2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new thread means our trips are getting closer :cool1:

Seeing the first few pages with all thee great pics and info made me think about details. I'm staying at BCV in a 1bdrm. Do the king size beds have king size pillows? Does anyone remember?

The king beds at BCV have four standard size pillows. HTH.

Hi - my friends are finalizing their GG food/beer order and asked if the refrigerators in the room have the small freezer box. Anyone know? They are debating on getting these frozen margarita pouches to be able to take to the pool.

No freezer in the refrigerators at YC and BC these days. The villas have small freezer sections in studios and full freezers sections in the one and two BRS. HTH.

Well we finally got into our new room at 3:30 this afternoon. I was hoping it would have been sooner but what can you do? The room is great and hopefully it will be G-rated for the rest of the week! :lmao:

Blizzard Beach was a great time. The sun stayed out all day. We are waiting for the bus to MK and it is now looking stormy. We may be dodging rain and lightening this evening but the weather map looks like it won't last long. Now if only the bus would get here! Lol

Hope your new room is much more peaceful!

Just a brief update, we checked in around 2ish. The CM who was checking in was just earning her ears and was extremely nice but the senior CM who was sorta watching over her was fantastic. He asked my youngest who his favorite Disney character was, which of course he responded Goffy, and promptly got Goofy on the phone to wish him a happy birthday. :thumbsup2. We weren't sure what to expect with our room (garden view) but I must say its great. We have a view right as you walk out the lobby and can see SAB and crescent lake from our patio. We took off straight for Epcot and messed around there for a few and just came back to the room to unpack and get settled before we venture out for the night. Like cmcadoo said the weather looks bad but I think it's going to miss us...crossing fingers!

Have a great vacation!

Princess Lily has her buckets and shovels packed.
Her Mom has her beer packed for the pool.
I've got the noodles ready.
Bob's in charge of everything else.

Poor Bob. :rotfl: Have a blast tomorrow. :beach:

Great new FAQ, Dee. Thanks for all your work.

:cheer2::cheer2::dance3::cheer2::cheer2:

Paid off our Beach Club trip yesterday! woot woot

Angel16

Dee, love the new pics of Lily!!!!

Posted a few more pictures this morning- mostly non-Disney fun.

And a shameless plug... especially for you folks from New England... I added pictures from Dee & Ben's Excellent Adventures last week to York's Wild Animal Kingdom, Water Country and Hampton Beach in my ongoing class trip report (Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail). Local adventures are on on page 43.

Click on the link in my signature, or here: Excuses, Excuses: York, Water Country, Hampton Beach

And also love your pics! They make me truly miss New England :sad: Hampton was the site of many teenage days, including after prom and senior skip day :p And we spent our summers in Wells, ME and used to go to York all the time. So many memories!

I have been to Wells a few times, too. Great sea glass.

I truly love New England. As I commented in my trip report, we live 15-20 minutes away from 3 beaches in two states, we are about an hour from Boston, a couple of hours from the mountains and we are close to fun attractions like York's Wild Animal Kingdom, Canobie Lake Park and Water Country.

The winters s*ck, though!

Once again, thank you all for your nice comments about the "new" FAQ thread. We have such a nice family here! :grouphug:

7 weeks from today DH and I check into the YC :yay: The other day I upgraded us to CL as a surprise for him. I cannot wait to get there :)

I keep seeing mentions of Mickey Mail and I am now starting to panic ...

Is just for people with packages??? or using Magical Express?? (we are renting a car) We have a room only reservation and have not received anything since we booked it a few months ago

We check-in 8 days!!

Can someone ease my concerns??

(Of course I did just sign on to see my reservation smiling back at me with my balance due date of our arrival day)

I think that Hannah's will be closed for refurbishment during our stay in September. I read Teen's helpful post that they will be making other arrangements for food etc but I was just wondering if there will be an alternative refillable mug location near SAB? Hope so?

TIA
Andona

Excellent question! The Beaches and Cream take out window is currently a location for CM-assisted mug refill. I haven't heard if there will be an alternate refill station set up but that would be a great idea.

As soon as we hear how it is all working once HH is shut down, we will post the info here.

I keep seeing mentions of Mickey Mail and I am now starting to panic ...

Is just for people with packages??? or using Magical Express?? (we are renting a car) We have a room only reservation and have not received anything since we booked it a few months ago

We check-in 8 days!!

Can someone ease my concerns??

(Of course I did just sign on to see my reservation smiling back at me with my balance due date of our arrival day)

I don't know the answer to your question, but hopefully one of the experts here can help you out. What I do know is that Mickey Mail usually comes in two phases- one is the regular package/booking info. Magical Express luggage tags are sent separately.

2 questions re: BC space...

1) will a gallon of milk fit in the fridge in a standard room?

2) will an iPad fit in the safe in the room?

Thanks!! You guys rock!! Only one month and a day left!!

1) Yes and No.

fridge.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

I believe two half-gallons will fit. Can anyone confirm?

2) Don't know. Hope someone can answer this for you.

Missions- up for grabs

I want to add a section to the FAQ post called "Will it Fit?"

I would love it if someone going soon could take pictures of the fridge with a half gallon of milk/juice in it, and of the safe with an ipad (if it indeed fits)

Anyone up for packing a tape measure to get the dimensions of the safe?

Yes, I am serious!

BTW- I am still looking for someone to "time" the lazy river. How long does it take to make one complete rotation without propulsion.

Again. Serious.

Paid off our room only reservation this morning! Less than two weeks until our first BC stay. Cannot wait!

I wanted to thank folks again for their wheelchair suggestions last month. I'm more of a lurker than a poster but wanted to give you a quick knee surgery update. Had it done 4 weeks ago and the recovery is moving along swiftly. I'm up to walking 1.5 miles a day before my knee cries uncle. Definitely won't be able to handle 5-10 miles a day in WDW for a week. Anyway- my health insurance covers the wheelchair rental so I decided to rent one from a medical supply company here at home and truck it down on the plane. It's not ideal but it gave me the ability to be fitted for it and I was able to choose the lightweight travel model. A lot more choices than the mobility suppliers that deliver to WDW hotels.

I know many people recommended a scooter but DH and I both feel that since I'll only need a mobility device part time, it's more hassle and overkill than it's worth since we'll be relying on WDW transportation. I warned him about the heat and physical toll it will be for him to push me but he's not concerned. (he's a hardcore runner, biker and swimmer - triathlete, so endurance challenges are his forte - I keep warning him to be careful what he wishes for, LOL) Here's hoping it goes smoothly and this gimpy knee doesn't interrupt my fun. :cool2:

Dee~ I just took a picture of my fridge with a half gallon of milk in the door. I can email it to you if you would like. :)

Here's a room update......all was quiet!!! We still have connecting doors but it hasn't been a problem this time. You wouldn't even know someone was next door!!

Well today's plan is to spend the day at AK. Typical chance of rain for today so all should be good! I will check in later.

Have a great day!

Dee~ I just took a picture of my fridge with a half gallon of milk in the door. I can email it to you if you would like. :)

Here's a room update......all was quiet!!! We still have connecting doors but it hasn't been a problem this time. You wouldn't even know someone was next door!!

Well today's plan is to spend the day at AK. Typical chance of rain for today so all should be good! I will check in later.

Have a great day!

I'm so glad to hear you had a "quieter" night last night.

If it is easy for you to email it to me, that would be great. If not, it can totally wait until you return.

beachclubdee@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!

Have fun at AK!!!

Note to self: when celebrating anniversary in YC room, BE QUIET! :lmao:

Finally booked a flight home from Orlando yesterday for our Oct/Nov trip. Hubby wasn't happy about that because it means now we have to come home. I'm still not thrilled with the price, but when it went up again last week, I decided that as soon as it went down again, I was booking. I really wanted the last flight of the day back to Providence, so while that early flight was $110 (a dream price these days), I ended up with the last flight at $165. Now I'm just hoping for another price drop so I can rebook and take the credits. (I love Southwest for free bags and for the fact I can get credits if the price drops.) I actually had some credits left from our travels in June, so that was good. So keep your fingers crossed for another price drop so I can get some more credits!!

81 days!

Yes! Two iPads fit comfortably together in the BC safe (though not much room for anything else...)

Have a great day!

Here we go!!!

Thanks, cmcadoo66 for the on-the-spot picture of the fridge.

fridgecmcadoo66.jpg

Hmmm.... so looking at the picture. Can two half-gallons fit in or just one?

From my files:

safewithipadMsCoz2000.jpg

MsCoz2000 provided the photo of the safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter