2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry .. I normally work Mondays and would have been happy to take care of the problems. I'm having big time trouble with my heel spur and the ten hour days on the tile floor isn't helping so I'm talking off a few Mondays here and there to give my heel more time off. Plus my doctor got back my 6 month blood test results a few days ago and said she didn't like the kidney numbers ... she thinks it's because I take so many pain meds on the days I work because of the heel. Since I only take pain meds on the days I work, I figured taking off a Monday here and there gives me one less day of having to take pain meds. I HATE GETTING OLD AND HAVING ALL THESE AILMENTS!!!

I'm so sorry you had the room location problems AND then the other problems in your room. I really feel bad I wasn't there to help.

I sure wish they would let you greet from a scooter. How nice would that be for you and how good for your feet. I remember few years back your having same heel issue. I assume you have done the cortisone shots, etc. Hope you feel better!

Wow. I've just drained the battery on my phone this morning reading the entire thread. There's a lot of great information in here!

I'm so excited to bring my family to Disney next year for our second trip, and it sounds like I've picked the best resort for us. We're two parents who love food, which is why Epcot is so important to us, and two little girls who will be celebrating their golden birthday at Disney at a resort with a mini water park!

I've been lurking here for a while, but felt compelled to post because of this awesome little community you have all created. I've seen your posts, shared your memories, read into your deeply personal triumphs and tragedies, and although I know none of you, I feel somewhat connected to all of you.

This past year has been trying for my family, with our only bright spot being a week at AKL - Jambo House back in May. There has been a lot of loss in our lives this year, and I'm hoping to move forward with a trip to Beach Club next May. Maybe I'll see one of you at Hurricane Hanna's sipping a Sunken Treasure.

:welcome:

We are all a friendly bunch and Dee does an amazing job with this thread! As for Sunken Treasures, I, for one, plan to be parked poolside enjoying one (or two) on Sunday :)

Hope you love the BC as much as we all do and many wishes to you and your family for brighter days ahead.

I sure wish they would let you greet from a scooter. How nice would that be for you and how good for your feet. I remember few years back your having same heel issue. I assume you have done the cortisone shots, etc. Hope you feel better!

Yep, had the shots. Maybe can get another one in December the doctor said.

As far as scooter, I asked once before and they said no. However, if I got to the point where I had to use a scooter all the time, I'd push it ... can't see how they could legally not allow it.

Wow. I've just drained the battery on my phone this morning reading the entire thread. There's a lot of great information in here!

I'm so excited to bring my family to Disney next year for our second trip, and it sounds like I've picked the best resort for us. We're two parents who love food, which is why Epcot is so important to us, and two little girls who will be celebrating their golden birthday at Disney at a resort with a mini water park!

I've been lurking here for a while, but felt compelled to post because of this awesome little community you have all created. I've seen your posts, shared your memories, read into your deeply personal triumphs and tragedies, and although I know none of you, I feel somewhat connected to all of you.

This past year has been trying for my family, with our only bright spot being a week at AKL - Jambo House back in May. There has been a lot of loss in our lives this year, and I'm hoping to move forward with a trip to Beach Club next May. Maybe I'll see one of you at Hurricane Hanna's sipping a Sunken Treasure.

Hey!!! Welcome out of lurkhood! :-). This is a great thread with so many knowledgeable people. Sounds like you have a great trip planned! :-)

Wooohoooo!!! I just received a phone call from Amanda at Disney... Amanda was calling to tell me the Dolphins in Depth Tour that I had booked for 11/1/13 that was cancelled is now NOT CANCELLED!!! Yay!! So I am now rebooked on the 11/1/13 tour AND received a great discount!!! Soooooo happy!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Had to share!
~N

Oh yeah!!!!

:welcome:

We are all a friendly bunch and Dee does an amazing job with this thread! As for Sunken Treasures, I, for one, plan to be parked poolside enjoying one (or two) on Sunday :)

Hope you love the BC as much as we all do and many wishes to you and your family for brighter days ahead.

Mommyrosa, I will be enjoying one on Sunday as well. I will look for people with green drinks. Lol :-)

As far as scooter, I asked once before and they said no. However, if I got to the point where I had to use a scooter all the time, I'd push it ... can't see how they could legally not allow it.

Especially since Disney does SOOO much for folks with these type issues!

Hang in there lady. Your smile is what everyone looks for. And it would be just as heartwarming standing or sitting! ;)

I was going to ask when you were going to MNSSHP... I opted for the day after Halloween, so I'll be there on November 1. I figured Halloween night would be crowded and well I heard it's sold out on 10/31!! I bet you have a great time that night though!!

~N

Nanette- I'm so excited about MNSSHP on Halloween night! pixiedust: DH & talked about the Tuesday or Friday one, but decided that when else would we be able to say we went to MK on Halloween! We knew it would be the busiest day, but were fine with that We have our tickets! Are you dressing up?

Welcome aboard! :flower3: This is a great thread & Dees amazing with keeping it up! You will a great time at BC.

My daughter is a mermaid. My 2 sons, husband & I are pirates. We are going to MNSSHP on 10/20.

I'm liking this idea! pirate: These costumes go together so well! Is your daughter Ariel or a general mermaid? Post a pic when you get back!

Wooohoooo!!! I just received a phone call from Amanda at Disney... Amanda was calling to tell me the Dolphins in Depth Tour that I had booked for 11/1/13 that was cancelled is now NOT CANCELLED!!! Yay!! So I am now rebooked on the 11/1/13 tour AND received a great discount!!! Soooooo happy!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Had to share!
~N

This is spectacular news! :cheer2: That's so cool that they gave you a discount too!

If anyone is at Beachclub, would there be a way to confirm they still sell umbrella strollers at marketplace and what the price tag looks like. We have a DD with petite legs that wear out quickly. The goal is to hit the parks this year without a stroller, but wondered if the marketplace was a good backup plan for our DD's needs.

Thanks for the help
Mike

Yep, had the shots. Maybe can get another one in December the doctor said.

Feel better Teena. You need to be able to explore Hawaii to its fullest.

Howdy everyone! Been a little while since I stopped by. Hope things are well for all the BC'ers. Teena, sorry you are not feeling well. Hope that improves. You add so much to the soul of the resort.
Work has been tough so when I feel overwhelmed I just look back at my August stay pics on my phone

Hope to get back soon. Might not until 2015 though

If anyone is at Beachclub, would there be a way to confirm they still sell umbrella strollers at marketplace and what the price tag looks like. We have a DD with petite legs that wear out quickly. The goal is to hit the parks this year without a stroller, but wondered if the marketplace was a good backup plan for our DD's needs.

Thanks for the help
Mike

The CL purchased two umbrella strollers for us in mid September at the marketplace. The total for two was $117, so that makes each one a little less than $60.00

mkejdo said:

Welcome! It sounds as if you are celebrating at Beach Club for many good reasons. I know the vacation will be phenomenal for you all. :goodvibes

nannette said:

Had to share!
~N

Squeeeeeeeeee! How wonderful!

Had to share!
~N

I am sooooo happy for you. I know you were disappointed when it was cancelled.... on a much smaller note. DH and I just booked a wine seminar for food and wine :cool1:
Mommyrosa, I will be enjoying one on Sunday as well. I will look for people with green drinks. Lol :-)

Just saw you only have 5 days:dance3: Have fun
Howdy everyone! Been a little while since I stopped by. Hope things are well for all the BC'ers. Teena, sorry you are not feeling well. Hope that improves. You add so much to the soul of the resort.
Work has been tough so when I feel overwhelmed I just look back at my August stay pics on my phone

Hope to get back soon. Might not until 2015 though

Good to hear from you again. I know what you mean about work. I have been so busy, Sept and Oct are just flying by

Thanks Couchy! So excited. Why is it soooooo busy those last days before a vacation. Lol

Just dropped off 250 donuts holes for 8th graders. Now on to the next thing on list. Lol

My wife got a postcard/multi-page folded color pamphlet from disney yesterday that she was about to throw out (without even opening it), but decided she would ask me first. It turns out it had 2 pins, one for fd thru end of march, and another for 35 percent off for most dates thru 9/29. The printing of pamphlet itself thanked her for last year's stay at bc, and welcomed her back to try bc again or another resort, and also included a special disney webpage where she could see more details. Ironic b/c we were having a conversation a few weeks ago, and I (RESIDENT DISNEY PERSON OF OUR HOUSE) referred to a pin, and she was quizzzing me on what I was even talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter