2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited to be coming back to Beach/Yacht Club. Stayed at Beach Club a month or so ago - booked at Yacht Club this time around. Taking a friend's daughter on this trip. She hasn't been since she was very young - so it's going to be like seeing Disney World for the first time, for her (and the rest of the family).....can't wait!!!!!!!!

;)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Can't wait to hear what you think about your stay at the Friendly Sister Resort (formerly known as "the dark side" ;) )

So glad you will get your dream stay at the Beach Club. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

I'll come back in a minute and post a link from the Marketplace thread- there was recently a blog post and it gave some info that may be helpful to you.

ETA: Here you go

Review of the Beach Club Marketplace from the The Disney Food Blog
If you go to the end of the review, there is information about ingredients in the baked good and links to resources within Disney for families with food allergies or special dietary needs.

Thanks a bunch for the help and info!

Dee thanks for that menu. Gonna try while we'r there! Looks delicious!!!

Kayla's surgery is scheduled for 5/31. The surgeon was booked out through the middle of July but had had a cancellation on 5/31/13 :cool1:

So here's our schedule for the next few weeks :scared1:

5/15 Pre Surg Appt.
5/17-26 Disney World & the Beach Club & AKV pixiedust:
5/31 Surgery
6/3 (Mom launch of day 1 of account quadrupling in size!!! :scared1:

False alarm!!! Beach club popped up :) we are still there aug 20-30 with a 15 year old going for th first time!! Now to snag that Be Our Guest reservation!

Kayla's surgery is scheduled for 5/31. The surgeon was booked out through the middle of July but had had a cancellation on 5/31/13 :cool1:

5/15 Pre Surg Appt.
5/31 Surgery

You look as busy as Dee!!!

Dee, thanks for posting the menus!! And thanks to Hunclemarco for snagging them...you are making my very picky son (who is less than thrilled with BCM's offerings) very happy!! Which makes for a happy mom when I am trying to relax at SAB!! THANKS!!!:banana:

Leaving in 5 more sleeps....Can't wait !!!!!!!!
Two Quickies, how do i get the movie/entertainment schedule(activities) for the Beach Club Next week ?
Also , does anyone know what the Limited Time Magic schedule is for next week ?
Love all you guys and gals , and love this Board !!!
Loving pretty much everything , being this close to The Mouse :cool1:
Tim

5 more sleeps for us too!!!! Cannot wait. :cool1:

We are here! Waiting on our room to get ready. We ate lunch at Hurricane Hannah's and watched all the baby ducks. Looks like a private event on the beach tonight. Excited to get settled and into Epcot

Hi everyone! Wondering if BC is ever included in a FD promo. If so. What room type? Coming in oct.

Would love to be CL but need FD or dsct for that.

Thanks

We are here! Waiting on our room to get ready. We ate lunch at Hurricane Hannah's and watched all the baby ducks. Looks like a private event on the beach tonight. Excited to get settled and into Epcot

Make sure you let us know how it all goes...I live for these "we are there now" reports!!!!

OOPS! Posted in wrong place.

:lmao: :rotfl2::lmao:

~NM

PS> Welcome to all the newbies freshly joining this thread! :yay:

Here is the best tip ever..

Read the first two pages of the thread. Most of your questions will be answered without you having to read through all 19 gillion pages. PLUS you will find the answers to questions you didn't even know you had! :thumbsup2

If you don't see the answer there then by all means come on down and post to the thread. Even if it is a question that has been asked a million times before we will be happy to help you. PLUS you get to join in on or way too fun group. Just you wait... you will be assimilated into the club of Beach Club/Yacht Club and Beach Club Villas lovers that hang out here! :welcome:

So excited for our trip in two days! Anyone have any reviews of Periwigs? Some of the ladies might want a little color touchup/highlighting.

Search this thread for Periwigs. I think someone asked this recently, and a few people had comments (paraphrasing- great services but expensive). Pretty sure it was this thread, if not, then the previous one.

:magnify:

Hi Dee we have booked for 2014 - July 4 to July 17! We are staying in BC GV after a mini family reunion in New York City for 5 days.

Wow this thread has moved so quick thank you so much to everyone who took the time to give me advice regarding internal flights from NY to MCO.

Got it!!! I'll update the info on the list.

:goodvibes

Oh my gosh.....I fell like I should be posting in the Resort Changers Saga thread. Good news! Rooms became available at BC for my entire party (three rooms)! We are now staying BC CL! I'm doing the Happy Dance!!!!!! Can you tell I'm thrilled!

Maybe next time we will stay at the "dark side". I was getting kind of nervous about having everyone stay at the Yacht Club because my five-year-old twin nephews will be joining us and rambunctious isn't a strong enough word to describe them. I was worried that they would disturb the patrons with their antics. So now I apologize to the fine patrons of the BC.....Hurricane Jack and Owen will be at the BC in July!

Dee, if you don't want to change the BoG list, I completely understand!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:woohoo:

So happy for you!

No problem changing the list (but I almost missed this post!) :scared1:

These summer discounts are killing me! Makes me want to book a basic trip this summer regardless of our family trip next year. I told my husband last night that I couldn't believe I was missing Disney this year and his comment was "it's only May!" Lol!!

Give in to the temptation...

July 13-20 sounds good

or the DIS meet on July 6.

;)

I just got back from our vacation a week ago, and like you, everytime i see a new incentive, i'm checking the numbers to see if we're able to make an end of year trip.
This time next year, we'll just be getting off the Dream 4 day cruise and heading to Disney, but it's not soon enough for me!:rotfl2:

Your ears must have been burning!!!

:welcome: back from your trip.

BTW- just posted the Flat Ben pictures on his thread.

Can't remember if I have posted this one here yet.

At the Beach Club- our favorite greeter!

If anyone wants to see more Flat Ben pictures, click on the link in my signature.

We booked yacht club club level about a week ago for Labor Day weekend aug 29-sept 2.. So excited! It's our first time at club level- Any tips!?

:cool1:

Leaving in 5 more sleeps....Can't wait !!!!!!!!
Two Quickies, how do i get the movie/entertainment schedule(activities) for the Beach Club Next week ?
Also , does anyone know what the Limited Time Magic schedule is for next week ?
Love all you guys and gals , and love this Board !!!
Loving pretty much everything , being this close to The Mouse :cool1:
Tim

Have a great trip. As ocalla pointed out, the activities schedule for May is posted on Page 1 (Post 4, Resort Activities)

:thumbsup2

So excited to be coming back to Beach/Yacht Club. Stayed at Beach Club a month or so ago - booked at Yacht Club this time around. Taking a friend's daughter on this trip. She hasn't been since she was very young - so it's going to be like seeing Disney World for the first time, for her (and the rest of the family).....can't wait!!!!!!!!

:yay:

5/15 Pre Surg Appt.
5/31 Surgery

Good luck with that upcoming schedule!

False alarm!!! Beach club popped up :) we are still there aug 20-30 with a 15 year old going for th first time!! Now to snag that Be Our Guest reservation!

Hooray!!! :cool1:

I had you on the guest list, but no resort, so I'll add the BC to your listing.

Hi everyone! Wondering if BC is ever included in a FD promo. If so. What room type? Coming in oct.

Would love to be CL but need FD or dsct for that.

Thanks

I think so. Do others agree? But I think for the Deluxe resorts, a 30% room only can be a better discount than free dining, especially CL. Again, not positive about this so looking for other opinions.

Wow, Ninja, that's the largest font I think I've ever seen! (And I second that tip!)

A quick question...
Two years ago we found the bumps at the seams on the slide in SAB to be too rough (actually down right painful...). Is that still the case? We enjoyed the rest of SAB, just not the slide.

etail, in January of this year, our three boys commented that they didn't feel the seams on the slide as much. It was a big issue for many years, but they report that it's been resolved. I'm not a fan of enclosed slides, so I rarely brave the jib slide and can't verify, but they insist it's better! :)

These summer discounts are killing me! Makes me want to book a basic trip this summer regardless of our family trip next year. I told my husband last night that I couldn't believe I was missing Disney this year and his comment was "it's only May!" Lol!!

Wow, YCFAN, I'm with you! After a few years of APs and multiple visits per year, it looks like we really are taking that break my husband asks for! It's been less than four months since our last trip, and I'm missing it too. Hard to wait for our next WDW trip January 2015, even though we have lots of fun travel plans between now and then (lots of California beach time, Europe, other Florida plans, etc.) But I still map out imaginary WDW trips regularly! :) An imaginary trip for this summer is at the top of my list!

Enjoy! Love hearing live reports!!! :)

MOVING DAY

250 Pages! This whole discount release today has thrown off my timing and it is moving day already!!!

So pick a moving buddy and mosey along to the new thread (sorry gals, I pick Tom Collins)

oin the fun over on this thread:

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Fun & Friends ~~~May 2013 ~~~

If you have an outstanding question, feel free to bump it to the new thread. I'll move over a few posts later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Don't forget to subscribe to the new thread and change the link if you are linking to this thread in your signature.

See you on the other side!

DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!