2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee , when you get a chance please add me to the BOG list for the end of June and the beginning of July much appreciated . Made my reservations from the resort before I checked out . No bounce back offer for that time frame but I enjoy this time of year . 15 Days can not wait . Hope I do not get displaced by the upcoming renovations . I heard they probably will not start until mid to late Spring

The Laundry room at the beach club by the quiet pool now has 3 brand new GE commercial washers and 1 triple loader plus 8 new dryers . I know the subject comes up often .

This was the View from my room 5701

bth_20130930_153015_zpsbcf71375.jpg

bth_20130930_124323_zpsad147836.jpg

Dee , when you get a chance please add me to the BOG list for the end of June and the beginning of July much appreciated . Made my reservations from the resort before I checked out . No bounce back offer for that time frame but I enjoy this time of year . 15 Days can not wait . Hope I do not get displaced by the upcoming renovations . I heard they probably will not start until mid to late Spring The Laundry room at the beach club by the quiet pool now has 3 brand new GE commercial washers and 1 triple loader plus 8 new dryers . I know the subject comes up often . This was the View from my room 5701

Sorry I can't find info anywhere, what type of renovations are planned?

Thanks

Sure! Feel free. I loved those comparisons too. It really helped me a lot.

Thanks so much!

:goodvibes

I keep reading about construction at the BC now. Am I going crazy? Our dates are March 3-7.

Thanks

We have heard that renovations to the club level lounge and rooms will start sometime in 2014, but we have not heard a firm start date.

If the work goes according to previous renovations, the first thing will be the club lounge expansion (lounge will be moved to the Presidential Suite during that time), then rooms on the 5th floor will be done, then the work will continue to the 4th floor and so on.

Disney does their very best not to inconvenience guest during the rehab phase- they will take blocks of rooms out of inventory while the work is being done on those sections.

Once I have some firm info as far as a start date is concerned, I will let you all know.

:)

Sorry I can't find info anywhere, what type of renovations are planned?

Thanks

The carpeting and some of the furniture in the BC hallways need to be replaced.

A "soft-rehab" on the BC Rooms. I am not sure exactly what that means. Linens? Curtains? Not sure about TV/mattresses/furniture. Paint Job?

Dee , when you get a chance please add me to the BOG list for the end of June and the beginning of July much appreciated . Made my reservations from the resort before I checked out . No bounce back offer for that time frame but I enjoy this time of year . 15 Days can not wait . Hope I do not get displaced by the upcoming renovations . I heard they probably will not start until mid to late Spring

The Laundry room at the beach club by the quiet pool now has 3 brand new GE commercial washers and 1 triple loader plus 8 new dryers . I know the subject comes up often .

This was the View from my room 5701

bth_20130930_153015_zpsbcf71375.jpg

bth_20130930_124323_zpsad147836.jpg

:welcome: back!!!

I'm so glad to be adding you back onto the list so soon.

:woohoo:

Thanks for the info and the pictures of the view from your room. That was similar to our view in 5709.

I keep reading about construction at the BC now. Am I going crazy? Our dates are March 3-7.

Thanks

It is my understanding that the construction will NOT start until late spring at the earliest so you should be safe and besides they are going to do one floor at a time and there will be minimal disruption for the guest . Disney does a very good job at doing things behind scenes . Enjoy you vacation :beach:

Sounds like the laundry room is greatly improved!!!

We just made our summer Disney reservations.
July 19-26 GF TPV.

It seems strange not staying BC/YC but we wanted to take a little
break while they do the renovations.

We are still deciding whether to do Universal during the summer trip or
go during Easter break. Since DH is a CPA we rarely have the opportunity
to go ANYWHERE during our school's Easter break. But since this is one of
the few times Easter falls AFTER April 15 I think we might take advantage
of it.

I booked HRH for both weeks and we will make a final decision in the next
few weeks. Also have to decide where we will stay the first night (July 18) since we are driving and won't gt there till late afternoon. After Disney we're Hilton Head/Savannah bound!

Natebenma and dandydad12-

Thank you I feel better now!

You are Welcome .
As Dee pointed out they will be starting on the fifth floor and working their way down to the first floor . This is a very big undertaking so it will take some time to complete once they start . So relax and Disney will take care of you that I can say without a doubt . When you get to the SAB tell Rocky I said hello she is the greatest and will take care of all your needs and can make great suggestions for food and drink ;)

Pinkgirl said:
So, you could book an additional room for two "friends" who don't join you. You've paid your money so surely they can't complain.

Thanks for suggestion - I now also saw another possible solution - these so-called "deluxe" rooms. What exactly are they? How many baths (1, 1.5 or 2?) How are the beds laid out? Is one a sleeper sofa, and if so, will my wife and I regret using it and giving the moms the 2 queens? Thanks!

Sounds like the laundry room is greatly improved!!! We just made our summer Disney reservations. July 19-26 GF TPV. It seems strange not staying BC/YC but we wanted to take a little break while they do the renovations. We are still deciding whether to do Universal during the summer trip or go during Easter break. Since DH is a CPA we rarely have the opportunity to go ANYWHERE during our school's Easter break. But since this is one of the few times Easter falls AFTER April 15 I think we might take advantage of it. I booked HRH for both weeks and we will make a final decision in the next few weeks. Also have to decide where we will stay the first night (July 18) since we are driving and won't gt there till late afternoon. After Disney we're Hilton Head/Savannah bound!

Hmmmm, isn't that a coincidence! We'll be at Disney the same time next year! ;)
We're starting at CR on the 18th so we'll be across the lake from you in the beginning. Moving to YC on the 21st.

Yes you may link my report natebenma :) I had a night picture of the view, but it came out blurry.

Hmmmm, isn't that a coincidence! We'll be at Disney the same time next year! ;)
We're starting at CR on the 18th so we'll be across the lake from you in the beginning. Moving to YC on the 21st.

I'll wave at your across the lake!

Here's something funny - we went back and forth about booking either GF or CR. Thought about the Poly but way too much construction this year. Are you planning on Narcoossee's when you are at CR - maybe you'll see me stalking you again!

I'll wave at your across the lake! Here's something funny - we went back and forth about booking either GF or CR. Thought about the Poly but way too much construction this year. Are you planning on Narcoossee's when you are at CR - maybe you'll see me stalking you again!

Lol!! I'd actually enjoy "running into you" again but no, not this time. We will be at California Grill while there and are doing HDDR and BOG during that leg of the trip. Coming back to the area later in the week for O'hana and doing the Grand One later that week too. With our same tastes in restaurants I would not be surprised to end up seated next to each other as we have done several times in the past!! Haha.

We'll definitely be seeing each other that week. ;

Lol!! I'd actually enjoy "running into you" again but no, not this time. We will be at California Grill while there and are doing HDDR and BOG during that leg of the trip. Coming back to the area later in the week for O'hana and doing the Grand One later that week too. With our same tastes in restaurants I would not be surprised to end up seated next to each other as we have done several times in the past!! Haha.

We'll definitely be seeing each other that week. ;

You may run into me! We are planning on doing BOG and California Grill - can't wait to see you! We do have the same taste in restaurants - so far we've run into you at Narcoossee's (the infamous run-in), California Grill and Sci-fi!!

Thanks for adding me for Jan. Our dates are Jan 18-26. It is going to take a LONG time to catch up on this thread; what am enormous amount of detailed information!

Monday can't come soon enough. I'm sitting here at work on break just counting the hours down! Haven't packed the first thing yet & have an 8 hour shift tm. All I can think about is relaxing at SAB with a sunken treasure! First trip to BC - celebrating one year cancer free!!

Monday can't come soon enough. I'm sitting here at work on break just counting the hours down! Haven't packed the first thing yet & have an 8 hour shift tm. All I can think about is relaxing at SAB with a sunken treasure! First trip to BC - celebrating one year cancer free!!

Congratulations on your one year. Enjoy your holidays x

Congratulations! You have a great reason to celebrate. :cheer2:

I often don't pack until the night before a trip. I think it comes from having a cat who would get all upset when he saw suitcases out. ;)

Definitely worth celebrating!!!! Congrats!!!! :cool1:

I am sitting here on our last night at BC. Insert sad face:(. It has been a fabulous week here. I wish I had realized my last chat with Teena was my "last" chat with her so "bye Teena!!" PS Devon and Matt have been talking about you all week!! It was lovely to meet you!! Everyone on this thread has been so helpful! The pool here us awesome and my whole family had a blast. Proximity to EPCOT and HS can't be beat! We don't want to leave!! MB and FP+ worked flawlessly and made for no waits for rides. And we did Everything!!!! Concerts at F & W rocked!! I will leave you all with this picture while I spend my last day in AK!!!

Thanks again everyone!!! This is my daughter with Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray. She has no fear and got this pic mid-song!!!

Sue, so glad you have had a great trip!!!!!

Congrats! What an awesome reason to celebrate! :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter