in POFQ? thanks

I haven't used the laundry at BC, but last I knew, it was quarters. We do have a section on Page 1 with laundry info (Amenities Post 5). If anyone has used the laundry room recently, can you confirm the payment options. Thanks!

Hi,

I see people posting the slide is back up which was "phase 1" of the stormalong refurbishment. Does anyone know yet if they started "phase 2" which is the lazy river? It was scheduled to be done a couple of days before I leave, and I wanted to know if they were still on schedule.
The lazy river was the main reason I booked Beach Club.

Thanks

BUMP!!!

I would love to know this too.

:cool2:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Some others have checked in with suggestions of places to eat and things to do. Post 4 (activities) and Post 5 (amenities) have some info on resort activities and Post 7 has the BC/YC dining options with menus and some pictures.

::yes::

Yes. We are DVC owners, and I have a conference at the Yacht Club! We were able to link the conference reservation with MDE.

When will you guys be there? Maybe the same conference? We will be there May 21-25.

:goodvibes:

I am excited to say we are headed back to YC for a few days before our first DCL cruise! :yay: :cool1: :yay:

Details are: July 27 - August 1 YC Concierge, me, DH, DD18, DS 14
**Celebrating DD graduation from high school and DS graduation from Middle School

Great celebrations!

:woohoo:

So are you checking in on Wednesday? It may be too late to add your room request to your reservation through Central Reservations- the room assigners may already have it. Still, call anyway and word your request "4th Floor renovated room, if possible, due to health issues" I recommend that you discuss your room placement and reasons a newly renovated room is preferable when you are checking in.

My avatar disappeared :(. Oh well, at least the Seahawks didn't win tonight!

:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter