2013 Dis Exclusive Backstage Magic 12/15 - 12/20/13 SOLD OUT!!!!!

Hi Everyone!

Only just got back yesterday so still catching up with everything - but firstly 'Merry Christmas' everyone!

I'm still working on the pictures, but I'll post the picasa/google+ album up now (hopefully i've shared it right).

https://plus.google.com/photos/110808294882297641129/albums/5959526362651111313?banner=pwa

There's a lot of us on the Home of the Stars tour and Madame Tussaud's, but the rest are a bit further down.

For those of you interested - we were successful in getting the painting home! In the end Virgin Atlantic just let me take it on the plane, although the TSA were very confused with what to do with it as it didn't fit through their X-ray machine!

Jon

These pictures from both of your sets are awesome. Those pictures are making me excited to go on the Backstage Magic trip in July. I wish it was July 5th already.

I see you went to one of the exclusive places we went on the October BSM tour. We were told we were the first group to go there. We weren't allowed to take photos, however! We'll see what July brings.

First off: Merry Christmas!!!

Jeff: Sorry I didn't post any photos for you guys. You know how go, go everything is. :flower3: I'm trying to get my Flikr account going, but my internet has been hateful the last few days!

For those of you interested - we were successful in getting the painting home! In the end Virgin Atlantic just let me take it on the plane, although the TSA were very confused with what to do with it as it didn't fit through their X-ray machine!

Jon

So glad you got it home okay. I was wondering how you were going to do it. I was so happy to see that painting go home with you guys! If I couldn't have it then I'm glad it's got a good home with you all!

:grouphug::cheer2:THE ABD PHOTOS ARE UP, THE ABD PHOTOS ARE UP! :cheer2::grouphug: From what I can tell it's not ALL of the photos yet, but it's something for now!

I'm actually a little glad we didn't have a "major" purchase to get home this trip tough as we continued to have our bad luck trying to get back home. In all honestly it could have been worse, always could have been worse, but I don't understand the unlucky star our return trips always seem to happen under. At least it's not the outgoing trip I suppose.

So our driver picked us up on time: Awesome

Got through security and grabbed a bite to eat: Awesome

Boarded, turfed a guy out of my seat who had made a mistake: No Big

Noticed there was no inflight entertainment, most importantly the map I like to follow our plane on: *Sigh*

The LAX baggage area lost power so we had to wait for bags for an hour and a half or so: Hmmmmm

We miss our connecting flight to Savannah, the last flight to Savannah: Not awesome

Delta puts us up at the Sheridan, gives us $50 in airport money and directs us towards the shuttle: Thanks, could have been worse, but still not loving this

Head to the shuttle, with 200 of our new friends: Hectic

One shuttle, so pushing and shoving: Hate our new friends

Get to hotel, check in, buy Coke, go to room: Whatever

Wake up with no hairbrush, etc: Jeri looks like baby bird. Will not discuss my look. Being grateful hotel handed out toothbrushes!

Head back to airport to eat and spend my $50 in airport money before our 1:45 flight: Yes, 1:45. Sometimes living in the middle of nowhere is not helpful

Restaurant doesn't take Delta airport money: Starting to hate everyone

Get on plane, get home, meet Mom for the pick up: Mom has never looked more beautiful!

Bags are lost: Really, really hate everyone! Except Mom who came to retrieve me and fed the cats while we were gone so is beautiful.

Go home: Thank The LORD! I love you bed!!!! Can't sleep!!!! 2:30 a.m., still can't sleep! I just want to sleep for the love of Pete!

Day 2 @ 6:45 a.m.: Bags arrive home safe and sound! :cheer2: But at 6:45? :scared: I JUST WANT TO SLEEP! But on great side, bags did arrive and everything was untouched in there! So glad!

And lastly, anybody else still out of sync with the real time? I didn't have this much trouble coming back from Italy! So glad I didn't have anywhere to be on time this week.

Wow Lauren. Remind me never to travel the same route as you. ;)

Phew! Lauren- I am sorry you had so much trouble getting home.

I am very pleased that the roughest part of our trip was that the Orlando airport Starbucks ran out of the location mugs while we were in California! All our connections were smooth- although I really did not enjoy moving my own luggage around again. ;)

I was pleased that we were selected for TSA Pre-Check for 3 out of 4 flights on this trip. The odd prt was that the one we didn't get was not the same for John & I! He did not have it on the Orlando-LA leg, and I didn't get it on the Orlando to Phila leg. Odd- but when we were chosen- it was so smooth!!

And yes- Lauren, I agree- sleeping in my own bed again was heavenly.:cloud9: We both slept a solid 10 hours our first night at home!!! Ahhhh! :goodvibes

Jon- so glad to hear your painting arrived safely! I can just imagine the looks on the TSA faces trying to figure out what to do with it!! :lmao:

How/where do you see the ABD photos? I did not get an email. Where do we find them? (edited to add: Never mind! John reminded me we have a card with a link on it!! :) )

I am still trudging through our photos. Rotating, cropping, weeding out garbage, etc. I should have them up soon- I hope! The real world of work is back in full force- so time is scarce at the moment.

Overall- I do want to report that our first ABD experience was excellent! We enjoyed meeting everyone. I think we had terrific guides. We were able to see many things we could never see on our own. Only one day of icky (rainy) weather- but we trudged on.
I was disappointed that we didn't do a couple of things other groups had done- but that's entirely my fault for reading trip reports!! Nothing is promised and everything is dependent on the circumstances of when you actually visit. I witnessed our guides performing magic during our whole trip- arranging access, secret conversations behind the Paddle of Power! They went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful experience!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone of the Adventurers on our trip- it was a pleasure traveling with you!! Hope you all arrived home safely and had a wonderful Christmas! :santa:

I lost the card with the photo album web address. Can one of you please email the link to go4dkil@aol.com.

Thanks

Jon K

Hey Jon!

Just got back from race weekend at WDW and have started looking for the card. I already downloaded what I wanted so I'm not sure where I put it but I'll keep an eye out and let you know when I find it!

Hey y'all! Long time no talk! This real life thing is for the birds.

So as some of you may know (and/or care/not care?) I scrapbook our trips. But for some reason I haven't had any scraping mojo. AT ALL! It's been most annoying. I've got great photos of AK Wild Animal Trek (highly recommend) our Tower of Terror Race, my 40th birthday, this trip, and I've scrapped nothing, nada, zip!

As luck would have it I'm in the middle of making some rather large life decisions right now about some work stuff, and so of course my mind immediately turns to scrapbooking instead of this pile o' stuff I got on my desk. Procrastination, hello, old friend!

So finally some pages and photos to share of this most excellent trip! I know Jeff has been holding his breath this whole time for some dang photos! :rotfl2:

Without further ado I present a few pages:

Thanks again, John, for my Ears! This is truly one of my most favorite memories, glowing with my new friends!

Hey y'all! Long time no talk! This real life thing is for the birds.

So as some of you may know (and/or care/not care?) I scrapbook our trips. But for some reason I haven't had any scraping mojo. AT ALL! It's been most annoying. I've got great photos of AK Wild Animal Trek (highly recommend) our Tower of Terror Race, my 40th birthday, this trip, and I've scrapped nothing, nada, zip!

As luck would have it I'm in the middle of making some rather large life decisions right now about some work stuff, and so of course my mind immediately turns to scrapbooking instead of this pile o' stuff I got on my desk. Procrastination, hello, old friend!

So finally some pages and photos to share of this most excellent trip! I know Jeff has been holding his breath this whole time for some dang photos! :rotfl2:

Awesome photos pages!!! That was a terrific trip- rain and all.
I completely understand the procrastination thing- he and I are well acquainted. ;)
We have photos too- tucked away in a little file on this computer somewhere... maybe someday I will organize them?
Not sure when. Absolute truth- right now I am scanning and organizing photos from our 1993 trip to WDW!!! I do hope I don't wait until 2034 to get to the BSM trip! :rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing!

Has anyone been wondering where the rest of the scrapbook pages are? Well, I'll just pretend that out there somewhere someone is going, wait, I thought Lauren always scrapbooked their ABD trips? That Italy one she did was amazing! Where is the scrapbook from our trip!?!

Right? Someone is, right?

Well, just in case you are, here's the scoop. I have finally had to admit that, yes, there is a busted disc in my neck, and, yes, it limits the amount of time I can spend on the computer and, yes, I need that time for actual work, thus, the scrapbook was never going to happen. Coming to terms with this has been a real struggle for me I have to admit. I love scrapbooking so much. I have so many half started projects for this book and I just need to let them go.

But I also really love all the photos we have so I've found another way! I've made a more generic photo book just to get the photos on the pages and telling a story. It's basically plug and play so I can recommend it to anyone. The pages are nice and think with good quality stock and good color throughout. Plus, there was a Groupon, so, you know, score!

One of the things that really drives me to get my photos off the computer and into a book is my grandpa. Later in life he had dementia pretty bad but even though he couldn't remember any of us when we visited he would look at his photo books for hours and remembered the things in the photos that happened a long time ago. So that's my public service announcement to get your photos off the computer and somewhere where you can enjoy them! Thinking of him made me put away my pride on this project and just get my photos out where they can be enjoyed!

So better late than never, here's our trip!
http://www.adoramapix.com/app/showbook/laurenboxx/book/2013-ADB-Backstage-Magic/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts