2013 dates

I don't think Alaska would be a whole lot cheaper though.

Airfare should be MUCH cheaper if you fly into Seattle to do the Alaska trip - bet you will save $2,500 for 3 of you on airfare alone. Although there are all the fun add-ons for Alaska - whale watching, flightseeing, etc., etc.

Jodie

So I've decided not to book at this time. I was going to book an Alaskan trip but the prices don't seem much lower than the upcoming trips this year. I'd like to see Alaska but am not dying to at this time with a young child. I'm going to wait and see what's in store for the Wonder for the rest of 2013. Hopefully something I want to do will fall somewhat into the school break schedule, cost a little less and still be on the west coast. Happy Booking everyone!

Oh and, btw, I can't get over how much some of those Mediterranean trips are! :scared1: Those who booked them are so lucky to be able to afford them. :goodvibes

I was in Disney World when the itineraries came out, and scheduled to go home on January 25....so there I was from 8 am on the phone for a little over an hour on the but on the way back to the airport, but I was able to get the cruise I wanted. I'm really excited about the itinerary as we never did the Med before and can't wait....This year we are going to Hawaii and in September going to New England, so that should keep me happy! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Airfare should be MUCH cheaper if you fly into Seattle to do the Alaska trip - bet you will save $2,500 for 3 of you on airfare alone. Although there are all the fun add-ons for Alaska - whale watching, flightseeing, etc., etc.

Jodie

We're flying into Seattle for our Alaskan cruise (on HAL) in May -- and taking the Amtrak train to Vancouver round trip. We saved over $1,000 doing it that way.

Does Grand Cayman count as a "distant foreign port" for the PSVA? That's the only non-Mexico port I see in the 12/9/12 sailing. The Westbound in May 2013 has Cartagena to satisfy the requirement.

I noticed that the Wonder's listings stop with the AK cruise terminating on 9/9/2013. That would line up with the dates we saw earlier implying 2 one-way cruises between YVR and HNL.
When I saw the original December 2012 Panama Canal itinerary, I knew there would be a change, because there was no distant foreign port. Now the ship is going to Cartagena, Colombia, as is the May 2013 PC cruise.

I am holding out for what I think will be a September 9-19, 2013 Vancouver to Honolulu cruise.
That is pricey!!!! It looks like they significantly reduced the number of cruises which will drive the prices up up up. 12 night starting at 2400 is almost what I paid for my entire cabin in 2010 for 3 people. I paid about 4500 for a veranda cabin in 2011.

The 12-night Med cruises aren't cheap, but they're a LOT less expensive than the 12-night Baltic cruises in 2010 that started out ~ $1000 more per person.

I was at WDW when the 2013 itineraries were released. I think the Panama Canal and eastbound Transatlantic itineraries are downright boring. The Med itineraries are nice, but I am cruising out of Venice this May, and I wouldn't want to go to Greece and Turkey during the summer.

I ended up booking Alaska for July. So excited! I wanted a verandah but booked an ocean view instead due to the price. Was disappointed about that at first but I'm over it. I'm debating whether to book an inside to save even more $$. I would love to do one of the Hawaii trips but doubt they will fall during fall or Christmas school break. Maybe Disney will put out some shorter trips for the end of 2012 on the west coast! One can dream. :goodvibes

I ended up booking Alaska for July. So excited! I wanted a verandah but booked an ocean view instead due to the price. Was disappointed about that at first but I'm over it. I'm debating whether to book an inside to save even more $$. I would love to do one of the Hawaii trips but doubt they will fall during fall or Christmas school break. Maybe Disney will put out some shorter trips for the end of 2012 on the west coast! One can dream. :goodvibes

I ended up booking Alaska for July. So excited! I wanted a verandah but booked an ocea2013n view instead due to the price. Was disappointed about that at first but I'm over it. I'm debating whether to book an inside to save even more $$. I would love to do one of the Hawaii trips but doubt they will fall during fall or Christmas school break. Maybe Disney will put out some shorter trips for the end of 2012 on the west coast! One can dream. :goodvibes

Do you mean 2013? I think DCL is now finished with 2012.

I have cruised to Alaska 4 times and never had a balcony. I'm glad they are sailing out of Vancouver again in 2013, as the port times are better than in 2012. For those who really want to see Victoria, spend a day or two there before or after the cruise.

The 12-night Med cruises aren't cheap, but they're a LOT less expensive than the 12-night Baltic cruises in 2010 that started out ~ $1000 more per person.

I was at WDW when the 2013 itineraries were released. I think the Panama Canal and eastbound Transatlantic itineraries are downright boring. The Med itineraries are nice, but I am cruising out of Venice this May, and I wouldn't want to go to Greece and Turkey during the summer.

So true!! The price we paid for the Baltics was a lot higher than the 12-nt. Meds.

But, I'm still wondering why they are based in Barcelona - a long term contract or something? It really prevents them from doing Venice & Greece in one cruise this way. My favorite itinerary ever was from Istanbul to Venice - I think they would sell that in a second!!

So true!! The price we paid for the Baltics was a lot higher than the 12-nt. Meds.

But, I'm still wondering why they are based in Barcelona - a long term contract or something? It really prevents them from doing Venice & Greece in one cruise this way. My favorite itinerary ever was from Istanbul to Venice - I think they would sell that in a second!!

I think DCL probably wants to stick with roundtrip cruises whenever possible, as it makes airfare easier (and sometimes less expensive) to book. DCL is also very familiar with Barcelona, and there are a lot of flight options there. We're flying from Venice after a cruise in May, and the airline options are considerably less than out of a major cruise port like Barcelona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!