2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I've been away for a few days and bit do I have slit to catch up on!!

Just want to say, yes, Scott, I'm smiling. :). And I always remember there being a light in the lighthouse.

Happy Birthday, Teena!!!!

I hate to interrupt Teena's birthday party, and I hate to be OT, but can I ask for a few thoughts/prayers/crossed fingers?
Our 8yo male cat, Henry (who I believe posed on the bed for NinjaMom a few months ago), was diagnosed with diabetes on Friday, which while upsetting, we figured was manageable. You give him the insulin, the special diet, and off you go.
Well, overnight, he took a turn, and we took him to the emergency vet hospital, thinking he might need an IV or something. Turns out, his blood sugar has surged off the charts, his blood has turned acidic, anemic, and his RBC count is dropping, and his kidney numbers are "beyond what our tests can measure."
Suffice to say, he'll be spending Christmas in the hospital, and who knows what will come of all this.
This is not what I expected this Christmas to be like.
Hug your pets tonight. :worried:

I hate to interrupt Teena's birthday party, and I hate to be OT, but can I ask for a few thoughts/prayers/crossed fingers?
Our 8yo male cat, Henry (who I believe posed on the bed for NinjaMom a few months ago), was diagnosed with diabetes on Friday, which while upsetting, we figured was manageable. You give him the insulin, the special diet, and off you go.
Well, overnight, he took a turn, and we took him to the emergency vet hospital, thinking he might need an IV or something. Turns out, his blood sugar has surged off the charts, his blood has turned acidic, anemic, and his RBC count is dropping, and his kidney numbers are "beyond what our tests can measure."
Suffice to say, he'll be spending Christmas in the hospital, and who knows what will come of all this.

I hope Henry feels better fast! Our dog is suffering from a bout of Lyme disease but the antibiotics finally kicked in and he turned a corner tonight. I know how it hurts you in your heart when pets or people are under the weather and you feel so powerless to help. Here is some good Karma for Henry:

Happy-cat.jpg

HUGS!!!
~NM

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Oh Scott, I'm so sorry about Henry. I wish I could figure out a way to get Tinkerbell to spread some magical pixie dust on him. I wish I was closer to give you a big hug. Just know I'm thinking of you and will be praying big time for Henry. So sorry!!!!!!!

Well first I will say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEENA:cool1::dance3::woohoo:

Second - Scott I can commiserate. I am actually a Type 1 diabetic. The 1st month is the hardest and then once they figure out insulin an d meal schedules things should settle down. When I was diagnosed I was in the hospital for 10 days. 20 years later I am a very healthy diabetic so please have hope:thumbsup2

Ahh the only time that I must can suck is waking up at 4 AM, but I start my day with 27 degree weather , I will end in Orlando with 80 degree weather, Teena I will see you this afternoon, and say Happy Birthday in person

Question for you seasoned CL stayers....I just got a second "standard welcome" email from the CL concierge? I got one a few weeks ago and provided all the info they asked for. Do I need to reply again? Nothing has changed?

Question for you seasoned CL stayers....I just got a second "standard welcome" email from the CL concierge? I got one a few weeks ago and provided all the info they asked for. Do I need to reply again? Nothing has changed?

I don't know if this is common or not, but to be on the safe side, can you forward your previous reply and just say thanks for checking with you again, want to make sure you received this info.

Are you asking them to book any reservations or do you have any particular room requests?

Scott- I am so sorry to hear about Henry. Our furry friends are such an important part of our families. I'll be sending positive thoughts for his recovery and Monster and Oreo have their paws crossed for him.

:grouphug:

I don't know if this is common or not, but to be on the safe side, can you forward your previous reply and just say thanks for checking with you again, want to make sure you received this info.

Are you asking them to book any reservations or do you have any particular room requests?

Nope. Not asking them to do anything. We are eating OOP and I have made the 3 rezzies the fam wanted, so other than that, it's go with the flow. Only room request made was for 2 queens and a daybed (which isn't even a real deal breaker). I think I will just forward my previous reply. Thanks.

Scott, thinking of your Henry this morning! Hope he turns the corner quickly and all is well soon! Our pets are so important to us!

Ninja Mom, Hoping your doggie continues to improve!!

~N

We can' wait to be back, this will be our first time staying in the Villas. We are booked May 18-25, 2014 to celebrate two birthdays and our 10 year anniversary.

Well since we are into the map thing I thought a helpful demographic on just exactly what we were doing on this last trip might be 'helpful' to our devoted readership.... all 3 of them....

11443426744_5801398e69_c.jpg

Now keep in mind this is just one park and we were hopping the whole trip.... literally and figuratively.

Of course no trip to the ladies room would be complete with out our roving friend Buzzy the Fly, who cannot resist a good dump, even if it's not his.

11443512156_474254e9e6_z.jpg

~NM
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I have the choice between a pool view or a garden view room. The price difference is about $250 for the whole stay. This is during the marathon. Is the pool view worth it?

I had the pleasure of seeing Teena today and I didn't even realize it had just been her birthday.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TEENA!!!!

It was so fun to surprise you with a visit!!! :love:

Amanda

Sorry I am late hoping on the Teena Happy Birthday Bandwagon but Teena..party::bday::cake::cake:
Happy Birthday to the most awesome Beach Club castmember!

Just wanted to say that we finished our Beach Club resort survey and I put in my two cents about the unworking magic bands we had. Frustrating the whole trip with the plus/fastpass stuff.

Also put our two cents in about the new adr systems for Beaches and Cream. Big thumbs down for us. I did say I wish BC/YC resort guests would get some kind of priority especially with the small seating area etc.

Wishing those who celebrate a blessed and joyous Christmas.

Just wanted to say that we finished our Beach Club resort survey and I put in my two cents about the unworking magic bands we had. Frustrating the whole trip with the plus/fastpass stuff.

Also put our two cents in about the new adr systems for Beaches and Cream. Big thumbs down for us. I did say I wish BC/YC resort guests would get some kind of priority especially with the small seating area etc.

Wishing those who celebrate a blessed and joyous Christmas.

I call them the "unmagical bands" when those darn things act up. When they work, they are wonderful. When they don't, very unmagical for sure. But I really appreciate all of you that are helping us with the testing. Hopefully they will not go "live" until they work out all the bugs and the only way to work them out is to actually experience all the things that can go wrong. We are very thankful for you and the other guests that actually test them and it is also very helpful when you do the survey and leave your comments ... good and bad!! I totally agree with you on Beaches and Cream. I think they should take away half of the arcade and enlarge B&C if they insist on ADR there. JMO.

I had the pleasure of seeing Teena today and I didn't even realize it had just been her birthday.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TEENA!!!!

It was so fun to surprise you with a visit!!! :love:

Amanda

It was the best surprise ever!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter