2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time tomorrow we will be half way through our 9 hour flight to sunny Orlando. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hey guys :) :wave2::wave2::wave2:

Checking in from the BC , I thought a bunch of other people from the DIS were supposed to be down here??? If anyone sees me walking around please say hello! :hug: :grouphug:

Hi Everyone! This is my very first post!!! I've been to Disney many times and am a long-time lurker of the disboards. We live in CT and my husband is a CM. Since we don't live in FL we feel more like visitors than CMs when we visit the parks.

I wish I could offer some advice about room views but we are heading down for our first ever trip to the BC so I'm clueless!

What I do want to know, however, is how your husband can be a CM and live in CT?!?! I live in NH and want to work for Disney but can not stomach the bugs, snakes, and heat of Florida!

Please share!! :cheer2:

Hey guys :) :wave2::wave2::wave2:

Checking in from the BC , I thought a bunch of other people from the DIS were supposed to be down here??? If anyone sees me walking around please say hello! :hug: :grouphug:

If you just stay 15 more days, I'd be glad to stop by and say hi! :cool1:

To the World in 80 Days!

Pinkgirl: Have a fabulous trip and congrats on the wedding! Hope you'll be kind enough to share some photos after.

I wish I could offer some advice about room views but we are heading down for our first ever trip to the BC so I'm clueless!

What I do want to know, however, is how your husband can be a CM and live in CT?!?! I live in NH and want to work for Disney but can not stomach the bugs, snakes, and heat of Florida!

Please share!! :cheer2:
My husband works at ESPN which is owned by Disney

My husband works at ESPN which is owned by Disney

That would be my DH's dream job! Unfortunately, I categorize his immense sports knowledge as useless information. Now if he could put it to good use, I'd be a happy camper. :)

Any thoughts?

I used garden grocery on our last trip. I thought their service and items were great. I also have shipped boxes to myself at the resort. With airlines watching luggage weight so close this is what I am going to do this year. I put in the box things for breakfast in the room, instant oatmeal, cerel, snacks ect. Make sure to put HOLD FOR ****** FAMILY name and date of arrival on the box. When your at check-in ask for it. Works great for us. :)

Angel16

:cool2:As one of the resident 'Doods' on this board I do think this waaaaay cool.:cool2:

Not a "Dood", but I agree. I am huge sports fan and I always remind hubby how lucky he is to be married to me because I am just as big a fan, if not bigger fan, than he is. My mother used to tell me that I shouldn't let guys know that I knew so much about sports because it intimidates them. I said "too bad. If they can't handle it, I wouldn't want to be with them anyway."

I have a couple questions about the YC, we are thinking about switching resorts for our upcoming trip and I don't know much about the YC.

The only thing available for our dates is a Water/Pool view, are there rooms in this category that are pretty centrally located? Close to the pool, the lobby/bus stop or boat dock, etc. I don't want to book a room then realize we have a crazy long walk to get everywhere at the resort. The resort seems huge so it scares me a little...

Is there a place at the YC to get/refill the refillable mugs? Is there a quick service location at the YC?

This map gives the best layout of BCV's. Sounds like your request are reasonable so hope for the best. And remember some of the most frequently given advice on this board....If room location is important do not do online checkin and ask if your request have been granted during checkin. If not, ask if anything else is available to suit your needs. Hope this helps.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

This is a great map. is there one just like it for the Yacht Club?

The Yacht and Beach Club has a valet laundry service where you can send out items to be cleaned by the Housekeeping department. They will come to your room and pick up the items and then place them back in the room when they are finished. The fee is per item by the item.

Price list, August 2012:

laundrypricelist.jpg

I have to say that these prices are all over the place! For instance, my husband charges $3 to wash my bras so it might be cheaper for me to have 'em done at the Beach Club.

The big disappointment however is the $20 PLUS to clean the jumpsuit. I was planning on having JanetMom make me a Beach Club "Super Groupie" jump suit so I could run around Storm Along Bay and rescue pool towels from unattended chairs. This jump suit would have to have a very intimidating design to ward off all the drunks and crabby people hogging up the chairs that no one will sit in. Perhaps something along the line of thunder bolts and references to menopause, that way nobody would mess with me. My slogan could be "If your fanny ain't in the seat, it's up for grabs on my beat!"

Unfortunately, super hero jumpsuits like these are definitely not wash and wear so I'm looking at a big dry cleaning bill. Bum me out!

This time tomorrow we will be half way through our 9 hour flight to sunny Orlando. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Ah Pinkgirl, it seems like yesterday when your trip was so far away! I wish you the very best on your vacation and also with your marriage. :hug:

:cool2:As one of the resident 'Doods' on this board I do think this waaaaay cool.:cool2:

I love all the "Doods" on this board. You and Kate'sDad have always been such great contributors. :thumbsup2 Now we have a couple of "New Dood's" on the board that are a welcome addition. It think that's a "Doody-ful" thing! C'mon lurking Dood's, come join the party!

~NM

Hi everyone just came across this thread and WOW this is awesome. Great job to those who created this. So informative and so many great pictures:thumbsup2.

We will be arrive at BC Sept. 8 thru 11th for just a quick trip. Nice to see some fellow New Englanders and Pats fans on this thread. Hope HH will be open when we arrive, I must try one of these sunken treasure drinks I have been reading about... sounds delish!

US TOO!!! Arriving (hopefully) at MCO at 8:45 am - boy are we gonna be tired - flight leaves at 6 am! Was I crazy or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter